Quote Originally Posted by Malachite View Post
    I make it something like this (exact individual may vary):

Spearman 1 Colin killed R2
    Spearman 2 Colin + reptile damaged R1, Colin killed R2
    Spearman 3 Richard damaged R1, Richard killed R2
    Spearman 4 Tobias knocked unconscious R2
    Spearman 5 still active and at full health
    Spearman 6 Eris killed R1

Alternatively, Spearman 3 and 5 are both active but damaged. Richard was "targeting one of the entangled foes this time" - "this time" implies a different target (meaning we end up with two wounded survivors), but his original foe has now been entangled so it makes sense he may want to finish him off.
    Let's go with Richard killing S3. The less foes, the better, and it leaves 5 as a nice undamaged prisoner.
    Gold: the color of lawful neutrality.

Have you had enough of unreasonably high LA's and unplayable monsters in 3.5? Then check out the LA-assignment thread! Don't hesitate to give feedback!

Extended signature!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: No Longer in Kansas - OOC

Spearman 4 is also a prisoner sleeping off his non-lethal damage at Tobias' feet.

PeacefulOak, any ruling on your understanding of the Monstrous Rage feature? It could become very important following the next round.
    A one worm armoury. Proficient with none of it.

Lorr Cordasco, Telepath, Lost and Gone Forever

GiTP Murder game

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Spearman 4 is also a prisoner sleeping off his non-lethal damage at Tobias' feet.

PeacefulOak, any ruling on your understanding of the Monstrous Rage feature? It could become very important following the next round.
    You guys nailed what I had in my head for the status. Just waiting on Eris before the baddies go.

Malachite: When you rage as a Teramach, the world becomes black, white, and grey. White (non-enemies) are your allies or those you do not consider threats or enemies at the time you rage. Black is EVERYONE ELSE, particularly those who you consider as enemies at the time you rage. Grey is everyTHING else, such as rocks, trees, inanimate objects, and are considered tools to be used for the removal of Black.

The "it hit me, it turns Black" mechanic is a modification to your rage, not the definition of it.

In a more Narrative sense, when you rage you unleash the Monster within you, directed at those you wish to destroy. Should an ally or neutral party strike you while the Monster is in control, the Monster will react as the Monster does.... with extraordinary violence.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:
    No Longer in Kansas (3.5, Mythos): IC OOC
    Hell's Rebels (Pathfinder): IC OOC
    Survivng the Corruption (3.5): IC OOC

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. Tobias is double-moving next round.
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2017-06-05 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    This is a forum where you ask "How do you get an ability score to 34?" and get answers that proceed to "You should convert all of history into omnipotent hiveminded clones of yourself. How to do this should be fairly obvious."

5. - Top - End - #155

In which case, I suggest we leave Spearman 5 to Colin to buy time for Tobias to move Spearman 4 a little way away...

I will definitely be careful about how long I trigger rages forin the future - thankfully I specificed the minimum duration this time!

GiTP Murder game

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hi guys! Sorry for my lack of posting the last few days, I've had a really hectic weekend as my dad turned 70 and at work I'm heavily involved in a major business change so I've had a 12 hour workday so far. Posting this while waiting for the CEO to join the next meeting.

@Oak: Free to have Eris blast any remaining baddie in order to move things along!

Tomorrow's a holiday here so I think I'll have a few hours free then for posting, but I totally understand if you don't want to wait.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fire_insideout View Post
    Hi guys! Sorry for my lack of posting the last few days, I've had a really hectic weekend as my dad turned 70 and at work I'm heavily involved in a major business change so I've had a 12 hour workday so far. Posting this while waiting for the CEO to join the next meeting.

@Oak: Free to have Eris blast any remaining baddie in order to move things along!

Tomorrow's a holiday here so I think I'll have a few hours free then for posting, but I totally understand if you don't want to wait.
    No worries, thanks for touching base.

I'm fine with a one-day delay before moving forward, this is likely to be the last round of combat before we wait out Collin's rage. ;)

BTW, the image I have in my mind is Baymax in Big Hero 6 when Hiro orders him to kill the Kabuki mask guy.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by PeacefulOak View Post
    the image I have in my mind is Baymax in Big Hero 6 when Hiro orders him to kill the Kabuki mask guy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wuGnURMHto
    Seems appropriate to me!

To clarify, is a grapple or trip considered a strike for purposes of switching someone from the White to Black category?

GiTP Murder game

9. - Top - End - #159

Round three attack rolls:

Spoiler
    Show

To Hit: (1d20+3)[6] (if needed to confirm: (1d20+3)[4]), Damage: (1d3+6)[7]
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[21] (if needed to confirm: (1d20+3)[10]), Damage: (1d3+6)[7] (realised this spearman is probably too far away for me to step close enough to get the second attack)
    Last edited by Malachite; 2017-06-07 at 04:42 PM.

GiTP Murder game

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

If everyone else is planning on letting Collin punch his rage out on the spearman, feel free to let me know and we can resolve this 1v1 between the spearman and Collin.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

11. - Top - End - #161

That miss wastes another round of rage. Here's hoping the spearman can't hit AC18, else the counter will reset to 5. Sorry guys, the difficulty of taking prisoners (or that we'd want to so soon) wasn['t one that immediately occured to me when I applied to this game. This is definitely one of the issues with having a Teramach in the party.

GiTP Murder game

12. - Top - End - #162

Actually, if you guys are going to leave Colin to finish off the last guy, I'll just make a bunch of rolls now and save us a bit of time. If at any point he's hit back, a second Rage counter (RWF) sets to 5 rounds, during which he gets a further +2 to hit, +3 to damage and AC21.

R4
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[23] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[4]). Damage: (1d3+6)[7] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[9])
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[13] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[23]). Damage: (1d3+6)[9] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[9])

R5
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[17] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[14]). Damage: (1d3+6)[9] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[7])
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[4] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[21]). Damage: (1d3+6)[7] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[9])

R6 (ACRR Rage counter resets to 5)
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[15] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[13]). Damage: (1d3+6)[7] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[7])
    To Hit: (1d20+3)[13] (to confirm: (1d20+3)[23]). Damage: (1d3+6)[9] (if crit, +(1d3+6)[7])
    (sufficient damage racked up by round 4 or 5)
    Last edited by Malachite; 2017-06-07 at 05:02 PM.

GiTP Murder game

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry guys, the difficulty of taking prisoners (or that we'd want to so soon) wasn't one that immediately occured to me when I applied to this game. This is definitely one of the issues with having a Teramach in the party.
    Conversely, it's one of the issues with having an Anakitos in the party. Although he doesn't have to be the party's Morality Babysitter™ like a Paladin might, he has to hold himself to his own high standard or else his Conviction Fetter breaks and we'd have two raging party members.

And while the system may have rules for nonlethal damage, it's not really one of 3.5e's core conceits. Were it not for Tobias, Colin's rage wouldn't be a problem [EDIT: at least in this instance].
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2017-06-07 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    This is a forum where you ask "How do you get an ability score to 34?" and get answers that proceed to "You should convert all of history into omnipotent hiveminded clones of yourself. How to do this should be fairly obvious."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Failed Phantasm View Post
    Were it not for Tobias, Colin's rage wouldn't be a problem [EDIT: at least in this instance].
    I don't know about that. It's true that Sarah won't risk her life to save that prisoner from Colin. But this incident is definitely going to affect her. One of her teammates has a compulsive need to murder anyone who angers him. That kind of revelation tends to leave a lasting impression.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Eris will probably let Colin and the spearman duke it out, death does not (always) take sides
    Geyr nú Garmr mjök
    fyr Gnipahelli,
    festr mun slitna
    en freki renna
    Now Garm howls loud
    before Gnipahellir
    The fetters will burst,
    and the wolf run free

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    I don't know about that. It's true that Sarah won't risk her life to save that prisoner from Colin. But this incident is definitely going to affect her. One of her teammates has a compulsive need to murder anyone who angers him. That kind of revelation tends to leave a lasting impression.
    A compulsive need to murder anyone who threatens him.

On a serious note, this sounds like it'll be an interesting campaign to play. The best ones are always those which look seriously at intraparty issues and learn to deal with them. That's not just one way - I'm going to find it interesting contrasting the normally-quite-amiable man he is most of the time with the problem he can become in the wrong situation. Like in this one, wherehe's simultaneously been very useful and a threat to the real goal of the encounter (that is, finding out what's going on).

For what it's worth, I'm now waiting for DM adjudication, and I'm guessing he's waiting for everyone else to weigh in on whether they're going to intervene or sit and watch.

GiTP Murder game

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

On a serious note, this sounds like it'll be an interesting campaign to play. The best ones are always those which look seriously at intraparty issues and learn to deal with them. That's not just one way - I'm going to find it interesting contrasting the normally-quite-amiable man he is most of the time with the problem he can become in the wrong situation. Like in this one, wherehe's simultaneously been very useful and a threat to the real goal of the encounter (that is, finding out what's going on).
    Must agree. I've not been this excited about a pbp game for a loooong time. The fact that we get a bunch of more-or-less average joes getting thrust into this world offers up possiblities for all kinds of fun.

So let's jsut recount, Colin is massive, looks like he should be dying from blood-loss, and is caving metal and skulls with his bare hands. Tobias is tony the tiger with a spear. Eris looks almost like a corpse. Sarah suddenly has elemental powers. Richard at least looks normal, minus the armor. And finally Julia, who seems almost like the odd girl out.

And with that seeming facade of normallity, I kinda wanna play up her... capabilities for all the mind-screwy potential I can reasonably get from it. which makes me think, what would be a good way to approach it it? Anyone wanna share some thoughts?

Currently I'm tempted to just make the whole collection of organs and bits to be this strange urge that somehow just checks out as "useful" by default in her head. And the she'd probably start to question that at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    Must agree. I've not been this excited about a pbp game for a loooong time. The fact that we get a bunch of more-or-less average joes getting thrust into this world offers up possiblities for all kinds of fun.
    Thirded. I like the fact that each character's abnormalities manifest in different ways. In these early stages, it's been easy to mistakenly think of some people as 'the normal ones': When in fact, the whole party are freaks. Some of them are just a bit subtler than others.

19. - Top - End - #169

It's an interesting point. Colin's put off processing Tobias's transformation for now, but he's probably also going to be equally shocked when he first sees Sarah use her powers, and freaked out both when he realises that Eris is literally partly dead and when he sees what Julia will get up to. Richard may, in fact, end up being the one he's least unnerved by (at least until he starts growing into a giant, armoured colossus!). We're definitely moving away from "normal people in a fantasy world" pretty much immediately!

As another note, he's currently just big - the muscles will have swelled to impressive, supreme bodybuilder levels, but he's not Hulk-sized yet. That comes when he gets access to his first Fantastic Mythos!

GiTP Murder game

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you all for your patience.

I narrated the end of the battle, at least with the spearmen. Congratulations on surviving your first battle unscathed!

Whether we continue in initiative order is up to the party, but you are currently not being actively threatened.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

PeacefulOak, question: if Julia were to remove the chestplate, could you give some idea on what hse might find inside?
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

I am loving this game.

That is all.

PS. Yes, there are guts. I'll update when a few more people post, probably.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    PeacefulOak, question: if Julia were to remove the chestplate, could you give some idea on what hse might find inside?

Humanoid corpse, slightly more slender and narrow-boned than you are used to seeing.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Humanoid corpse, slightly more slender and narrow-boned than you are used to seeing.
    No obvious signs of chafing or open sores induced by chafing from twhere the bloated flesh touched the armor?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope!

Weird, right? ;)
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I am loving this game.
    It's quite awesome!
    Geyr nú Garmr mjök
    fyr Gnipahelli,
    festr mun slitna
    en freki renna
    Now Garm howls loud
    before Gnipahellir
    The fetters will burst,
    and the wolf run free

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Sarah (Anyr), want to roll me a Diplomacy?

Related note, I will often ask you by character name rather than forum tag, even in the OOC thread.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Diplomacy: (1d20+4)[20]

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

so seeing how no one is posting, hopefully you folks won't mind if I do.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Sooo sorry guys, my girls had a huge party over the weekend and between that and work I had zero time to post. I'll have the results of that diplomacy up today.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running: