The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1467
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin jumps in horror when the flames erupt around Suga, but before he can move to try to help, they dissipate. He stares, silent and slack-jawed as the Orc walks out with a bit of...swagger.

    Looking over at Feagon with wide eyes, "I suppose we should just go and not ask any questions."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-05-30 at 11:33 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Feagon looks impressed by the change over Suga but looks at the spot where the flames erupted hesitantly.
    "Yeah... I don't think I want to give that a try. Let us be gone from the place." as he adjusts the weight of the body just a bit.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    Shouldering the sack, the hobgoblin follows Suga and Feagon through the complex, retracing their earlier path.

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You can hope.

    You carry the bodies to the bottom of the pit. Grenl and her guards gather at the top. "I'm not sure if this looks like success or failure," Grenl says, eyeing the bodies you're carrying.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Suga calls upward. "Partial success for us, full success for you, so have your people help us bring our cargo up." He puts the former Sir Bradford on the ground in a sitting position, and starts tying several of the vines around the human's shoulders and torso. Once secure, he climbs up to help hoist the load if need be.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin secures the rope they found on the human fighter to Sharwyn's body carefully, and hands the other end off to Suga as he climbs the vines. "I'll be up momentarily to assist. There's a promise I need to fulfill before we leave for good."

    Tarak crosses the open room, and disappears into the bugbear's quarters for a couple of minutes.

    Returning to the open pit he climbs up and helps pull the bodies and bag of loot up to the top floor.

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "I see." Grenl's tone suggests uncertainty about this assertion, but she does direct the other goblins to help raise the bodies, and soon you're all on the upper level of the Sunless Citadel.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "The kobolds are gone. The Hunter is gone. The Druid is gone. All of your folk down there were spared, with your help. You have this whole complex to yourselves now, with little effort on your part. There are two tunnels down there we may want to come back for at some point to explore. Otherwise I suggest not being an issue for the villagers down the road or traders that pass by." Suga looks to Feagon and Tarak to see if they had anything to add.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "Yes, you and yours can now breath easily, knowing this menace has been removed. We thank you for your help and hope we can continue this friendship and cooperation in the future." Feagon says with a polite bow.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    "Pity about the Hunter. Otherwise, well done. I'm glad to see your success." Grenl sounds curious, but mostly pleased.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Sunless Citadel IC 2

    Tarak

    With the gear and bodies brought to the surface, Tarak will turn to Grenl and the others, "It is as my companions have said. You and your clan quite literally have your run of this place. While do not share you sympathy for the one known as 'The Hunter', I can understand why you would feel that way. He was likely a valuable...asset, in terms of guarding and defending this place. It's probably small consolation, but these two brave individuals did try to talk him out of fighting us."

    Gathering up Sharwyn's body and motioning Feagon to the sack, "I believe it's my turn for a while."

    As the hobgoblin starts to walk away he turns back momentarily, "Suga is correct in his assessment. I suspect that if you don't give the people of Oakhurst reason to come here, they'll likely to leave you in peace."

    "Come on fellas, we've a bounty to collect, and more bad news to deliver."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-06-04 at 04:32 PM.

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Suga nods and hefts his load over his shoulder then heads to the exit where they had buried the others.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon nods to Tarak as he gives over the body. Taking his bow out he takes the lead as they take their leave and make their way back to town.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Perception
    (1d20+7)[9]

    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Your passage through the rest of the citadel is uneventful, and soon you're in the courtyard. Getting the bodies up to the top of the rope there looks problematic at best.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    Setting down the loot outside the Citadel entry. Tarak looks at Feagon and Suga, "Inter them here with the others? I see no feasible way we are going to get them up out of here."

    Recalling that Suga had mentioned something about that, the hobgoblin begins digging next to Rert's grave.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-06-07 at 10:32 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Suga nods in agreement to Tarak's question and gathers larger sized rocks to cover the resting places. Before interring the bodies he removes Sir Bradford's armor and anything else of note from either deceased.

    The bodies buried and covered to protect from scavengers, Suga honors a moment of silence.

    "Where to now? Explore those tunnels we saw first or head back to town?" Suga accepts either preference.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon, once Suga and Tarak mobilize, helps them with the graves. "Hopefully, these are temporary. Maybe we can set up a communication between the village and the underground dwellers... then again, maybe its best the above grounders stay there." Once the graves are set, he says the Prayer of Remembrance, asking for Ehlonna to look over the souls of their fallen.
    "I suppose a little more exploring isn't out of the question." as he hefted his spear.
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    The hobgoblin bows his head respectfully as Feagon says the Prayer of Remembrance then turns to the others, "I would rather not set foot back in that place, but will abide by whatever decision to the two of you make. My spells are spent, and my back is weary from carrying these things to the surface. I humbly submit, that we are doing our patron no favors by further delaying her anxiety regarding the fate of her kin."

    If the others choose to explore the tunnels, Tarak will follow. If the others choose to return to Oakhurst, Tarak will follow.

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    "Let's head to town then." Suga, injured from the battles below, heads up the rope first. He has the others tie the armor and other carried gear to the rope. He pulls the gear up then lowers the rope for the others to climb. Once everyone is up, Suga leads the way back to town, slowed by all of the gear carried.

    "Maybe not let the mistress see the armor when we get there, in respect. Feagon, want the armor? Better than what you wear now."
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

    Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Nothing attacks you during your trip back to town. From what Matron Hucrele said, she had no personal attachment to the warrior who was with Belak, only the woman.

    Spoiler: reminder
    Show
    This is something you found there, as well. Just to make sure you haven't forgotten it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak Nitis

    The hobgoblin's pace definitely picks up as the small group nears Oakhurst, "I can't tell you how happy I am to put that place behind me fellas. Just thinkin' about 'The Outcast' and his creepy experiments gives me the heebie-jeebies!"

    Taking the sack from Suga, "Why don't you take it easy for a bit big guy, I'll lug this thing the rest of the way." Suga notes that the village is already in sight just down the Old Road.

    When they get to the village, "Let's say we lighten our load a bit before we head over to Matron Hucrele.....not a conversation I'm looking forward to by the way."

    Setting the sack down in the road for a second to get his bearings, Tarak spots the merchant the group has done business with before. "There he is, let's go hock some of this stuff."

    Tarak makes a dramatic show as he plots down the sack in front of the merchant's counter, "We've some things we've accumulated since last we spoke, what say you?"

    Spoiler: Mundane Gear to Sell
    Show
    I'm going from the list I've kept on my character sheet. If ANYONE wants any of this stuff speak up!
    *4 Green Gems(Belak) - Tarak appraised at 20 gps each
    *3 Smoke Sticks
    *2 Waterskins
    *2 Bedrolls
    *2 Backpacks
    *Flint and Steel
    *Bullseye Lantern
    *Ancient non-magical book written in Draconic(ruined/flooded library)
    *Book magic(abjuration) book written in Draconic(Belak's office)

    Tarak can read Draconic, so he'll do an Appraise check(1d20+4) on the two books and check their subjects before truly negotiating to sell them.

    -NOTE: I'll assume market price(50%) and calculate everything up and post a total in the OC unless otherwise instructed....thanks Kish!

    EDIT TO ADD TOTAL: without the books and assuming that the appraisal on the gems is correct that comes to 80 gps and 1 sps at market price.



    Once concluded, Tarak will cross the street to the blacksmith's shop, "Ho Master Dwarf! We are returned with more items to sell. You've been fair and honest with us which is greatly appreciated!"

    Spoiler: Weapons/Armor
    Show
    Again if anyone wants any of this stuff speak up and we'll simply edit the totals!
    *Masterwork Sickle(Belak)
    *A sling and ten stones
    *A quarterstaff
    *A shortbow
    *Medium scale mail

    EDIT TO ADD: The quarterstaff and sling aren't worth anything so I crossed them out. Market price would come to a total of 193 gps.



    After their business is concluded, Tarak turns to Feagon and Suga, "Well, I suppose there's no putting it off any longer. Let's go inform the lady what happened to her kin."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-06-09 at 06:40 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    When Tarak opens the book that detected as magical, he has an instant to see that it's blank, before a fiery explosion strikes him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Each of you, and the merchant, take (1d4+4)[8] damage.


    The merchant screeches inarticulately in shock.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    As the book explodes in flame the hobgoblin reels backwards beating at his lose fitting close and fur to put out any lingering fire and sparks. "Holy crap! That was....illuminating. Not the sort of 'enlightenment' I was looking for from this text."

    Turning to the injured merchant, "My deepest apologies good man. Are you alright?"

    Deeply chagrined, Tarak fishes through his backpack and pulls out one of the curing potions, "Here, take this, I insist. It's the least I can do considering my foolishness."

    Spoiler: OC
    Show
    Ha! That's what I get for holding everyone up so we could further loot the dungeon. I bet you had a big grin on your face while you were typing that up didn't you Kish? You bugger!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    As they head back to town, Feagon considers Suga's words. "I'll think upon it. While I appreciate the extra protection it offers, my people, and Ehlonna, value fleetness..." he keeps his bow trained on the area as they move forward.

    As they make their way on their errands, the blast catches them all off guard. Rushing to the merchants side, he waves off Tarak's offer. "Ehlonna, heal this man of his wounds." Once the merchant is taken care of, he offers an apology. "There, none the worse for wear, just a scare to remind us all we are still alive."


    Spoiler
    Show

    Burn Barkskin for CMW
    (2d8+3)[14]
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    As his friend ministers to the merchant, Tarak nods with appreciation, "Thank you again. I never thought to examine the book for such a trap; t'is truly a nasty thing to keep in one's private quarters."

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The merchant accepts Feagon's healing and allows himself to be mollified, after making sure the store hasn't been damaged. The rest of the transactions go without explosions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    With the near disaster at the merchant's Tarak will carefully examine the other book before opening it to read the draconic script and try to approximate its value.

    Spoiler: Perception and Appraise
    Show
    Take 10 on the Perception = 20; Appraise at a +4


    Once that's complete Tarak will cast Read Magic and examine the four as of yet unidentified scrolls

    Spoiler: Scrolls
    Show

    Belak's Office Scrolls: 1 Abjuration and 1 Transmutation
    Dragon Flooded/Burnt Library: 2 scrolls w/o identified schools of magic


    Then on to the blacksmith's shop.

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Kish's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    The blacksmith looks up as you enter his shop. "Hello again. I see the goblins didn't eat you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RolandDeschain's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Tarak

    "No the goblins didn't eat us, and to be perfectly honest the goblins were the least of the problems in that light-forsaken ruin."


    Taking out the sack and laying items out for the dwarf to examine, "We've some items we would like to sell."

    Spoiler: Weapons/Armor
    Show

    *Masterwork Sickle(Belak)
    *A shortbow
    *Medium scale mail
    *Dire Ax
    *Spear
    If we get market price for everything that will be 75 gps EACH
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2017-06-12 at 02:13 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    razorback's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

    Feagon just smiles for a few moments while the Tarak speaks. "Aye, Master Dwarf, it is as my friend has said. Perhaps, some day, we can sit back and drink pints and recall the story."
    Hey, did my first homebrew class. Check it out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •