New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Forge of Fury IC

Celesta reduces the zombie to paste. Ashlyn steps up to slash at the last zombie, which continues to attack Tarak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashlyn attacks Z5: (1d20+9)[21] Damage: (1d8+3)[10]
    Z5 attacks Tarak: (1d20+6)[15] Critical threat check: (1d20+6)[22] Damage: (1d6+4)[6] Critical damage: (1d6+4)[9]

Map is updated. Celesta, Feagon, Suga, and Tarak are up.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Firbolg in the Playground

Suga delivers a crashing downward slash at the remaining zombie.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Emerald Razor
    Dire axe: (1d20+11)[19] Touch
    damage: (1d12+6)[16] + (2d6)[8]
    EDIT: Forgot the -2 damage from sickened.
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-12-01 at 09:48 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Feeling suddenly fatigued and sweaty, Tarak steadies himself and attacks the already shredded corpse in front of him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack 1 (1d0+7)[8]; damage (1d6+1)[5]
    Attack 2 (1d20+7)[18]; damage (1d6+1)[3]

4. - Top - End - #1444

Suga slices the last zombie into inactivity.

For the moment, no threats are visible, though that situation has seemed fleeting indeed since you arrived at Barovia.

Show
    1313 xp each. Suga and Ashlyn are sickened for (1d6+4)[9] minutes, or as long as it takes Suga to use Iron Heart Surge; the rest of you are sickened for the rest of your lives.

5. - Top - End - #1445

Suga calls upon his inner strength to clear himself of the deeply disturbing feeling from the stink of the ghasts. "Let's see what they thought was worthy in that building then get back to the inn." He heads into the place the ghasts had been using as their base and looks around.

Show
    Iron Heart Surge
    Use Hunter's Sense in the search.
    1313 xp = enough for a level up when we rest.
    Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Bending down to wipe the gore from his blades, Tarak concentrates on the healing powers of his belt.

"Suga, treasure means nothing to the mindless abominations.....sigh....alright, go see for yourself."

Situating himself at corner of the intersection, Tarak keeps watch as Suga checks the contents of the building.

Once everyone is together again, the hobgoblin speaks to Ashlyn, "I've been thinking. We should go see this wise woman you spoke of before heading off to the church to investigate in the morning. What, if anything, do you know about her?"
    Spoiler: Healing Belt
    Show
    healing (2d8)[8]

7. - Top - End - #1447

"Why would undead decide to hang out in there when there's a smorgasbord for them not too far away?" He'll search the place then come back. He'll nod to the others to head back to the inn while they talk.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Titan in the Playground

Feagon goes over and inspects the bodies as the others are speaking, disgust obvious on his face. "I have no idea... something must be driving them as the drive of undead to take away the lifeforce of the living is unquenchable."

Spoiler
    Show

Kn: Religion to figure out how to give rid of the sickness.
    (1d20+3)[4]

9. - Top - End - #1449

The building the ghasts were in when you arrived appears to have been deserted; Tarak remembers the ghasts talking as though they hadn't eaten anyone recently, so it seems most likely that they took over an abandoned building. Barovia in general seems to have substantially more houses than people to inhabit them, from what you've seen since arriving.

As you head back to the inn, Ashlyn says, "The townpeople spoke of her with something close to awe, saying she could predict the future and knows nearly everything. I couldn't find anyone who had spoken to her personally, so I was skeptical, but it still seemed like a good idea to look for more information before going straight to the church....Now, I think I made a mistake. I should have gone with my companions."

The barricade is undisturbed and the inn door opens when Ashlyn knocks and calls out, again.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Feagon, shivering slightly, leans up against a wall as he tries to bring up anything that might be causing the sickness but failing to remember.
    "Well, best not to dwell on it and work to make with the best with what you have at hand. Gaining what knowledge we can from this wise woman seems a good next step.
    Best to get on sooner than later is my thinking."

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

"I feel awful, and need to rest, but hope we can find some answers from this wise woman in whatever passes for morning in this god-forsaken place."

Looking around at the faces of the villagers gathered in the inn, the hobgoblin sighs heavily, then turns to Ashlyn, "Where can we hole up for some shut-eye?"

Spoiler: OC
    Show
    I've leveled up Tarak's character sheet, but have NOT 'refreshed' anything including hit points, spells, abilities, and magic items...

12. - Top - End - #1452

"Wise woman in the morning then."Suga enters the inn behind Ashlyn and announces. "That's another dozen undead wiped out, including some of the nastier ones. My friends could use something to ease their stomachs." He'll want to call it a night but not before cleaning up the undead gore that surely covers him.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Titan in the Playground

"So, where to stay then? And how hurt is everyone? I have a couple of spells to heal but nothing powerful enough to get ride of this sickness. At least we can rest at ease instead of the body mending itself."

14. - Top - End - #1454

"I have a few scratches, take care of the others first."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Looking at Feagon, "I'll be fine, but thank you friend. Just need some rest for now."

Throwing an arm around the towering orc, "You good to keep first watch Suga...we're gonna need you and that awesome ax of yours in the morning." Tarak shambles off to find a place to curl up and sleep.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last charge on healing belt (2d8)[6]

16. - Top - End - #1456

"First watch is fine. I'll wake you next."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

"I can take last watch, then. And, I'll take your lead." Feagon says as Tarak lays down.

18. - Top - End - #1458

None of the food the inn offers seems likely to sooth your nausea rather than adding to it, but you settle down in the inn's common room. The next morning, your wounds are slightly better, but you still feel just as sick as when you went to sleep; at least the disease doesn't seem to be progressing quickly.

After Feagon prepares spells and Ashlyn dons her armor, she tells you, "I spoke to some of the travelers here. Madam Eva's camp is apparently some hours travel to the west of town. They said they hadn't seen any zombies on the road, though."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

The hobgoblin sits quietly, cross-legged in the corner studying the drawings, diagrams, and notes from the large text he accepted from the monks at the library in Knurl.

After an hour of quiet contemplation he places the book back into his pack, pulls on his soft leather boots, stands and approaches the paladin. "Hours? I don't think so. No. Your friends went to the church....I've changed my mind. I'm going to the church. This is no passing illness. It did not fade nor weaken in the least its hold over me despite a night's rest.....the illness came from the walking dead. There are no dead villagers in the street. Think about it. It's the reason there's an unending supply of shambling dead. Note the number of empty houses and the paltry few survivors huddled here. It's spreading."

Muttering something about "unholy magic" and "dark curses" he walks out the door and into the street.

20. - Top - End - #1460

"Church, Madam, mansion, castle... what else? We need a map. Plan our route."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

"Feagon, you sure the burgomaster's son used the word 'infection'?"

Slowly turning in a circle, the hobgoblin looks for the tallest building from which to gain a better vantage point of the village.

22. - Top - End - #1462

As Tarak goes outside and looks around for a high vantage point, Ashlyn says, "The church isn't far. Less than an hour's travel, if we weren't impeded by zombies, north. And from what Ismark said last night, the mansion can't be much further, but in the other direction. Castle?" She blinks at that suggestion.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

"Ahhh... I don't remember if he used that word specifically, to be honest. It was either that or something very similar." the elf says with a sour look on his face.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

Pointing to the adjacent rooftops, "We should get up there and see if we can find a clear route to the church....or more accurately....the cemetery. I presume this place has a cemetery."

Turning back to his friend, "IF it's an infection, can you remove it? I fear we've been infected with whatever it is...."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-12-14 at 05:27 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

"No, I don't think so. Whatever it is is probably beyond my skill. Perhaps."

With that, as the others are preparing, he begins to pray to Ehlonna.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm thinking that he use Remove Disease instead of Mass Lesser Vigor and see if that works.

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ettin in the Playground

Tarak

As Feagon sets about his daily devotions, the hobgoblin's thoughts drift back to the one and only dead body the party came across that actually acted like a dead man should. Lifting the amulet hanging loosely around his neck, Tarak mutters to himself, "Who were you Viktor Litmunova? Did this amulet somehow protect you?" He knew there were magics that could be placed on a body to protect it from necromatic corruption, but his earlier attempt to identify the amulet's magics had failed. Feagon and Celesta had conveyed the burgomaster's son's words about his sister and father, "What's the 'Holy Symbol of Ravenkind'? Why doesn't he think possessing it will do us any good?" Apparently Koylan wasn't or hasn't been raised as a zombie either. The hobgoblin pounds his fist in his palm in frustration.

Recalling the dismal and dreary trip into town, could it be that the very land itself cursed? Maybe there weren't any other dead bodies because the ghasts they fought earlier weren't alone. What if all of the bodies have been eaten? Barking an entirely mirthless laugh, "What a disgusting and vicious circle that would be....a necromancer unleashes zombies on the village, followed up by a horde of ghasts to consume all of the evidence. Tidy. Disgusting and heinous for sure, but tidy." Frowning, "This Strahd character has apparently ruled for a 'thousand years', that sure sounds like a powerful necromancer to me, AND Koylan 'stood up' to him with a 'Holy Symbol'."

Heaving a sigh, "Curse, disease, or necromancer simply raising the dead?" No closer to any answers, Tarak waits for Feagon to finish his prayers. Looking around, Tarak grabs one of the locals, "The church....it has a cemetery, yes?"

"Who's the local priest?"

"Does he speak holy words over the dead?"

"I can't believe I'm asking this, but do the dead....um.....stay dead?"
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-12-15 at 11:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Once he has made his peace with Ehlonna and recieved her blessing for the day, Feagon waits until Tarak has finished asking his questions. Once he has his answers and is clear of the locals, he goes up to him and prays over him.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Remove Disease on Tarak. Let's see if it works.

28. - Top - End - #1468

"Her friends went to the church first and didn't return. Better to seek the wise woman then the church. She may know what to do once we get to the church."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1469

Tarak's queasy feeling subsides. (Tarak is no longer sickened.)

Ashlyn looks back and forth between Tarak and Suga, looking visibly torn. She opens her mouth as if to say something, but closes it again.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

"Speak your mind... we are all friends and allies here, each with a voice and opinion as valid as any others." the exhausted looking elf says.