New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Defenders of Tomorrow IC

Slapdash stares at Suzie for a moment, at a loss. Then he sighs, absentmindedly rubbing his right arm. "Okay then, uh, new plan. There has to be at least one store open; I'll go grab some... candy... is there a, uh, a specific type of candy that I need to get?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception to find an open candy store (or just to look around): (1d20+20)[39]

Investigation, for the same (if needed): (1d20+11)[12]

----

Ten minutes later, Slapdash returns to the lab, laden with four bags full of candy. "I hope they'll, uh, be all right... Okay, here's some candy to tide you over, uh, for at least a little bit hopefully. Now, what should we... do?"
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2017-12-07 at 02:31 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

"Huh. That's Simon Hopper. He's supposed to be just a thug, not a super."

"And I'm pretty sure that one's Lionel Obsborn. Low-level drug dealer. They call him the 'Chef', but I've never heard him mentioned to have powers either."

...?

"...What? I pay attention to stuff!"

*Sigh*

"Oh you want a...he's Somedude McNobodycares, he has some sort of petty criminal record that's way below our pay grade, and he doesn't have any powers except the ones he clearly has. There. Pattern recognition for the win. Are we stopping them? I vote for stopping them!"

Caleb rolled his eyes, and Amy gave her sister an affectionate shake of her head. "Come on," she said, the three of them closing the rest of the distance with a flutter of their wings.

"Fellas," Nadia greeted them with a bemused cast to her voice.

"You just got these powers recently," Amy said. She didn't make it a question. Better to keep them off their guard. "Is this really how you want to use your new gifts? You could be helping people!"

"Or, you know, if that doesn't appeal to you, you could be also be making bank using your new powers to earn a living in one of the literally thousands of ways that's possible that doesn't involve getting carted off to a metahuman detention facility."

"Or that. Look, frankly, with this storm, we have more important things to do than fight you three. So we're offering you a chance here. Go home, or to a safe place if your homes are in the threatened area. Think about how you want to use your gifts. If you want advice, you can call us directly. We'll be happy to help you." Caleb silently stepped forward, holding three business cards out for them. "What do you say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+25)[43], reduce by 5 if Attractive doesn't apply.

Insight to evaluate their reaction, mainly trying to get a sense on if I'm on point in my initial assumptions (that they're basically just petty criminals who got some powers somehow and now feel like they're the biggest, baddest dudes on the block), but also to check if they're sincere if they agree: (1d20+15)[32].

Assessment vs. Simon: (1d20+15)[22].
    Assessment vs. Acid Mouth: (1d20+15)[27].
    Assessment vs. Lionel: (1d20+15)[29].
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-12-08 at 05:51 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

After devouring her way through a few bars she glances to buddy ball, halfway into her next bar.

BB, we've got something around here that can tell that, right? Or something we can finish off at least?

Before waiting for a response she latches herself onto Trevor in a big hug.

You're the best. I so owe you.
    Last edited by metakirb; 2017-12-08 at 05:31 AM.
    The attempted return!

Nexus Character: Ary

Quote Originally Posted by Bookboy View Post
    Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Here're a bunch of old avatars made for me
    Spoiler
    Show

Sig space limited so credits to the creators of my avatars

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

"See, now, if you idiots had left earlier when you were meant to then this wouldn't be a damn problem," Damian muttered to himself, up in the storm, before swooping down.

He'd had the forethought to already switch his nanite costume into its 'supersuit' mode, if for no other reason than the fact that his clothes blowing all over the place was irritating, so he didn't bother trying to hide as he hovered about ten feet off the ground, just between the lead cars and the tree, shrugging his shoulders as tentacles stretched out from his back and wrapped around the fallen tree to lift it off the ground. "Now, if y'all wouldn't mind not getting pissed at each other and getting out of the damn storm instead, that'd be great!" he called out, watching the assembled populace carefully in case anyone decided that continuing their argument took priority over fleeing the city.

Show
    I'll shift around Variable points as needed to get more Strength, Elongation or Extra Limbs if necessary to get the tree out of the way.

Also switching one point of Flight and the spare point that I never used into Hearing Counters Concealment [Overlapping Sounds] because that would probably be useful in a storm, since those tend to be loud.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Out in the Storm!

The three ne'er-do-wells listened to Amy and Nadia make their pitch with slightly surprised looks on their faces, this is clearly not how they thought this situation was going to play out, still when Caleb held out his business cards all three of them took one with a small nod.

"Uh thanks..." Lionel said, still a little disbelieving, before the three of them turned and fled in to the nearest alley to scatter back from wherever they came from (though they certainly weren't moving fast enough that the triplets couldn't catch up to them if they wanted).

Standing behind them Mystery watched the situation play out in front of her wearing the same kind of bemused look as the three criminals (not that you could behind her full face cowl), when they started to run she gave a single sad look to the staff in her hand and collapsed it back in to the pouch on her belt before approaching Trinity.

"Okay, first of all wow. Second, you guys have business cards?"

Show
    Your initial assumptions were dead on the money and whilst they may not be all fleeing for utterly altruistic reasons (after all you guys are some of the city's heavy hitters) you get the sense that they wont be causing any more trouble at least until the storm blows over. And who knows? You might have gotten through to Lionel.

Elsewhere in the Storm!

Whilst the tree might have proven an insurmountable obstacle for the motorists trapped behind it, that wasn't the case for Damian and his tentacles quickly moved the offending object safely to one side. With the path now clearly the angry motorists wisely that following Damian's advice was the best course of action and the street quickly started empty again.

Empty that is except for a pair of kids dressed in several layers of dirty clothes standing on the pavement and watching him with wide eyes, neither of them could be older than 10.

"He's one of them..." One of the boys mumbled to the other, his quiet voice being carried over the storm to Damian's augmented hearing.

Beach House

"Thank you Mister Slapdash, I would have gone but that store only has a pull door =D"

Buddy Ball's screen went blank for a second as he searched his memory banks for anything that might help, when it lit up again...things didn't look good.

"Was I supposed to be keep track of that? I needed space for those shows you wanted in HD =/"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Slapdash stands still in surprise as Suzie hugs him, wishing that he had thought to take off his scrap-metal armor when he came in the door. That can't be comfortable... "Uh... no problem..." he mutters finally as soon as she lets him go.

At Buddy Ball's words, Slapdash suppresses a sigh, wrenching himself back to reality. "Okay then. I'm, um, not really getting any inspiration, so... I guess we should look around? Whatever's affecting the storm probably has to be, uh, right near the clouds... probably... so maybe we should go to the highest point in Tomorrow,
    and see if anything's... not right... there?"
    It sounds incredibly dumb to him when he spells it out like that, but it's the only idea Trevor has at the moment.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, hey!" Caleb intervened as they started heading off. "Real quick before you go, where'd you get your powers from, exactly? If there's some sort of empowering object or event going on in the city we need to know about it and check it out." Okay, sure, Caleb's thoughts were more going towards "if someone is giving petty criminals powers willy-nilly we should probably put a stop to that". But, you know, diplomacy, and stuff.

Nadia gave a big grin at Mystery's "wow", while Amy replied by giving one of her shy little smiles while looking down at the ground a bit. "'Course we do! Although come to think of it they're still the old ones. We should order some Defenders of Tomorrow branded cards for the team. Maybe we can mock those up once this storm is dealt with. Granted, from a brand-recognition standpoint, having business cards is basically pointless when you don't have proper costumes and codenames, but some people don't think those are necessary." It was her siblings. Her siblings didn't think they were necessary. I'm not sure that was clear.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-12-11 at 03:58 PM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

"Great," Damian muttered to himself. Dealing with little kids was really not in his forte. Nonetheless, he dropped back to the ground and left the traffic to do its thing, approaching the two boys and trying his best to look unintimidating, his assorted tendrils and wings retracting into his back leaving the only inhuman part of him his spiky, cat-like ears. (Of course, that didn't change the fact that they'd just seen him toss a tree around like it was a pillow, but, y'know, every little helps).

"You two oughta get out of the danger zone as well," he suggested, when he was close enough that he could call over the storm without shouting at the top of his lungs.

Show
    This is apparently the episode in which I roll many skills I have no ranks in.
    Persuasion to convince them to not, like, run away as soon as they see him approaching: (1d20-2)[12]

9. - Top - End - #249

Well I can probably draw up the plans for something in a couple minutes... Building it on the other hand might take a while...

She turns to Trevor with a big grin on her face

For me anyway. Think you can rig this thing together if i plan it out?
    The attempted return!

Well, I was counting on you for someone. If you don't have a spare character, I start to get worried.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Out in the Storm!

With Caleb intervening the crooks stopped in their tracks.

"How the hell should I know? I woke up like this!" Simon flexed his muscles but it didn't take much to realise that behind his bombast the petty crook was lying (you have several PLs on him and he has no Deception!) but almost as soon the lies left his lips Lionel's voice echoed through the angel's mind.

"It's too dangerous to talk now, please just let us go and I'll talk."

"No way!" Mystery was clearly aghast at Nadia's statement (Probably? full face cowl and all) "That's like half the fun! I know a killer tailor, I can hook you guys up! Hey you think I could get a business card printed on to my shurikens?" There were rumours that Mystery had joined up with the Futurist after her previous mentor had parted ways with taking their crusade on crime less than seriously, but those were clearly scuttlebutt.

Elsewhere in the Storm!

Damian may not have been the most personable of the Defenders (that was obviously Buddy Ball) but he was still a superhero and as their dirty clothes might suggest, the children were homeless, these two things together meant that the shapeshifter was something of a hero figure to them. Looking up at him they managed to pull themselves away from staring awestruck and quickly started to make themselves scarce.

Beach House

With Suzie's supercharged brain and Trevor's metahuman speed the two geniuses would be able to assemble themselves an enormous contraption of sensory equipment, blinking dials and a single rubix pyramid in no time at all, the perfect thing to detect whatever was influencing the weather to such an enormous degree!

And that's just what the device did, whatever was causing the disturbance was 10 miles out to sea...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

~That's fine, thank you,~ Caleb sent back, outwardly just nodding that they could go, as if accepting Simon's statement at face value (though he did mentally note how quickly that one had been willing to lie to his face).

"I know, right?" Nadia responded. "Telepathic bond or not, I swear, sometimes I just cannot understand what is going on in their heads. Business shuriken would be awesome! But as for actually doing it..."

"It's, um, probably doable," Amy chimed in quietly. "They're doing lots of stuff with 3-D printers nowadays. Also I told you I'm okay with costumes I just don't want to be going around in spandex..." Amy was a little modest.

"But the capes would interfere with our wings and the masks are silly because no secret identity so if we don't do the spandex it's like not even a costume at all!"

Caleb (who for his part found costumes and codenames gimmicky and kinda childish, although he knew better than to say that out loud in front of both Nadia and Mystery) tried to redirect the focus back to more important matters. "I think we're good here. We should move on."
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-12-19 at 05:06 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Ten miles out to sea... "I guess we're going to, uh, go flying," Trevor says offhandedly, looking over the wildly whirring machine. "Um..." it strikes him, again, that he has neglected to procure any reliable means of contacting the rest of his team.

"Could... could you call, uh, everyone, and let them know?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253

Suzie nods, grabbing buddy ball from his spot hovering above her and tinkering with the insides of a panel.

BB should be able to get in touch with the others. Where should we meet. Oh! Do you think it might be the dragons? You remember back when the invasion happened, the dragon territory was covered in a huge storm too! BB, Relay what we found out to everyone else and I guess we should meet at... the nearest port to the signal? I've gotta grab my stuff.

Without waiting for Buddy Ball to reply, she hurries off to gear up.

Spoiler: Suzie-Gear
    Show
    Freeze Ray:Array [34+2] (Easily Removable -14) [22]
    "Cryo Spray" Affliction 10 (Vulnerable/Defenseless/Paralysed)(Cumulative, Secondary Effect), Enhanced Trait 10 (Dazed/Stunned)(Limited Degree, Limited to Physical Actions) [30+4]
    [AE]"Icicle Shot" Ranged Damage 10 (Multiattack)(Improved Crit 4) [34]
    [AE]"Ice Maker" Create 10 (Continuous, Innate) [31]

Hoverboard [10] (Easily Removable -4) [6]
    Flight 10 (Platform)

Collapsable Shock Prod [16] (Easily Removable -6) [10]
    "Collapsable" Feature 1 (Concealable) [1]
    "Shock Prod" Affliction 10 (Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated, Fort) Linked to Move Object 10 (Reduced Range, Limited to Away) [15]
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

"Can do Suzie! =D"

Buddy Ball's internal mechanisms whirred, a small antenna slowly protruding from his head and his pixelated expression being replaced by a series of dots as he dialed up Genesis and the Springs siblings.

"Ring..."

"Ring Ring..."

"Hello! Do not be alarmed it is me, Buddy Ball! Suzie and Mister Slapdash have located the source of the bad weather! It is coming from out at sea and Suzie says there might be dragons! =D"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

As the call came through to their comms, Caleb answered, "Understood, we'll meet y-"

"DRAGONS!?!?!?" Nadia asked with the sort of excitement that is normally reserved for eleven-year-old boys who woke up to discover they had superpowers. And I mean, look, Nadia had expressive features and a nearly-constant smile at any times, but now her whole face was lit up (figuratively and literally; the sky blue glow that regularly shone from her intensified dramatically), eyes widened with gleeful excitement and wearing probably the hugest grin Mystery, at least, had ever seen on her face. "Oh sweet heavens, I am sorry, but I LOVE THIS JOB! Mystery, we've got to go! BB says there might be dragons! They're out to sea and stuff but if you can fly you are totally welcome to join us!" Nadia didn't think Mystery could fly but hey she was a ninja who knew what tricks she was capable of?

"We'll meet you at the beach house," Caleb finished, playing expert straight-man and totally no-selling Nadia's enthusiasm, though Amy was regarding her with a bemusedly affectionate smile and a slight shake of her head. He gave a nod to Mystery, and Amy gave her one of her little smiles, before the three took off at top speed on shining wings to regroup with their team.
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2017-12-23 at 02:40 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't worry!" Mystery hollered, waving enthusiastically at the departing angels "I'll hold the fort here! Might swing by later to make sure you guys aren't messing with Eliza's Netflix and stuff!"

As it stood the beach house's Netflix had four accounts, Eliza, Drunk Eliza, Mystery and Guest, but that was honestly neither here nor there. Mystery pulled her grapple out of her belt and launched herself back up on to the nearest building, a carefree grin hidden underneath her cowl, without the Spring's around to talk down criminals maybe her staff would finally see some action, wailing on thugs was basically her Zumba.

((At this point I'm just going to assume that nobody has anything they want to do at the beach house before heading out, feel free to correct me))

The weather only intensified as the Defenders headed out across the wild sea towards their target. The wind whipped relentlessly around them, almost forcing Suzie off of her board and still pushing back hard against those with more stable forms of flight, whilst stinging rain bounced off of them with a near painful intensity.

As they were nearing the spot Slapdash & Suzie's contraption had called out, a bright red flair cut through the horrendous weather and streaked in to the sky. Tracing back its path to its origin our heroes would spot a fishing trawler being batted about by the enormous waves.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2018-01-02 at 02:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

"-saying, spandex is really water-resistant!" Nadia was saying as the flare went up. Well, more shouting, in an effort to be heard over the rain and wind (although admittedly that might have been accomplished less with the shouting, more with the psychic bond), but whatever.

"Think that's it?" Caleb asked.

"Negative! That's a boat! Not a dragon!"

"I think the dragon was only speculative. It might not actually be a dragon," Amy pointed out.

Nadia cast her sister an affronted look of wide-eyed disbelief and the very idea!

"Maybe the dragon's under the trawler," Caleb suggested, just to skip past the argument. Angel of Faith, etc.

"And regardless if they're shooting up flares it probably means they need help!" Amy added, before diving down towards the ship, her siblings following.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Damian glanced over to Nadia as the triplets continued their earlier conversation. "...why are we talking about spandex right now?" (It should be mentioned that Damian, while not exactly dressed in spandex, was in point of fact currently wearing a supersuit - complete with cape).

Shaking his head, he returned to the matter at hand, regarding the fishing boat that seemed to be at the same location as the origin of the storms. "I'll check under the water, see if the storms are just kinda happening or if these poor saps fished something up they shouldn't have," he added, swooping downwards and disappearing into the stormy seas.

Show
    Shapeshift to Aquatic Winged Flight 5, Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation [Weather], Environmental Adaptation [Aquatic]), Hearing Counters Concealment [Overlapping Sounds], Immunity 1 (Drowning). I think that comes to 15 points.

And then going for a swim.
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2018-01-02 at 03:13 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Slapdash glances over at the fishing trawler, his face showing signs of strain as he continuously manipulates the flimsy metal strips that form his "wings" to keep him flying during the storm. "It, uh, might just be someone caught in the storm when it came up; I don't know if we're at the center yet," he calls out over the storm. "Still, we should help them out, if we can." Plus, it'll let me land for a few seconds... Slapdash follows the triplets down to the ship, landing heavily on the deck as soon as he can.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Yeah, I don't think they'd fire off a signal flare if they were the cause of the storm.

Suzie hovers close to the side of the ship.

Think I can freeze enough of the water to keep it stable?
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Swooping down on to the trawler, our heroes would quickly see the source of the flare in the shaky drenched grip of a trawlerman at the bow of the ship, who himself was trapped in the pincer grip of a squat humanoid crab creature. Standing a short few feet away a woman regards the terrified fisherman, the blue hair...no tentacles, on her head whipping angrily around like a nest of snakes.

"He is impure, to the depths with him!" She declared disdainfully and the man's screams began to fill the air as the crab monste'rs grip slowly tightens around him and its mistress turned to face the Defenders of Tomorrow.

"Who dares trespass in the domain of Mother Hydra!?" She hissed, her voice mystically carrying over the sound of the storm around her.

Underneath the waves Genesis would be greeted by a bevy of tentacles reaching out of the inky black depths trying to ensnare him!

Show
    ???
    Standard Action: Attack Damian with Energy Drain (1d20+8)[14] DC27 Toughness, DC22 Fortitude vs Dazed&Impaired/Stunned&Disabled/Incapacitated & DC27 Strength/Dodge vs Grab if that hits. Or not
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2018-01-08 at 01:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

ITOLDYOUTHEYWEREREAL! NOBODY BELIEVED ME! BB! Photos! As many as you can get! Let's see them call me crazy now! I knew it! I knew it all along! "Oh, Suzie, you're crazy, Crab people doesn't real." Well let's see who's laughing now! I'm sooooooo rubbing this in all of their faces! This is gonna be great!

Suzie was a very happy girl at this particular moment in time.
    Last edited by metakirb; 2018-01-08 at 02:05 PM.
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Despite Suzie's excitement, Nadia's face drooped. "But they're not a dragon though!" she complained forlornly, giving an exaggerated sigh, before glaring at the crab-man. "Hey! You! Hands off!" she demanded. A beat later, what she had said fully registered and she gave a short, embarrassed gasp and clapped her hands over her mouth.

Caleb glanced between Suzie and Nadia with a deadpan look. The two of them. He'd ask how they could be joking around at a time like this, if he thought either of them were joking. "We're the Defenders of Tomorrow. We apologize for the trespass, we are seeking out the source of this storm and we saw the flare go up. Please, let the sailor go, I'm sure we can help you resolve whatever dispute you have with them. But we can't do so while your associate is choking him." Caleb did not think these guys were going to be talked down, but he'd definitely prefer for the sailor to be out of the crab-man's clutches before things turned violent. He didn't really have anything to offer them, but he hoped that by not accusing them of being responsible for the storm - when he was fairly certain they were - they would see that releasing the sailor would be a sensible sign of good faith.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion to try to get them to release the sailor: (1d20+20)[37], +5 if Attractive applies.

Assessment on the Crab-Man: (1d20+15)[24].
    Assessment on Madam Hydra: (1d20+15)[29].

Well Informed on Madam Hydra: (1d20+20)[30].

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

As the tentacles soared out of the depths at him, Damian beat his wings, propelling himself backwards and away from their grasp. When he reached the surface again, he paused a moment to speak to the others (or at least, those of them that had communicators), bobbing around in the waves as he waited to see if the tentacles were going to try making a grab for him again. "There are tentacles underwater and I think they're trying to eat me," he reported. "So...that's a thing, I guess. Add that to the list of 'sentences you never expected to say.'"

Show
    Move: Back to the surface since presumably I can't really talk underwater even if I can breathe down there.
    Standard: Ready an action to attack the tentacles with Rend if they get within range (and, y'know, can actually be attacked. I guess if they're just the fluff of a ranged attack or something then Damian just flails around uselessly.)

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

((Okay, first off, Suzie gets a Hero Point ))

"Can do Suzie! Say cheese Mister Crab Monster! =D" A small port on the top of Buddy Ball slid open to reveal a small flashbulb that went off several times in rapid succession.

The tentacle haired woman contemplated Caleb's words for a moment, all the while the sailor's cries becoming more choked and painful, before calming her writhing tendrils and letting out a series of guttural clicking sounds. At her command the crab creature threw its prey on to the wet deck with a thud. "He is of no use to us." She said, her voice calm and almost musical "These seas belong to our Great Mother and they will not calm until proper tribute is paid."

Whatever the tentacles under the water belonged to, they didn't take Genesis avoiding its grip lightly and having briefly retreated back in to the depths, snaked back up for a second attempt to drain him dry and drag him down beneath the waves!

Show
    Come on Llyarden! What sort of game do you think this is? Why would I give an attack Increased Range when I could give Extra Limbs Elongation!
    ???
    Standard Action: Attack Damian with Energy Drain(1d20+8)[14] DC27 Toughness, DC22 Fortitude vs Dazed&Impaired/Stunned&Disabled/Incapacitated & DC27 Strength/Dodge vs Grab if that hits. You just can't get the sea monsters these days...

Spoiler: Assessment
    Show
    Spoiler: Crab Monster
    Show
    PL10 & +4 Trade Off to Damage and Resistance

Spoiler: Squid Girl
    Show
    PL10

And whilst the name Mother Hydra doesn't immediately mean anything to Trinity...

Spoiler: Expertise Magic/History (DC30)
    Show
    In the myths and legends of the lost land of Lemuria, Mother Hydra was the name of a scorned witch who consorted with dark forces in the name of power to try and overthrow a benevolent king. As all legends go she was thwarted by a hero and as punishment she was cast out in to the sea.
    Last edited by Dodgeson; 2018-01-09 at 01:35 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Amy hustled over to the sailor, her hands shining with pink light as she lay them upon his throat, channeling her compassion into healing energy - but making it a point to position herself between him and the seafolk.

"A tribute?" Caleb asked. "Well, that's nice to know."

Meanwhile, Nadia gave a little mental sigh. ~Okay. Fine.~

~Fine?~

"There's just one little issue."

~I get it. I know the drill. Doesn't matter that these two are lackeys for some sort of mythic sea witch or whatever. We get Genesis away from the tentacles, learn what they want, negotiate a peaceful resolution, and get an epic battle against neither a dragon nor a kraken. It's fine. I've made my peace with it. Do your things.~

Caleb's eyes hardened, shining like stars amidst the aura of silver light that flared up around him as he drew himself into a ready stance, facing the squid-woman down directly. "We don't negotiate with terrorists!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20)[8].

~...I love you so much!~

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Slapdash watches the two sub-aquatic creatures with his oversized fist slightly raised, pausing to see how the triplets' attempt at diplomacy is working. Okay, it looks like we're talking now, so maybe we can--nevermind then, we're fighting. Slapdash's fist begins to glow with purple-white light, cutting through the gloom of the storm.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[24]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Alright BB. Shield time. Let's see if we can't bring this guy back frozen and alive as perfect proof.

Suzie's grin broadened as she unlatched the cryo gun from her waist to hold it up infront of her.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Suznitiative : (1d20+12)[14]
    The attempted return!

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Before the seafolk could react to the sudden paradigm shift, the triplets were moving, lunging straight for the crab-man. He looked slow, but strong and tough, so crippling him early seemed most practical. Amy and Caleb joined hands, Caleb channeling the power of his Faith into his sister, augmenting her magic as she reached out, her hand shining with pink light, to pour a rush of pure Love into the crab-man. The surge of emotion would make it difficult for him to oppose the Defenders on any level, or if he proved especially weak of will, potentially even leave him entirely beholden to Amy.

Nadia meanwhile hurled up some quick shields over her siblings, while simultaneously reaching out for the crab-man to hit him with a pulse of Hope. A surge of overconfidence would induce him to trust his natural armor against the three slender angels, foregoing an active defense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Into Close range of the crab-man.

Free: Swap to and activate Decoordinate. Affliction 10 (Impaired/Disabled/Controlled; Will; Cumulative) Linked Deflect 5 (Secondary Effect, Reduced Range [Close]) Linked Weaken Parry 10 (Limited [Conditions only apply against self]).

Standard: Attack crab-man with Triplecast, Power Attacking for 4, at (1d20+6)[7]. On a hit, Will DC 24 vs. Cumulative Impaired/Disabled/Controlled and Weaken Parry vs. Trinity. Trinity is Deflected at 1d10+15 for the next two turns. ...Lame.

Current Status: Deflected (1d10+15, SE).
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2018-01-11 at 04:07 PM.

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Slapdash surge forwards as soon as he can, heading straight for the crab-man. He pulls back his right fist, ignoring the twinge of imaginary pain that flutters across his entire arm as he winds up and lets fly with a giant punch.

Show
    Move Action: Close with the crab-man.

Standard Action: Megaton Punch on the crab-man, All-Out Attacking for 2. (1d20+10)[17] On a hit, Damage DC 27, Fort DC 22 vs. Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Prone/Paralyzed & Unaware.

What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show