The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1373
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Forge of Fury IC

    The man in the cassock seems taken aback as Suga misses him and cuts the woman down. "An orc? Why are you here? Not to rescue her, I gather. If you're looking for information about Durgeddin's Forge, I know very little." As he speaks, the frog hops out of his way, and he takes a step back and casts a spell. "Like fire, do you, hobgoblin?" he says to Tarak as a large globe of fire appears on top of Tarak. The man with the sword lunges at Suga.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft 12
    Show
    The spell is Flaming Sphere.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack against Suga: (1d20+6)[14] Critical threat check (on 19 or 20): (1d20+6)[19] Damage: (1d8+5)[6] Critical damage: (1d8+5)[7]
    Tarak needs to make a DC 15 Reflex save or take (2d6)[10] damage. The sphere, still burning, is occupying the same square as him; if he doesn't move he'll need to make the same Reflex save on Belak's next action.

    Map is updated and Feagon, Tarak, and Suga are up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-06-04 at 06:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    <Well, that went sideways quickly. the elven priest thinks to himself as he chants to Ehlonna.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feagon

    AC ~14; Current ~ 14
    HP ~ 24; Current ~ 24


    Standard Action - Cast Spiritual Weapon, having it start at AU-63

    Spiritual Weapon Attack vs S --- would this be a bow? I'm assuming it is. I'm picturing this glowing bow whacking him. Maybe it's shooting magic arrows???
    (1d20+7)[16]

    Damage
    (1d8+1)[2]

    Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+7)[8]
    (2d8+2)[11]

    Effects~
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin rolls away from the conjured flamed sphere, coming up to his feet with a flourish of his arms. He extends his free hand outward at the cassocked figure, "Fire's nice, but a bit too monochromatic for my tastes. Let's make things a bit more....colorful, shall we."

    Opening his fingers to reveal a handful of brilliantly hued sand, he blows it at the druid, frog, and knight with a puff of his breath, exhaling, "Umbala kuqhuma!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: 5' step to AY64
    Standard Action: Cast Color Spray
    • 15' cone effecting Br, Be, and Fr
    • Will Negates DC 15
    • 2 HD or less: The creature is unconscious, blinded, and stunned for 2d4 rounds, then blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, and then stunned for 1 round. (Only living creatures are knocked unconscious.) (2d4)[5] and (1d4)[1]
    • 3 or 4 HD: The creature is blinded and stunned for 1d4 rounds, then stunned for 1 round. (1d4)[1]
    • 5 or more HD: The creature is stunned for 1 round.


    AC: 21
    HP: 23/23
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-06 at 11:06 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    The frog falls to the ground; the other two targets seem unaffected.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga winces at the enemy's words. Was that one of the original party? Working *with* the druid? Damn, better finish this fast and get a potion to her in time.

    The orc steps forward to keep up with the druid and swings at him again while also refocusing himself. "Durgeddin's Forge, so you do know of it? Surrender with your captives and you'll see town justice else you and your work will die." Calling out to the rest, "Focus on the druid."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5' move to AV65 (setting up charge/flank for Tarak if he wants it)
    Swift + attack to regain Steel Wind.

    Dire axe: (1d20+8)[10] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+8)[23]
    damage: (1d12+5)[16] crit: (2d12+10)[21] Slashing
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    A glowing bow appears and fires an arrow at the man with the sword, but it deflects off his armor. The man in the cassock laughs as he sidesteps Suga's axe once again. "My work die? The town has been helping me spread my work for years, foolish orc. If you're here because you think I'm working with the dwarves, you're sorely mistaken. I have no clue where the elf fits into the equation, but 'surrender' is for you, not for me. Burn!" He takes a step back to cast another spell as his flaming sphere rolls after Tarak.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tarak needs to make a DC 15 Reflex save or take (2d6)[10] fire damage.
    Belak provokes an attack of opportunity, if Tarak is holding a melee weapon. Concentration: (1d20+9)[25]
    If Belak gets his spell off, Suga's chain shirt suddenly feels uncomfortably hot. Suga needs to make a DC 15 Will save.
    Braford steps in front of Belak and slashes at Suga. (1d20+6)[8] Critical threat check (on 19 or 20): (1d20+6)[22] Damage: (1d8+5)[11] Critical damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    Map is updated; Tarak, Feagon, and Suga are up.


    Spoiler: Spellcraft 12
    Show
    The spell is Heat Metal.
    Last edited by Kish; 2017-05-06 at 06:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Tarak studies the druid intently for a moment, sizing up his vulnerabilities. When Belak steps toward the hobgoblin he turns his back to cast a spell on Suga, opening himself up for an attack. Seizing the initiative, Tarak swipes his kama across the druid's back, opening a small wound seconds before the flaming sphere comes rolling at him.

    Spoiler: AoA
    Show
    Knowledge Devotion Check(Local): (1d20+14)[30]
    Attack of Opportunity: (1d20+7)[25]; Damage (1d6)[1] + KD bonus(+3) = 4

    *I sincerely do not know if I can apply my Knowledge Devotion here or not, but am more than happy to accept whatever you want to rule Kish


    Deftly avoiding the sphere, Tarak steps in behind the druid, draws his second kama and attacks twice.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: 5' step to AY65 and draw second kama
    Flurry of Blows vs Belak
    • Attack 1 with MW kama +3 Law Devotion +3 Knowledge Devotion: (1d20+11)[25]; Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    • Attack 2 with MW kama +3 Law Devotion +3 Knowledge Devotion::(1d20+11)[28]; Damage (1d6+3)[5]


    AC: 18
    HPS: 23/23
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-06 at 10:33 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Feagon makes a face, unseen by anyone, as he moves and fires just as his magic creation fires its own arrow.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feagon

    AC ~14; Current ~ 14
    HP ~ 24; Current ~ 24

    Feagon moves to AW-59 and shoot FR
    (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage
    (1d8)[2]

    Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+6)[19]
    (2d8)[6]

    Spiritual Weapon Attack vs BR
    (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage
    (1d8+1)[7]

    Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+6)[10]
    (2d8+2)[5]

    Effects~


    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Feagon's arrows, physical and magical, fail to penetrate the warrior's armor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga focuses on the fight over debating the dark druid who has now ran out of space to move and safely cast. The orc steps over the fallen frog then cuts down with his axe at the druid, followed by trying to bash the man in armor.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    5' step to AW64.
    Steel Wind on the druid and Bradford, with the attack on Bradford a non-lethal attack (-4 to hit)

    Druid: (1d20+8)[23] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+8)[25]
    damage: (1d12+5)[13] crit: (2d12+10)[16] Slashing

    Bradford: (1d20+4)[19] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+4)[8]
    damage: (1d12+5)[9] crit: (2d12+10)[15] Non-lethal
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga's axe severely wounds the man in the cassock, but bounces off the armor of the man with the sword, who steps toward Tarak and slashes ferociously at him, as the flaming sphere rolls back onto Tarak as well. The druid, close to death, steps to the northeast and tries to cast another spell.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Tarak needs to make a DC 15 Reflex save or take (2d6)[11] fire damage.
    Casting defensively: (1d20+9)[19]
    If Belak gets his spell off, Suga's chain shirt once again feels uncomfortably hot again. Suga needs to make another DC 15 Will save.
    Braford slashes at Tarak. (1d20+6)[25] Critical threat check (on 19 or 20): (1d20+6)[25] Damage: (1d8+5)[6] Critical damage: (1d8+5)[10]
    Map is updated; Tarak, Feagon, and Suga are up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga's armor starts to heat up. The orc growls and moves up so he can finish off the druid.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Spell save failed, round 1 of Heat Metal. This is gonna hurt.
    5' move to AX63
    Swift + attack to regain Moment of Perfect Mind

    Attack Druid:
    Dire axe: (1d20+8)[16] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+8)[17]
    damage: (1d12+5)[14] crit: (2d12+10)[24] Slashing

    I do have Wall of Blades readied, I almost forgot.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga's axe cuts Belak down, and his flaming sphere ceases to move.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga winces at the strike Tarak takes. "Tarak, protect yourself, let me handle him. Spells once you get clear would help." He turns back to face the armored knight. "Stand down, you have family that wants you back."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    The deep snarl that emerges from Braford's mouth at Suga's words sounds completely inhuman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Tarak dodges the flaming sphere as he grips his kamas, and watches the druid topple to the ground.

    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity on Belak: (1d20+11)[29]; Damage (1d6+3)[8]

    Reflex Save: (1d20+6)[23]


    As the heavily armored figure lands a devastating blow, Tarak takes a simple step, launching into a spinning attack against him with both weapons.

    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Move: 5' step
    Flurry of Blows vs Bradford
    Attack #1: (1d20+13)[27]; Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Attack #2: (1d20+13)[29]; Damage (1d6+3)[5]

    AC: 18
    HPS: 7/23
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-08 at 09:49 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak's kamas cut into the armored warrior, and he falls to the ground, bleeding.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    650 XP each.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Remaining in his crouch, Tarak tucks the handles of his weapons into his belt, pulls out a potion and drinks it.

    "Feagon! Get over here!"


    Looking at the fallen armored figure before him, then up at the massive orc, "What say you Suga, are these two the Oakhurst folks we were looking for?"

    Spoiler: Cure Light Wounds
    Show
    Potion: (1d8+1)[9]
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-14 at 08:35 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "Seems so, but why did they side with the druid and how did they go down so easily? Were they charmed? Would the magic end with the druid?"

    The orc suddenly starts shaking. "Ahhh. That last spell, it's burning my armor. Quick, help me get it off!" Suga starts trying to remove his chain shirt as fast as he can.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Assuming the Heat Metal spell is still in effect.
    Round 2 Damage: (1d4)[2]

    EDIT: At 33/38hp
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-05-15 at 09:43 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Leaping to his feet, Tarak pulls his sleeves down over his hands quickly to offer a bit of protections and then starts helping Suga out of his armor.

    "What in the blazes is up with you armor! Ouch! Damn. Feagon, where you at?!"

    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Held off for a bit to see if razorback would post. Feagon should have a couple of actions by my count. Hope we didn't lose him.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Both the humans you inspect are dead. It appears that the armored man with the sword stopped breathing as soon as he was unconscious. You can't be entirely sure the same is true of the woman--her wound is severe enough that she would likely have died from it even under ideal circumstances--but the same is probably true of her. On the woman's hand, you see the second Hucrele signet ring.

    Suga's armor continues to heat up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Even with help, it'll take five rounds to remove Suga's armor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "Dead?" Suga asks as he is frantically trying to get his burning armor off with Tarak's help. "Yes we got good hits in but they should have been bleeding not just drop dead." The armor is still heating up but at least the quandary is helping to keep the orc's mind focused away from the pain. "Was it a charm they were under or did the druid do something more to them? The druid still partly alive? There's a lot he knows that we don't."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Suga doesn't know how long the spell lasts
    Rolling them all now. Guess he gets the armor off just as it cools down.
    Round 3: (2d4)[7]
    Round 4: (2d4)[3]
    Round 5: (2d4)[5]
    Round 6: (1d4)[3]
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    As the metal begins to heat intensely it begins to burn through the limited protection of the hobgoblin sleeves. "I don't know what to tell you. I don't feel like the wounds that I gave to that one should be enough to outright kill him. OUCH@! Damn that's hot!"

    Tarak begins hopping back and forth from one foot to the other, periodically blowing on his hands to try to limit the damage. Eventually the armor falls loose and tumbles to the ground where it lays glowing red hot.

    "Are you okay? Check the girl, I'll check this guy and the druid." It's at that moment that Tarak spots the signet ring on the female's finger. "Crap! I think that's Sharwyn!" Abandoning his previous plan Tarak rushes over to the downed woman and begins feeling her neck for a pulse....

    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    I don't know what kind of damage Tarak would take from assisting Suga with his armor, so just let me know? 1/2 maybe? Your call Kish.

    Ready a potion for either Tarak or Sharwyn
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-18 at 01:26 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Feagon comes rushing over and rushes to help with the removal of the armor, hands getting scorched in the process, but nothing compared to what Tarak must be feeling.
    Once removed, he looks over him. "Ah, you'll live, you big bear. Hear, let Ehlonna's blessing be upon you." as a wave of healing washes over Tarak.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Convert Magic Stone into CLW
    (1d8+3)[4]
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    As his friend places his healing hands on him, Tarak stands up and bows his head, "I thank you my friend. Seems I am to be eternally indebted to you for the relief and comfort you provide to counter my foolishness."

    Before he can protest, the hobgoblin reaches over and pours the prepared healing potion down Suga's throat, much to his large friend's surprise.
    Spoiler: Cure Light Wounds
    Show
    Healing: (1d8+1)[8]


    "Drink. It will do neither of these two any good. Seems they are well and truly dead. Unless I miss my guess they were bound to this one by his strange magic and experimentation....look at their skin."

    Kneeling down once more, he slips the Hucrele signet ring from the woman's finger and closes her eyes. "T'is a gruesome business to be sure, but we've likely saved them from a far worse fate considering the vile nature of their...master."

    Tarak passes his hand over his eyes while muttering something in the dragon's tongue, and when he pulls his hand down he reveals softly glowing blue eyes. He then intently and slowly begins going through the possessions of the druid, then his two captives.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Cast Detect Magic
    Quick Stats
    AC = 18
    HP = 20/23
    Spells/Abilities
    0's - 2/6
    1st - 3/5
    Law Devotion - 0/1

    *Mage Armor(2 hours)

    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-19 at 08:29 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1/2 the damage Suga takes sounds logical to me.

    The druid has a masterwork or magic sickle, a sling and ten sling stones, three smokesticks, four bottles of liquid, a wand, four light green gems, and 323 gold pieces. Sharwyn has a quarterstaff, a waterskin, a bedroll, a sack, flint and steel, and 52 gold. Sir Braford has scale mail, a shortbow, 5 arrows, a masterwork or magic longsword, a holy symbol of Pelor, a backpack, waterskin, bedroll, sack, flint and steel, bullseye lantern, 5 pints of oil, a bag of caltrops, 50 feet of silk rope, and 21 gold.


    Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show
    Three of the druid's bottles radiate magic faint Conjuration magic. His wand radiates faint Transmutation magic. Braford's longsword radiates faint Evocation magic...wait, is that Transmutation?

    The fallen warrior's longsword abruptly flares with light. When the light fades, the weapon lying there appears to be a dire axe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga feels the armor starting to cool back down just as he finally gets out of it and drops it to the ground. He leaves it there briefly to cool off and to focus on everything else going on. The surprisingly dead hostages, the dead druid, having a potion shoved on him, and the sudden flaring of light. His attention locks onto the obviously magical weapon and picks it up. "Must be the work of Kord. Thank you Kord!" He plays with the balance of the dire axe briefly.

    "What do you think? Bury them outside like before?"
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Slowly gathering up the other magic items, the hobgoblin sets aside the potions, to try to identify them, before packing the others into his backpack. Nodding in satisfaction at Suga's display with the dire ax, he gathers up all of the gold into a neat stack, then lays out all of the mundane gear. "We've this sickle, which appears to be of superior quality as well as other sundry items that we can sell as well."

    He crams as much as the mundane appearing things as he can into Bradford's sack, aside from the quarterstaff and shortbow. After a few moment's consideration he slides the pints of oil off to the side as well.

    "I don't know Suga. Do you think we can carry them up out of here? I suppose we should at least make the attempt for these two from the village."

    Carefully studying each potion bottle, going as far as to sniff the contents, Tarak tries to figure out exactly what they are.

    Spoiler: Spellcraft Checks
    Show
    3 "Conjuration Magic" potions vs DC 25
    #1 (1d20+13)[21]
    #2 (1d20+13)[28]
    #3 (1d20+13)[19]


    Once that's done he counts out the money and hands it to each of his friends, then examines the four gems.

    Spoiler: Divy up Coin and Appraise Gems
    Show

    132 gps EACH

    Appraise Checks at +4, I believe you need to make those Kish


    "Before we go, I want to examine this tree further." Tarak heads over to the wicked looking thing, and without touching it examines the lower limbs as well as the bowl or trunk of the tree.

    Spoiler: Perception + Knowledge Nature
    Show
    Perception check to notice any unique details: (1d20+10)[26]
    Knowledge Nature: (1d20+9)[24]
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-20 at 11:13 PM.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    As Suga and Tarak have their go at it regarding the potion, Feagon walks over to the fallen. As he is digging through their belongings, he notices the holy symbol of Pelor. He squints for a moment before looking at the others.
    "This is disturbing. Pelor is accounted as one of the gods of good... of light. To find someone who worshiped him here, in the dark in league with those... doing whatever experimentation was going on..." he shakes his head mid-thought for a moment, looking a bit paler, before continuing. "... well, something doesn't smell right here. I would hate to drag the body around to a temple of Pelor..."
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    The elf's words cut through Tarak's focus on the potions for a moment and he turns his softly glowing blue gaze toward him, "Pelor?! This place and its eternal darkness hardly seems the place for a devotee of the 'Sun Father'....you know, when Suga tried to speak to the man, all he did was growl like some, some...beast. There are foul magics here indeed! The whole place gives me the creeps, and that damnable tree growing down here in the dark is at the heart of it I tell you."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-21 at 09:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •