New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Chosen Heroes IC

As Kio's healing magics wash over the villagers, they start to regain consciousness, as does the goblin. The villagers' eyes open wide and seem scared at first, but then calm quickly down as they see that they aren't surrounded by fire.

The goblin, on the other hand, wakes up and starts thrashing around wildly, trying to pry himself out of Zugg's hands. He starts talking loudly in a language nobody understand as he tries to escape. Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for you all, the goblin is way too tired to actually get out of Zugg's grasp.

Spoiler
    Show
    I was going to make Zugg roll for a grapple.....but based on the goblin's roll, there's no need lol
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg's eyes narrow into slits when Kio speaks up. He knew that voice - it's been reverberating around his head ever since it insulted the name of his clan. There will be a reckoning; perhaps after the goblin is well and taken care of.

SQUIRM AND ZUGG BREAK FOOT. YOU NO NEED FOOT TO LIVE. NOW, YOU ANSWER QUESTIONS!
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"There is a village to the north and west of here and one to the south and east, though I do not recall which one is closer. Perhaps the villagers could advise us." Cal watches back the way they came in case any goblin scouts were out ahead of the horde.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kobold

Kio raises his hands non-threateningly, to show the villagers that he is unarmed. "It's all right. You're far from danger now, we won't hurt you. I am Kio, and this is Sabra. That's Cal, and that's Allietta, Sadria, and Zugg." He gestures to the respective name-owners.

"What are your names?" Kio asks calmly.
    "I liked the Dragonborn before it was cool"
    - Kio

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer
    Tiefling Mystic (Nomad)/Fighter (Sharpshooter) from the Upperlight
    Psionic Focus: Mastery of Wood and Earth
    Concentrating on: --

Allietta gets up and comes over, introducing herself even though Kio just did. "Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer" she says, a bit like she's correcting Kio and as before also inexplicably proudly or at least dramatically about it.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

The goblin keeps reeling and chattering, not even paying attention to Zugg's words. You aren't sure if he doesn't understand or is just ignoring him, but the goblin just keeps chattering and trying to get free.

The humans, one man and one woman, are still a little freaked out about a goblin being so near them. Their eyes stay on the goblin as the man answers, "I am Johnathan, this is Martha." They don't take their eyes off of the goblin.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra's mouth twists into a frown as she looks at the goblin. "That is... vulgar," she says, almost as to admonish it. "Do you understand me?" she asks, in Dwarven.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg scowls as the goblin continues chattering. Deciding that actions speak louder than words, the Goliath takes one of the creature's fingers and starts to hyperextend it.
    Now Playing

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sadira says to Jonathan and Martha "My name is Sadira, and your safe now. Do you have any kin we could deliver you to?"

To the Goblin Sadira says in Orcish "Can you understand me?"
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-07-26 at 08:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Kobold

Kio follows the eyes of the villiagers, and glances back at Zugg. He notices what Zugg is doing. Kio hums a little tune, whispers a few words in draconic, and with a flick of his wrist, magic flies out from his fingertips and weaves itself into a large, full, billowing bush, five feet tall and five feet wide.

He positions the bush just in between the two villiagers and the goblin, cutting off their line of sight. Kio adds some blooming flowers to the bush, to make it easier on the eyes. He does this, to hopefully allow the villagers' to divert their attention towards Alli and Sadria.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Kio casts Minor Illusion to create the bush. He makes sure it's full enough to completely block line of sight.

Kio realizes that this may not be the best place to talk. "Hello Johnathan. Hello Martha. Say, both of you, there is soooooo much to talk about, and I must ask you some rather important questions. Why don't you both come take a short walk with Alli and I?"

Spoiler: Persuasion Check
    Show
    (1d20+10)[18]

If they agree to come along, Kio helps them up, motions to Allietta to tag along, and begins to lead the two villiagers off into the forest for a short walk, and a nice little chat (far from screaming goblins) about the surrounding towns.
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-07-27 at 12:06 AM.
    - Kio

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

The goblin seems to pay no mind to Sabra, as Zugg is bend its finger back almost past the point of breaking, but also it does not seem to recognize the dwarven coming from her. Its ears do perk up when Sadira speaks some orc, but it is too busy biting Zugg's hands to try and stop him from breaking its fingers to bother with talking.

The villagers' eyes get a little wide as Kio weaves his magics, but they do seem a little more at ease when the goblin is out of sight. They nods and agree to walk with Kio and Allietta, standing up and walking with the pair.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

His exasperation with the goblin's futile efforts increasing by the minute, the Goliath eases up on his ministrations on the goblin's finger but grips its wrist hard enough to get its attention. If the goblin refuses to look at him, Zugg grabs its head and twists it so they see eye to eye.

Without a word, the Goliath first brings up his free hand to his own mouth and pantomimes biting it. Then, the hand balls to a fist, and he mimes smashing his own face with his fist. Then, the fist unclenches, and Zugg points a finger to his other hand, and then at the goblin's mouth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidation: (d20+1)[19]

If Zugg is threatening bodily harm, may he use his Strength modifier instead of Charisma when making intimidation checks? If allowed, then the STR mod with proficiency is +9.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2017-07-28 at 10:03 PM.
    Now Playing

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

The realization of what Zugg is miming finally starts to sink in, and the goblin looks around him. Enemies everywhere. He then finally calms down and while keeping a side eye on Zugg, turns his head to Sadira, "Rak grxist frc gand nrag jist plok graggle", spitting out the same guttural tongue she used with him.

Spoiler: Only if you understand Orc
    Show
    "I understand you fine, half-breed."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

14. - Top - End - #164

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Musician View Post
    The realization of what Zugg is miming finally starts to sink in, and the goblin looks around him. Enemies everywhere. He then finally calms down and while keeping a side eye on Zugg, turns his head to Sadira, "Rak grxist frc gand nrag jist plok graggle", spitting out the same guttural tongue she used with him.

Spoiler: Only if you understand Orc
    Show
    "I understand you fine, half-breed."

Sadira responds cooly in Orcish

"Why did you burn that village? The people there seemed defenseless.
    Did they do something to offend your tribe?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Unable to understand anything, Zugg passes custody of the goblin to Lady Sabra, and sits at a distance away, scanning the horizon for any threats to the party.
    Now Playing

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Zugg holds the goblin as Sadira ties it up, taking possession of the small, green thing. It then responds to her, "Fizx brul czid driv grangkl qwrt plix mkug."

Spoiler: Orcish
    Show
    "Do what I'm told. Told to attack, so attack."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal watches the exchange with the goblin and Sadira a bit before asking her, "Lady Sadira, if you would be so kind as to translate for us?"
    I like the globe warm...

18. - Top - End - #168

Kobold

Default A short distance into the forest...

Kio was glad when they were a good enough distance from the group to not have to worry about the goblin anymore (and not just for the sake of the villagers). He took a deep breath, trying to push down any unsteadiness or pain still lingering in his chest. His heart was still racing. The image of the goblin mob pouring over the buildings, the sounds of their cackling, and the flames... This place, what had just happened... It was too close to...

He pushed the image out of his head. Now was not the time. He looked over at the villagers. He knew what they would feel. He knew the chewing, gnawing emptiness of knowing your home is gone. The place where you spent all your childhood years, the roof that you worked so hard to maintain, the voices of people cheering and teasing you.... Gone forever. He wondered if it was setting in yet, or if the shock was still keeping everything dull and fuzzy. It hadn't quite hit Kio full force until three days after he had left his own razed hometown of Fent. He had bit into a trail ration that his dwarf friend had brought, and Kio had thought to himself
    These trail rations are gross. I can't wait until i can finally eat Miss Pennel's fresh baked bread agai-
    Thats when the dull, hammering pain had become a sharp, cutting pain, returning to torture him almost worse than the event itself.
    Miss Pennel was gone.
    The bakery was gone.
    Kio wouldn't taste Miss Pennel's bread again.
    Things were different now.

Kio shakes his head a tiny bit, trying to clear it, and making sure not to stare at the villagers.
    Not now. Focus! This is important!

"Johnathan, Martha. I need to know a few important things. Firstly, I need to know the name of your town. Secondly, I need to know the name and direction of the closest town over, so that we can get you there safely. Thirdly, I need to know if you've ever heard of something like this happening before. Even if it's only happened far away, I need to know where these goblins came from. Do they have some sort of a den, or pit, or origin of any nature? It's all right if you don't know."
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-08-01 at 12:55 PM.
    - Kio

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Johnathan and Martha still seemed fairly shaken, but something about Kio put them at ease as he talked. Johnathan, who seemed to be maybe mid-twenties, answered first, "Our town really didn't have much of a name, it was just home. I came here a couple of years ago with......" he paused and his head sunk as he put his hand to his face, sliding it down past his jawline and back off his face. He seemed to be trying to compose himself. When he spoke again, his voice cracked and there were fairly obvious tears in his eyes, "......with my wife, Karen. We were just living, starting to build a family together. There's, uh, a small village up north and west a bit. There's a larger town south and east, and it's a little closer than the other village. It's name is.....umm...... Martha, do you remember its name?"

The woman spoke up, who looked to be more in her late 30's or early 40's. She spoke as if her mind seemed far away, "I....ummm.....I can't recall right now. Jaynsford? Jinsford? Something....something like that. It has been some time since I've been there. I've only been here about 6 months or so........" Martha's mind seems to wander off into the distance, getting lost in some far world.

Johnathan spoke up again, seeming to be a bit more composed, "Goblins. Umm....yeah. There are some bands in the area that bother the towns and villages from time to time. We can usually fight them off with minimal casualties. But this.........we've not seen an attack like this.........." His eyes seem to glaze over a bit as well, and he stares into the distance as if he, too, is off on some distance land.....or battlefield......

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Sadira's words get through to the goblin, at least. Sabra nods. "I can understand it, though I cannot respond," she tells the rest of the group, tapping the thin circlet she wears. "The magic on this only goes so far. The goblin was apparently commanded to attack the village. Sadira, could you ask the goblin who commanded it? And whether there are more hordes besides the one we fought?"

21. - Top - End - #171

Sadira will translate for the Goblin in the conversation so far. Saying "The goblin claims to have just been following orders" to begin with

Sadira (translating as things go on) will ask "Who is the leader of your horde? Also I figure a smart goblin like you must have some idea why this horde was formed. Are there any more hordes like this one roaming the forest?"

(1d20+11)[23] (Persuasion attempt through flattery by praising the goblin's intelligence)
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-08-03 at 07:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

The Goblin eyes Sadira suspiciously, looking her over and thinking about.....something. It seems to finally decide something. "Brak dent frnt grum frax crax surlix blaccak kram drang lind wrax qint gluurg jammanx pragin guur drigaon jim."

Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    "No other force like ours, ever. We the bestest, the greatest. We no will lose."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #173

Kobold

Kio nods understandingly. "Jaynsford, to the south-east. That's wonderful, both of you, thank you. Then we'll be heading there first. We'll drop you off and warn the authorities, and you will both be safe."
    Kio notices a small area of the forest that is well-lit and pleasant. He hops up onto a large rock and has a seat. He takes Echo off of his back and brushes off a bit of char from the sheet that was burned away by the fireball. He tells the villagers that he would like to play them a song, and proceeds.

Spoiler: Performance Check
    Show
    (1d20+7)[23]

He laces the song with both pain and hope. He keeps playing for quite some time, the tone of the song shifting from pain and loss to healing and bravery, rocking back and forth through emotions and guiding the villagers gently through grief and subtly towards healing. This is not a process that can possibly be completed in a half an hour, but Kio hopes the song will remain with them in the weeks and months to come. After a while, he finishes, and begins leading the two back towards the others.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    - Kio keeps the villagers occupied in the woods for a while
    - Kio will rejoin the group with the villagers after all goblin-discussion is finished
    Last edited by Kio; 2017-08-07 at 11:47 AM.
    - Kio

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Allietta of Cirrus Dawn in Summer
    Tiefling Mystic (Nomad)/Fighter (Sharpshooter) from the Upperlight
    Psionic Focus: Mastery of Wood and Earth
    Concentrating on: --

Allietta enjoys the song, swaying back and forth to it with her tail swishing about.

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Musician View Post
    The Goblin eyes Sadira suspiciously, looking her over and thinking about.....something. It seems to finally decide something. "Brak dent frnt grum frax crax surlix blaccak kram drang lind wrax qint gluurg jammanx pragin guur drigaon jim."

Spoiler: Goblin
    Show
    "No other force like ours, ever. We the bestest, the greatest. We no will lose."
    (if she can understand this, I'm assuming the conversation is still in Orcish) Sadira continues in Orcish
    "... and who is the mighty Warlord who assembled this incredible fighting force? Surely he must be quite fearsome."
    Last edited by Therumancer; 2017-08-07 at 10:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Yes, sorry. It is still in Orcish

The goblin shoots Sadira a look and narrows its eyes. "Brak crun griv crax drix frunt brust ernit dweleta."

Spoiler: Orcish
    Show
    "You find out soon, owlbear fodder."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cal snorts as the conversation is relayed and translated. Stepping forward and drawing one of his weapons he looks at the goblin coldly, "Bah! This creature is not going to give us any information we can use or even act upon. I say let me kill it and be done with it. We can take the villagers to the nearest village and spread word that way."

His grip tightens on the blade as he watches the creature.
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #178

Sadira says to Cal "While I'd love to slash it's throat, technically the goblin is our prisoner. We might leave him tied to a tree for others to find or something, but I'm not sure if we should execute him."

Sadira addresses the Goblin again in Orcish assuming it can't understand what she just said to Cal "You might want to be more cooperative, I'm a nice girl. Cal and Zugg on the other hand are who you'll have to deal with if you don't answer my questions. I'm sure your aware of the reputation of dark elves

Intimidation attempt

(1d20+7)[23]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zugg shoots the goblin a look, and points first to his fist and then at the goblin's face. He doesn't know what they are talking about, but he knows the undertones of a threat when he hears it in any language.

Aid Intimidation: (1d20)[6]. If successful, grant advantage to Sadira.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Sabra folds her arms as she listens to the goblin's crude words. "If it gives us no more useful information, you have my leave to execute it. We know at least that this is an organized band, preying on settlements. It behooves us to deliver this news as quickly as possible to others."