Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,279 of 1279
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

* My character must put clothes on at some point.
    ** 'There's no law against public nudity', while true in the country we're playing in, might not be true in-setting.
    Snazzy avatar by Honest Tiefling.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*Finding a way to weasel out of an oath to not tell my commander about the Paladin making a deal for power with a demon is within my character. Proceeding to lead the now murderously enraged paladin on a wild goose chase around our home base for half a day using lots of stealth cheese and summoned creatures is just rubbing it in.
    ** That same character cannot distract a couple of guards armed to the teeth by acting cute while Wild Shaped into a kitten. Especially if what they're guarding is a prison in Fantasy Siberia.
    *** If you want to play an impulsive and brash trickster so badly, cannot keep being unable to roll above a 5 on saves against Fear. Especially if I'm proficient in that save with high Wisdom, and have a decent time rolling Wisdom saves otherwise.
    (RIP Zanna of the Moon, 2017-2018. She was fun.)
    Last edited by Harpier; 2018-06-10 at 01:52 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

* While it may be a monstrosity, may not wild shape into Trump Tower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Halfling in the Playground

An oath to the crown assumes you're enforcing local laws, not the law of your homeland wherever you go.
    *An oath to the crown as paladin does not automatically make you inspector javert
    ** You are not allowed to sing every line you say as an oath of the crown paladin, unless you multiclass bard
    *** You are not allowed to have been born inside a jail if you're oath of the crown
    **** Yes, your oath demands you chase down bread thieves until you catch them. Why are you asking
    ***** NO MORE JAVERT JOKES.
    Spoiler: Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    If you or a loved one suffer from CBD, Cynnirjetyxcks may be right for you. Cynnirjetyxcks is a once per long rest medication proven to lessen, or even completely negate, the symptoms of CBD. With Cynnirjetyxcks, you no longer have to feel the urge to suddenly Sneak Attack your close friends.
    Side effects of Cynnirjetyxcks include (Long ass list)
    Talk to your Cleric about Cynnirjetyxcks, because tomorrow there can be hope. Hope for a world without self-inflicted TPKs.

5. - Top - End - #1265

*Not allowed to create the only DMPC a party has ever liked, then kill him.
    **No matter how noble of a sacrifice it was.
    ***Yes, they would have literally rather saved him instead of the world.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harpier View Post
    ** That same character cannot distract a couple of guards armed to the teeth by acting cute while Wild Shaped into a kitten. Especially if what they're guarding is a prison in Fantasy Siberia.
    *** You cannot, CANNOT start grappling guards as a tiny kitten wildshaped monk.
    **** YES I KNOW THERE ARE NO SIZE RESTRICTIONS! I KNOW YOU RETAIN YOUR STRENGTH OF *reads* 22. This is silly.
    ***** The tiny kitten cannot have the burly bouncer in a headlock.
    ******THAT'S IT! That is the last time I'll allow you to pick an archetype that combines wildshape with monks.
    ******* No you cannot play a summoner of a diminuitive protean worm with constrict. I know what you plan to do.
    Wilfred Springgauge - Tinker Gnome Wizard - Henchmen!
    Siodhachan 'Siod' Glunmar - Shoanti (Half-Orc) Slayer - Curse of the Crimson Throne

7. - Top - End - #1267

* We may not bypass the entire dungeon by polymorphing into flies and just flying past all the guards and traps to the room where the Macguffin is.
    ** This does not make the party a swarm of Fine creatures and therefore make us immune to single-target effects like, e.g., flyswatters.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    * We may not bypass the entire dungeon by polymorphing into flies and just flying past all the guards and traps to the room where the Macguffin is.
    ** This does not make the party a swarm of Fine creatures and therefore make us immune to single-target effects like, e.g., flyswatters.
    May not argue it is just because you forgot size limitations on polymorph and should have used shape change.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ettin in the Playground

* My AI character can't be a spam bot.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

Cannot play a pacifist in a setting based on martial arts anime.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here.

Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1271

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    May not argue it is just because you forgot size limitations on polymorph and should have used shape change.
    Nah, Fine vermin are totally within the bounds of polymorph's capabilities, at least in 3.5.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Cannot play a pacifist in a setting based on martial arts anime.
    *Similarly a wilderness campaign will not need a socialite.
    ** You cannot persuade wildlife to fight for you.
    *** Yes, you did roll an impressive result. Random small dog breeds, squirrels and deer does not qualify as a fighting force.
    **** 6 squirrels don't count as a swarm.
    Siodhachan 'Siod' Glunmar - Shoanti (Half-Orc) Slayer - Curse of the Crimson Throne

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    ***** Or a vehicle, no matter what rules exploits I can come up with.

Show

14. - Top - End - #1274

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    *Similarly a wilderness campaign will not need a socialite.
    ** You cannot persuade wildlife to fight for you.
    *** Yes, you did roll an impressive result. Random small dog breeds, squirrels and deer does not qualify as a fighting force.
    Small dogs, squirrels, and deer may not qualify as a fighting force, but I've had good results using beavers as combat engineers.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

*May not start play with no ranks in Perform and a set of bagpipes.
    ** May not RP a 9 Charisma by being annoying any other way either
    *** May not RP an 18 Charisma with a Jimmy Stewart impression
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Small dogs, squirrels, and deer may not qualify as a fighting force, but I've had good results using beavers as combat engineers.
    No, a squirrel powered Riksha or Sedan chair is right out.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah, Fine vermin are totally within the bounds of polymorph's capabilities, at least in 3.5.
    You canít cause a subject to assume a form smaller than Fine
    So fine is fine but nothing smaller than fine is fine.
    But fine is the smallest size.
    Polymorph size restriction does not makes sense: since there is nothing smaller than fine saying "You canít cause a subject to assume a form smaller than Fine" is redundant with the fact sizes smaller than fine does not exists.
    But it also means I can take the shape of a bug so it is okay.
    Last edited by noob; 2018-06-16 at 05:35 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Ettin in the Playground

* Homeopathy and the elemental plane of water do not mix.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1279

* I am not to trigger demarcation disputes by summoning other party's final bosses away.

* I am not to play The Last Post every time one of the summoned expendable mooks die.
    Last edited by TheTeaMustFlow; Yesterday at 03:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`