New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Is there any way to start a character from level 1 as a large size category creature?

What the title says. I have a build for Duengoen Crasher/Warforge Juggernaut/War Hulk in mind, but he needs to be large size to take that class...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Is there any way to start a character from level 1 as a large size category creat

Races and templates that grant any size larger than Medium generally always entail some amount of Level Adjustment. That isn't to say that there's absolutely no way to accomplish this, but if there is it almost certainly involves a bit of rules abuse or other cheese.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Is there any way to start a character from level 1 as a large size category creat

Incarnate Construct + some template that can boost a creature's size.
    Last edited by ATHATH; 2017-04-22 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Is this a good OJEBUWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES, or a bad OJFBUEWIP WHAT IN THE NINE ABYSSES?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    "Oh no, I'm bleeding out of my eyes...it's only now that I see that the delivery fee isn't a substitute for tipping your pizza guy!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguss View Post
    "No" means "yes".
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    My other idea was to be a troglodyte were-cockroach and just smell bad in people's squares.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Goliaths from Races of Stone are LA +1 for Powerful Build (allowing them to count as Large for some purposes), and have a racial substitution level for Barbarian that causes them to grow to Large size while raging. This interacts strangely with War Hulk if you go with the "losing the prereqs for a PrC causes you to temporarily lose its class features" ruling, since it means that the drawbacks of No Time to Think only apply while raging.

It's a little cheesy, but if you take 3 levels in the Stoneblessed PrC then any race can count as a goliath and thus qualify for the RSL (even if they're smaller than Medium).
    Last edited by Prime32; 2017-04-22 at 06:23 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Be a level 1 humanoid with a permanence'd enlarge person on you?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Well... not legally for PCs.
    It is possible at L2 for PCs(with +1 LA).
    Or at L1, but it would require taking a template that is Level Adjustment: —, so technically not available to PCs + additional template stacking cheese.
    In any case it begins with Half-minotaur or Half-ogre, which makes you large for LA+1.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

There is a variant rule that allows you to begin at level 1 with a level-adjusted race.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I believe the child template is actually LA-1, so you might be able to play a child character on the verge of adulthood who is large. Definitely ask your DM first, since it's a bit cheesy and children can't take class levels unless your DM is feeling nice.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

A large sized LA +0 anthropormorphic animal who had 2 HD permanently drained. Cheesy, but it works.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

These are all definitely worth looking in too. I'll run them by my GM, Thanks!