New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of Shield VI: I am an Agent of SHIELD

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    damn it. *Sigh.* Who ever had the bright idea too insist on doing a VR dystopia for 4 whole episodes is a moron.
    Everyone I know loved it, so less moron and more "has a different opinion".
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Everyone I know loved it, so less moron and more "has a different opinion".
    I thought that it made for a change to do the Evil Mirror Universe is an interesting way and to spend a bit more time on it than usual.

Though I will say the first episode or so dragged a bit longer than was necessary maybe; I think they could maybe have skipped one episode out of that and maybe made it a bit punchier, but I'm nit-picking, really.

But in terms of Things I Have A Problem with, the most recent finale of Murdoch Mysteries far and away outweights that. (That was not the usual pleasant watch. When they are on at the same time, Me and Mum usually watch SHIELD first and Murdoch second, since the latter is generally quite light-hearted, funny and silly. The most recent finale was none of those things, and it's the first episode for a long time I didn't really like.)
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2017-07-05 at 04:47 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    But in terms of Things I Have A Problem with, the most recent finale of Murdoch Mysteries far and away outweights that. (That was not the usual pleasant watch. When they are on at the same time, Me and Mum usually watch SHIELD first and Murdoch second, since the latter is generally quite light-hearted, funny and silly. The most recent finale was none of those things, and it's the first episode for a long time I didn't really like.)
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Murdoch's finale was less a cliffhanger and more a means of plausibly erasing much of the cast depending on how much the actors demand for next season. It was also just not a good episode, the non-linear presentation undermined the drama rather than developing it in any fashion as it bluntly told you everything and then went back to show you later.

Though, with regards to Agents of SHIELD second half, it was fine. The framework arc let them do something more epic in scope within the limitations clearly pressed upon them by being not-quite-MCU network television. Which was the frustrating thing about last season where they spent much of it back-peddling the whole Inhumans thing that galvanized the show in season 2 rather than building upon it to construct their own mythos. It also let them do show-based fanservice with bringing back Ward and Trip in such a fashion that it didn't come off as eye-rolling but a more sincere send-offs to the characters than Trip's sudden demise or Ward's dragged-out Hive arc.

That being said, the finale itself felt rushed and - like always - under-resourced. Such that it didn't leave much of an impression for what could have been pretty cool. I think they could have done something more interesting with Aida-made-flesh than just turn her into a monster and then brush her away like chaff with Ghostrider as well.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2017-07-05 at 05:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124

Honestly, I think the Ghost Rider arc last Autumn was the high point of the last couple seasons.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

I can certainly understand where people are coming from when they say the Framework arc lasted a little too long, but overall, I really enjoyed it.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I personally enjoyed the visit to Hydraverse, ie. the Framework.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    I can certainly understand where people are coming from when they say the Framework arc lasted a little too long, but overall, I really enjoyed it.
    I loved it myself. Especially since the comics have Stupid Wars going on right now, which is basically a more real version of the Framework's Hydraverse, but done worse and badly in every way.

And unlikely the mothership that is comics, Shield wasn't afraid to say that...you know, Hydra is nazis.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I loved it myself. Especially since the comics have Stupid Wars going on right now, which is basically a more real version of the Framework's Hydraverse, but done worse and badly in every way.

And unlikely the mothership that is comics, Shield wasn't afraid to say that...you know, Hydra is nazis.
    As Mr. Coulson would tell you, that's just propaganda. Hydra aren't Nazis; Hydra is descended from a long esteemed line of scholars and aristocrats... who just happen to worship a death god trapped on another planet...

Also, count me as among the people who enjoyed the Framework.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-07-06 at 11:21 PM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    As Mr. Coulson would tell you, that's just propaganda. Hydra aren't Nazis; Hydra is descended from a long esteemed line of scholars and aristocrats... who just happen to worship a death god trapped on another planet...

Also, count me as among the people who enjoyed the Framework.
    Discounting concentration camps on Inhumans (sorry, Marvel, you can't just try to make them sympathetic after they try to go all-Gundam-Titans (named after organization who likes to gas people), youth radicals, and totalitarian.
    Granted that Wanda was cosmic-cubed into possessed, but magneto somehow became not!King of mutants and remember the last time when Red Skull try to put together a team but failed.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

It's kind of funny that HYDRA, which started out as an Inhuman-worshipping cult, would end up persecuting Inhumans in the Framework.

But of course, the whole purpose of their anti-Inhuman agenda was to give Madame Hydra a s***load of Inhuman powers. So in a way, the virtual Hydra was still following their real-world counterparts' original mandate.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-07-07 at 02:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Question: What is equivalent to Zeta Gundam's Titans in Marvel universe?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...vel-characters
    I mean they already did Hydra-take over for "generic oppresive security force", but I also remembered HAMMER who is like Marvel's own Titans but gassing people who disagreed with them goes to Inhumans (except Tomino isn't dumb enough to label them as good guys, though Maximus could be good Paptimus Scirocco).
    Any idea?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Casting a Raise Dead spell on this thread to remind everyone that Agents of Shield (In SPACE!) returns this Friday, Dec. 1.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Firbolg in the Playground

The first 17 minutes of the new episode is also watchable on youtube. It answers maybe two questions and raises about twelve more.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    Casting a Raise Dead spell on this thread to remind everyone that Agents of Shield (In SPACE!) returns this Friday, Dec. 1.
    It's been moved the the Friday Night Death Slot? That's ominous.

GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    It's been moved the the Friday Night Death Slot? That's ominous.
    I’m 99.9 per cent sure this is Agents’ last season. The ratings have never been stellar, but I think ABC wanted to give them one last chance to wrap things up.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-11-29 at 08:46 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

I've seen a lot of people on the Net saying for a few years that there's no way the show would make it past Infinity War's rewrite of the setting. Looks like they're right.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I'm the first to comment about the season premiere?

Spoiler
    Show
    I did not expect the time-travel. Assuming they actually have. I do think they have, I'm just keeping open the possibility of that being false. Apparently others have been sent to the space station before?

Where is Fitz? Why wasn't he on the list? Was he drafted by someone else in the fantasy league? :) I was halfway expecting the actor to play the Kree leader? Speaking of Casiun (?), are he and the Kree woman fully Kree, or some kind of hybrid?

How much of what was explained about the situation is true? I don't believe that Daisy destroyed Earth. That is too much power for a single super-powered individual, and I like to believe that the writers wouldn't go that far. A silly hope of mine? Also, Zeke is basing his theory on limited information. It's more likely that Earth was destroyed during the Infinity Wars.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: S5E1 - Orientation
    Show
    Apparently others have been sent to the space station before?
    From the past? I don't think so. At least, everyone else seemed surprised by the idea.

I'm curious where the prophecy came from. Did Fitz figure it out and make sure to pass it on to the remnants of humanity before he died?

Where is Fitz?
    I'm assuming he's dead from old age, if not something else.

Speaking of Casiun (?), are he and the Kree woman fully Kree, or some kind of hybrid?
    Not sure. In terms of appearance, Kree are just blue humans. So what would a hybrid look like? Less blue?

Also, Zeke is basing his theory on limited information.
    Yeah, he outright said he was 'piecing it together.' There's no real way to know. Although if Quake did destroy Earth, wouldn't her being sent to the future undo that? Unless we're talking multiple universe theory.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Show

Not sure. In terms of appearance, Kree are just blue humans. So what would a hybrid look like? Less blue?
    Spoiler: hybrids
    Show
    I think the question was based in that the Kree we've seen on the show besides Vin-Tak (in the Sif episode) have all been bald soldier guys, until the 2 mentioned.
    Thus they looked different, more 'human.'

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Kree in comics
    Show
    In comic books, there are "pink" or "white" kree as a result of different genetic experiments because of the species being "locked" out of further evolution. The blue ones are pure kree, and hold greater power in society, but the various hybrids are ultimately more common. Even without the evolution angle, the show's Kree are known for genetic experiments so these may just be ones not specifically bred for killing.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Yeah, he outright said he was 'piecing it together.' There's no real way to know. Although if Quake did destroy Earth, wouldn't her being sent to the future undo that? Unless we're talking multiple universe theory.
    Spoiler: Orientation
    Show
    On single universe theory - going to the future doesn’t change anything you will do, just as it doesn’t change what you already done. There’s one universe, one timeline. Everything happens once. There’s no changing the past or the future.

Whenever you speak about someone changes something in the timeline, there’s always multiple universes in the picture, the universe were the change occurred one where it did not. What happens to the first universe, whether time travelers remember the old past, or remain alive in a universe after not having been born, just variations on a theme.

So if time traveling to the future results in there being a past where you did travel to the future, and one where you never traveled, its fair game for time travel to take you to either one of those timelines.

One of the variations is whether just traveling in time creates the alternate universe/timeline. In many cases only changing something creates the branching point, and sometimes to change the timeline requires changing something very specific.

Basically, time travel is an all bets are off situation when it comes to causality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
    I'm the first to comment about the season premiere?

Spoiler
    Show
    I did not expect the time-travel. Assuming they actually have. I do think they have, I'm just keeping open the possibility of that being false. Apparently others have been sent to the space station before?

Where is Fitz? Why wasn't he on the list? Was he drafted by someone else in the fantasy league? :) I was halfway expecting the actor to play the Kree leader? Speaking of Casiun (?), are he and the Kree woman fully Kree, or some kind of hybrid?

How much of what was explained about the situation is true? I don't believe that Daisy destroyed Earth. That is too much power for a single super-powered individual, and I like to believe that the writers wouldn't go that far. A silly hope of mine? Also, Zeke is basing his theory on limited information. It's more likely that Earth was destroyed during the Infinity Wars.
    I like how the first 30 minutes or so were just an unending string of jokes about their situation, but then got serious very quickly.

Spoiler: Earth
    Show

Yup, I'd also guess not Daisy caused.

Story-wise, Fitz was left behind so they'd have a point of view character in the past who's working it from that angle. Additionally, it continues the curse Fitz and Simmons pairing that they've been doing since season 1.

Also, Sinara is cool; I like the music they play every time she's on the screen.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-12-04 at 12:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

This was a pretty good premiere. Only thing I thought was kind of lame was the “roach”, which struck me as a touch generic. Was it supposed to be one of the Brood from the X-Men comics?

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyways, are we certain the Agents are here to overthrow the Kree? That would only somewhat improve humanity’s lot. I think it’s more likely they’re here to get the info/tech that will enable them to save the Earth and then return.

Maybe the reason Fitz was left in the diner is because they will meet him in the future?
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2017-12-03 at 11:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast View Post
    This was a pretty good premiere. Only thing I thought was kind of lame was the “roach”, which struck me as a touch generic. Was it supposed to be one of the Brood from the X-Men comics?

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyways, are we certain the Agents are here to overthrow the Kree? That would only somewhat improve humanity’s lot. I think it’s more likely they’re here to get the info/tech that will enable them to save the Earth and then return.

Maybe the reason Fitz was left in the diner is because they will meet him in the future?
    Spoiler: Fitz/Speculations
    Show

So, we know the current extraction crew on Earth are aliens and are taking orders from someone (maybe Future Fitz or Fitz communicating into the future?).

Also, one of the proof of the Agents of SHIELD that Virgil had was a note from Fitz on a very old postcard, saying he was working it (maybe as a message to the space Agents).

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a very big problem with this story.

We know that they will somehow come back in time eventually (especially by how the earth was destroyed).
    So basically, everything they do here is pointless.
    This is the Framework all over again.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Spoiler: spoilers
    Show

We know that they will somehow come back in time eventually (especially by how the earth was destroyed).
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Also, the Framework killed Mace and emotionally damaged Fitzsimmons, so there were ramifications.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-12-04 at 04:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post

I imagine SHIELD learns something from being in the future that allows them to change the past and prevent the destruction of the Earth from ever happening. The advertisement for future episodes say as much in big bold all cap letters.

Meanwhile, the explicit goal the team has now is finding a way back to the past.

Also, I don’t see how the Framework was pointless. The personal stakes were never greater, as SHIELD was fighting to rescue its Agents, and an artificial intelligence in control of the Hydraverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Meanwhile, the explicit goal the team has now is finding a way back to the past.
    You could even say they've got to get back, back to the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

29. - Top - End - #149

Which just raises the question of which one is Jack, and which is the Scotsman.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Also, the Framework killed Mace and emotionally damaged Fitzsimmons, so there were ramifications.
    The team was at real risk, but everything around them was meaningless.
    In the previous seasons, there was some impact on the world's politics, on what people think of mutants inhumans, or actual hydra operatives that could take over the government.
    In the Framework, there was an entire story developed about a revolution, but who cares? Lose, win, as long as they get out of the simulation nothing has impact on the world around them.

The way it's going, same goes here.
    Maybe an important character will die, maybe they will get some new information, and maybe they even bring someone back to the past.
    But as long as they will all leave back to the preset, every story revolving around a change in power or attitude between humans and kree will be tossed away for nothing.