New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Home 23

1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 23

Wizards' Tower

"Oh, you're a plains goblin? Not many of those back home. Anyway, this might be the kind of place you get if you ever get your own Staff. I think Cleo's is bigger but hers wasn't stuck on manually and she has a family to fit in anyway. Still, think you can deal with it?" he asks, looking out one of the little windows. Impossibly, there's one on each of the cardinal directions, even the one facing where the main tower should be.

The Wode- 4th Princess' House

Normally Sarina keeps the silk ladder stowed, but Alexis knows just the way to retrieve it. Good for keeping out pesky non-spider assassins. Or so she's told, at least.
    Sarina can be found snoozing on her web-hammock, wearing a very thin nightshirt. Her tree-house doesn't really have air conditioning. Alexis even gets to surprise her, if she so chooses. Ironically, the place is mostly clean and free of cobwebs except where they were obviously put there by the resident. Sarina isn't sure how people feel about her putting her own webs around. Is that weird? She feels like it might be weird.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Wode - 4th Princess's House]

Well, just look at Roth's house. Sure, she was weird, but not because she was a spider. Heck, Spider HQ was full of webs. Literally made of the stuff!

Alexis sneaks inside, takes a moment to admire the sleeping drider, and then makes her way over to the hammock, her aura slowly brightening like a rising sun to help wake her.
    "Sarina!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wode- 4th Princess' House

Sarina groans and slowly opens her eyes slightly, peering groggily through at Alexis and her miniature sun. Alexis' aura glints off all the little pictures of them and the town and the spiders that Sarina keeps around, plus the tiara on the shelf and the other glittery presents she's received from the other Princesses, the Queen, and Alexis.
    "Ugh, Alexis? What's up?" she whispers sleepily, leaning back in her web.

Cloudy Palace

Artie mistakes the Frescot for disparaging Azren, and she momentarily forgets her shyness to turn up her nose at the spectacled deer.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." she insists. Hopefully the Frescots don't trip over the 26 feet of floating snake-dragon that goes down the hallway.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-08-03 at 08:42 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184

Alexis dims a bit and goes to give the drider a quick kiss, snakes brushing her and softly hissing.
    "Um, well, Alkania, Message, that is, thinks I should leave the town for a while. Like a vacation, that is. I'm sure she's plotting something but maybe it really is a good idea to get out for a bit and, uh, I thought you might come with me!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Wode - 4th Princess's House]

Sarina smiles. "Oh! Well, then. Where are you going? Somewhere tropical, with a beach? I don't know if I actually own a bathing suit. I haven't gone swimming in..." she drifts off. Technically speaking she's been swimming once since her creation, and that was a ten minute thing while a wurm. So really, basically never. Not that it matters if Alexis is planning to go somewhere without water.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underside]

"Sounds good to me." Claire's sketches are very rough. There are a few different sketches, all just broad outlines, a few harder lines starting to define the beetle's shape more firmly. "What do you think? I'm trying to figure out which angle will work best. I kinda want to shift over and see if I can get a different look at it."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Cassandra's Tower]

Electra seems unperturbed by the manner in which Cassandra acquired the tower. She's heard the story dozens of times in the various taverns and bars by now; heck, she probably could have held onto that drone factory she freed the AI spirit in if she'd really wanted to, especially if she'd had the control over her electronic telepathy then that she does now, but ethics had won out there. She does chuckle appreciatively, though.

"I imagine they would be. Was your fellow adventurer not interested in keeping the place, then, or do they live here with you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cassandra's Tower]

"No. I think he's related to another Merc member, actually. His nephew, or something."

Cassandra brings the glasses of water back over, and sits on the couch, gesturing for Electra to sit as well, if she hasn't already done so.

"I live alone, at the moment."

Well, except for the lizard in the cage over there.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-08-04 at 05:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Sarina smiles. "Oh! Well, then. Where are you going? Somewhere tropical, with a beach? I don't know if I actually own a bathing suit. I haven't gone swimming in..." she drifts off. Technically speaking she's been swimming once since her creation, and that was a ten minute thing while a wurm. So really, basically never. Not that it matters if Alexis is planning to go somewhere without water.
    Alexis shrugs.
    "I haven't really been anywhere but here and Inside...but I was thinking somewhere on the ocean. Or maybe deep underground somewhere. Far away and different. What do you think?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Wode- 4th Princess' House]

"Well, underground is apparently a natural habitat for driders but I'm not actually that kind." Sarina is not part dark elf. Though that would match her purple color scheme better in theory. "I don't think normal spiders can actually swim though. And I don't really have much of a beach body anyway..." she says, getting all self-conscious about her plump figure again.

11. - Top - End - #191

"You aren't a normal spider, are you? And what do you mean by that?" Alexis chides. She twists aside and wraps her arms around Sarina, her admiration and desire obvious in her movements. But that's probably useless. It's not about what other people actually think; it's about what you think they're thinking, and how you feel about yourself.
    "Still, the ocean, probably. I was thinking this is my chance to do something of my own."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

[Wizards' Tower]

"I'm a hobgoblin, not a goblin," Batu corrects. "I think I can manage to share this place with you. So long as you don't mind me turning into a were-crocodile sometimes."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Wode- 4th Princess' House]

Sarina smiles. She doesn't even object to Alexis hugging her when she's slightly sweaty from sleeping in this air condition-less treehouse. She really ought to learn how to do that with magic.
    "Well...do you want to go now? I would have to pack, and shower. But you can check out a map, pick a place, get me a swimsuit from town while I do that. Meet up in an hour?" she proposes.

Wizards' Tower

The top level of the tower is a little bedroom. It's very warm, full of carpets and rugs and a normal looking plush bed.
    "So, there's only one bed but I guess I could sleep as a bird. Or just buy another one..." muses the dragon, loping around the room. It's just big enough to fit Spako as he curls around, but not on, the bed with some movement room to spare.

14. - Top - End - #194

Alexis nods.
    "Today, certainly. Okay, I'll see you soon."
    She slips back out of the treehouse and carefully descends the ladder. Sure, she could just float down, but that would be silly.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-08-04 at 08:17 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Town

One (and a half) hours later, Sarina skitters into town cleaned and ready, wearing a little pack on her huge abdomen and a thin but modest blouse, and waits outside the Temple for Alexis to come.

Though considering she's late, Alexis might already be there.

16. - Top - End - #196

NinjaGuy

[Cassandra's Tower]

Electra seats herself as Cassandra does and smiles, before taking a sip of the water the sorceress has brought.

"Huh, I wasn't aware there were families that worked for MERC. Though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by that." She takes another sip, and seems to consider for a moment, her gaze seemingly fixed on something over Cassandra's left shoulder, before she blinks and her gaze fixes itself once more on the sorceress. "So, the two questions I should probably ask first are, how much did Fayyaad tell you about my situation, and why did you choose to join MERC full-time as opposed to just being a licensee?" No sense in beating around the bush any further, it seems.

Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

[Wizards' Tower]

"You can turn into a bird, too?" Batu asks, momentarily distracted from other concerns.

[Underside]

Iknika shuffles over to Claire and looks at the sketches.

"I feel like it should be from the front, if I'm supposed to be riding it. We can go look for other angles, but I don't think its owners are used to someone drawing it," she adds with a grin.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-08-05 at 02:36 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Wizards' Tower

In response, Spako pops into his bird form, a pigeon-sized bird-of-paradise with red and swirling blues and greens and orange purples upon his breast, tail, and wings. And notably, the tall, ridiculous eyebrow feathers of a King of Saxony. He coos an affirmative sound and begins settling upon Batu's hair.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cassandra's Tower]

"I don't think he himself worked for MERC - I just happened to recognize the name of his uncle when he mentioned it," Cassandra clarifies.

"Fayyaad told me that you were trying to make a decision - you were wondering whether you wanted to take a larger role with MERC, join Vigil, or... sign on with one of the governments in Southside? Is that correct? As for why I chose to join MERC full-time as I did, frankly I just thought the benefits and access were more than worth the difference in autonomy. MERC's organization seems loose enough that I can continue to carry on mostly as I have - I'm not exactly a free agent anymore, but I haven't been absorbed into a rigid hierarchy, either."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

[Wizards' Tower]

Batu tilts his head.

"That's pretty impressive. I do have a pet bird, so I guess I'd bring him here if I moved in."

21. - Top - End - #201

NinjaGuy

[Cassandra's Tower]

Electra nods at Cassandra's explanation.

"That more or less sums it up. I've been thinking about joining a larger organization more formally for a bit, and the job offer from the General is more or less prompting me to get off my butt and make a decision about it." She grins in a friendly manner. "I've been working as a licensee for awhile now, but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to take the plunge and become a full-on member, join another org, or possibly start something of my own. A former VIGIL member once told me I'd be a good candidate for them, but I'm not so sure. Some of the rumors I've heard don't really match up with what I think would be a good fit. I get along well with Dena and Fayyaad and a few other MERC people; they remind me somewhat of the org I served before I landed in the Nexus, though it was a government and not a private firm. The offer from the General is tempting because it's more or less open as to what position I could have, but I'm not sure I want to be locked into one portion of one city. Admittedly, I like living in Southside, and I want to see it prosper, but I'm not sure I'd be a good fit with the rest of the staff, since I've mostly only worked with the General herself." She sighs. "I do have an idea for an organization of my own, but I don't really have the resources to start it. Not yet, anyways."

22. - Top - End - #202

Default [Skullfort Town]

One (and a half) hours later, Sarina skitters into town cleaned and ready, wearing a little pack on her huge abdomen and a thin but modest blouse, and waits outside the Temple for Alexis to come.

Though considering she's late, Alexis might already be there.
    Alexis is already there, seated just inside the temple walls speaking to one of the angels. At Sarina's approach, the steward flies off to its duties.
    For once, the gorgon is out of her uniform, wearing a long skirt of woven darkness, a button-happy purple blouse, and a short scarf with long tasseled fringes hanging down over her chest. A little backpack sits on the ground next to her, and the snakes are twining and twisting, marveling at the town. Even if the times they get to come out of the temple like this aren't 'none', they still are pretty rare.

"What...kept you so long?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

[Skullfort Town]

Sarina gives her a sheepish smile.
    "I got halfway here when I realized that I forgot my sketchbook! And your seat." she admits bashfully. She also managed to forget to bring any sort of hat for the sun. Though her large deer-ears can make hats hard anyway.
    "Did you pick me out something nice?" she asks, trying to change the subject.

24. - Top - End - #204

Default [Skullfort Town]

Alexis is lucky that her aura protects her from getting sunburned.
    "Well, alright. Here! We didn't have anything specifically for spiders, but that should be okay."
    Sarina is presented with a ruffly swim top (white with purple stars), a cap shaped to fit around silly ears, and a set of goggles.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Skullfort Town

Sarina can at least protect herself from the sun. Still hasn't figured out air conditioning, though. She giggles at Alexis' choice.
    "Is my abdomen really on your mind this often, Your Holiness? Aren't you supposed to be above such temptations?" she teases, sitting down for Alexis to take a seat, or possibly put Sarina's cap on her head.

Wizards' Tower

Spako stubbornly refuses to fall out of his new nest in Batu's hair. He twitters at Batu in draconic, and the hobgoblin's instinctive understanding of crocodile language means he might catch "yes" and "head back" indicating that he should return to the main tower.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-08-06 at 12:48 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

[Wizards' Tower]

Batu is confused by suddenly understanding a bird's twittering, but he does head back to the main tower. Carrying Spako on his head. He figures it's only fair.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Halfling in the Playground

Cloudy Palace

Artie mistakes the Frescot for disparaging Azren, and she momentarily forgets her shyness to turn up her nose at the spectacled deer.
    "I don't know what you're talking about." she insists. Hopefully the Frescots don't trip over the 26 feet of floating snake-dragon that goes down the hallway.
    [Cloudy Palace]

The bespectacled Frescot makes a 'tch' sound and walks past her, along with still more of the fresh woodland horde. Further down the hall, she might feel someone step on her tail, although not very hard, and a couple of others gently poke at it with their toes. Not seeming to realize what it connects to, initially.

On the bright side, a sturdy-looking antlered man suddenly appears on either side of her to pay her due attention! One is broad and thick, dressed in the drooping skin of some great lizard, and the other is muscular to a showy degree, with a mantle of pale white spots on the skin around his neck and shoulders. The first carries an old, well-used green lounge sofa over one shoulder at a jaunty angle, standing stock straight as if he were bearing no weight at all. And the second is... oh. He's quite naked, except for flowing rings of beads and leather weapon-straps wrapped diagonally around his middle.

"You must be Artie!" Blusters the first.
    "Do you have a place you want us to put these?" Asks the second, and Artie might notice he's carrying bundles of tapestries or rugs under his arms with great long brass banisters.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #208

Default [Skullfort Town]

Sarina can at least protect herself from the sun. Still hasn't figured out air conditioning, though. She giggles at Alexis' choice.
    "Is my abdomen really on your mind this often, Your Holiness? Aren't you supposed to be above such temptations?" she teases, sitting down for Alexis to take a seat, or possibly put Sarina's cap on her head.
    "What? No!" Alexis protests, flustered. One of the snakes hisses at Sarina disapprovingly.
    But as she gets in the saddle she seems to find her feet, metaphorically.
    "But as for being above temptations, mm, not at all. What kind of an example would I be then?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Cassandra's Tower]

Electra nods at Cassandra's explanation.

"That more or less sums it up. I've been thinking about joining a larger organization more formally for a bit, and the job offer from the General is more or less prompting me to get off my butt and make a decision about it." She grins in a friendly manner. "I've been working as a licensee for awhile now, but I wasn't sure whether I wanted to take the plunge and become a full-on member, join another org, or possibly start something of my own. A former VIGIL member once told me I'd be a good candidate for them, but I'm not so sure. Some of the rumors I've heard don't really match up with what I think would be a good fit. I get along well with Dena and Fayyaad and a few other MERC people; they remind me somewhat of the org I served before I landed in the Nexus, though it was a government and not a private firm. The offer from the General is tempting because it's more or less open as to what position I could have, but I'm not sure I want to be locked into one portion of one city. Admittedly, I like living in Southside, and I want to see it prosper, but I'm not sure I'd be a good fit with the rest of the staff, since I've mostly only worked with the General herself." She sighs. "I do have an idea for an organization of my own, but I don't really have the resources to start it. Not yet, anyways."
    [Cassandra's Tower]

Cassandra gives a thoughtful frown as Electra explains her situation - a frown that deepens slightly when Electra mentions Vigil, though that emotion is smoothed over quickly.

"All I know of the General are some of the circumstances of their invasion of Southside. It's been a while since there's been an active warzone in that area, but I don't think they'll be fully stable for a while. I know there's at least one other Faction that's trying to lay claim to the whole area, not to mention the dozens of independent actors who've used the chaos to carve out independent enclaves of their own. Adventurers and religious enclaves that don't want to be inside the jurisdiction of any other city government, mostly, but at least one of them is some kind of demi-goddess that's gained the title of "Empress", somehow. None of them would willingly recognize the General's rule or law, I'd bet. I don't doubt she'd treat you fairly, if you chose to work for her, but still - I'd be cautious of tying yourself to that situation too closely."

"As for Vigil... well, I'm not up to date on all the most recent rumors."
    The place had always seemed to attract quite a lot of them.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wizards' Tower]

Batu is confused by suddenly understanding a bird's twittering, but he does head back to the main tower. Carrying Spako on his head. He figures it's only fair.
    Wizards' Tower

Spako reverts to kobold shape once they're back down the stairs, just so Batu knows what all three of his shapes look like.
    "So, whaddaya wanna see now? Kitchen? Gardens? Bed?" he asks the hobgoblin.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Cloudy Palace]

The bespectacled Frescot makes a 'tch' sound and walks past her, along with still more of the fresh woodland horde. Further down the hall, she might feel someone step on her tail, although not very hard, and a couple of others gently poke at it with their toes. Not seeming to realize what it connects to, initially.

On the bright side, a sturdy-looking antlered man suddenly appears on either side of her to pay her due attention! One is broad and thick, dressed in the drooping skin of some great lizard, and the other is muscular to a showy degree, with a mantle of pale white spots on the skin around his neck and shoulders. The first carries an old, well-used green lounge sofa over one shoulder at a jaunty angle, standing stock straight as if he were bearing no weight at all. And the second is... oh. He's quite naked, except for flowing rings of beads and leather weapon-straps wrapped diagonally around his middle.

"You must be Artie!" Blusters the first.
    "Do you have a place you want us to put these?" Asks the second, and Artie might notice he's carrying bundles of tapestries or rugs under his arms with great long brass banisters.
    Cloudy Palace

Since Artie is floating, it's more like being kicked. Artie's tail instinctively lashes out at being struck, likely whacking the curious Frescots in the face.
    "Oh goodness I'm sorry!" she calls, bashfully shifting into the much more space-conscious doe-like shape Azren designed for her, though she's white and blue instead of the tan/brown he envisioned because of her stubborn shifting traits. Her short skirt appears now that she's biped but it's not enough to hide the spots on her backside and upper legs.
    "Uh, you can put them in the foyer." she says, trying hard and failing at not staring and being conscious at being looked at herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "What? No!" Alexis protests, flustered. One of the snakes hisses at Sarina disapprovingly.
    But as she gets in the saddle she seems to find her feet, metaphorically.
    "But as for being above temptations, mm, not at all. What kind of an example would I be then?"
    Skullfort Town

Sarina giggles. "It's fine, Alexis. I like that you love my stars. Gods know I'd be hard-pressed to find someone so interested in dating someone with a shape like this. You set an excellent example." she giggles, standing up with Alexis on top. "So where are we going? I don't know how far I can carry you but I will do my best."