New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Worm WW

1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Worm WW

((Major town points for Ronnoc for the accusation, even if I'm not sold on Iceseer yet.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    His point still stands you have the unique position of giving and replicating powers uncapped besides the limit on yourself.

However she might know the your cape will have access to someone and be able to gain the powers of someone that she couldn't get to join with Cauldron.
    It's possible you just were guessing off of other posters in thread or that you went on a wiki walk but it looks suspicious to me.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Really being sceptical on everyone you do not know already know who they are seems to be the best strategy. From someone who's never played this before.
    thanks for linkele for my avatar

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wait what? Have any of you seen me play a werewolf game before. Yes I don't want anyone to die we do not have enough information to know who is and Isn't on which side. I do not want to send a potential ally to their death. Especially since I do not have enough information. I have ever even mentioned cauldron. So please point out what in my Sig seems to look that way.
    I am playing a worm game sure. I have never read the story. So hey if you want to see that go to the finding player's recruitment thing. My power was generated by the dm. Which never even mentioned cauldron.

Then Chuck is for another game I'd playing.

The other thing is a genuine request due to circumstances.

But due to you wanting to put suspicion on me with no real evidence back what you are saying seems to me that you are acting really wolfish.
    So changing my vote to Ronnoc not like it matters as I'll find out soon enough.
    Okay, this would be really, really suspicious if you weren't new.

First, as I mentioned earlier, though it wasn't directed at you, standard practice around these parts is to lynch someone D1. Yes, you're right, there's not much to go on, and you may not like it. But if nobody ever lynches anyone, the only evidence we have is claims and night kills. Which aren't good evidence for the most part. We have to lynch people every day just for there to be enough evidence for town to function.

And I believe that Ronnoc was looking at the table you have set up for "Daniel Flannigan." Which, uh. Does make use of the PRT ratings system. Now, I see that's to do with something unrelated to this game, which is fine. But that, I think, was Ronnoc's point.

Really being sceptical on everyone you do not know already know who they are seems to be the best strategy. From someone who's never played this before.
    Absolutely! Everyone is a potential enemy. Unless there's really, really good reason to suppose otherwise, everyone is a potential wolf.

Except Murska, who is definitely a wolf, and always a wolf. (Before you ask, it's a meme around these parts. If you've not been to the Werewolf Central thread and checked out the selection of memes, I advise you do so.)
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

5. - Top - End - #125

So if murska is always a wolf wouldn't that mean it's a good idea to vote for him?

Well Silent interum you seem to be the most useful one here.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-05-27 at 11:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    Except in some situations near the end game, you don't want a no lynch as town. Lynches aren't just for lynching someone, they're also a big source of information that builds up. A no lynch basically gives the wolves a free night kill.
    Okay then I'll vote for Technetium because Forum Explorer's logic seems sound.
    Last edited by Konatsat; 2017-05-29 at 10:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127

So is there a certain number of people who have to vote for one person or is it just the highest number of votes is lynched?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

So is there a certain number of people who have to vote for one person or is it just the highest number of votes is lynched?
    Highest number of votes, regardless of quantity. If nobody has a positive number of votes, nobody gets lynched.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kartoffelbrein View Post
    Okay then I'll vote for Technetium because Forum Explorer's logic seems sound.
    Like I said, that was just to make a pun off of his name (Libro = Libra = Balance), because no one had done anything suspicious yet. However, given that I have more information at this point, I'd like to switch my vote to Murska, not for the purpose of OMGUS, but because just saying someone is getting 'town points' for making an observation and accusing someone seems very suspicious to me. This might just be another board quirk, but just from what I know it definitely seems like Murska has a bit too much information. Pointing out that people are doing good work seems more like they're attempting to manipulate how people are voting.

Do you have anything to say in response to this?
    Last edited by Technetium43; 2017-05-27 at 02:17 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Technetium43 View Post
    Like I said, that was just to make a pun off of his name (Libro = Libra = Balance), because no one had done anything suspicious yet. However, given that I have more information at this point, I'd like to switch my vote to Murska, not for the purpose of OMGUS, but because just saying someone is getting 'town points' for making an observation and accusing someone seems very suspicious to me. This might just be another board quirk, but just from what I know it definitely seems like Murska has a bit too much information. Pointing out that people are doing good work seems more like they're attempting to manipulate how people are voting.

Do you have anything to say in response to this?
    ((I don't think giving town reads is suspicious, because it's extremely beneficial to the Town. Likewise, I don't believe attempts to get the town to actively hunt the wolves and encouraging people who are doing so are signs of a wolf, because again, that's exactly what we should be doing if we're Town.

Of course, given that I tend to do that regardless of my role, it should read as null on my part and people should be suspicious of me if I appear to be allowing the Town to not play effectively instead. But whether or not I am a wolf, I'm currently one of the only people in the thread who is actively pushing Town to find the wolves, to pressure people and to be active, and that is unquestionably good for us so lynching me would be a poor move. The S9 are going to have to nightkill me sooner rather than later anyway, or I'll find them and kill them all.

As an aside, I'd like Tom the Mime to respond on the pressure on him.

EDIT: Are you really going to ask me for a response and then not be around ten minutes later to read it?))
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-05-27 at 01:27 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Highest number of votes, regardless of quantity. If nobody has a positive number of votes, nobody gets lynched.
    Clarifying on this from earlier, since I missed a memo: somebody gets lynched every day regardless of vote counts. So, first part is right, second part is wrong.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Duck999 1 - Thematthew
    flat_footed 1 - Tom the Mime
    Thematthew 1 - Silent_Interim
    Forum Explorer 1 - Eternis
    Tom the Mime 3 - Iceseer, rakkoon, aberattio ictus
    C'Nor 1 - Ronnoc
    Technetium 3 - Murska, Forum Explorer, Kartoffelbrein
    ImperatorV 1 - Xihirli
    rakkoon 1 - Iceseer
    Ronnoc 1 - Iceseer

@Iceseer: Make sure to either strikethrough or remove the color tags for old/changed votes. Depending on Ramsus and AV's read, your vote may go to one you didn't intend to keep your vote on. As it stands, Tom the Mime was your first vote so that is likely your current lynch target despite your later posts.

As for myself, I'll keep the pressure on Tom the Mime.

There are 35 possible roles and 21 players. I'm trying to figure out which people would get which WW powers. Trickster would be easily seen as a Vortexer, Crawler could be the Beast, though I think it's in town's interest to figure out what our and their likely capabilities are.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-05-27 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #133

I don't suppose Bonesaw is a valid vote? No, that'd be too easy. A young woman muses to herself. Turning her focus outwards again, she speaks up. It's to our advantage to make people talk as much as possible. I'll add to the pressure on Tom the Mime in the hopes that he'll provide some information.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2017-05-27 at 05:53 PM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

((I don't think giving town reads is suspicious, because it's extremely beneficial to the Town. Likewise, I don't believe attempts to get the town to actively hunt the wolves and encouraging people who are doing so are signs of a wolf, because again, that's exactly what we should be doing if we're Town.

Of course, given that I tend to do that regardless of my role, it should read as null on my part and people should be suspicious of me if I appear to be allowing the Town to not play effectively instead. But whether or not I am a wolf, I'm currently one of the only people in the thread who is actively pushing Town to find the wolves, to pressure people and to be active, and that is unquestionably good for us so lynching me would be a poor move. The S9 are going to have to nightkill me sooner rather than later anyway, or I'll find them and kill them all.

As an aside, I'd like Tom the Mime to respond on the pressure on him.

EDIT: Are you really going to ask me for a response and then not be around ten minutes later to read it?))
    Very sorry about the late response, was helping someone IRL with character creation. And now that I'm taking a step back, I sorta get where you're coming from. I can understand the desire to move things along, and providing that sort of pressure is a good way to get people to start incriminating themselves. I'll go ahead and withdraw my vote, and add it to the Tom the Mime pile for the time being, as anything to help kickstart the flow of information is a good idea.
    Last edited by Technetium43; 2017-05-27 at 10:16 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

((That is a large wagon. Let's let Tom reply before more of us leap on.

Edit: @^
    Uh-huh. How do you know that? Masons, Lovers or S9?))
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-05-27 at 02:27 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

I really think we need to keep Tom the Mime. He is extremely useful. I changed my votes to counteract that. And look I will literally take some his votes if people want to give them to me. I will delete my previous earlier votes.
    Okay, now THAT is suspicious.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

17. - Top - End - #137

I cancel all my prior votes and vote for flat_footed so let's go on that train please. Or mine I am suspicious after all. It would be a short introduction but hey I could play again.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-05-27 at 02:52 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

I really think we need to keep Tom the Mime. He is extremely useful. I changed my votes to counteract that. And look I will literally take some his votes if people want to give them to me. I will delete my previous earlier votes.
    Are... you trying to get lynched? Like actively encouraging people to vote for you when we're this early on is absolutely not how you want to do things. It can be a useful tool somewhat later in the vein of 'hey if you lynch me then you'll know that my story was correct meaning we can solve out who's scum or not', but there's literally no use to trying to get yourself lynched day 1 unless you're a Beast or a Joker. Not to mention throwing people who've talked to you in confidence under the bus is a rather unclassy move, especially if they're 'extremely useful'. At this point you're basically putting the burden of innocence on Tom the Mime rather than yourself.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

((Being new makes you less likely to die.

So, Tom contacted you privately, claimed a team alignment and provided help? What kind of help, and did he have any proof he isn't S9? Also why Technetium, just because he is nearest wagon?))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140

I really am a screwup. Go ahead and lynch me i'm not that useful anyways. It's blunder after blunder from me. can you please forget about it.
    Last edited by Iceseer; 2017-05-27 at 02:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand this whole "adding pressure to Tom the Mime thing," since the reason for voting Tom the Mime was only because mime's are creepy. Is there any reason Tom the Mime, who has been more active than others deserves pressure over someone like me, who hasn't done anything yet? I'll vote flat_footed for (as far as I can see) starting this whole adding pressure thing when he should know better.
    Last edited by Duck999; 2017-05-29 at 10:32 AM.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay, I was originally planning to be more circumspect about this but Iceseer's post (which they seem to have deleted) means that doesn't really matter. I started off in contact with Iceseer as, in character, they're my sister (and not Cherish). Their role is actually reasonably useful but I don't think they understand the relative usefulness of different roles yet.

Is this enough to go with for now?

Edit: as a note about day one lynch votes because of being a mime, that joke is so old it had whiskers. It gets annoying when it happens too much though.
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-05-27 at 04:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

((Okay. No reason to be circumspect. We have a Panacea/Glory Girl claim here. GG is probably immune to NKs to some extent, Panacea is probably not and is also rather important story-wise. I would like our Baner on Tom, I'll see if I can't keep Iceseer alive myself. And counterclaim if you're one of the two named roles but not Tom or Iceseer.

flat_footed ))
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-05-29 at 02:25 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm not claiming GG or Panacea
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    I'm not claiming GG or Panacea
    ((I stand corrected. Hm... Why would Laserdream and Shielder start in contact? Their powers don't counteract the mist.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Iceseer, please stop trying to help and take a step back and look at things and how they might seem to both town and wolves. I'm pretty sure you're trying to help but it's really, really not helping.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and take the plunge here, and change my vote to Iceseer. And here's why. See, if they are in fact masons with eachother, and we lynch Iceseer day one, well, oops. BUT, we then have a CONFIRMED town, meaning we can have the baner block him tonight, all claim to him, making it much easier to figure out who the scum are. And if Iceseer is scum... then we know that Tom is also scum. Two for the price of one, grandma! I'm leaning towards the latter however, as just looking at the role list, it's HIGHLY unlikely to me that Shielder and Laserdream are 1. in the game at all, and 2. masons.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, mimes and Worm in the same context has positive connotations to me, given Silencio.
    Last edited by Technetium43; 2017-05-27 at 08:53 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Ok there are three sets of possible siblings: Laserdream and Shielder, Regent and Cherish, and finally Panacea and Glory Girl.

Shielder and Lazerdream have purely physical powers, generation of forcefields, flight and projecting lasers. I can't see how this set would allow them to recogize eachother and it doesn't really fit Iceseer's deleted post.

Regent and Cherish have variations on mind control. Regent controls bodies and Cherish has emotional sense/control. Both of them could potentially bypass the miasma with Cherish being more likely. It'd be an interesting twist for them to start aware of eachother though given that they're on opposite teams.

Panacea is a potential game ender as she can reverse the miasma. Presumably giving full awareness of who's in play to whoever she uses her power on.

Now that I think about it though there is one other possibility. Ramsus and Avatar Vecna could have gone meta and assigned someone to be imp without adding them to the list of possible characters. Given Imp's power screws heavily with perception I'm not sure how it would interact with the miasma.
    Last edited by Ronnoc; 2017-05-27 at 05:30 PM.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

29. - Top - End - #149
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Now that I think about it though there is one other possibility. Ramsus and Avatar Vecna could have gone meta and assigned someone to be imp without adding them to the list of possible characters. Given Imp's power screws heavily with perception I'm not sure how it would interact with the miasma.
    I'm writing an actual post, but god damn do I love that theory. Bravo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I don't understand this whole "adding pressure to Tom the Mime thing," since the reason for voting Tom the Mime was only because mime's are creepy. Is there any reason Tom the Mime, who has been more active than others deserves pressure over someone like me, who hasn't done anything yet? I'll vote flat_footed for (as far as I can see) starting this whole adding pressure thing when he should know better.
    A few points:

Murska broached the subject of bringing pressure on Tom, not me.
    When I voted, it brought Tom the Mime even with Technetium (assuming Iceseer's vote counted for Ronnoc), not pushed the pressure over the top. Bringing Tom to an even vote count is hardly overdoing the pressure.
    ImperatorV and Technetium both voted after me, actively pushing the pressure to the red line. for a 5-3 majority

That being said, I'll withdraw my vote for now since Tom and Iceseer have been claiming as linked. Whether or not it's as sisters is another story. I'll continue a review of the thread to see whom my vote will go towards.

Possible Pairs:

GG and Panacea
    Flechette and Parian
    Othala and Victor
    Laserdream and Shielder
    ((Grue and Imp)) - Just cause I love that theory.

No way would Regent and Cherish be connected, I would think
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-05-27 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #150

GG and Panacea would make a lot of sense since Panacea is immune to the miasma, but Tom said they're not claiming GG or Panacea... The Grue and Imp theory could work - Imp cannonically could not be detected by Bonesaw, so she could be in the game without the S9 knowing she is in the game and putting her on the list.

Taken my vote off Tom the Mime for now. I'm not really sure who to vote for next, I'm not seeing a lot of reason to lynch flat_footed, although there's rarely much reason for first day lynches.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!