New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Rise of Villainy (IC)

Hitting the Streets

Seeing the Brothers' goons run off, Danny sneaks towards the manhole where his rats dragged the Triad kid. As Danny walks to enter the manhole after his rats, he picks up the bag the skinhead dropped. He scribbles and drops a note, with a command for one of his smarter rats to bring it to the teams' car and wait for any reply, then return to Danny.

Captured Triad. In sewers, safe but passed out. Question later? Nothing important in bag.
    If want me aboveground, send this rat with message.

Once below-ground, Danny searches the kid for anything of import, pocketing any weapons or things like cell phone, drugs, large bills. He turns off the cell phone. If the kid has a wallet, Danny jots down the info, but leaves the wallet and any small bills the kid has.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Making a Deal

Sounds ... technical. Alistair looks around, especially towards FInn, as the Group does not have a tinker.
    I think we can figure something out....

Hitting the Streets

Yeah yeah I`m coming .... just need to shake some paparrazzi.

That was Alistairs Message as he was asked to take part in the groups triad Hunting 101, 23 minutes ago. It took the youth that long to vanish without being followed and then get near the area where Danny and Finn were intent on trying their hand at disrupting the Triad first.

I`m here. Where do you need me? His next Message asks.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Planning the deal

Mohammad had extended an invitation to the crew to gather and plan for the attack. After initially greeting those who came he starts the planning with his own perspective.

"So I'm thinking that we need to know a plan of the place. If Tsukomu can find some demolition expert we can use the plan to place the explosives most effectively. Elf, can you open the doors to the place? It would also be sure convinient if we could figure out who was on guard that day and let Jane kiss them. I don't know how helpful I can be during the mission itself. Thoughts?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Planning the Deal

Alistair receives a hand delivered note detailing companies that sell mining explosives from his father's company

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Way I see it, you need a few things before you're ready for the heist:

1. A way to destroy the place

2. Scout the place

3. A way to retrieve any loot you may want

Interrogating the Prisoner

The kid woke up after a few minutes, shaking and shivering in fear.

"W-w-what do you want with me?" he whispered.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Before the kid woke up, Danny sends a text message to Jane: "Help persuade? Your choice."

When the kid wakes up, Danny -- now dressed in his Pied Piper mask -- starts to answer him. He makes no attempt to hide his age, responding in a calm and friendly manner.

"I figured it was intervene or those Brothers thugs would've killed you. I'm sorry for the scare, and I don't plan to hurt you. Once we're done here, my rats'll return your phone, and I'll give you some cash so you can drop by a clinic to get the bites and scratches looked over.

But in exchange, I want information. You're Triad, right? What do they have you do for them?
    "

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Jane had been waiting in the team car when she saw one of Danny's rats arrive followed shortly by the familiar buzz of her cellular phone. Apparently, the Pied Piper had managed to secure a Triad thug for interrogation, a useful asset if they were able to secure his loyalty. After quickly typing up a response consisting of "omw" and "any plans?" she followed the rat back to his location.

Having arrived at the correct manhole, Jane grabs a bandana out of her bag and ties it around her lower face hopefully curbing the stench of the sewers before descending into the dank depths below. Here, she meets up with the Pied Piper and uses her power on the Triad thug before he wakes up in order to ensure that the extent of her abilities are not immediately obvious to the captive.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Shopping for Explosives

Danny (and anyone who wants to come) goes by the different locations Mr. Hawke listed, trying to get an idea of their security. He has some of his rats look around, but since he doesn't have cameras yet, the only intel he can get is basic stuff like "did you get inside?" or "were there keyholes or buttons on the door?" from some of his smarter rats, which he's trained to nod or shake their heads.

Trying to appear like just another car driving by. (Actually, I guess Danny does need at least one teammate to have someone who can drive the car.)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Planning the Deal

With a silent sigh, and probably for the 1th time, AListair rebukes the Name he seems to be struggling to get rid ofMy Name is NOT "Elf",
    dang it. Note to self, I really need to comew up with something and start a campaign, or I´ll never get rid of it....
    THe latter part is mumbled.
    Agreed, we need Info, but I am not sure if I am OK with permanently enslaving somebody who might not ebven be of use in this case.
    How about getting some rats into the building, or evenb etter, utilizing some police sources?"

He looks towards Finn.

As his team seems loathe to actually answer his text (or inc ase of Ashur likely unable, he would need to give him a few disposeable phones asap) Alistair simply starts to wander around in the Area, looking for a teammate or other, or some rats.
    And wondering why he is being excluded.

Shopping for Explosives

Alistair has agreed to do the driving duty, and argued that an expensive car will likely cause less police interest, and so they are driving around some industrial zones in a brand new white Jaguar XJ 5.0.
    Not that he himself has better ideas on how to get into the companies, but thuen again, he could probably just buy the stuff anyway...

Sooo....Anything yet? he asks over the rather quiet piano concerto playing on the stereo.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Jane takes on a common theme of a form, a statuesque female with a breathtaking face, perfect skin, and large 'assets' In this specific case, she was Chinese, had an overly soft voice, long black hair, and delicate hands and feet.

Alistair is approached by one of Danny's oldest rats. It squeaked at him and beckoned him to follow him to the manhole in which the prisoner was kept.

The boy gulped and nodded, "I'm a scout. I'm to find who is poking around our territory and inform my higher ups on who I see."

Shopping for Explosives
    The rats signal that they could get in, and that the humans used keys to get to explosives. Some of your dumber rats got killed by the rat traps inside.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Hmm... have the Brothers been making moves against your gang for a while now, or is this new?"

With a glance to Jane -- and thankful that his mask hides his blushing at her new form -- he asks, "Could you help us meet one of your higher-ups in private? I think she'd be happy to meet one of them. Probably best they don't know they'd meet her until they see her, though."

OOC: idea for Jane to meet the higher-up and kiss him, thus getting a recruit one rank higher

Shopping for Explosives

Danny relays what he learned back to the team, adding, "Since they use keys, my rats can probably stick around and try to figure out where they store the keys. Maybe we can just sneak in at night, knock out any security, or have Jane steal a kiss,, and grab the stuff?"
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2017-06-07 at 12:25 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

[I]OOC: In the interest of getting myself in the game, even though I don't really contribute anything here:

Rodrigo, too, gets the message and heads down into the sewers, quickly applying his makeup on the way.

"You need to get a new place, man. This place is dank, and not in a good way."

OOC: Rodrigo has been out of town for a couple of days and just got back; He was unaware of your meeting with Alistair's dad.

"You get anything out of the small fry?"

12. - Top - End - #72

RedWizardGuy

Finn dropped down from the grate into the sewer behind Rodrigo, looking like a enormous ink stain against the blackness of the sky outside. He didn't need to say much- interrogation training had taught him that sometimes all needed to do was be silent and intimidating, and Pied Piper had the good-cop side of this conversation already. Come down into the sewer. We've got the Triad kid. he texted to "Elf".

Shopping for Explosives

"Alistair, make sure to change your route on the next pass. You've gone by that apartment building three times now and someone's going to start wondering if you're casing the place." Finn said over speaker phone from where he was sitting on a nearby bench, ostensibly reading a newspaper but really making sure that nobody in the explosives company was getting too suspicious with his teammates in the circling car. "Breaking in shouldn't be too hard if you or someone else can guide me, Danny. Maybe Jane can charm some information out of a clerk? Just a thought."
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Alistair follows the rat, taking care nobody recognises him doing so, after all there is an image to be held up.

Ducking into the dank little cellar he drops his long hooded overcoat and reveals that he is decked out to rumble. Sleek silverish Armor, a greywhite Harlequin mask and his Naginata on his Back.

"Need any help? He almost whispers....

Shopping for Explosives

Check. Any Idea which one looks most promising so far?
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2017-06-07 at 02:33 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Planetar

Shifting had always been the easy part, but coercing the target came as a bit of a challenge, and a morally ambiguous one at that. But for now, she had a job to do and that was to persuade the thug to arrange a meeting with his leaders. "We are very sorry for the rough handling, but it was necessary for my partner to save your life. We have a proposition for the Triad and I was hoping that you might help us help them."

Shopping for Explosives
    Never having been one much for plans, Nat decided to let the others take the lead. "I'd be fine with either of the plans, but I think we need a way to identify me just in case we get split up and I take an unfamiliar form. Any thoughts?"
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-06-09 at 11:52 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Pied Piper gives a nod towards the kid during Jane's apology, but otherwise waits for the kid to respond.

Shopping for Explosives

At Jane's question, Danny looks focused for a bit then says, "If we can talk to you, we could have a passphrase set up before each mission, but that wouldn't help if you had to hide among enemy thugs or something like that. Maybe you would wear a special bracelet or ribbon around your wrist, something like that? You could get a new one each mission, so if some villain notices it they can't just try to duplicate it, since we'd know the right one for the given mission. Not a great idea, though, since it'd be something people could look for if they realize it. Anyone got better ideas?"

"As for what to do in general, I think this place my rats scoped out seems the best. Not too big a company, but they have what we need. Security's not too tight. Big question is if Jane should get us through security or if a group of us should do a raid at night. I could see me, Alistar, Rodrigo, and Finn working well together for this.
    Um... as a mix of the ideas, we could have Jane assume the night security's form then run up asking for help along with Finn and Hoodoo, the guys in civilian garb. I reckon if she holds on to the guard in fear, she could get a kiss. Then some of my rats come up, she asks the guard to let them in to stay safe.
    Finn, do you have martial arts enough to take out any other guards? Between you doing that and Hoodoo acting like a shield, I'd think you could get it to just Jane's guard left. She just explains they really need something, and the guard leads us the rest of the way. You all could let me in and, with my rats, I can find where the keys are and we load up and leave.

What I really don't like about that plan is it shows four of us working together. We could wipe the security feed -- um, Finn, do you know how to do stuff like that -- but it'd be hard to keep us being a team secret. Probably could do it just with Jane getting inside with a guard, then I have my rats swarm in and take out the other guards, then she and I get the goods. Hmm, maybe that's best.
    The rest of you could hang back and provide a distraction if cops show up.
    "

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

The kid isn't sure how to react, clearly confused by what's going on. "Who are you people?" he asked.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Shopping for Explosives

I`d also prefer our first real outing not to be something low class as stealing C4, aside from the fact I can only participate if one of us can get rid of any footage. Finn?" After all, "That Damned Elf" is still, besides looking for a better name, trying to establish himself firmly in the Vigilante Camp for now.

As soon as we have done that, I can deal with anything even remotely likely to be in use here, aside from eventual snipers. He almost chuckles at the qualifier. Still, he is right, seeing his durability and extreme combat prowess thanks to his Insight and Reflexes it is very unlikely for anything to actually stop him outside of dedicated antiCape Stuff of higher power. And High Power Capes of course.

Alistair simply steps closer to let the boy get a good long look at him, immaculate elvish features, Armor and all, grabbing his Naginata and by doing so shrouding it in grey-silver. crackling Energy. And looks at him.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Interrogating a Prisoner

"I-I know who you are!" the boy protested, shaking a bit. "but I do not know who the rat man is, or who the Lady is."
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Neither do you need to. Alistairs voice is quiet, calm and cool.
    It is in your own best interest to cooperate. Again his tone is not threatening at all.
    While his stature (and street rep) certainly are.

20. - Top - End - #80

RedWizardGuy

Shopping For Explosives

"Can I put in my two cents?" Finn interjects. "We had a system for these sorts of things when dealing with Masters, Strangers, and Changers, back when I was working for the PRT. You make two sets of question-answer passcodes, one for checking up on the rest of the group before the proverbial crap hits the fan, the other is only used for affirming that everyone is who we think they are. Change the codes every mission. That way we have an easy way of confirming who Jane is even when she changes shape."
    My Homebrew
    Healer: Pathfinder remake of the 3.5 class of the same name. Light, restoration, and more positive energy effects than you can shake a cleric at.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Danny puts on an affected hurt voice, "I thought I made the news more than that. Well, I guess he's right who I am isn't really important. I'm here with her. I'll let her talk."
    He motions towards Jane.

Shopping for Explosives

Danny nods toward Finn. "Sounds good to me."
    OOC: I like the idea, but I'd rather us just say we are doing this rather than have to think up questions for each mission. Though if any of y'all want to think it up for each mission, no objections.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Rodrigo stands there and looks menacing.

23. - Top - End - #83

Planetar

Siren's body tenses as the burden of convincing the man is shifted to her. There is a pause in the conversation as she attempts to piece together a follow up and project an air of confidence to sell the act. "I'm loyal to the triad and they," gesturing to the others "are loyal to me. We know the plight of the Triad and we wish to help. I was hoping that you," lingering on the word for a second, she continues "might help us get in touch with the higher ups."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Interrogating a Prisoner

"I will deliver the message. If my boss wants to meet with you, how shall I contact you?"

Show
    So I think that's good with for that scene. Unless someone has something to add, I'll set up the next scene.

Also I need a definitive action to advance the explosives theft. You've come up with some good ideas, tell me which one you want to use.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Researching a Company

Going in civilian duds to a library, Danny does some research on the companies they looked into before, as well as several other companies of different industries just to be safe. Mainly, he's trying to find out personal info on the owner of the company they scoped out. Married? Kids? Where lives? The company's financial info (that which is public)?

If the owner is married, Danny looks into marital status of some of the other, larger companies as well, to see if any of those owners seem... well, less of an ethical concern.

He's informed the party he plans to look into this, noting that if we go another way, still no harm in having the info.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Researching 2 Companies

A short SMS is all Alistair does, it goes to his dad and simply states: Would love some Info about RockoComp and Geosmash Inc. For Carreer reasons".

Should not attract any attention even if read by somebody looking for it....
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2017-06-20 at 06:02 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Researching Companies

Spoiler: Info on RockoComp
    Show

An international company with it's headquarters in Vancouver, which primarily explores and mines for copper, zinc, nickle, and platinum.

CEO: P. Pascall, a married 63 year old man from South Africa with a long history of working in mines. Has an honoary PHD in Chemistry,
    Engineering, and Economics.

Head of Canadian Operations: W. Chiefson, a Minnesotan businessman who moved to Canada and is in charge of running the various mines in the Canadian Cordellia region. Is currently in his 50's and married.

Spoiler: Info on Geosmash
    Show

A more local company that focus'd more on making and selling explosives as well as renting consultants in demolitions and the like. Most of their customers are industrial or construction based, though it's a confirmed rumor that they have had military contracts before, as well as contracts with the Guild and PRT.

CEO: G. Loom, a widowed Canadian born man who is 78 years old. He founded the company, and is still a force to be reckoned with after he came back out of retirement when his successor (and son) was killed by a super-villain.

Chief Operations Officer: T. Harloawn: A local businessman born in Vancouver, Thomas Harloawn is a well known supporter of refugees seeking to enter Canada. He has one daughter and one son.

Show
    Decided to combine the research results instead.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

Post Interrogation

After the triad kid have left Ashur turns to Danny. "What's in the bag", he asks trying to keep his hope from showing on the surface.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Researching Companies

After discussing the details with the team, Danny says, "It makes me cringe to think of manipulating a married guy's emotions. I don't remember much of my parents, but it's... well, I think I know they cared for each other. I know we probably will need to use your power on a married person at some point, but I vote on Geosmash. More local is probably better for not being noticed, too. The CEO seems a better bet since no living kids, but from his past he might be on guard for supervillains. Maybe if Nat approaches him in the guise of someone seeking help from a villain attacking? Put his anti-villain stance towards protecting you, and then sneak a kiss. I'm sure one of us could provide the scare. My rats can, if nobody else wants to. Mohammad's water blast might be a good option, too, or Rodrigez doing his thing. Less chance of critical injury than my rats; if they get scared, they sometimes start biting even if I tell them not to."

OOC: wasn't clear, but is the COO married? Guessing so since kids are mentioned, but whether wed or widowed wasn't explicitly stated

Post Interrogation

With a sheepishness comparable to Ashur's hope, Pied Piper replies, "Not much, sorry to say. The only thing of value was the thug's personal drug stash, and it isn't a lot. Unless one of you want it, I'll keep it just in case it's worth planting somewhere with my rats. There's some spray cans and such they were using to cover up the Triad marks and put up the Brothers, too."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Post Interrogation

"I want it" Ashur reaponds, he takes a moment and decides to show some trust to his allies: "I need the money"