New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Chosen Heroes IC

Cal sits back down from his grip test with the goliath, grateful he was able to keep up. He noted the eye flicker but made no mention of it, he knew full well this man was way stronger than he.

"So, M'lady, how many more are you hoping to attract to fill this...menagerie... you've already assembled?"

None in the crowd seemed unhealthily interested in them as of yet.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Kio looked back and forth between Allietta and Sadria. "Wh-... What? Up? In the sky?" it took him a minute to grasp what they were telling him. He didn't really quite believe it, but they seemed so sure! After a while, Kio walked back to the table where Sabra, Zugg and Cal were. He seated himself with them and glanced around at the rowdy Inn.
    "Lady Lang, do you intend to stay the night here at the Prancing Pony?"
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-21 at 12:41 AM.
    "I liked the Dragonborn before it was cool"
    - Kio

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal sat back and relaxed into the room. His drow heritage on display, not hidden deep in a cloak like most of his surface brethren. He had been on the surface long enough to have gotten used to the light. His leather coat hung loosely on him, long enough to be brushing the floor as he sat. He had set his pack and bow near the table with Sabra's shield and no other weapons were visible on him. Everything was shades of, well, dark. Shades of dark was the only way to describe it. His white hair and striking blue eyes tended to stick out.

Kio had seen Cal adopt this posture many times before, if someone thought he was relaxed and off balance they'd be gravely mistaken. He continued to watch the room, catching a serving girls attention and ordering a honeyed mead.

Spoiler: Pic
    Show
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-21 at 08:03 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadira responds to Allietta "No, I'm afraid I can't fly under my own power. I don't have strong enough magic for that yet. I can't recall when I might have mentioning flying, perhaps it was another figure of speech." she watches Kio get up and says "I should probably talk to Sabra, we've been recruiting for a while and it seems this is the best we're going to do" Sadira quaffs what's left of her ale and approaches Sabra's table where she says quietly "I think we've found everyone we're going to get. We've been at this recruitment for a while, we might want to think about making preparations to head out." Sadira realizes that the group probably seems a bit odd to Sabra, and doesn't want her to get caught up waiting for some picture-perfect 'hero of the tales' to come walking in. Especially seeing as we were recruiting for what amounts to a suicide run, not that she wants to call it one out loud given Sabra's heavy emotional investment.

OOC-> Sorry if I missed a conversation bit, I read back through messages and couldn't find anything misunderstood or not.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-21 at 06:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra shrugs at Cal's affirmation of Kio. "If you say so." She does not look especially convinced. "I was hoping to attract whatever help I could, honestly. Another healer? I would not want to overtax the dragonborn. Skilled as he may be, he is but one man, and the efforts of many more than that have fallen short."

The dragonborn himself approaches, so Sabra turns with a polite smile that doesn't entirely conceal a spot of annoyance. She didn't actually recall formally accepting his offer. "Your friends speak well of you, Kio Drumnir. If you wish to accompany us, I will not turn you aside. We have stayed here for a few days, and will likely remain another night. It hardly makes sense to leave in the middle of the afternoon, after so much daylight wasted." she replies, with the last directed rather more towards Sadira than Kio. "In the morning, we depart towards Fent. Travel by ship will be the fastest way to return to Dagain's Breach."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Oooh! Do we have a ship now!? They're fun! Well when they're not the bad kind." Allietta exclaims, overhearing this as she too comes over and basically makes the little spot where everyone is gathered crowded.

7. - Top - End - #37

Kobold

Kio beams a bright, toothy smile at the mention of his friends, which fades to a more reasonable expression as she continues speaking.

"Thank you Lady Lang. My father told me such stories of the Lang family and Dagain's Breach. I am honored to have this chance to assist you, in any way I can."

The truth was, as soon as he had seen the parchment with her name, he had known that he was going to try to follow her. He could not in good conscience turn away from this mission. However, it still meant the world to him for her to actually speak the words, and accept him as a true ally (even reluctantly)

Kio glanced about at the group sitting (and standing) around the little table. So, these were to be his allies in the coming days? He sent a silent prayer to Bahamut right then and there asking his blessing over the ragtag group, and promising to do his utmost to keep them safe from the dangers that were sure to come.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-22 at 02:58 AM.
    - Kio

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    "Oooh! Do we have a ship now!? They're fun! Well when they're not the bad kind." Allietta exclaims, overhearing this as she too comes over and basically makes the little spot where everyone is gathered crowded.
    Cal watches Allietta intently as she comes to the table and asserts herself into the group. Looking from her to Sabra he finally has to speak, "You are hiring children now, M'lady? I had first thought her merely enthusiastic much like Kio, but that is youth..." His gaze lingers on Sabra for several moments awaiting her answer. She'll get them killed, all of them! the Hunter screamed in his head.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"No, I'm Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer." Allietta says, once again in a manner that makes it seem like she's expecting name recognition. After a pause she grins and says, "But thank you for the compliment." Clearly amused that she just played with the expectation of her companions that she'd misunderstand basically everything.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal shakes his head at the tieflings response, "Indeed you are, Lotha Uss, but The Hunter may be right about you." Excusing himself from the table he gets up, dropping a gold coin for his drink. "I will return here in the morning, M'Lady. If you will have me."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-22 at 01:11 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Cal watches Allietta intently as she comes to the table and asserts herself into the group. Looking from her to Sabra he finally has to speak, "You are hiring children now, M'lady? I had first thought her merely enthusiastic much like Kio, but that is youth..." His gaze lingers on Sabra for several moments awaiting her answer. She'll get them killed, all of them! the Hunter screamed in his head.
    ''Another of Sadira's friends. As I understand it, she is stranded far from home," Sabra says. She rests her head on one hand, feeling the beginnings of a headache coming on. "I have hired neither of them, strictly speaking. Sadira chose to accompany me of her own volition. Alletia, we don't have a ship yet. We'll have to charter one when we arrive in Fent."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta watches Cal go in confusion. She turns back to the others and says, "That guy sure says some weird stuff."

At Sabra's response she sighs and says, "That's disappointing." Then gets closer and makes direct eye contact with Sabra and says, "I am disappointed. We need to get our own ship some day when we can. I'm sure it will be lots of fun."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

After the introductions and meetings go on for a bit, and no other bites come from any other adventurers, the pub starts to crawl to a close. Most patrons have left, and there are a few of the town drunks left or adventurers that have passed out on the bar or at a table. You all leave and go to where ever it is you are staying, some at the Prancing Pony, other elsewhere in the town or outlying forest.

You get up and do your daily, morning rituals, whatever they may be. You slowly, or quickly, get back to the Inn at the Prancing Pony. Allietta is there, waiting with the large goliath behind her, making sure no one starts anything. Not that it looks like anyone is going to, the only awake people in the pub are you all and the staff. There are a few drunks still passed out at tables and on the floor, but you do smell some breakfast food cooking in the kitchen. The server bring you breakfast, if you decide to order it.

The day is early, and you have a long way to travel.

Spoiler: OOC All
    Show
    If you'd like to do anything before you leave, now is the time. I'll throw another post up later moving the game along, giving you all time to post if you'd like to. If you haven't posted by then, you can always make a spoiler in your post saying what you did before getting on the road.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal arrives early as well, outfitted for travelling light and fast. Nodding in an almost bow to the Lady Lang, "Good morning M'lady and well met Zugg, Lotha Uss (the latter towards Allietta). I realized on my way here we never confirmed if you wished my accompaniment on this venture or not."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2017-04-25 at 01:50 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta looks up from her breakfast* at Cal's entrance. Allietta gives Cal a nod at the greeting and wonders why he keeps calling her that strange thing that isn't her name. Having had that thought, she then remembers her food and goes back to eating.

*Sausage, eggs, bread, two different kinds of fruit (I'm not sure what would be local), and milk.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-04-25 at 03:58 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Kobold

Kio walks inside trailing Cal. His bard's garb is prim and clean, and the leather armor he wears blends subtly with the uniform. Everything is sleek and close, nothing dangling or clanking. Even the showy shoulder-cape (Which seems more for fashion than function) seems trim and clean, and the rapier on Kio's belt hugs him crisply rather than dangling loose. The weapon Echo is completely covered in white cloth and tied neatly to Kio's back beneath his backpack. On top of Kio's head rests a hat adorned with a single poofy white feather.

That morning, Kio had risen early and meditated, praying to Bahamut and preparing his spells for the day. He'd looked over his sheet music for a minute before packing up for the journey, strapping on his gear, and catching up with Cal on his way out.

Spoiler: The Night Before
    Show
    Before heading off to bed, Kio casts "Mass Healing Word" "Phantasmal Force" and "Dissonant Whispers" Into Echo
    *Edit: Echo can only carry Bard Spells :3

Kio grins at everyone present. He seats himself beside Allietta "Good morning Alli! What have you got to eat there?" He leans over it and takes in a deep breath "Mmmmmm~~ It smells lovely!" He called for his own meal from the servers, who promptly brought it. "How did you sleep?" He asks before digging in.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-25 at 03:49 PM.
    - Kio

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Good stuff!" Allietta replies to the first question. To the second she says, "Oh. The normal way. By closing my eyes and lying down." There is absolutely at least a little bit of sassing in that reply as her slightly crooked smile confirms.

18. - Top - End - #48

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    "Oh. The normal way. By closing my eyes and lying down." There is absolutely at least a little bit of sassing in that reply as her slightly crooked smile confirms.
    "Oh really?" Kio says through a mouthful of food, feigning shock "What a coincidence! I did it that way too! We're two peas in a pod, you and I~" He teased, munching away.
    - Kio

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra wakes early, but takes the time to pray before she descends to meet with the others. She kneels, facing the east, and asks Pelor silently to look upon her followers and family with kindness, and guide her to the end of her journey. The ritual of prayer soothes her.

By the time Sabra walks downstairs and calls for her meal, most of the group is there already. She looks softer and more approachable than she did yesterday, in practical traveling clothes instead of polished plate. Only her demeanor and the signet ring she wears betray her bloodline.

"Your company would of course be welcome. Cal." She still wants to default to titles, but he seemed to have shed his a long time ago.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After sleeping and eating, Zugg readies himself to depart. The warrior Goliath is not much for socializing, only giving the not-so-puny one a curt nod after he greets Zugg. Zugg smash, not indulge in idle chitchat!
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

21. - Top - End - #51

Sadira shows up a bit later than expected for breakfast, coming from the direction of the stables where she was obviously tending her horse. She greets everyone with a friendly "Hello". She wears functional studded leather armor under exotic yellow travelling silks which catch the breeze. Both of her snakes are twined about her (a smaller one about her arm, and a longer one coiled about her shoulders and torso. They seem to sinuously slither to match her movements almost as they were simply another piece of clothing. Sadira is armed with an ornate rapier, that by rights should be gaudy as all heck but somehow still manages to look deadly and functional, and a pair of daggers (one at her waist and one in her boot). A battered, hooded, lantern is attached to her belt, and she has a light leather pack that can be easily thrown over her shoulder.

She has a light breakfast of milk and fruit, and orders a hand keg of dwarven ale to bring with her for the trip since she can pack it on her horse, along with some bread and cheese to make lunch from later in the day's travels.

Noticing everyone is either quiet or involved in their own conversations Sadira chats with her snakes (beast speech) to calm them for the coming journey. Those who know Sadira are doubtlessly quite aware that she can talk to animals and that her snakes names are Crusher (the big one) and Precious (the small one), her Warhorse is called Stormcloud, Stormcloud is doubtlessly being prepped for departure as she eats.

Spoiler: minor detail for Irish
    Show
    Sadira is purchasing 1 gallon of ale, a load of bread, and some cheese (3 silver pieces, 2cps total) outside of her lifestyle costs which I assume had been covering food and lodging so far that gives her some ale to chug on later and a day's worth of perishable food to eat so she won't have to go into her more expensive trail rations as quickly.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-25 at 11:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

You finish getting your morning prepared, and set off for travel soon after. You leave the city, guards at the entrance watching you as you leave to make sure that you don't make any trouble as you do leave. Damned adventurers....

The journey to Fent is a longer one, nearing on 10 days if conditions are right and you don't run into any goblins or other various creatures. You all quickly get your rhythms synced with one another and the travel starts to go much smoother. The first few days pass fairly uneventfully and quickly, as the group keeps a good travel pace and makes excellent time, starting your forth day almost a day a head of schedule, by Allietta's calculations. The weather is nice, a bit warm in the day but feels wonderful if you are in the shade. The night are just barely chilly and brisk, but the fire and your bedrolls keep you more than warm enough.

When the sun peaks above your head on the fourth day, to the south-west you see great billows of smoke rising up from the earth into the sky.

Spoiler: Perception 15
    Show
    You can tell that this type of smoke definitely means fire, a fairly large one.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #53

Kobold

Spoiler: Perception Check
    Show
    (1d20+4)[16]

Kio keeps pace with the group, unpacking Echo and playing a gentle song every night around the campfire to help the group rest. Though they were traveling through territory that was relatively safe, he still kept his songs light and quiet. No need to draw more attention than necessary. In the mornings, Kio rose before the sun, praying to Bahamut in the cool twilight. Then he would play another soft song on Echo as the group awoke, granting them a tiny, subtle magic that lifted their spirits, and took the soreness of travel from their muscles before they set out once more.

Today, as Kio is getting into the rhythm of the hike, he absently hums the beginnings of a new tune he is trying to compose. The first line of it had occurred to him while he was praying that morning, and he had been slowly developing the idea into more of a song in his head. The twittering of a bird catches his attention, and he lookes up to try and spot it... He gives a start as he notices the billowing smoke ahead. It takes him a long moment to connect the dots, but realization rolls over him, and he whispers... "A... A fire..."

He glances around to see if anyone else has noticed it too.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-04-27 at 12:38 PM.
    - Kio

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Passive makes the cut.

Cal nods as Kio's gaze slides past him. "It's a big one too, not sure we can affect it but we should probably go take a look."
    I like the globe warm...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Show

(1d20+5)[13]

Edit: When asked for a Perception check like that are we allowed to just use our passive?

When Kio plays music, Allietta will attempt to join in with her Lyre if he'll allow. If not, or if it seems like they'd need more work to play something together that didn't clash, she'll play a few times on her own when Kio isn't.

When the smoke is pointed out Allietta says, "Huh. I'll fly up higher to see if I can see what's going on." And having said so, she immediately does. Whoosh!
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2017-04-27 at 01:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (d20+6)[26]

Zugg sees everything perfectly, and detects the 🔥 even before the the others point it out. However, Zugg was hired to protect Lady Sabra. Playing firefighter is not part of his job description. And at any rate, a fire is not something Zugg can smash with his muscles.

So, Zugg merely looks at the lady with a quizzical look. WHAT WE DO?
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-04-27 at 06:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

Spoiler: perception
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24] ... I'll bet I wish I had that nat 20 later

Spoiler: comments
    Show
    Noted on the journey's length. Sadira has 10 days rations plus the lunch she packed so should be left with 1 days rations when we arrive at Fent

Sadira is moving along at a slow trot on Stormcloud singing along with Kio's music as the group travels when she notices the fire " We should investigate and see what we can do. Left on it's own it could spread and inflict a lot of destruction to the area, and that's assuming it's not a bunch of raiders trying to sack a farm or something like that, in which case we should see if we can provide a rescue" She begins to add " "We should be careful and approach as a group in case it is raiders or something" when Allietta takes off causing Sadira to let out a concerned sigh before realizing Alietta is just gaining height and not flying directly off towards the fire.
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-27 at 07:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Show
    Passive makes the cut.

Cal nods as Kio's gaze slides past him. "It's a big one too, not sure we can affect it but we should probably go take a look."
    "Well I can mold earth which allows me to move the ground around to an extent, I could use that to cover a fire in dirt and sand and stop it that way, a big fire could take me a little while especially if it's spreading. I recommend proceeding with caution in case the fire was set intentionally and whoever did it is still around. Perhaps I'm being a bit morbid but I'm half expecting to find some Goblins or Raiders terrorizing a farm or something"
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-04-27 at 07:37 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

As the party gathers to leave, Sabra casts a spell in the stable. Mist condenses in the air around her, forming a pale-golden mare with a white mane. "Welcome back, girl," she says, in soft, lyrical, Celestial. In her head, a haughty voice replies. "Time to go? Good."

Sabra pulls up short when she sees the smoke, frowning at the horizon. "If you have something you can do, Sadira, we should intervene."
    Last edited by Ajadea; 2017-04-28 at 06:49 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Quote Originally Posted by Ajadea View Post

As the party gathers to leave, Sabra casts a spell in the stable. Mist condenses in the air around her, forming a pale-golden mare with a white mane. "Welcome back, girl," she says, in soft, lyrical, Celestial. In her head, a haughty voice replies. "Time to go? Good."

Sabra pulls up short when she sees the smoke, frowning at the horizon. "If you have something you can do, Sadira, we should intervene."
    Sadira nods "We should wait and see if Allietta spots anything from up high though. I should be able to handle a fire, but we need to be cautious in case there is someone around there that set the fire."