The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 420 of 1417
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cool autumn breeze

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Celesta stays alert listening for any sound of approaching feet.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

    DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The door does not appear to be locked or trapped. Tarak does hear movement from the other side of the door.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    Inching back from the door quietly, Tarak approaches the others, "No traps. Not locked. Movement behind the door though, so there will certainly be resistance. Suga and Celesta, you two can move in hard and fast. I'll follow close behind Celesta, and Feagon can cover the room from the doorway with his bow. Now all of that presumes that the room behind that door is large enough for us all....be ready for anything."

    With a wave of his hand and a nod at the two warriors to take up positions at the double doors, the hobgoblin slides in behind Celesta with his kamas drawn.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2018-02-05 at 05:54 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cool autumn breeze

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Sounds good." Celesta steps forward spear readied, clearly about to open the door.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

    DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon pulls another arrow out of his quiver and sets it in his mouth. Nocking his arrow, he nods to let everyone knows he is ready.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Suga moves up to the door and sniffs the air before nodding that he is ready.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The smell of dwarves doesn't surprise Suga. "Told you I heard something!" a voice greets you upon opening the door. Four dwarves in chain shirts, holding flails ready but with dwarven waraxes attached to their belts as well, were already moving toward the door.

    Spoiler
    Show

    >> Feagon 18
    Grack 15
    D1 11
    D2 10
    Suga 9
    Tarak 5
    D4 7
    Celesta 4
    D3 3

    Map updated. Feagon is up. The dwarves were aware of you and look ready for a fight, though it's almost never entirely certain an enemy won't talk.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-02-07 at 09:52 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon, seeing the dwarves and knowing how the last skirmish went, lets his arrow fly at the first one he sees, moving to nock another.
    "Give up and live, long beards." he says with resignation.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feagon

    AC ~15; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 35; Current ~ 35



    Shoot at D4
    (1d20+8)[16]

    Damage
    (1d8+2)[4]

    Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+8)[18]
    (2d8+4)[12]


    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Guh!" replies the dwarf Feagon shoots. Another one, moving forward along with that one, says, "Shut up, orc-lover!"

    Grack watches and waits for an opening. Two of the dwarves attempt to trip Suga with their flails.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If the first attack succeeds in tripping Suga, the second one is a regular attack while Suga is prone.

    If either trip attempt hits but fails, the dwarf who attempted it will drop the flail to avoid being countertripped.

    D1's trip attempt: (1d20+2)[4] touch attack against Suga's flat-footed. (1d20+1)[15] is the opposed Strength check if it hits.
    D2's trip attempt: (1d20+2)[14] touch attack against Suga's flat-footed. (1d20+1)[13] is the opposed Strength check if it hits. If Suga is already prone, that's a standard attack roll against Suga's full (flat-footed) AC -4 for being prone instead; critical threat check: (1d20+2)[7] Damage: (1d8)[4] Critical damage: (1d8)[7]

    >> Suga 9
    >> Tarak 5
    D4 7
    Celesta 4
    D3 3
    Feagon 18
    Grack 15
    D1 11

    Map updated. Suga and Tarak are up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-02-09 at 01:39 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The first dwarf's attack hits the doorframe but the second dwarf gets lucky and pulls back on Suga's ankle, dropping him to the ground. It doesn't phase the orc who gets gets right back up and swings his dire axe at both of them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Obviously the front two have flails, but what else do they (all 4) have? How are they armored? Shields?
    From OOC, Suga failed the STR check and is tripped.

    Stand up (move action), causing two AoOs. Suga will use Wall of Blades for the first one (immediate), if any, that would hit. I'm assuming they have +2 to hit from the above post, adjust as needed.
    D1: (1d20+2)[9]
    D2: (1d20+2)[3]
    Wall of Blades: (1d20+10)[12]

    Steel Wind to hit them both:
    D1 axe: (1d20+10)[12] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+10)[14]
    damage: (1d12+6)[12] crit: (2d12+12)[25] Slashing

    D2 axe: (1d20+10)[30] crit: (on 19+): (1d20+10)[20]
    damage: (1d12+6)[13] crit: (2d12+12)[18] Slashing
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Both the dwarves immediately attempt to trip Suga again. Whether they succeed or not, Suga misses the first one but his axe swing cuts the already-wounded one in half.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Melee touch attack: (1d20+2)[16] Opposed Strength check: (1d20+1)[4]
    Melee touch attack: (1d20+2)[12] Opposed Strength check: (1d20+1)[5] or if he's down at that point, the first one is a standard attack and I'll roll the damage if it hits the prone orc.

    You can't use an immediate action when flat-footed; it's the last sentence of the Immediate Actions section.

    They're wearing chain shirts and using heavy steel shields.

    Tarak is still up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    When one dwarf falls and the other drops his weapon, Tarak pushes through the doorway, circles behind the weaponless dwarf, aims a quick strike at the back of the dwarf's legs, then disappears.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AL6
    Standard Action: Attack (1d20+14)[21] Damage (1d6+5)[8]
    Immediate Action: Invisibility for 1 round
    *I don't believe the dwarf in the doorway threatens any squares without a weapon(unarmed strike maybe?), so I don't think he would take an AoO, but that's Kish's call.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2018-02-10 at 10:02 AM.

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak cuts down the unarmed dwarf and disappears. Another dwarf tries to charge Suga, but slams into the invisible Tarak, tumbling to the ground with a loud shout of alarm. Grack ducks through the door, circles around, and attacks the dwarf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tarak, make a DC 12 Reflex save to avoid falling prone.
    Dwarf's Reflex save: (1d20)[6]
    Grack's attack: (1d20+3)[13] Critical threat check: (1d20+3)[10] Damage: (1d6)[2] Critical damage: (1d6)[3]

    >> Celesta 4
    D3 3
    Feagon 18
    Suga 9
    >> Tarak 5
    D4 7
    Grack 7

    Map updated. Celesta is up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-02-10 at 12:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cool autumn breeze

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Ha! Alright!" Celesta shouts a battlecry and runs forward. She circles around to get the advantage to attack the closer dwarf from behind.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to AN5, I think she can get there without triggering AoOs from either.
    Attack D4: (1d20+9)[27] (flanking with Grack, included)
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7]
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

    DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    Unseen by the others, Tarak gets dumped unceremoniously to the stone floor when the charging dwarf slams into his back. A nearly silent "...oof!", followed by a muffled CRTHUMP is all the party notices.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2018-02-14 at 05:54 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #406
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Grack and Celesta cut down the fallen dwarf. The last survivor steps forward and tries to trip Celesta with her flail.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Melee touch attack: (1d20+2)[16] Opposed Strength check: (1d20+1)[8]

    If she hits but loses the Strength check, she'll drop the flail.

    >> Feagon 18
    Grack 15
    Suga 9
    Tarak 5
    Celesta 4
    D3 3

    Map is updated. Feagon is up.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-02-14 at 08:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  17. - Top - End - #407
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon calls out "Ha! That's all you lumps have?" as he moves into the room, trying to distract the last dwarf that is on Celesta as he takes aim and fires.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Feagon

    AC ~15; Current ~ 15
    HP ~ 35; Current ~ 35



    Shoot at D3
    (1d20+8)[24]

    Damage
    (1d8+2)[8]

    Crit 20/x3
    (1d20+8)[21]
    (2d8+4)[8]

    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  18. - Top - End - #408
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon's arrow fells the last dwarf.

    Spoiler
    Show
    150 XP each. Each dwarf has a flail, a dwarven waraxe, a chain shirt and a heavy steel shield; none of them are good enough quality to be magic.
    Last edited by Kish; 2018-02-15 at 11:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  19. - Top - End - #409
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cool autumn breeze

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Well they're all pretty weak", Celesta shrugs and lowers her spear. She briefly looks through the dwarves' possessions, but nothing interests her. "Let's go."
    Last edited by CWater; 2018-02-17 at 10:43 AM.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

    DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

  20. - Top - End - #410
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Agreed, but pointless loss of life is still pointless. Oh, well. Let us see if we can find anything about." as he walks along the wall, seeing if he spots anything.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Elven search
    Not sure if you want 1 or 10 searches, going from AK-4 to AP-4
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d20+7)[27]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[15]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d20+7)[8]
    (1d20+7)[26]
    (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d20+7)[24]

    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  21. - Top - End - #411
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    This seems to be a guard room. It appears rather spartan; nothing seems to be hidden and Feagon finds no secret doors.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The team finished the dwarves before Suga could get back into the action. "Well done." He wasn't happy that the dwarf had knocked him to the ground. He took one of the flails and attached it to his belt. He added four more dwarf beards to his collection. With no other findings in then room Suga starts heading back east to the other path, moving slowly until the others catch up.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  23. - Top - End - #413
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon, a bit disgusted by Suga grabbing the beards but understanding that is how they are going to get paid, hustles up to catch him as he knocks his bow.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin silently and invisibly pushes himself up from the floor, looks around at the fallen dwarfs with a slow shake of his head.

    As he begins to move he materializes, seemingly out of thin air near the doorway. He walks a few steps then leans against the doorjam as Feagon searches the room and Suga goes about his grisly business.

    When Suga says, "Well done." Tarak mutters to himself, "Was it? It was hardly even a fight, my friend."

    He's the last one out of the room, and lingers near the back of the pack as the party makes it way down the hallway.

  25. - Top - End - #415
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    A short flight of stairs to the south leads up to a large, ironbound door. A bloodstained orcish skull is fixed to the center of the door by an iron spike.

    To the north, at the end of this passageway, stands the statue of a fierce-looking dwarf in heavy mail armor. The stone warrior holds an axe in one hand and a smith's hammer in the other. The statue stands on a large stone pedestal; the whole structure is about 7 feet tall and must weigh many hundreds of pounds.

    Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Map updated.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Suga grinds his teeth seeing the skull on the door. He keeps his voice low to prevent alerting dwarves behind any of the doors around. "And collecting beards bothered you? Tarak, check for traps? I'd expect them around here."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  27. - Top - End - #417
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon shrugs slightly at Suga's comment.
    As Tarak moves forward, he moves so he can cover him as best he can while not interfering with his stealthy work.
    "It is what it is, that is all I can say. Necessary but not enjoyable. I'd rather not focus on this but make sure our friend is a safe as we can keep him."

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move to S-7 and ready an action to fire if something comes through the doorway.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin moves forward silently, grimaces at the sight of the gruesomely displayed orc head, then nods to his friend to move back.

    Turning his attention to the door, he thoroughly examines the frame and mechanism for any sign of traps or dangers.

    Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Take 20 = 32

  29. - Top - End - #419
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Griffon

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cool autumn breeze

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Celesta stands a little farther back, the last trap blow up a little too close to her liking and the others should have it covered if anything should charge out. But she has her spear ready to charge if she sees an enemy.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.
    Rhenner Calami, a snarky medic with an untrustworthy memory.

    DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

  30. - Top - End - #420
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The door is a heavy ironbound one; Tarak finds no traps and it does not appear to be locked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •