New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Samzat View Post
    *I may not attempt to throw the dungeon my party are currently exploring at an enemy
    **nor can I throw my fellow party members
    ***possession of a vorpal throwing GREATAXE is right out
    i like this guy without knowing anything else about them.

*favored enemy "subtlety" doesn't exist.
    **neither does "boredom", "idiots", "tropes", "michael bay", "creatures", or "plot".
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XI: I May Not Postpone Naming My Thread

*I can not drink beer out of the holy grail or any of its equivalents.
    **Or wine.
    ***Or Rum
    ****Or vodka.
    *****Or absinthe.
    ******Or any kind of whiskey.
    *******No drinking booze out of any sacred cups.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *I can not drink beer out of the holy grail or any of its equivalents.
    **Or wine.
    Not wine? That's... awkward.

* First contact with hostile aliens shall not include communications in Tamarian, emojis, or armpit farts.
    ** Evacuated colonists are not to be armed and sent back down just to pad my defense numbers.
    *** I am not to dismiss a 104% survival rate of rescued colonists as an act of Starfleet efficiency.
    **** If the aliens demand payment for the invaders I captured, I'm not to melt the prisoners down into currency.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Not wine? That's... awkward.
    Well, Rater202 didn't say that you couldn't put wine in, just that you couldn't drink it out.

Which depending on where you stand on Transubstantiation may be quite appropriate

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

*May no longer replace hands with steel fists
    **The wizard is no longer allowed to enchant said fists
    ***Magic +3 steel fists that launch like a light crossbow and can move and manifest with fire was a bad idea
    ****No longer allowed to take the sharpshooter feat with launching fists
    *****No longer allowed to weld more pieces of metal to body for AC
    ******Rocket feet was also a bad idea
    *******So was being allowed to become 20 feet tall at will
    ********No longer allowed to become 8 levels above rest of party
    *********No longer allowed to play fighter

*No rolling to seduce the plot
    **No not even if you're a bard
    ***Especially because you're a bard
    ****You cannot multiclass to cleric and worship a god of plot
    *****You cannot become the god of plot again

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

*May no longer get Metamagic Song as a gestalt Sorcerer/Bard
    ** May no longer get Lyric Spell as a gestalt Sorcerer/Bard
    ***May no longer play a Sorcerer/Bard, gestalt or not, with Lyric Spell or Metamagic Song
    **** May no longer play any build that has both Bard and another spontaneous Arcane spellcasting class with Lyric Spell or Metamagic Song

Not OP, but silly and prone to messing up plans in a lot of ways. Bards get one use of Bardic Music per level. Metamagic Song lets you replace the spell level adjustment of metamagic on spontaneously cast Arcane spells with uses of Bardic Music. Lyric Spell lets you cast Spontaneous Arcane Spells by expending one Bardic Music use plus the spell level. Naturally, this makes Sorcerer/Bard gestalt get silly because you are replacing a bunch of Sorcerer spell slots with Bardic Music because the feats don't mention class restrictions. And it breaks for the Divine Bard AFC/variant class because it only works for Arcane spells.

But here's the biggest catch: You can use metamagic on your highest level spell with Metamagic Song and get extra uses per day of your highest level spell slot. You can break the Sorcerer's normal restrictions in nasty ways to let loose novas far above your normal level. It can make the DM feel safe when your level 3 Sorcerer/level 3 Bard gestalt has cast their full daily allotment of 2nd level spells, then they use their untouched Bardic Music uses to cast just one more 2nd level spell.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Explosives do not come in "vorpal."
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    **Not even frag grenades
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #129
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    **Not even frag grenades
    *** Wrapping Detcord around someone's neck is technically cheating.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzly513 View Post
    *No rolling to seduce the plot
    **No not even if you're a bard
    Then what's the point of playing a bard?

* I cannot estimate the number of bards in a city by taking the square root of the number of unplanned pregnancies.
    ** Bards do not compete with each other to have the most illegitimate children.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-05-25 at 03:41 PM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Wiping out a tinker gnome settlement by turning a kender loose and then running away will be considered a chaotic evil act.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

* Yes, I may refluff my powers as needed to fit my character concept.
    ** Magic Missile cannot be refluffed to 'two weeks ago I mind controlled an assassin and now I'm telling him to shoot where I want'.
    * Cannot buy every single mind control and Divination spell in the game and nothing else.
    ** Especially because it's significantly more powerful than actually buying combat magic.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

* Cannot buy every single mind control and Divination spell in the game and nothing else.
    ** Especially because it's significantly more powerful than actually buying combat magic.
    You say that until someone throws out a lead-plated golem with Protection from Scrying and Nystul's Magic Aura on it.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2017-05-26 at 12:11 PM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

You say that until someone throws out a lead-plated golem with Protection from Scrying and Nystul's Magic Aura on it.
    Two things:
    -This is very unlikely to come up with the games I play in, and would only come up in a game I'd run specifically as a counter to mind magic.
    -I consider power here to be the ability to solve problems, and while combat magic can be used creatively (I sometimes like to take basic fire spells for utility) stuff like mind control and illusions solves more problems I tend to encounter in-game.

So yeah, if the GM or other player throws a construct defended against scrying at me, well done. It's the sort of shutting down that I'm totally fine with but few people are actually willing to do (which is weird, especially as I've been known to abuse enchantment magic like it's going out of fashion). Prove to me that investing in combat magic rather than avoid combat like the plague is worthwhile and I'll do it. But I've never had a GM make mind control useless yet.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-05-26 at 02:06 PM.

Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Firbolg in the Playground

Then you scry and mind control the guy who can solve the problem for you.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

*May not build Imp
    **or Skitter
    ***May not play as ANY character from Worm

*If the first step of my plan for avoiding detection is "Get found," it's a bad plan.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

* Not every weapon has a blast radius.
    ** The minimum safe distance from my character must be less than the average county.

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

* Not every weapon has a blast radius.
    ** The minimum safe distance from my character must be less than the average county.
    ***The weapon's range must exceed the minimum safe distance.
    ****May not have an M-29 Davy Crockett.
    *****May not purchase, engineer, invent, or otherwise acquire any functionally-equivalent weapon system.
    ******May not research any magic that can produce equivalent results either.
    ******Any character who can do more damage, by any means, whether in terms of immediate impact or long-term damage, than an M-388 miniature nuclear warhead is vetoed.

*In Deadlands, my Agent (Union spy/paranormal investigator/MiB) in Deadlands must be more subtle than summarily executing any NPC who owns slaves, works for the CSA, or witnesses something they shouldn't.
    **I am banned from purchasing dynamite unless I can use it responsibly.
    ***"Responsibly" means not only minimizing civilian casualties and property damage, but also refraining from detonating the entire plot.
    ****My first reaction to hearing about a haunted mine may not be to spend all my dinero on dynamite.
    *****"Spending all my starting money on dynamite" is not a valid character concept.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

***The weapon's range must exceed the minimum safe distance.
    **** Any suggestion that this isn't true for standard thermonuclear hand grenades will result in immediate allocation to the nearest maximum fun chamber.
    ***** I can put an explosive enchantment on my arrows. I may not put an explosive enchantment on my sword.
    ****** Explosive enchantments no do stack.

* No matter what the rules say my monk cannot offensively sit on people multiple times a round.
    ** May not double my weight every time my martial arts damage die increases.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2017-05-27 at 02:53 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    *May not build Imp
    **or Skitter
    ***May not play as ANY character from Worm
    ****Especially not Riley.
    *****My character is not a good girl.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #141

Imp

***** I can put an explosive enchantment on my arrows. I may not put an explosive enchantment on my sword.
    I had a player who got a 'chaos sword,' which had a 1-in-4 chance of triggering a wand of wonder affect every time it was used. He killed his teammates once or twice with accidental fireballs, and then couldn't save them because his previous strike summoned a swarm of butterflies.

*Not allowed to abuse the morality rules in world of darkness.
    **Changelings who can murder any amount of people they like, but lose sanity from seeing bread, should not exist.

22. - Top - End - #142

DrowGuy

**unfortunately.
    ***not allowed to change that. we went over that five times, edward!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138
    ******Any character who can do more damage, by any means, whether in terms of immediate impact or long-term damage, than an M-388 miniature nuclear warhead is vetoed
    **I am banned from purchasing dynamite unless I can use it responsibly.
    ***"Responsibly" means not only minimizing civilian casualties and property damage, but also refraining from detonating the entire plot
    you too, huh? we'd get along like a house on fire! (the dm on the other hand would weep tears of rage which one of us would proceed to weaponize.

*no weaponizing the dm's bodily fluids!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard
    * No matter what the rules say my monk cannot offensively sit on people multiple times a round.
    **teabagging is an offense reserved for multiplayer fps. not pen and paper...

preemptively throwing one out (to be confirmed tonight):

*dark heresy and pathfinder have a class in common: the inquisitor. don't mix up the two.
    ** pathfinder inquisitors will not *BLAM!!* anyone, unless they've got inquisition of black powder.
    *** nope, no giving guizonde guns in pathfinder.
    **** especially a scatter-gun to abuse crit rules.
    ***** or to "expedite" any problem by administration of high-velocity lead to a problematic face or twelve.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

* If I'm going to burn the heretics I must first establish what religion I follow.

Show

24. - Top - End - #144

DrowGuy

* If I'm going to burn the heretics I must first establish what religion I follow.
    **despite evidence to the contrary, "violence" is not a religion.
    *** neither is "genocide".
    *** "fire" on the other hand...

(well, in animist religions it is...)
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

25. - Top - End - #145
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ****Especially not Riley.
    *****My character is not a good girl.
    *Cannot play a Vivisectionist Alchemist interested in studying how the brains of psionic characters/sorcerers vary from other people
    **Cannot perform surgery to make people psionic or sorcerers.
    ***Conversely, cannot remove/alter someone's innate casting abilities via lobotomy

26. - Top - End - #146

DrowGuy

*guizonde is no longer allowed to play the skill monkey.
    ** no becoming the face of the group with an 11 in cha.
    *** just because i bypassed a mad playstyle by swapping wis and cha does not mean i've got "common sense".
    **** despite evidence to the contrary, "common sense" is not a superpower.
    ***** becoming batman through multiclassing just to throw out a pun will get me books thrown at me.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not use Dimension Door to flee combat by saying "I holler "Run for your lives!" and cast "NOPE" to do a leave 500 feet thataway."
    **Especially not in the first round of combat.
    ***Especially not if I'm three levels ahead of more than half the party.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

My bardlock cannot summon his patron by singing 'hello darkness my old friend....'
    Nor is that the verbal component for the "Silence" spell.

I cannot take expertise in "Pinball Machine" and incessantly play "Pinball Wizard".

The spell is called "Plane Shift", not "Stairway to Heaven"

I am banned from any musical instruments or systems during play.
    My DM allows UA and some homebrews, but not SCAG or EE.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zarquon Illius View Post
    My bardlock cannot summon his patron by singing 'hello darkness my old friend....'
    Nor is that the verbal component for the "Silence" spell.

I cannot take expertise in "Pinball Machine" and incessantly play "Pinball Wizard".

The spell is called "Plane Shift", not "Stairway to Heaven"

I am banned from any musical instruments or systems during play.
    *Not required to play Stairway to Heaven if we take the Infinite Staircase to get to Elysium.
    **Not allowed to not make a reference, however.

*If the last time I met my Enemy (from the Flaw) I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the pea-shooter of a shoddy revolver I had, buying my Shooting skill up two die sizes, getting a Gatling pistol, and taking the Quickdraw edge before the next time we meet up is bad form.
    **Not allowed to play the "*whistle* Wah Wah Wah" sound effect from A Fistful of Dollars every time we draw initiative.
    ***Under no circumstances can I ever make a Deadlands character who can be described completely accurately as "Slim Pickens with a Gatling gun." Again.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

30. - Top - End - #150

*"A wizard did it!" is not a good explanation for why everything in my campaign has terrible names.
    **No, working said wizard into the plot doesn't make it better.
    *Including extra rules for turning and rebuking creatures other than undead is fine. Revealing those rules to the party by having their warforged get commanded by an enemy cleric is not so fine.
    **Especially when he tackles the wizard and beats him unconscious in two rounds.
    ***Even moreso when he hadn't been effective in melee when he fought FOR the party.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.