New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Home 23

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Home 23

There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another, or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM the creator of this thread and they will post the location in the OP.

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post: It's important that there is a clear way to differentiate the locations in a meta-thread. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it: A residence cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in, burn it down, knock on the door, etc., but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. Players are permitted to make additional OoC rules, if they want, that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice: If there are any disagreements between players please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

Locations
    Spoiler
    Show
    154 Oceanside Drive Felandria
    An abnormally large two story suburban house sits in the center of a large parcel of land, although depending on the whims of the owner, Felandria, the house may be larger or smaller than usual when you visit, she welcomes company, just ring the doorbell, if you can reach it.
    Located in the Blue Zone in Inside.

Basil's Cabin UncleWolf, happyturtle
    In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans.

Brendan's Upstairs Recaiden, Bushranger
    The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish.

Hallowmere Lake happyturtle, UncleWolf
    Several hours away from the city, with no roads leading there, is a small lake surrounded by trees. On an island in the lake is a cabin, well built from fresh lumber and brick and connected to the land by a small bridge. The entrances of the house face East and West, allowing anyone who sits on the decks to watch the sunrise or sunset. There's a garage attached to it as well, and further additions seem to be in progress. A small metal sign hangs under the mailbox near the front entrance. On it, a pair of names is etched in by ornate laserwork: Sunny and Carl

House of the Rising Sun Ashen Lilies
    A Large house on a headland facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
    Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
    Further description.

Intermission Beans
    The divine realm of Carrie! The Intermission mostly consists of a great decagonal sort of tower, more wide than tall, filled with innumerable rooms for the deceased souls staying there until they move on to their afterlives. Also contained are the quartering complex for her "angels" the Sable Guides.

Jake Stevenson's Home happyturtle
    In the Victorian sector of Inside, Jacob Stevenson lives above his watchmaker shop and shares the space with his alter-ego, Augustus Acre. The room is a combination living room / bedroom, with well made furniture. The bed is a daybed, meant to work as either a sofa or bed, but because of that, it's the equivalent of a single sized modern bed. It isn't really appropriate for guests, so he rarely invites people here. Most people who wished to encounter Jake would meet him at his shop in Inside instead of his home.

Julie's Place Slii Arhem
    An apartment on the sixth floor of a fairly average apartment building. Julie Fiske, a succubus of moderate renown and very little esteem, lives here, leasing it from a dubious landlord.

New Rock Household blackouttwo, Artemis97
    A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - white picket fence, work shed out back, spacious basement (with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room (with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms... Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.
    Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.

Silvery Ship Lost Deep
    It looks like this field has been marred by a silvery teardrop of epic proportions. Easily fifty feet tall and about 90 feet long, it seems to have impacted the surface at a definite angle, leaving a long furrow behind it. This teardrop is covered in bumps and smooth protrusions, but the exact make-up can vary greatly from day to day. Doors, hatches, doorbells, cameras, and other things come and go on its surface. The inside is uniformly silvery, and the maze of halls, and rooms makes it hard to keep your bearings. Physics seems to stop caring, and looping hallways, physically impossible curves, and doors that open into the wrong places are the rule here. The entire ship is constructed of an amazingly durable material… No telling what it is, but it will take really, really strong weapons to break it if it can be broken. There is no evidence of weapons in the ship… but it’s possible they just haven’t been seen yet.

Skullfort Recaiden, LordDeathkeeper
    A flying magical battlestation in the form of a giant black stone skull, looking down over a small farming town. Located over the hills not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Home to the knight Leah, her squire Koshal, the mercenary Kestrel, and Mist.

Stormguard Tower Recaiden, Fenric, LordDeathkeeper
    A five-turreted wizards' tower located in a forest clearing far from any city. The building is spatially impossible and the grounds are full of unusual plants and animals found nowhere else.
    Anyone looking for help is welcome.

Archive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Home 22: Our neighborhood watch is extra vigilant
    Home 21: Housebroken gazebos now permitted
    Home 20: Refurbished
    Home 19: Please Contact Your Friendly Neighborhood Realtor
    Home 18: Where Everybody Knows Your Name
    Home 17: Where you know all your friends and all your enemies
    Home 16: Home is Where the Phylactery is
    Home 15: A Fixer-Upper
    Home 14: Oddly Squishy
    Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here
    Home 12: Home, Home and Deranged
    Home 11
    Home 10
    Home 9
    Home 8
    Home 7
    Home 6: Jiggity Jig
    Home 5: Somewhere to take your family
    Home 4: Plenty of Space
    Home 3: Third Time's the Charm
    Home 2: Home is where the cabinet is
    Home 1

This thread is managed by Gulaghar. He will create the new thread when this one reached 50 pages. Please contact him for updates to the OP.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2018-07-28 at 01:37 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Home 23

[Underside Entrance]

In one of the Nexus' mountain ranges, there's a plateau under a mountain slope. It's a busy place, as people come and go through a massive door in the rock face. There's a number of merchant stalls, food cards and other temporary establishments around, and near one of those, Iknika is waiting. She's dressed rather differently than the knight-in-training she appeared as in Mallside. Her hair is loose, and she's wearing a narrow skirt with a light green blouse.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

Claire strolls through the hustle and bustle, her head turning here and there to take in the new sights. If she didn't have a destination she might stop to take a few sketches. As is she's meeting someone, though.

Iknika will see the bunny girl approach. She's dressed in a skirt, leggings, and some kind of anime plastered tee shirt that Iknika can't read. She has a beaten up old backpack too. When Claire spots the goblin she waves and jogs the rest of the way over. "Heya! I found it." She says with a grin.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

"Hi Claire!" Iknika says, waving. She peers at Claire's shirt, trying to read what it says. But it's some strange script. "Ever been in the mountains before? Or under them? The wolf pens are on another slope of this one, so we'll have to go through the tunnels."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skullfort]

Another day, another set of lessons. Today's swordfighting topic is 'how to survive when your weapon is stuck after running someone through'. As such Koshal and Leah are practicing with somewhat awkward training weapons where only the hilt really exists.

"Tell me about your adventure." his knight prods.

After all, what helps you learn like being distracted?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Koshal doesn't break rhythm as he talks too much. Leah's training has taught him to multitask.
    "I met a guy and a wizard in Trog's and we went to save his town and we killed an evil bug wizard and we went to his tower and killed his minion and took his stuff.
    Miss Cassandra had to identify all the magic stuff because I don't have magic. I got cool stuff like magic ring mail. Some of it wasn't cool, like this mirror that showed me as a girl."
    he explains.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-01 at 12:11 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #7

Default [Skullfort]

Still, one mistake (even one he would have repeated without the need to multitask) and he'll be chided to "Pay attention!"

"An evil bug wizard, hmm? Well done. You know, this very fort once belonged to an evil skeleton wizard. You'll be a properly heroic knight yet."
    Leah has to laugh at his reaction to the mirror.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Koshal doesn't like being laughed at.
    "It wasn't funny Lady Leah! My horns looked so teeny and my muzzle didn't look right at all! Who would a mirror like that?

Do you really think I'll be a good knight?"
    he asks after he finishes sputtering his indignant response. He doesn't know all the proportions in the mirror since he was wearing armor.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-05-01 at 12:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Default [Skullfort]

"I would guess the mirror might interest someone a bit older than you, who's developed some curiosity about the opposite sex."

Leah nods.
    "I think you will. You aren't waiting to go out and help people. That's what really counts."
    "Practice is done! Take the rest of the day off."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Koshal's eyes go wide and bows.
    "Thank you Lady Leah. I will use this time wisely!" he declares. Maybe he should visit the temple and thank Message for protecting him. He did that yesterday but she probably won't mind being praised extra...

11. - Top - End - #11

Default [Skullfort]

Leah nods to him.
    "I'm sure you will."
    The knight hangs up the practice swords and heads off to the upper layers of the fort. She still has her own practices and lessons to see to before lunch.

It seems extremely unlikely that she would mind praise.

Outside the Fort, the town is going on as normal, if a little busy in preparation for the Spring Festival. The temple is still where it belongs. The observatory still watches the skies. People are at work in the fields and pterosaurs soar above.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort

Koshal hurries on his way to the temple where he can kneel before the altar of Message and thanking her for protecting him from evil bug wizards, disease, and telemarketers. He doesn't know what those are but his uncle says they are the worst. For his dry room and his wonderful Lady and the best dog ever. And for his day off!

Indeed.

13. - Top - End - #13

Default [Skullfort]

You are welcome, Koshal.

Koshal isn't the only one in the temple. William, probably the best of those daredevil pterosaur riders, is seated beneath one of the pillars, lost in thought. Or possibly asleep. The High Priestess, completely concealed by her robe and headress and veil and nimbus of holy fire, is giving a lecture (a sermon, really) to a small group on the importance of generosity.

The altar seems particularly...awake? Present? The sense of the goddess is strong.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Temple

Koshal starts but tries not to interrupt anyone else. Message has only actually spoken to him once before. It's startling!
    Oh, hello Ma'am. Are you doing something important with Miss Alexis? You seem very...here . Are you uh, well? the teen prays. Does one small talk with a god? He can't just walk away after being spoken to.

15. - Top - End - #15

Default [Skullfort]

Temple

William opens one eye to look at Koshal for a moment. Awake enough to notice the squire's surprise, at least.

Hello, Koshal. And Faye. Doing something important with Alexis? Yes, but not in the way you mean.
    Quite well. I am More, recently, so of course I'm more attentive to this home.
    You give thanks sweetly enough, but you don't really know me, do you?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Temple

I know Lady Leah, who is your Charity. Koshal insists. So he was paying attention to that explanation.
    And Alexis talks about you and I listen. But we have only talked once before. he admits.

17. - Top - End - #17

Default [Skullfort]

Temple

Well, he isn't wrong. But that is only part of the picture.
    Do you want to know more? You don't have to: it is enough to give thanks, and know that I care for you. But you are Leah's only squire.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Temple

Koshal straightens up very officially.
    "I know that as Leah's only squire I might be your only Knight that isn't also a Charity. I will do as much for you as I possibly can, Ma'am. I made my oath and I swear to it. he says resolutely. Or, thinks.

19. - Top - End - #19

Default [Skullfort]

Temple

Perfect. There is something you can do to help.
    For the first step, pray by name and ask to see me.

Some things are better done by formula.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Temple

Koshal is confused but those are pretty easy instructions.
    Uhm, Oh Lady Message, our protector, I ask to see you. he prays, hoping that he is doing it right.

21. - Top - End - #21

Default [Skullfort]

Good enough.

Koshal should find himself vanishing from the temple, to another thread entirely in response to his prayer. Much easier to bring someone who asked than to just whisk them away. Even if you led them to do it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Underside Entrance]

"Hi Claire!" Iknika says, waving. She peers at Claire's shirt, trying to read what it says. But it's some strange script. "Ever been in the mountains before? Or under them? The wolf pens are on another slope of this one, so we'll have to go through the tunnels."
    [Underside Entrance]

"Nah, this is totally new. It's pretty crazy." Claire's never been this close to any mountains before. It's kinda intimidating. "We have to go under? That's safe, right?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

Iknika grins and tosses her hair back dramatically.

"It's totally safe! Those tunnels have been here forever. Besides, you've got me to show you around."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

Claire laughs. "Well when you put it that way. Go ahead and lead the way." Iknika's confidence helps with the nerves.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

Iknika heads confidently towards the mountain gate. There's a crowd of people moving in and out of it, watched by bored guards. The passers-by are mostly goblins, but there's enough people of different species that Clarie doesn't stand out that much.

The gate leads into an enormous cave. It's circular, very tall and seemingly mostly transitory. There are three tunnel openings on the ground level, and three above them - the upper level is reached through massive staircases cut in the cavern wall, or from a pillar in the centre, and then a set of broad bridges. Iknika looks around, and heads for one of the side stairs, and then for the upper right exit. Which then becomes a wide, tall tunnel filled with pedestrians. It's faintly lit by bowls of some glowing, yellow substance, and opens up to smaller side-tunnels now and then.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside Entrance]

Claire gawks like an obvious tourist as they travel into the mountain. She walks pretty near Iknika. There's a certain sense of pressure that's stopping her from being entirely comfortable... "You know, my parents tell me that back where my family came from, my great grandparents used to live underground like this. Well, not quite like this, but you know what I mean."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside]

Iknika's ears twitch.

"I guess that makes sense." Rabbits live in burrows, so rabbit people would live underground too, she figures. "So why did they move out?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside]

"Well, they didn't; it was my grandparents. And they never really chose. It's the Nexus, you know. People randomly show up here all the time. Same thing happened to them." Claire explains.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside]

Iknika nods.

"Yeah, it does that, doesn't it? Our family came here on our own. A lot of goblins did. And we built..." she gestures around her. "All this."

As she speaks, the duo enter another massive hall. This time, it's not circular. Rather, it's long, supported by columns in two rows, and with doors on each side.

"Hmm. The wolf pens are that way," Iknika says, picking a door to the right.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside]

"This is pretty crazy, yeah. This probably took years and years, right?" Claire follows closely behind, wanting to stay close to the one familiar person in a pretty crowded place.