New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Quote Originally Posted by WhatThePhysics View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Should I assume that Lex has been awoken by the removal of the arrow from their leg, and that they've lost another hit point from the procedure?
    Show
    Ditto. Otherwise, I'll keep lurking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

d20 Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Sending guardsmen to gather:
    Clovers, mushrooms, berries, small animals, my equipment, some still warm coals from the fire, a couple of flat rocks and about ten of the arrows.
    Using the apples, reagents, natural ingredients, and even some of sweat I pour and pump out potions at a rate of 1/ 7 hours.

Not breaking concentration on my mixing, after the arrows are removed from everyone.

Once the arrows arrive, they are tied, placed over the metal bowel, which in turn placed a top the coals, on the the flat rocks.
    "Once the goo coating melts I can get to analyze it, if we don't burn it, please get my attention then, maybe we could use the goop. Unless you got a faster method? Sorry for the rude treatment, I'm Jon, this is what I do for a living. Though not with this many on the line and usually without a strange beat to it."

Craft potions: (Ooc:DC 15 if failed by 5 item reusable, any further and it's a waste. 1potion / 7 hrs also if interrupted plz tell!)

(1d20+6)[13], (1d20+6)[14], (1d20+6)[9], (1d20+6)[9],(1d20+6)[8], (1d20+6)[17], (1d20+6)[16], (1d20+6)[10], (1d20+6)[12], (1d20+6)[12]

"Dang it all! I've got one last ace up my sleeve, but then I'll feel defenseless. Hope you've got my back."
    Using 6 of my bombs, reagents, and solvents the breaking down of chemicals from the bombs will let me have enough ingredients for at least 2 more tries.
    "Let's slow the pace, my nerves are showing."
    Last edited by JonMarker; 2017-05-08 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Thematically doing stuff, #of bombs wrong
    My doc told me to cut out the bread, ain't that a slice.

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler: Important OOC Business.
    Show
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Jon Marker was taking a 16 on those heal checks so he gently removed them without waking you. You naturally waken after about an hour for the sleeping potion on the arrows wears off naturally.

The drivers split the good berries among them and eat up, returning to their posts. Some of the party members are there but seem scarred from the recent battle and have withdrawn from being talkative. (Inactive players)

Please talk among yourselves for future plans, battle strategies, and so on. Next posting is Monday at 2 am, sorry for the lateness of this one, wasn't feeling well yesterday.
    May the Fourth Be with You!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Ooc: 18 if the equipment I've listed is approved, plus my alchemist checks will also move +2 after the approval.

"Science is a sticky subject, mix at all the right stuff and you get apple pie, mix something off and then you hope to have enough scraps to make fritters. That is basically alchemy."

6. - Top - End - #126

"Ungh... damned goblins." Damian groaned as he rolled onto his side, opening his eyes to see that he no longer was in the middle of the bushes. A spark of worry shook the drowsiness off of him, doing a quick check that none of his belongings had been stolen, letting out a relieved sigh. 'Well, that's a relief,' he thought to himself before taking a look around, noticing the large number of people that were being treated to their wounds. "So... is this kind of thing like, common to these parts? I mean goblins smart enough to set up such a large ambushing force." he asked to no one in particular while he grabbed an apple, giving it a quick cleaning before taking a bite.
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Speaking to those awoken:
    "I may not be a surgeon or healer, more like a make-of-all trades! so things may have been further hurt...currently there are a f-e-w concoctions that will have you all up and running down those goblins. However pain and stories always goes better with coffee. Do you three want to be my Guinea--guest in my care? Still an organized attack usually means a ringleader type. Did you see or hear anything before the attack?"
    Breaths and continues
    "I've got some sample arrows and it would help me identify what to use if you could tell me about what happened when you were hit with them. Lucid dreams, sensations, were you think you hit yourselves...if you landed hard, where you think the arrows landed versus were they were. Details add to the apple pie, like cinnamon."

Instead of turning my attention fully to my guests, I check my arrows and brewing potions. Only showing my ear to them to let them all know I'm still willing to listen.

8. - Top - End - #128

"Oh! Dreams?" Damian asked, hiding his face behind the apple he was eating. "I uh, hardly remember any details." he lied, badly, busying himself with eating the apple. "I heard the warning about goblins before the first volley of arrows hit. I was on top of one of the carts when one got me in the leg. I tried to get off the cart to get all up on those goblins' business, but after I landed, I blacked out." he explained, this time truthfully. "I'm just glad it wasn't goblin refuse mixed into a paste." he told the healer, grabbing his waterskin and taking a hearty swig.

Roll for Bluff: (1d20+2)[7]
    Last edited by Mikemical; 2017-05-06 at 08:38 PM.
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

9. - Top - End - #129

BardGirl

OOC: Jon Marker rolled his stats correctly. I'll check your equipment after this post. At 18, your surgeries are giving back 1 hit point. It's up to you if you want to roll sense motive, roleplay it out.

Alex, your equipment to your relief is not broken, all of it says, Made in the U.S.A. One of them says Radio Shack on it, at your discretion.

A driver responds to Damian's question, "The goblin tribes are assembling for their national talks, that's what those drums are about, and it's why we hired extra security, the different lower tribes are banding together trying to prove themselves. Only the most successful goblin clans have the greatest voice and decision making power on their council. Likely their trying to overturn a vote. At the Capitol City we have goblin representatives, if you want to talk to one." He shrugs, "Their cunning little devils, your more likely to lose your shirt talking to them, nobody died so The Caravaners League doesn't have any petitioning strength against them. We are more lucky that none of them care about a few low status goblins dying."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Waits for driver to finish up his chat.
    [roll0] (bluff back) faking disbelief in what his patients are saying and redoubling efforts in the potions brewing front. Feeling and showing a little off put by stiffly shrugging my shoulders. Since there is a small lull in the conversation, I finally get a moment to pour myself a mug off coffee, letting the temperature and aroma sharpen my senses. A few moments pass before a long desired decisive long sip tacks on a small, but friendly smile.
    To the driver after considering the coffee's taste and in a steady voice: "Would you happen to have a cup for coffee? There are others with us that know how to brew potions and can help me in this caravan, right? We wouldn't make way with just one healer?"
    Ooc: how many more potions do I need / can make as we start traveling? Will roll rest when told.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

5 final alchemist checks:
    (1d20+5)[14]
    (1d20+5)[15]
    (1d20+5)[24]
    (1d20+5)[7]
    (1d20+5)[13]

see reason.
    Last edited by JonMarker; 2017-05-08 at 04:00 PM. Reason: 2 usable, 1 f, 2 reusable

12. - Top - End - #132

"Why not wait for the negotiations to pass and let them scatter before making the trip?" Damian asked the driver, finishing his apple and putting his waterskin back into his bag before following up with a second question. "I mean, sure, delayed cargo isn't ideal, but it's better than losing it to some goblin wannabe bandits. The roads would be safer after this family reunion of theirs is through, would they not?" he finished. 'Unless of course, the cargo's too urgent to be delayed.' he thought to himself.
    Last edited by Mikemical; 2017-05-15 at 04:01 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

BardGirl

The caravan master chuckles, No we don't have critical supplies or medical potions on us, just a regular food delivery, but some of it's perishable. Don't want to deliver rotten fruit and spoiled milk to the city we have a delivery contract with wouldn't be good for business. Now if your security team is ready, I'd like to pack up and get moving while their's still light in the sky.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Chokehold, pantry, shanty? This caravan driver has been driven. The thought pattern adorned my face, like true sour green apple.
    Finally it felt like it was time to check the results of melting the arrows' goo off. Glee entered my heart as a better distraction took over my train of thoughts.
    (Ooc: can you roll me up an amount of goo, I need better than 1/8" amount to be able to call it a potion. Then I give you a alchemist check to know what it is.)

15. - Top - End - #135

"Let's get going then." Damian said as he stood up, grabbing his bag and heading towards the carts. "Last thing we need is give the goblins more prep time for a better ambush."
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

16. - Top - End - #136

BardGirl

I am sorry, but due to receiving a very personal card from an old friend. I've decided not to run games any more and pursue a different path in life. Have fun, and game well.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG scene 1, new director.

Everyone was a bit scuffed up, there was no choice but to send a runner and call in for a few heals. By the time the healers joined with the original caravan, it was a little past half day and the goblins' drums were not within earshot or quick patrol distance.
    Each wagon driver eyed the paths in front and back toward the town suspiciously. The alchemist eyed his now emptied wallet, two different colored sticks, and where the head driver was walking towards; while like a cow; he slowly to approached.

The head driver approached the middle of the camp and gave the hand signal to gather on him, but even sitting on the outskirts of the camp could hear his voice rage on about how they will have to head out tonight and no one will leave 50' of the main caravan wagons, unless attached to the lighting wagon. It is then their job to get the drivers to the main caravan safety and fend off the attacks.

The easiest part of heading out was sending the lighter wagons in front to light the way ahead and then having everyone catch up, this was about the norm until about the 3rd wagon was about nothing, but 2 dim burning lights in the night.

Apparently a large bump in the road made one of the 2 drivers fall off, torch in hand, landing fire first into a solution that extinguished the flames.

Just as predicted: A perfect time for a hit and run arrow attack, a small volley at a high arch launch, whistle, and scatter into the complete caravan not caring about hitting anything or anyone else. Still a sickeningly sweet seems to settle over the caravan quickly and whatever the arrows stuck on. Oddly no war drums this time.

(Ooc: in this shot anyone with range can make 5 attempts to attack the "whistle bowers" goblins, those without can chase up to 50' and attack 1 or 25' and 2)

Once attempts are made to scare/fend/attack off the goblin threat. Hard tak rations are handed out, the majority of the caravan decided to plow through.

END DAY ONE.

Uneventful, boring, near useless time (unless helping the alchemist turn and burn potions and even that seems tedious at best). The almost even gentleness of the party's wagon's sway would be enough to put the hardest of midnight party-er to a rock-a-byes sound in a cradle sleep. This is how most of day two was spent.

At midnight an alarm is sounded. The drums! The drums! The Drums are back! It is so faint and far off (Dc:15 listen) to hear you are left to wonder if the attacking party went for another easier target, but no steel clashes, no oddball arrow sounds, and no stomping around. However something seems amidst.

(Appraisal/perception/insight Dc: 17)

Sometime around 3am the third day: everyone slows to a halt. Shifts are assigned for guard duty, you all are coming upon a smaller clearing, almost just like the one left behind. 3 different features mark this has a new location.
    1) Felled rotting logs in a ring with ancient runes running along them, but no magic or anything can be felt from them
    2) A His/her privy shanty (not well taken care of.)
    3) Possibly a small vegetables garden, overgrown and trodden on by small wood and wetlands' feet. Complete with small stream running to it.

In the distance you can catch a small aromatic wafting of swap flowers. Much closer to your own assigned wagon you can smell the smell of those that worked all night, coffee, brewing and brewed potions (health and 1 antidote potion). All but 1 current brewing potion is marked with a number, the last is marked with an X. Times are given out as to when the mixture is to be moved off the freshly lit campfire.
    However there is a problem within the main campfire area...
    No one can use regular fire lighting techniques to get a fire going, birch, excellently dried tinder, regular tinderboxes, and the like aren't starting any fires.

18. - Top - End - #138

Chasing off a couple gobbos:
    Gobbo 1:
    Bastard Sword:
    (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage:
    (1d10+5)[6]

Short Sword:
    (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage:
    (1d6+2)[4]

Gobbo 2:
    Bastard Sword:
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage:
    (1d10+5)[8]

Short Sword:
    (1d20+4)[16]
    Damage:
    (1d6+2)[6]

After chasing off the goblins, Damian went back to the wagon where his pack was located, trying to get some rest.

Second day:

Rolling Listen to try to hear anything regarding THE DRUMS:
    (1d20+5)[16]

Third day:

"Anyone got a light?" Damian asked as he unsheathed his swords, the grim atmosphere putting him on edge.

Rolling Spot to try to spot movement surrounding the wagons:
    (1d20+3)[18]
    Last edited by Mikemical; 2017-06-19 at 12:42 PM.
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG (summing s1, start scene 2)

The gobbos have have the same bows as before (between the 2 you could make a better functional bow), 3 of those sleep arrows, 3 arrows with strange heads, 2 empty greasy purse sacks, and 4 discoloration of hands and feet. Your team easily drags them back.

The drums are "close-ish" however when some are crescendoing a loud crack of a whip can be heard mixed in causing the drums to do a diminuendo. They are either chasing other prey and problems or schemes are happening.

(End summary)

You near the fire pit and kneel, gently a breeze washes over you. A calming, up lifting feeling, almost a hug starts across your back. The breeze guided your head. There is something made out of the local rock had gotten smashed to bits and charred.

Your friends start cooking the potions on smaller cooking fires, disturbing the breakfast cooking for others.

With no time to think, wetland creatures get louder, birds quickly fly past. While you are looking around for movement, you see the guardsmen looking over the wetland area completely fall over. No drums, no whistles, no arrows, no gobbos or other goblins. Just small rustling in the high wet grass. All you can wish for is that was about exhaustion and twitching.

20. - Top - End - #140

Show
    What's the other people in the camp doing. I'm talking about the other caravan guards that didn't drop, or the caravan master and laborers, cooks, etc and the Alchemist.

Damian steels himself in the direction where the two guards have seemingly dropped dead, readying his weapons to fight whatever attacker might step out of the darkness.

Rolling Initiative:
    (1d20+5)[11]
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG (mini-episode)

Your attention doesn't go unnoticed. Your main group of friends are at your 6.

Passing the 2 downed guardsmen, you can easily see the fact that not only are they fatigued, but their clothing is ripped up. Close to a new "round-ish" tear is a wet trail.
    In the wet path in front You can see 2 tiny brightly colored animals leaving a slightly damp and slimy trail. Near the direction of the trail are 4 small scraps of torn and scorched parchments. On the wind a familiar sickly sweet smell trickles into your nostrils.
    A loud slap followed by some splashing, then the sound of a oar pushing something in water and finally a crunch come echoing out of the wetlands. Your eyes try to penetrate the source/surrounding area, but you feel eyes glare their own violations back at you.
    Behind you, the alchemist pops out of the wagon with a quizzical look. Holding his coffee cup like a begging dog.

(Treating the guards?)

A little later in the day, when the tide shifted and from the same area the guards fell a chewed up corpse that isn't a goblin..."maybe?" has been washed ashore. On it a bloodstained stinky pouch is leaking small insects. Oddly it is not the insects that stink.

You feel as if you are foggy and very sleepy, and forgetting a lot of things, many of your caravan area trying to sleep.
    What fruit/veg market stuff could survive such slow transfer? Other thoughts bog your mind, but a little voice wisps in your ear... The wheels and pits...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Exclamation Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG, last nail?

All are suffering from fatigue, to lighten up the mood one of the older caravaners gathered up those not on duty. Away from the downed guards. (Each of which had gotten a 1/2 dose of the antidote that was pre-mixed) Each of them have a decent chance to make it through.

"Gather round, this use to be hollowed ground, a strange sacredness that spread to all... A simple rock up jutting which when a symbol of great power was pressed to it... An amazing blessing was bestowed upon the person pressing the the symbol. However during the bestow, some were kicked out of the large circle; some were eaten like the kobold that washed up; others had a peace set upon themselves. Now this place is going to the goblins and other riff raff. Tariffs would have to be raised to triple the amount, in a way that would cut up the caravan route... We would have to go through the cliffs near Orc and giant dens."

A loud pop noise, followed by a gush of fire, then a scream. An inhumanly colored arm flies pretty close to the food wagons, time to save the cargo is crucial.

23. - Top - End - #143

Damian moves towards the exposed arm, trying to catch a glimpse of their mysterious attacker.

Spoiler: Rolling Spot
    Show

(1d20+3)[14]
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The arm is about the same length as the other chewed kobold's. The arm is "well done" (1st to 2nd degree burns and char), containing only hints of the juiciness being wrapped in what must have been padded leather. Given how good and long the flying body part is STAYING on fire.

The un-attached attention attended attempting attacks seems to a heap of small fires pouring out of a larger fireball, reflecting upon your alchemy's brand glass shards and a bent metal symbol, it is too badly damaged to figure out what it was originally. The balls are also dancing, like the old "stop, drop, roll tv commercials, but finding out its too much.

More pops, more screams...(if you want to roll 3d6;insert number here up to 9) more places catching on fire, MORE flakes of tiny fires chasing a bigger ball with glass shards stuck to their "bodies" with melted metal mettle.

Then straight to your noses, the stench of burning metal and a small puff of pre-laid sorcery.
    All the balls start slowly wandering to the central fire pit.

This is truly a WTF moment.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Exclamation Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemical View Post
    Show
    What's the other people in the camp doing. I'm talking about the other caravan guards that didn't drop, or the caravan master and laborers, cooks, etc and the Alchemist.

Damian steels himself in the direction where the two guards have seemingly dropped dead, readying his weapons to fight whatever attacker might step out of the darkness.

Rolling Initiative:
    [roll0]
    Didn't see the first part, sorry.
    Most are cooking, trying to get a better nap in (those not on watch). Those on guard, were set up in a rose compass, 2 deep, 1 spare (within 25+ feet of the vanguard) acting as relief. In a very wide circle area, where some of the "day laborers" slowly mill around.
    The drivers that weren't so weary, were gathered to listen to the eldest caravan's story, to stop everyone from worrying.
    And even though it would displease the "modern" team with you, there's a que at the lurched leu. Some are trying to wash the stinks off the wagons. The alchemist begged for coffee and not seeing any, tried to get some more sleep, he got worked raggedy and now it is going up in blazes of fire. (He'll be out probably by the first few fireballs get to the central fire pit)

And a lot are talking about "strange" croaking sounds made by brightly colored frogs and the horrible smells that have been following around everything, since the last volley of arrows "laughed and stunk" directly to the caravans' themselves.

To nerf the confusion on your team, I've had them act like your personal parry dog entourage (you go, they go).

I know a lot of it doesn't clear the confusion over what is going on, but I think you'll LOVE this villainous action!

26. - Top - End - #146

Show
    Just read the OOC thread.

"****! Everyone, put the caravaneers to safety. Those who can, try to put out the fires. Everyone with a bow fire at the carriage! We might hit one of the bastards." he said, sheathing his weapons and drawing his bow as he took a step back in one fluid motion, watching the group spread out.

Rolling spot to try and see an available target:
    (1d20+3)[8]-1 from fatigue.
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The alchemist (now woke) is running ASAP to one of the closet un-blown up health potions (3). The caravans that are not on fire are circling closer together to make a final fall back point. The day laborers are either swatting out the cooking fires, lining up from the swampy area to form a bucket brigade for those caravans caught in the blasting and shuffling(5). Your team puts out the closest fire in front of them, by kicking dirt on top, then readies for battle. Those that finished moving the safe wagons are brandishing makeshift clobbering weapons and stuff to throw.

{your check} You Damian think or feel really moved to believe that the shining fire disco tore gore entourage is a handful of freshly dead kid sized humanoid beings (you see a good sized shadow).

A random "stinky pouch" falls from the safety of a pocket in the highly flammable padded armor.

Someone screams: "I can bashed right in half and both are moving, this Is still both moving!"
    Another screamer: "THEY'RE All MOVING TO THE CENTER!"

2 of the flaming wagons' wheels fall off from 2 different wagons in a manner that doesn't seem related to fire. (This is happening JUST in your pherpial [sp, sry] vision).

Terry, Matt, and Mayomi Managed to pin one of the disco balls to the ground using up a lot of arrows, still with the amount of damages generated on it, the ball still limitedly limps around.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

d6 Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Alchemist gets 1 potion back from the closest fire.
    Then it looks like he got kicked HARD to the ground.

The caravaners take down 2 more "flamers" pinning those to the already burning wagons

Guards from the front away from the water (towards the way you want to go): start hacking into 2 padded armor kid sized attackers, while the rear guard draws his range weapon (haven't decided what it is)

(4 + the croaking more eniemies to go out of 7 & 1/2 + the 1/2 the screaming guy got)

Your crew notice that the guards from the lake boundaries area are retreating from arrows, sweet smelling whistling arrows and brightly colored small croaking objects. All of this is happening in the area of the last fire and health potion. All heading towards your healer.

One of the more gutsy caravaners is dashing to the central fire pit with a scythe and a banded shield. Drawing in some aggression towards him.

[i know it's late for a initiative rolls, but now is the time to set you all up. I'll have your associates go after your roll to save time, screamers, then guards, next gutsy, finally weaponized caravaners; and I think the surprise round should start wrapping up]

29. - Top - End - #149
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

d6 Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

The gusty caravaner is getting slowly surrounded by flames, there is a chance he may suffer smoke inhalation with lasting reprocutions (sp, nice job autocorrectness).
    2 ladies and 2 guys at the lurched lue are caught with their pants down. The bright croaking crowd can move!

Hey, looking for your guys input here! The fog of war is lifting and now is the time to shine!

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thumbs down Re: Silver Caravan, The RPG

Guess this is the end. Does anyone know how to get rid of the posts?