New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Small change to sorcerer--is this unbalanced? Opinions welcome

I've been wondering for a while if it would be unbalanced if the sorcerer's Twin metamagic read
    When you cast a spell that targets only one creature or object and doesn't have a range of self, you can spend a number of sorcery points equal to the spell's level to target a second creature or object in range with the same spell...
    Mainly I just want to be able to twin Holy Weapon with a divine soul sorcerer, or elemental weapon with a sorcerer-bard multiclass, etc. Does this seem overpowered? What are your thoughts?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Small change to sorcerer--is this unbalanced? Opinions welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Bitters View Post
    I've been wondering for a while if it would be unbalanced if the sorcerer's Twin metamagic read

Mainly I just want to be able to twin Holy Weapon with a divine soul sorcerer, or elemental weapon with a sorcerer-bard multiclass, etc. Does this seem overpowered? What are your thoughts?
    Twinning Spell with a Divine Soul is already quite good.

Twin Healing Word
    Twin Sanctuary

These two are your bread'n'butter early on.

Spiritual Weapon is a nice bonus if you have no plan on using your bonus actions for other things (which I keep open for healing word normally, it's so efficient, it's ranged and it's scaling).

Animate Object has already a weird wording for what you want.

Twinning a spell let you grab Haste... and have Sanctuary avaialble in case it goes horribly wrong (the gamble is now often safe).