Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: No Longer in Kansas - Episode 1

Colin looks around at the others, then back at Richard in disbelief. The man had seemed, well, unshakeable, as though he were as solid as the metal armour that encased him. He was giving up on this, just like that? Well, that wouldn't be his path.

He looks Yolmar in the eye as Sarah and Julia reply, his gaze not wavering from the huge chief's face. He pauses for a moment as she finishes, then gives his own answer in way that is perhaps more unsettling for being utterly calm and matter-of-fact.

"I want to learn to unleash this strength inside me. I felt it burning in my chest, raging through my mind when we fought the queen's soldiers and, as much as it scared me then - and still does, I suppose - I want the power to tear down the walls of her throne room around her and bury her in the rubble. I have had it with people trying to put me below them. Never again."

He glances down at his hands, and the whiteness of his knuckles is the only thing which gives away the emotion surging within him. Outwardly, his face looks determined.

"You said we looked different in your vision. How so?" he asks.
    Last edited by Malachite; 2017-09-12 at 02:55 PM.
    A one worm armoury. Proficient with none of it.

Lorr Cordasco, Telepath, Lost and Gone Forever

GiTP Murder game

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Yolmar looks from Julia to Colin, then to Sarah and Eris. "You were yourselves, but more so. The fullness of what I witnessed might be unnerving to you, given your experiences here so far. Rest assured, Julia. You will certainly be of use to your new friends in the struggles that lie ahead of you. As for your question, Sarah... do you ask me for a quest? There are several that I could see having great merit for my people. Let me think on this. Perhaps I will have an answer for you in the morning."
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:
    No Longer in Kansas (3.5, Mythos): IC OOC
    Hell's Rebels (Pathfinder): IC OOC
    Survivng the Corruption (3.5): IC OOC

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Sarah cast a worried sidelong glance at Colin. Yep, she'd definitely keep her distance from that man. When they'd first met, he'd seemed like a potential friend. Now he seemed like her potential killer. If she wasn't in such desperate need of some muscle, she'd have already ditched him. At least this public place was probably safe. The many people nearby let Sarah focus most of her attention on Yolmar's words: Instead of the bloodthirsty maniac a few seats away.

A quest? Yolmar sounded like one of those NPCs from an online game. For all she knew, maybe he was.

"Thank you. I can't promise to be of much use to you. But I'll help as much as I'm able."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Julia turned her gaze away from Yolmar and to Colin, stopping to listen what he had to say. At first it seemed productive enough, but the other was no more than halfway through his answer when the doctor found herself having to control her expression a great deal, lest she give away the creeping sense of fear that came from what he said. That was a lot of repressed anger, something she imagined his... change didn't exactly contribute to in any positive manner.

But he looked determined. But towards what cause? She could only hope it was toward a cause that they could share, and not say, crushing the world under his foot into a wet stain. Realizing she might have just been staring, she pulled her gaze away, picking up her mug again and bringing it to her lips. She would have to be careful.

Next to speak was Yolmar once again. Shefound herself beginning to like the chieftain. His confidence in her capabilities wwhere she herself had none was... strangely comforting. Though even that sense of comfort was not without a certain unease. A quest certainly sounded like an interesting proposition, but all things considered, not necessarily one the doctor was completely against. That seemed to perk up Sarah slightly, an enthusiams Juli would find to be ever so slightly contaigous. "I appreciate your willingness to believe in my capabilities, Yolmar." She would say, nodding. For a moment Julia would pause before raising her gaze up from her mug to meet the eyes of the chieftain. "That said, learning what it is that I've hopefully become capable of would most likely be helpful" She'd continue, before pausing for another sip.

She was about to say something, but as she tilted her cup back down, she noticed how she only had a small drop of coffee left. Rather than set it down and let it cool, she would tilt her head back and pour down the last drops of warm drink, befoere setting down the cup with a content sigh. "On a tangentially related note, can I ask about the condition of our prisoner?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Yolmar chuckles. "The puppet is as well as could be expected. It is being kept unconscious, blind and deaf for the time being. You are welcome to see and interact with it if you should like, on the morrow. Once you are done with it... well. It is your prisoner, but the only safe choice we have is to kill it." The large green man sips his own coffee, covering the hint of a smile.
    My Homebrew (current):
    Mythos Class - Eoteras

Games I'm Running:
    No Longer in Kansas (3.5, Mythos): IC OOC
    Hell's Rebels (Pathfinder): IC OOC
    Survivng the Corruption (3.5): IC OOC