New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1492

Thread: Home 23

1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skullfort]

"Koshal, do you think maybe you aren't up to this yet?" Leah asks. She doesn't sound judgemental, more concerned about him. "Am I pushing you too hard as well?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 23

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Thad's Apartment]

Vivi is probably almost completely silly, it is quite certain.

As Lucy goes to sit and drink and talk, Vivi wobbles over with slightly more certain footing, starting to dish up a few particularly tasty looking things onto Lucy's plate. She has to bend over the table a little to reach everything, and is clearly spoiling her for show, but won't sit down until the younger woman has a bit of everything she wants.

Vivi plops down in the nude and seizes some coffee. "Now see here, Thad, this is only my second time using up your place. And the first was with you-know-who," she adds, winking at the boy. "I'm pretty sure he and I didn't get a spread like this that first time. You must have guessed Lucy and I would be quite famished."

"And indeed, I'm quite secure in my conquests regardless of young Thad here," Vivi says with a nod as she slathers butter onto a piece of toast. "I doubt we'll need to stay, will we, Lucy? Do you live quite far?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Thad's Apartment]

"W-well it's very kind of you." Thad's general not-caring-about-nudity does an excellent job of putting Lucy at ease and it's only a few moments before manners fly out the window as her ravenous hunger gets the better of her. Food is attacked and consumed with glee. It's a little messy.

At some point she remembers to cease her devouring of food long enough to reply, "You saw Sam at the beach, right? I'm just mooching in his apartment. I might have been a little distracted on the way here-" She turns to let her gaze roam over Vivi for a moment, making it very clear what the source of distraction was, "So I don't know how close we are to Riverside? I wouldn't want to impose here anyway, but it's not like I need to head straight back there either." That's it. Too much talking. Back to chomping on food with those remarkably sharp teeth of hers.
    Thad's Apartment

"That's because I wasn't in any shape to make a spread like this last time. Not after...that."
    He points out, helping to dish out whatever the pair wanted. If Lucy is attentive and examine's Thad, she might catch that he has scarring on his knuckles, mostly from punching things really hard. As much as he cares for himself and his skin however, it could easily be missed. "And thank you. It's not often I get to show off small talents like this. As for where we are, we're Inside so depending on how you travel it could be pretty easy to get to Riverside by the Riftline." He explains. "Do you need a ticket?"

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Waterfall]

"That's pretty cool," Madub admits with some reluctance. A babyteeth doing something cool just doesn't make sense. "I don't know how dad's going to like it. He already grumbles a lot."

"Dad hasn't liked anything I did since my teeth stopped growing," Iknika huffs. "At least I'm dating someone. I'd worry about that more, if I were you."

Madub just glares at his sister.

"I guess I'll leave you and your human boyfriend to it. Have fun in Underside. Make sure you catch the beetle races," he tells Isaac with somewhat forced cheer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Town

Koshal twiddles his fingers together behind his back. He doesn’t want to admit it but...
    He’s never gone on a rescue mission before.
    He’s never fought vampires before.
    He’s infiltrated a castle once and he almost botched it.
    He has to accept that he might just not be ready.
    ”Um. Maybe. Just a little? I just...it’s kind of a lot. With no backup. Or plan.” he says quietly to Leah, unable to look her in the eyes.

Underside Waterfall

Isaac watches the Goblin boy leave, sticking his hands in his pockets.
    ”He seems nice enough, I guess. You folks have races?” he asks, interested.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Waterfall]

Iknika glowers after her brother before turning back to Isaac.

"He put on his nice act. But he was going to call you... something nasty before he stopped himself," she says. "We do have beetle races, but I forgot there was going to be one today."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Halfling in the Playground

[Thad's Apartment]

Viviana gives Thad a lascivious wink and forks a dripping hunk of french toast into her mouth. It probably doesn't help Lucy's distracted gaze any that a couple tiny drips miss her mouth entirely... "Oh please, Thad, you don't have to buy a ticket if Lucy needs one. Let me do it," she says. Another big bite of food. "So you and this Sam fellow, Lucy," she goes on after she finishes chewing, "I do remember seeing him, distracted as we were. Are you two... close?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #1447

[Thad's Apartment]

Don't stare at the beautiful goddess' chest in front of Thad, don't stare at her chest, don't stare at her-

Yeah, no, Lucy stares a bit. Can't help herself. It's hard to maintain enough self-control around Vivi.

She does still have enough of awareness to feel like she's missing out on something interesting with all this "last time" stuff they're referring to. "Oh, you don't have to worry about tickets or anything, I can cover myse-" Lucy goes to pat her satchel and blinks. Oh, right, she did actually have to let go of that for...things. "I'm fine as long as my satchel is fine, it's very important."

Awkward pause.

Awkward laugh.

Awkward segue. "Close? Well, depends what you mean. He's a good friend, nothing romantic if that's what you're getting at." And then her eyes narrow, the big toothy grin comes back, and she leans over to emphasise her next statement by poking Vivi a couple of times, "Your turn. How close are you and Thad, and what happened last time?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Thad's Apartment

The young man looks at Vivi for a moment after the question, his own face entirely neutral and passive before he finally turns back to Lucy and comes to a decision. "I'm her husband's boyfriend." he says simply before taking a bite of a waffle to give it some time to sink in. "And something of her bodyguard when she brings back lovers. Lord Sarcadian made that pretty clear." He explains before lifting up a bottle of whiskey. "Need a stiff drink now?"

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lake Cabin - Private Party]

"Agreed. Sitting outside by a fire sounds very nice right now," Fayyaad says as he claps his hands and thrusts them forward in a strangely theatrical motion, sending a gout of flame towards the wood. He'll keep it up until it's burning nicely. "I don't know what s'mores are, but as always I'm eager to learn."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post

Electra chuckles, then heads inside the cabin for a few minutes. She emerges carrying a small bag and three long metal forks with wooden handles.

"Well then, let's make the most of it."

She gives one fork to Cass, and one to Fayyaad, before seating herself on a log and removing the contents of the bag: a bag of jumbo roasting marshmallows, several bars of milk chocolate, and a box of graham crackers. Last, but not least, she pulls out a bottle of peppermint schnapps. Might as well keep the buzz going.

"Fayyaad said he didn't know what s'mores were. Have you ever had them, Cassandra?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Trying and tasting new things is what this is all about, isn't it?" Fayyaad asks with an innocent smile as he leans back. He couldn't resist that little innuendo, relaxed as he is. He's here with two friends, having a good time, and things might get even more interesting later.

"I know what they are," says Cass. "Never had them before, though."

Camping trips weren't high on the Vigil activities tier list, back when she was a member.

She similarly leans back, letting Electra demonstrate what needs to be done, though maybe taking an anticipatory nip of the peppermint schnapps in the meantime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #1450

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Skullfort Town

Koshal twiddles his fingers together behind his back. He doesn’t want to admit it but...
    ”Um. Maybe. Just a little? I just...it’s kind of a lot. With no backup. Or plan.” he says quietly to Leah, unable to look her in the eyes.
    Well, Koshal, if you let your lack of experience stop you, you'll never get experience! There's a first time for everything, after all.

"Well, sometimes you don't have time to plan, and there's no one to back you up, and you need to go anyway."
    Leah isn't mad at him. Just disappointed.
    "But not today!"
    "I'll take care of the vampires. Instead, you're going to look into something for me. There's been some strangeness way off, near the river ford by the old volcano. I want you to check it out. Put your magical learning to some use, maybe. Do you think you can do that?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Underside Volcano

Isaac laughs.
    ”The fact that he decided not to makes him better than lots of kids at my school.” though the fact that Isaac’s main powerset involves crushing things and he’s incredibly durable, along with being immune to transmutation, people have backed off him quite a bit. Especially in case he ever remembers how to turn people into squirrels.

Skullfort Town

At being given a new mission, Koshal perks up immediately.
    ”Oh, strangeness? Like crazy lights? Bizarre animals? Things becoming other things?” he asks her with intense interest.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Default [Skullfort Town]

Leah nods warmly.
    "Several of those things, actually. I need you to get to the bottom of it. Here."
    She hands him a copy of a new map. There's a volcano (DANGER! STAY OUT) some less volcanic little hills, a river running through it, and a small pond fed by the river. The pond is circled and noted with 'strange lights seen from a distance'. A village south of the pond is marked 'farmers report strange monkeys harassing their herds'.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #1453

[Thad's Apartment]

"So what you're saying is," Vivi says, just finishing a mouthful of egg, "That if I can hide this satchel of yours, it will be much easier to keep you here? Very good, this is well noted." The 'goddess' gives a scrumptious little smirk and goes on with her breakfast as Lucy explains Sam's relationship with her...

Then asks that all important question. Vivi just loves that grin of Lucy's, she will love turning it into a look of shock just as much. "And to elaborate further, what happened last time was that my husband so thoroughly wore out Thad, the dear boy couldn't walk for the better part of a day. I had a delightful time teasing them both about it."

"Ooh, yes, do me!" Vivi exclaims softly (and in far too lascivious a tone) when Thad holds up the whiskey. She shoves her glass over.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Town

Koshal nods.
    ”Okay. Lights and monkeys. That seems fine. Villages and herds of...animals.”
    Koshal is happy to help! Spooky magic isn’t so bad. It’s when you get stuff blowing up or suddenly being other things, demons and curses when you call the professionals.
    ”I’ll pack and get Dune right away!”

15. - Top - End - #1455

[Thad's Apartment]

"Oh." Lucy falls silent for a moment as the gears turn sloooowly in her mind, piecing together what it all means. "Oh. Ohhhhh, I see. Uh, bodyguard, huh? I-I guess the fact that I'm still in one piece and not getting thrown out means I didn't do anything wrong?" She asks hesitantly, with just a hint of nervousness to her voice. If Thad is on bodyguard duty, that probably means he's considerably more dangerous than he looks.

And danger is bad. But she isn't in danger, right? Unless suggesting there might be something between Vivi and Thad was maybe offensive or something? "Uhh, sorry?" She offers uncertainly, glancing back at Thad.

...even now it's still kind of hard to tear her gaze away from Vivi.

"A stiff drink does kind of sound good now, yes, but I might kind of need the whole bottle for it to, um, do much. A-a-and Vivi, you're a- you're a wonderful tease b-but pleeeease don't joke about the satchel?" She asks, turning back to Vivi with wide, pleading eyes and a slight quiver to her lip. Yes she's playing it up a little bit, but if anything that might be more to mask the fact that she's genuinely a little distressed by that joke rather than trying to provoke a reaction from her "goddess".
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Waterfall]

"Or maybe he just didn't want to pick a fight with both of us at the same time," Iknika says, smirking. "But it'd be a shame to miss the beetle races just because my brother is a smelly little jerk."

17. - Top - End - #1457

Default [Skullfort Town]

Would Koshal be disturbed by herds of cattle? Does he avoid eating beef? Drinking milk?

"Alright, Koshal. I'm sure you'll do well."
    Leah gets to her feet and gives the squire a smile.

It's a long way to travel, out of the town, past the fields, around the forest, and across the countryside.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground

Underside Waterfall

Isaac nods.
    ”Yeah, totally. Is it a once a day thing? How big are the bugs? Like, do you ride them?” Isaac asks with obvious curiousity. He knows that some goblins do ride beetles after all.

Skullfort Countryside

No more than most humans are by apes, yes and mostly, in that order.

After giving Leah a salute, Koshal sets out happily, glad to still be useful after all. He hums to himself as he rides out on his horse, Faye trotting along beside them.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-10-02 at 11:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Waterfall]

Iknika grins toothily.

"Of course! We've got beetles big enough for goblins to ride. I hope I can ride one someday, when I'm a knight. The race is a whole day affair, really, with different kids of races."

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra chuckles for a moment as she pulls a graham cracker from the package and unwraps one of the chocolate bars, snapping it in half, before taking a marshmallow and spearing it on her fork, then holding it near the fire.

"It is. But here, I'll show you how to make them. You take a marshmallow and roast it. Some say it has to be flaming before moving on, but I like mine golden rather than charred." It takes only a moment or two before she seems happy with it. She quickly pulls the mallow from the fire, its outsides a golden brown. She quickly snaps the graham cracker in half, places one piece of chocolate on it, then smushes the gooey marshmallow between the chocolate and the remaining half of the graham cracker, forming a sandwich of sorts. "Then you make a sandwich of it between the graham crackers and the chocolate. And you eat, while it's still warm!"

She quickly passes the treat to Fayyaad, since he's never seen it before. "Go on, try it!" As soon as he takes it, she spears another mallow and begins the process again.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

21. - Top - End - #1461

Default [Countryside]

No more than most humans are by apes, yes and mostly, in that order.

After giving Leah a salute, Koshal sets out happily, glad to still be useful after all. He hums to himself as he rides out on his horse, Faye trotting along beside them.
    Pretty soon, Koshal's journey turns into just 'countryside'.
    But it's a nice trip. The weather remains clear, just a little cold. No disasters strike him along his way there.
    Eventually the volcano rises out of the distance.

Is he going to: investigate the lake? Head into the village? Take a third option?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Barbarian in the Playground

Raindrop District Apartment

Oof! You don't know how great it is to have inhuman strength until you've carried a zweihander, a suit of armor, a human being, and two disembodied human thighs halfway across the city all at once. Saint Lazarus is exhausted. She dumps the sword on the floor, the thighs in her freezer, and the fellow human being on her couch. She's very nearly tempted to toss herself on the couch as well, before a glance at the girl's wounds reminds her why that would be an absolutely awful idea. Nope, gonna limp over to the first aid kit, limp back to the couch, and start working on fixing up the nameless beggar girl's cuts and bruises. The emergency Cure Light Wounds potion probably does more than all the gauze and alcohol and antiseptic combined, but Saint Lazarus goes through the whole process anyway, just to be thorough. It's not like she'll ever need any of that stuff herself anymore. Might as well put it to good use helping someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad takes the treat and chews on it, carefully, then takes a sip of his drink to wash it down.

"Hot and sweet. Not like anything I've tried, but I like it. There's always something new to be found here, especially if one takes care to hang around interesting people," he adds with a smile and nod to the two women.
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-10-03 at 04:39 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Underside Waterfall

Isaac nods.
    ”Okay, well, will be able to see if we leave soon? I know getting a seat can be rough at things like this.” when it comes to sports events, tickets and seats can be the worst in the city! That’s something Isaac has heard at least. He isn’t into many sports.

Countryside

Koshal goes to the lake to check out the lights! Lights are much more mystical and spooky than monkeys.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Waterfall]

Iknika taps her chin in thought.

"If we leave now, we should make it. If we can't get seats somewhere, there's always other events. But I hope we can see the ceiling run. It's always the coolest-looking."

26. - Top - End - #1466

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post

Oof! You don't know how great it is to have inhuman strength until you've carried a zweihander, a suit of armor, a human being, and two disembodied human thighs halfway across the city all at once. Saint Lazarus is exhausted. She dumps the sword on the floor, the thighs in her freezer, and the fellow human being on her couch. She's very nearly tempted to toss herself on the couch as well, before a glance at the girl's wounds reminds her why that would be an absolutely awful idea. Nope, gonna limp over to the first aid kit, limp back to the couch, and start working on fixing up the nameless beggar girl's cuts and bruises. The emergency Cure Light Wounds potion probably does more than all the gauze and alcohol and antiseptic combined, but Saint Lazarus goes through the whole process anyway, just to be thorough. It's not like she'll ever need any of that stuff herself anymore. Might as well put it to good use helping someone else.
    The beggar doesn't stir apart from a small groan as Lazarus sets her down on the couch, staying deep within the clutches of unconsciousness as her savior goes through the process of patching her up. Doing so will quite obviously reveal the extent of just how badly the trio of men had roughed her up; besides the black eye and the light bruise on her cheek, a couple darker ones had formed on her arms, probably from an attempt to shield herself from blows. A series of long cuts had been raked across her back, and while most had had the time to close there was still a trickle of blood oozing from two of the most recent. The worst injuries by far however are a pair of deeep bruises on the woman's side, and one of her ribs had actually fractured a little under the impacts that had caused them. The healing potion should be enough to take care of that, calming the deep purple marks to a soft yellowish hue, but the other wounds still require care.

During her care, Lazarus is likely to notice something rather unusual about the woman; an odd lattice of silvery veins marred her left thigh, and at first one could easily be forgiven for assuming they were simply tattoos... but if her hand brushed against them, the ghoul would find that they were cold and rough, almost as if the material beneath her touch was not skin, but metal.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hm. That's weird. Hopefully those silvery veins don't come with some complicated, unknown rules regarding healthcare and injury treatment. Saint Lazarus has been doing the best she can, but...no, she's sure it'll be fine. She drags herself away from her patient to let Romero out of his kennel, go take a shower, and change into her secret apartment-only normal human being clothes.

What? Oh, who's Romero? Why, he's the greyhound Saint Lazarus adopted about a week ago. Guy likes to bark a lot when she comes home, and he tried nipping at some of her dead criminal cutlets before, so now he has to stay in the kennel every time she leaves to go find food/crime, at least until she's reasonably sure Romero's learned his lesson. The landlord barely tolerates dogs as is, he certainly won't put up with a dog who's developed a taste for human flesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #1468

Countryside

Koshal goes to the lake to check out the lights! Lights are much more mystical and spooky than monkeys.
    The river winds its way down from the mountains, and here it's flooded a whole valley, turning it into an odd little lake still surrounded by evergreen trees (and with a few poking their tops out of the water).
    When Koshal arrives, the first thing he'll see is that the place is sparkly. There's something glinting brightly from the bottom of the lake, almost but not quite hidden from his vision by the murk. And scattered around the shore are glittering somethings.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

Underside Waterfall

Isaac smiles and reaches down to take Iknika’s hand.
    ”Well, you should lead the way then! Don’t want to miss anything!”

Countryside

Koshal dismounts, letting Dune sit down on the shore. He is well trained and won’t run away. Koshal walks through the shore to examine the shiny things, even if he has to wade and get his ankles wet. He didn’t bring many towels though. He hopes the water isn’t cold if he has to dive.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Aww, poor Romero! For an energetic little dog like that, being cooped up must not be very fun. Besides, the best part of owning a dog is opening the door after a looooong and tiring day, just to get tackled and covered in dog slobber. But alas, it's probably for the best; you don't really want your pets to have "The Hunger", after all. It can make for all sorts of awkward situations, especially when you have company over.

...It would make getting pet food so much easier for Lazarus though.

Assuming she isn't one of those terrible people who spends ungodly amounts of time in the shower, the ghoul's post-crimefighting relaxation routine will go uninterrupted. The woman continues to rest, though she does stir slightly with a groan when Romero inevitably takes an interest in this strange new person within his domain, turning away onto her side and curling up a little. It does free up some of the couch however!

An hour or so later, Lazarus' patient will finally stir, looking around a little blearily and moving to prop herself up on her bandaged arms... before a sharp ache registers, causing her to wince and whimper. It doesn't stop her from pushing herself into a sitting position, looking down at herself and the gauze on her form with confusion.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!