New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Agents of Shield VI: I am an Agent of SHIELD

Thinking about it, I'm semi-amused by how easily Ghost Rider curb-stomped every opponent this season, even though they kept under-selling his power level.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Can you beat Aida?"

"I dunno, she's pretty strong."

*FIVE SECONDS LATER*

"Who wants her jawbone as a trophy?"

BTW, he had some gruesome robot kills this episode. Yeesh.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-05-17 at 02:15 AM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler: He's Baaaaaaack
    Show
    Ahh, Skullboy. Possibly my least favorite character in the MCU, apart from the entire cast of a movie that just opened.

I figured Skullboy would be key to destroying Aida, but the actual fight was anticlimactic. Swish, bamf, burn Aida with chain.

And how exactly did Skullboy’s better half get into Coulson?
    Spoiler
    Show
    First, answer to the question: It's been shown (see e.g. Mack) that the Rider can temporarily make a contract with somebody else. What we don't know is what Coulson gave it in exchange for the temporary contract.

Moving on: I really disliked how they used Robbie in this episode. I feel they squandered the character's potential. I mean, I get using him - it ties the season together nicely. But... Well, let me step back.

Season starts, Daisy is on her own, we have the ghosts on one hand and the Rider on the other. Book is revealed, ghosts are destroyed, Uncle goes nuts, Rider destroys Uncle (and himself vanishes in the process). However, due to ghost-exposure, Radcliffe does brain-stuff to May, ultimately leading to the basics of Aida's intelligence; Aida then reads the Book and develops the framework for the Framework, setting off an LMD crisis and the entire second half of the season. So it makes sense that Robbie would return, so that the Rider could finish the last of the Book-related madness. It puts a nice, neat little bow on things, and it's infuriatingly contrived.

But as I said, disliked how they used Robbie. He shows up, announces that he's been going on an awesome and lonely Hell adventure and is now a gigabadass, and proceeds to curb-stomp things, even without the Rider. It feels like the writers painted themselves into a corner with the unkillable regenerating teleporting lightning-rod villain, so they just brought in their unkillable anything-killer to clean it up.

Spoiler: Is Fitz That Good An Actor?
    Show
    Did Fitz know that Aida was torturing a Jemmabot? Is he really that good at faking desperate misery?

And if not—if he thought Aida killed Jemma—then why wasn’t Fitz overcome with joy, relief, confusion and even more guilt when he sees the real Jemma is alive?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think he knew it was a Jemma!Bot and he was just good at acting. You notice how quickly he got his chill back as soon as Aida left. And as mentioned, the "It's all your fault" comment is so completely out of character for Jemma that it would have been obvious to anyone but Aida.

Spoiler: Daisy's Turn as Starship Captain
    Show
    Seriously, she needs a Starfleet uniform after that speech at the end about staying with the team.

It wasn’t much of a speech in itself, and at that point in the episode it was just one more thing piled in. They tried to do way too much here, and everything was crammed in at odd angles.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, the bookends, and obnoxious ones at that. It annoyed me for two reasons. First, it annoyed me because it was a cliche anvil, and I don't need cliche anvils - or any other kinds of anvil - dropped on me by a late-night spy-fi program. Second, it annoyed me because it hearkened back to when Daisy was playing the lone wolf, and it was annoying and stupid when she did it then, too. I get that Fitz should be mildly traumatized by what he did in the Framework, I totally get it. But his reaction - his stubborn refusal to say anything but, "Nope, that was me, I'm a monster, the end," instead of acknowledge anything anybody says - whether it actually helps him or not - is annoying and stupid, and tying it back to Daisy at the beginning of the season only hammers that home. Ugh.

Spoiler: The Best Scene
    Show
    Agreed that Radcliffe’s final line was the best scene in the episode.

And it would’ve been perfect if that had been the very last scene.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know about perfect last scene, but it was absolutely brilliant, and gave his arc closure.

From the moment we met Radcliffe, he was seeking immortality. We first met him as a black market transhumanist scientist specializing in cybernetics, which we later found out stemmed from his desire for immortality. We then found out why he wanted immortality - he wanted to save the woman he loved, and he couldn't bear to stay and watch her die. Later, he developed a rapport with Fitz, and you realize that Fitz could have been his immortality - his living legacy - if he didn't succeed. Finally, he completes the Framework, and although frustrated when he's murdered in real life, he's content to spend his eternity with the woman he loves. When she is killed, it breaks him completely. That last scene is him finally acknowledging that immortality is beyond his reach, and that it would be meaningless without the woman who motivated the entire thing. It's beautiful, and brings him to a perfect close.

Spoiler: Really Confused, Part I
    Show
    Okay…who was it that caught the team at the end? And used the green flash drive thingy to paralyze them?

And the stinger. I really don’t get the stinger. Is Coulson now a brainwashed asteroid miner? Is this yet another mind-trapped-in-fake-world scenario? Because the Framework was fun, but come on now.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Really Confused, Part II
    Show
    So…about the Inhumans media…project…thing.

It’s a movie…but it’s also a TV series? A movie leading directly to a TV series? Or the pilot episode shown in theaters?
    Spoiler
    Show
    There have been articles up about it. It's expected to be a TV series. I'm guessing they're airing a movie-length pilot in theaters as a big premiere event.

The cast is good, so that's something, at least.

Don't be confused by its placement at the end of this episode. It's not expected to have anything to do with AoS other than the use of Inhumans.

Spoiler: Mack
    Show
    One last thing. On the one hand, I get how Hope ultimately being deleted was basically the only thing that would get Mack to leave the Framework. I get that, and it was suitably heartbreaking.

What annoys me is how quickly he got over it. Gets back to the real world, and he's fine. He's chill. Hells, the way he's looking at Yo-Yo you'd think he's just about ready to make Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Look at May, who still grimaces at what she did in the Framework, and was legitimately horrified when she realized her role in Mace's real-world death. Look at Fitz, who's a hot mess over it. Look at Jemma, who has a whole lot of unresolved rage issues. Dakka dakka dakka.

Now look at Mack, who just lost his daughter for a second time. And he's... Fine? Because those years he had with her are a part of him, now, so it doesn't hurt at all, really? That's some bunk right there. I could see him and Yo-Yo embracing while he sobs silently, the whole "finding comfort in her arms" thing would be totally fitting and tragic and great. Instead, it's just, "Nah, I think I can start a real family now, here, with you, perhaps, let's find a room and get on that." The tonal shift is a bit much, is my point.

Spoiler: Some Damn Fine Pie
    Show
    One more last thing. That last scene? Pie in a diner? Totally expecting Kyle McLachlan to show up. Way to let me down, show.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Show
    One last thing. On the one hand, I get how Hope ultimately being deleted was basically the only thing that would get Mack to leave the Framework. I get that, and it was suitably heartbreaking.

What annoys me is how quickly he got over it. Gets back to the real world, and he's fine. He's chill. Hells, the way he's looking at Yo-Yo you'd think he's just about ready to make Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Look at May, who still grimaces at what she did in the Framework, and was legitimately horrified when she realized her role in Mace's real-world death. Look at Fitz, who's a hot mess over it. Look at Jemma, who has a whole lot of unresolved rage issues. Dakka dakka dakka.

Now look at Mack, who just lost his daughter for a second time. And he's... Fine? Because those years he had with her are a part of him, now, so it doesn't hurt at all, really? That's some bunk right there. I could see him and Yo-Yo embracing while he sobs silently, the whole "finding comfort in her arms" thing would be totally fitting and tragic and great. Instead, it's just, "Nah, I think I can start a real family now, here, with you, perhaps, let's find a room and get on that." The tonal shift is a bit much, is my point.

Show
    Mack is grieving over something he already grieved over, and now remembers grieving over. His regrets from the framework aren't "I did horrible things" but "I lost something, my child, my family. I want a new one."

He spent years in the real world wondering what dad life would have been. Wondering what Hope would have been like, thinking about what might have been.
    He got it. He got to know her, the child he had lost. It hurts to lose her again, but now instead of wondering what might have been, if he'd have done right by his daughter, what he'd be like as a dad, he knows. And he's ready to make it real.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Show
    Mack is grieving over something he already grieved over, and now remembers grieving over. His regrets from the framework aren't "I did horrible things" but "I lost something, my child, my family. I want a new one."

He spent years in the real world wondering what dad life would have been. Wondering what Hope would have been like, thinking about what might have been.
    He got it. He got to know her, the child he had lost. It hurts to lose her again, but now instead of wondering what might have been, if he'd have done right by his daughter, what he'd be like as a dad, he knows. And he's ready to make it real.
    Spoiler
    Show
    See, I can see that. I can totally see that. I just see it taking more time.

Think about how long it took the rest of the team to assimilate having lived two lives. And for the most part, they were able to dismiss some of the pain of it, with the mantra of "it wasn't real."

Mack just wakes up, sheds a single tear, and a scene later he's already moving forward. I agree that, now that he has those memories, he's ready to move forward instead of letting doubt hold him back. But I feel like it would take more time to get him there. Cramming it into this episode just feels too rushed, the emotional growth doesn't feel genuine.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Think about how long it took the rest of the team to assimilate having lived two lives. And for the most part, they were able to dismiss some of the pain of it, with the mantra of "it wasn't real."

Mack just wakes up, sheds a single tear, and a scene later he's already moving forward. I agree that, now that he has those memories, he's ready to move forward instead of letting doubt hold him back. But I feel like it would take more time to get him there. Cramming it into this episode just feels too rushed, the emotional growth doesn't feel genuine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This might be related to the fact that this is the final episode and they'll have him touch more on his feelings later. One could argue his rushing to start a family with Yo-Yo is because he IS grief struck. This is his method of coping, hiding it inside and trying to move on as quickly as possible. It could also be a religion thing, cause I'm pretty sure the people who've shown the most horror at the framework are the people who are pretty clearly non religious? That might just be silly though.

Another potential silly idea is that the Spirit of Vengeance consumed a lot of the pain tied to that, so while it still affects Mack, it isn't affecting him as much as it normally would because our good friend a skull ate his grief.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    While I agree that it probably should have taken a bit more time - in the form of a single chest-beating scene to let us know it did happen - the episode was already crammed to the gills and I suspect it might have been left in the cutting floor.

However, to play's Devil's Advocate, you could argue that he did have the time: once he woke up, he recovered the memories of 10 years of dealing with the death of his actual daughter. He had, in some manner, already moved on and managed to deal with the grief in this reality, and when he woke up, all those memories and "movings on" where back in his head, after being repressed. This is not comparable to Fitz, who had never been an evil a-hole before he went into the matrix, nor May, who was never an enforcer for the nazis.

Mac was a father who had lost his daughter outside, and he just was forced to go through the whole thing a second time - but when he woke, it wasn't a shift to what he used to be, just two sets of lives going through the same trauma, time shifted by about 8 years. Instead of having to deal with the fact that, if things had gone different he'd be an evil bastard (like Fitz or May), he is just, painfully, being reminded that he could have had a daughter, and she would have been great. But he has been dealing with that pain before the matrix, just with a fresh coat of paint on it.

Grey Wolf
    Last edited by Grey_Wolf_c; 2017-05-17 at 10:28 AM.
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

7. - Top - End - #67

Just a quick note that up fronts are out, and it looks like ABC is moving the Marvel shows to Friday night (the 9/8 slot opposite Hawaii Five-0).

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Just a quick note that up fronts are out, and it looks like ABC is moving the Marvel shows to Friday night (the 9/8 slot opposite Hawaii Five-0).
    That's the slot of death, right?

I'd be fine with that, if they really do let the series end. A good last season, give the characters a happy ever after or a hero's death, and call the story complete.

GW
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't think this needs a spoiler, but just in case:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else catch the off-hand comment from the Superior about how his body was designed "Only for Killing" One could almost say that he's a Mechanical-Organism, Designed Only for Killing, perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Who
    Loving that fluff, loving it so much. If that fluff was a person I'd marry it.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post

I'd be fine with that, if they really do let the series end. A good last season, give the characters a happy ever after or a hero's death, and call the story complete.

GW
    In all likelihood, Season 5 will be the last outing for Agents of Shield. Which is perfectly OK — the story has to end at some point, and it feels like we're nearing the point where at least some of the characters are ready to ride into the sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else catch the off-hand comment from the Superior about how his body was designed "Only for Killing" One could almost say that he's a Mechanical-Organism, Designed Only for Killing, perhaps?
    No, I missed that! Good catch! But if you think about it, the Russian is kind of is a perfect stand-in for that character, since he's just a head now.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-05-17 at 01:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Bowerbird View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I looked up some information online and discovered that at some point ...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... MODOK upgraded to MODOK Superior.

So yeah, I think it's very intentional.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-05-17 at 01:15 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Spoiler: SPOILER
    Show
    I believe that the team is on a spaceship/station and will make an appearance in the next Avengers. Somehow linking Guardians to what is happening on Earth. Coulson united the Avengers in death, he can unite them again in life. Granted most of the Avengers will be pissed that he was in hiding for years without saying "hi". I did not get a good look at the ships or background, could they be on the dark side of the moon with the Inhumans?
    So I said to myself "SELF, if I were you, and I think I am, I would be beside myself in embarrassment, so slap myself silly."

13. - Top - End - #73

Technically, no. That'd be the 5 slots opposite the stiffest ratings competition, which would be NCIS (where Fox moved Lethal Weapon), Bull, NCIS LA, The Voice and NCIS NoLa (where AoS spent last season). CBS Friday night is their weakest night (other than Saturday, but no one tries there any more).

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Technically, no. That'd be the 5 slots opposite the stiffest ratings competition, which would be NCIS (where Fox moved Lethal Weapon), Bull, NCIS LA, The Voice and NCIS NoLa (where AoS spent last season). CBS Friday night is their weakest night (other than Saturday, but no one tries there any more).
    Friday night tends to be the place where shows go to die, because it has the smallest audience of all the weeknights (lots of people go out on Fridays).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_night_death_slot

That said, AoS is one of the most watched shows on DVR, so it could survive with that expectation.

Show
    Did Fitz know that Aida was torturing a Jemmabot? Is he really that good at faking desperate misery?

And if not—if he thought Aida killed Jemma—then why wasn’t Fitz overcome with joy, relief, confusion and even more guilt when he sees the real Jemma is alive?
    Fitzbot did a good job of acting when he was a LMD.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-05-18 at 12:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Yes? No? Whichever of these makes the most sense? The actor is that good of an actor by making Fitz not that good of an actor since I noticed his pleas were a little bit less heartfelt, more insincere, particularly towards the end. I thought it sounded like Fitz was faking it.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

On another note, anyone have any idea about the dimension ghost rider sling-ringed into? I have a vague feeling it might be relevant in the future.
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon D20: A system designed for adventuring in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon world.

The Review/Analysis Thread: In-depth reviews of various games and RPG products.

The New/Redone Monsters Thread: Taking bad or bland monsters and making them more interesting and challenging.

Yu-Gi-Oh!: Realms of Myth: In the world of monsters, Winda and Wynn go on an "epic" journey to find the legendary Dark Magician.

Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Madoka and Kingdom Hearts.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    Yes? No? Whichever of these makes the most sense? The actor is that good of an actor by making Fitz not that good of an actor since I noticed his pleas were a little bit less heartfelt, more insincere, particularly towards the end. I thought it sounded like Fitz was faking it.
    This. Fitz the character, is NOT that good an actor: he didn't look distressed enough, especially once the stabbing happened, and when he offered to take her to the Darkhold, he was immediately calm. It would not have fooled anyone other than an emotionally immature Aida.

GW

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Ghost Rider went to Tibet to return the book to the Sorcerers. I hope he makes an appearance in Dr. Strange 2.
    So I said to myself "SELF, if I were you, and I think I am, I would be beside myself in embarrassment, so slap myself silly."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonexx View Post
    On another note, anyone have any idea about the dimension ghost rider sling-ringed into? I have a vague feeling it might be relevant in the future.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the one hand, I doubt that it will, except if the writers decide to bring the Rider back. Which they might, or might not. Even if they do, where he went may be less relevant than the fact that he left, and will return.

On the other hand, I am so glad that somebody else saw that. I was thinking "Sling Ring," but wasn't going to say anything, but... Yeah.

This show has shown a total willingness to dig through the movies' trash, and I love it. His Sling Ring portal was no exception. On a related note, I'm also onboard with the people suggesting that the space station is going to be a GoG tie-in.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Ghost Rider went to hide the Darkhold in the darkest pit known to man, a place so associated with vileness and depravity in the Marvel universe that the book's evil will be lost amidst the sea of darkness ...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... CANADA.

I mean, that's clearly British Columbia through the portal.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-05-19 at 01:54 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Colossus in the Playground

This. Fitz the character, is NOT that good an actor: he didn't look distressed enough, especially once the stabbing happened, and when he offered to take her to the Darkhold, he was immediately calm. It would not have fooled anyone other than an emotionally immature Aida.

GW
    Yup. I actually mentioned this earlier. In particular his "No Jemma!" part almost sounded sarcastic. It's subtle, and the first moment I noticed something must be up. It's really good, and a reminder that this show isn't afraid of making characters act badly as part of the script (see: early season Grant Ward).

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Friday night tends to be the place where shows go to die, because it has the smallest audience of all the weeknights (lots of people go out on Fridays).
    That stopped being true a while ago--before DVRs became a thing, actually. And the whole what's-good-what's-bad framework studios work with has been in flux for a while and it's only getting worse (the 18-30 demographic isn't the main target anymore because they don't have money, cord cutting is a growing problem, the Big Three and Fox are losing to other channels for original programming, etc).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

That stopped being true a while ago--before DVRs became a thing, actually. And the whole what's-good-what's-bad framework studios work with has been in flux for a while and it's only getting worse (the 18-30 demographic isn't the main target anymore because they don't have money, cord cutting is a growing problem, the Big Three and Fox are losing to other channels for original programming, etc).
    I would have to agree, time slot is no longer really an issue. Before you would have to use a TV guide to figure out when a show was on, then program your VCR and hope it could take weekly instructions and hope for the best. Now with DVRs its push one button, the recording is set, push a second button and it takes the whole series, heck my DVR even remembers from year to year, even if they move the time slot.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Fritz
    Show
    Fritz isn't a bad actor, like early Jemma, but he's not a great one. Here, however, he's got some solid motivation. Even if that LMD isn't the genuine article, it looks and acts like her well enough to be a proper motivator. I mean, it would be hard to see anyone in that position, stabbed, tortured and then electrocuted to death, right in front of you. And this isn't just anyone, it's a facsimile of the love of his life. Even knowing it's not the actual Jemma, it's still her image being brutalized. That's gonna bring on a tide of emotion that Fitz could ride. Likely, that's the reason she said it was his fault - it was a non-Jemma enough move to break the spell before it actually did add to Fritz's ever-growing trauma conga. Also, Aida is clearly not paying much attention beyond her own satisfaction, as Ghost Rider identified robots with a single punch while Aida (previously a robot herself) failed to make the connection. She's too high on rage to spot the little things that don't add up.

Spoiler: Coulson
    Show
    I do wonder what reason Reyes and Coulson were hinting at for the Rider agreeing to swap mounts for a single fight. We've seen him do it before with Mack, but he wanted to stay in Mack because the big guy's pain was made him a perfect host. The Rider had every reason to be willing to swap into Coulson to destroy a foe like that, it was the return that really kinda worried me. I suppose Coulson is not innocent enough to be a host for the Rider? I mean, besides killing Ward in anger (and accidentally feeding Hive in the process), he's an old hand at the spycraft business and has probably done some pretty bad stuff in the name of good. If pain were all that it took to create a perfect host, May would be divine - especially now.

Spoiler: The Ending
    Show
    I severely doubt this is a mindwipe/mindscape scenario. Agents likes using their finale stinger as a time skip with zero context. Odds are that the troops that captured them were not, in fact, military but alien. The team, alienated from the people they serve, get dragooned into an outer space mission. In the end, they'll probably return to Earth to find that life without SHIELD has not been kind to Talbot, so that he's grateful to see Coulson again (or whoever survives the mission, anyway).
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

So I wasn't keeping up because Hulu started demanding I sign up for a Plus account to watch it, but now it's come to Netflix so I've watched almost the whole season in the past few days.

Spoiler
    Show
    The shot-of-vodka-and-sniff-an-onion thing... is that a real thing people do?

I don't tend to like fake-reality stories, but they managed to make the Framework episodes interesting anyway. Enough Mirror Universe kind of stuff to be interesting.

I was very glad that Fitz had to be forced at gunpoint to leave the Framework and it wasn't the power of his lurve for Simmons or somesuch terrible cliche nonsense that saved him.

I like crazy Aida. I liked robot Aida, too. I just like her in general. Her gradual transformation into a psychopath was a million times more satisfying than the Ultron-goes-crazy-for-barely-any-reason senselessness from Age of Ultron.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    I like crazy Aida. I liked robot Aida, too. I just like her in general.
    If you haven't seen it already, you may enjoy the actress' performance in Galavant, where she plays a similar (but not identical) role.

GW

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Fridge logic
    Show
    Aida had the ability to simulate a bunch of Inhumans she had never even met (Gordon and Lincoln are mentioned), right down to their DNA, but needed Fitz to (within the Framework) do experiments on them so she could replicate their abilities in her real world body?

If you haven't seen it already, you may enjoy the actress' performance in Galavant, where she plays a similar (but not identical) role.

GW
    I've heard good things about that show. I'll probably check it out if I can find it.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The shot-of-vodka-and-sniff-an-onion thing... is that a real thing people do?
    Yes. http://peckthebeak.com/2011/06/vodka...t-for-parties/

29. - Top - End - #89
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Huh ... I didn't recognise her without
    Spoiler: Slight spoiler for something revealed in ep 1 of Galavant I guess?
    Show

the snotty princess attitude and crown!

Now I'm disappointed that Aida didn't create everyone in the Framework with the directive to spontaneously break out into song every five minutes.

Spoiler: Fridge logic
    Show
    Aida had the ability to simulate a bunch of Inhumans she had never even met (Gordon and Lincoln are mentioned), right down to their DNA, but needed Fitz to (within the Framework) do experiments on them so she could replicate their abilities in her real world body?
    Mumble mumble Darkhold mumble mumble.

I've heard good things about that show. I'll probably check it out if I can find it.
    If you're okay with the aforementioned breaking out into song, then do so! I'm very sad that they had to stop at two seasons, but at least they wrapped it up well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

GW
    That was the same actress? I didn't recognize her. Oh, I loved Galavant, and the two leading ladies.