New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Default Re: Agents of Shield VI: I am an Agent of SHIELD

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Huh ... I didn't recognise her without
    Spoiler: Slight spoiler for something revealed in ep 1 of Galavant I guess?
    Show

the snotty princess attitude and crown!

Now I'm disappointed that Aida didn't create everyone in the Framework with the directive to spontaneously break out into song every five minutes.

Mumble mumble Darkhold mumble mumble.

If you're okay with the aforementioned breaking out into song, then do so! I'm very sad that they had to stop at two seasons, but at least they wrapped it up well.
    I was hoping Galavant would get a third season.

I don't know how they could do a massive song and dance routine in the Framework - well maybe a dream sequence like they did with Agent Carter. It would have been fun though.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
    I was hoping Galavant would get a third season.

I don't know how they could do a massive song and dance routine in the Framework - well maybe a dream sequence like they did with Agent Carter. It would have been fun though.
    Well, if there's an Agents of Shield/Guardians of the Galaxy crossover, I'm sure they can find a way to incorporate a dance battle into it ;)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Galavant
    WE'RE OFF ON A SECRET MISSION, WE'RE OFF ON A SECRET PLOT!

But yeah, concerning Aida's ability to put things into her world that she herself had not seen...she did have access to all those brains. So she cobbled them together from their thoughts and memories. As for how the studying of his body works and how she translated it into her flesh body...well, yeah, Darkhold. Literally a satan book guys, sometimes that's enough of an explanation.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malimar View Post
    I've heard good things about that show. I'll probably check it out if I can find it.
    I saw it on Netflix, so hopefully it is still there. Wouldn't be surprised if it didn't pop up in your recommended list after watching SHIELD: as you can see there is a non-insignificant overlap in viewership.

King's Enforcer: "And with no Galavant distracting your wife..."
    King: "We could start a genocidal waaaaaar"
    Court "We could start a... wait, what?!"

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

"WE'RE THE LORDS OF THE SEA!"

"...Except we aren't at sea."

"WE'RE THE LORDS OF THE SEA!"

"...Just not of the actual sea."
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I started watching this recently, into the second season now.

The author's really hate Fritz don't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

7. - Top - End - #97
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

I'm not sure "hate" is the right word. He does go through some seriously unpleasant things, but so do a lot of the characters in this show. He also gets a large share of triumphs, successes, and times of happiness, and he does recover from the damage Ward caused him.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Might one say Fitz is a bit Miles O'Brien-ish -- one episode a season is a "O'Brien Fitz Must Suffer" episode? (Probably more often than once a season in Fitz's case -- but I'd agree that he gets it worse more often than most other characters, with Simmons second and Coulson tied with Skye for third.)

Probably for the same reasoning -- O'Brien and Fitz are the most likeable and everymanish in their respective casts, so you get more audience pathos out of torturing them than out of torturing other characters. Imagine them doing to May the kinds of things they did to Fitz -- suffering doesn't lead May to angst, it just makes her more violencey.

RE: Galavant: This would be a lot more fun if I thought the songs were any good. Gonna give it a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.
    Last edited by Malimar; 2017-06-24 at 06:19 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

RE: Galavant: This would be a lot more fun if I thought the songs were any good. Gonna give it a couple more episodes to see if it picks up.
    They are scored by Alan Menken, of Beauty & the Beast and Aladdin fame - and his style is distinctive enough my SO guessed it was him after just a few songs. If the songs in the first couple of episodes weren't to your liking, they rest aren't going to be that different, I'm afraid.

GW
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    They are scored by Alan Menken, of Beauty & the Beast and Aladdin fame - and his style is distinctive enough my SO guessed it was him after just a few songs. If the songs in the first couple of episodes weren't to your liking, they rest aren't going to be that different, I'm afraid.

GW
    Yeah, Alan Menken is great, which is why I was very surprised not to like the songs.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Might one say Fitz is a bit Miles O'Brien-ish -- one episode a season is a "O'Brien Fitz Must Suffer" episode? (Probably more often than once a season in Fitz's case -- but I'd agree that he gets it worse more often than most other characters, with Simmons second and Coulson tied with Skye for third.)

Probably for the same reasoning -- O'Brien and Fitz are the most likeable and everymanish in their respective casts, so you get more audience pathos out of torturing them than out of torturing other characters. Imagine them doing to May the kinds of things they did to Fitz -- suffering doesn't lead May to angst, it just makes her more violencey.

What is weird to me is thst Fritz isn't exactly a nice guy to begin with. At no point is he not pigheaded, jealous and bad at expressing himself.

It reminds me a of Family Guy's torture of Meg, honestly. The only reason I am sympathetic to the character at this point is they go out of the way to physically and emotionally torture him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's Fitz, not Fritz
    Now with half the calories!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Well, now I have seen the season four finale, I can come post here without worrying about spoilers (since the UK is so far behind and I'm behind that because of holidays!)

Very much enjoyed that season.

Spoiler
    Show
    I liked Ada better befoe she got emotions...!

Mind you, she was a very good villain, actually, I thought.

Makes up for the fact that they WERE - and self-awarely - doing the Robots Are Teh Evuls old schitck, which in general, I am not a fan of. The fact they did it well enough that I only wanted to smack Mac several times speaks volumes. (And me wating to smack Mac is a regular occurance. For me he has juuuuust enough moments where I find him entertaining that it outweight all his other moments, else I would outright dislike the guy. Right judgemental bloke, that one. First aliens, the inhumans, then robots... The only good news is, at the rate they are going, they'll run ot of things for him to be be immediately judegemental of next season.

Coulson is still best, Daisy is SO close behind... Gemma has come SO far and it is amazing, because she's got more steel in her than Ada EVER had, my frag. And poor, long suffering Fitz. Poor lad. Never catches a break...

Mace was goo,d bt I somehow had the feeling he wouldn't make it out the season.

But it was nice to see Trip again, and Not-Evil Ward was fun.

Roll on next season.

I mean, it's not like I've got a lot of telly to watch nowadays (this, Murdoch Mysteries (assuming the season cliffhanger for last season doesn't frack that up), Supergirl and Doctor Who is about it, aside from MLP, the Deep and Dragons: Race to the Edge)...

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

A new Inhumans trailer has been released! And my reaction is ... needs more Lockjaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    A new Inhumans trailer has been released! And my reaction is ... needs more Lockjaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sYF1SXcWqQ
    That... looks pretty terrible. You have a whole race of super-powered beings that is now in the public consciousness (thanks to SHIELD), and you show us one half-hearted teleport and one sort-of breath that looks like Diasy farted? THAT'S what you choose on your trailer? *sigh*

It is in the same continuity and the other series, or is it being even more pointless than it looks? (Because it doesn't look very much like it is.)

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

That seems to be the general reaction online to the trailer.

Except for Lockjaw. Everybody loves Lockjaw.

http://www.ibtimes.com/marvels-inhum...en-dog-2559350
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-06-29 at 11:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    That... looks pretty terrible. You have a whole race of super-powered beings that is now in the public consciousness (thanks to SHIELD), and you show us one half-hearted teleport and one sort-of breath that looks like Diasy farted? THAT'S what you choose on your trailer? *sigh*

It is in the same continuity and the other series, or is it being even more pointless than it looks? (Because it doesn't look very much like it is.)
    To be fair, Lockjaw's teleport looked kinda snazzy actually, to me. As for Blackbolt's little fart breath...if he so much as speaks he can shatter planets, that was just a tiny barely whispered grunt, of course it's not that impressive.

That said, I think this IS meant to be in canon, which is why all our Shield buddies are in space right now, so they don't actually get involved with them.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    That seems to be the general reaction online to the trailer.

Except for Lockjaw. Everybody loves Lockjaw.

http://www.ibtimes.com/marvels-inhum...en-dog-2559350
    I do not love Lockjaw. (In any incarnation.)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    To be fair, Lockjaw's teleport looked kinda snazzy actually, to me.
    Couldn't tell you where, but I'm sure I've seen that sort of streaky-wibbly teleport effect on other shows before.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    As for Blackbolt's little fart breath...if he so much as speaks he can shatter planets, that was just a tiny barely whispered grunt, of course it's not that impressive.
    I was less referring to the magnitude and more to the fact it the effect looks visually like a naff version of Daisy's awesome quake powers.

At least those are the impressions the trailer immediately gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    That said, I think this IS meant to be in canon, which is why all our Shield buddies are in space right now, so they don't actually get involved with them.
    Which even more begs the baffling question of why they appear to be taking this route (which looks like it could be an entirely seperate continuity), rather than... Y'know, doing something to obviously tie it in with the rest. (I mean, at last count I was expecting this to be a movie. Which was why until I saw the "series" quote in the trailer I was like even less impressed...)

But I suppose this explains why Talbot is in a coma.

(I was, actually, almost disappointed he survived...)

And great, now after all Phil and Daisy's hard work, the moment their back is turned, some bunch of nonces come in and undo everything...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-06-30 at 05:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I do not love Lockjaw. (In any incarnation]
    Whatever, Lord No-Heart. I'm sure you'll destroy those wretched Care Bears one day.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

20. - Top - End - #110

I mean, at last count I was expecting this to be a movie.
    That went off the board when Ike Perlmutter left.

Anyway, as far as TV show trailers go, this is about par for the course (in that they all suck). For a show that'll have a significant V/SFX budget, this is even more the case. I'm not going to worry about it until after Labor Day.

Spiderman opens next weekend. Everyone got their tickets?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spiderman opens next weekend. Everyone got their tickets?
    I'll be traveling, so will have to miss it. First MCU opening weekend I'll miss since Iron Man 2. Most annoying part: having to avoid spoilers for like 2 weeks until I'll be in a position to watch it.

GW

22. - Top - End - #112

Given how Sony does trailers, I'm pretty sure you're already spoiled.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

We're about to have on TV a series featuring a giant teleporting dog and a character who's super power is hair, a kung fu expert, a fish man, and a guy that can't talk without blowing up a city. I think this is an accomplishment, however the show actually turns out. It's a fun time to be a comics fan.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

Just leaving it there as response for the trailer.
    Also another animated ti-..I mean series that Marvel have come CLOSE to figure out how to many decent animated adaptation IN A BAD WAY.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzo5L0wG7mw
    Also was it me, or someone at Voltron animated since Peter Parker look like mix of Pidge and Harry Potter.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Given how Sony does trailers, I'm pretty sure you're already spoiled.
    It's not Sony picture, is Marvel Studios. Also, I've been avoiding those to the best of my ability - I've only seen the first teaser, and unlike, say, the Batman v Superman, I didn't get the impression I had just watched the whole film, so I should be good.

GW

26. - Top - End - #116

Marvel and Sony are splitting duties on the film (and the sequel). Sony is handling Promotions and Advertising, including trailers.

If you've been avoiding them, well, good job. I never seem to manage that.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so, I went ahead and decided to take a breather and pick up agents of shield. I got busy when it was airing and missed an episode, so I figured I'd wait till it hit Netflicks.

I'm beginning to regret that decision, cause were in the framework (the episode is What If.) and I'm five minutes in and already desperate to get back to the real world again. Are the eps inside the framework in any way skipable? And what episode do they actually get out of it? Is it just like a 1 and done, are we spending the rest of the season on this?
    "I Burn!"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Ok, so, I went ahead and decided to take a breather and pick up agents of shield. I got busy when it was airing and missed an episode, so I figured I'd wait till it hit Netflicks.

I'm beginning to regret that decision, cause were in the framework (the episode is What If.) and I'm five minutes in and already desperate to get back to the real world again. Are the eps inside the framework in any way skipable? And what episode do they actually get out of it? Is it just like a 1 and done, are we spending the rest of the season on this?
    Definitely not skippable as it goes from episode 16 to 20.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

29. - Top - End - #119
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

There's a fair bit of character development in the Framework, along with the extraction plot line. If you skip the Framework episodes, you'll be missing important context for the season finale (which is back in the real world).
    Last edited by Douglas; 2017-07-05 at 01:00 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

damn it. *Sigh.* Who ever had the bright idea too insist on doing a VR dystopia for 4 whole episodes is a moron.
    "I Burn!"