New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default For da Ovahlord![Creature]

After playing Overlord, I felt inspired to stat out the little beasties. as of right now, I have one. The green one.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: For da Ovahlord![Creature]

Green Minion Swarm
    Tiny (Swarm)
    HD 10d6-20 (25 HP)
    Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Init: +2
    AC 14; touch 14; flat-footed 10
    (AC DETAILS)
    BAB +8; Grp +0
    Space 10' ft.; Reach 0' ft.
    Special Attacks Swarm grapple, distract
    Special Qualities Poison immunity, Vulnerability to fire, Pillage and burn, Tied to the Overlord, Lifeforce sense, For the Overlord!
    Saves Fort +3 Ref +7 Will +3
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 14, Con 6, Int 6, Wis 6, Cha 10
    Skills
    Feats Improved grapple
    Environment Forest
    Organization solitary
    Challenge Rating 3

You notice a small group of creatures resmebling a miniature goblin Grin at you mischeviously before jumping on top of you stabbing with their tiny weapons and biting

Distraction(Ex)- DC 13

Swarm Grapple(Ex)- Instead of dealing damage, every turn a creature is on a square this creature occupied, the swarm attempts to grapple with the creature in the square. A swarm that is grappled deals it's damage automatically.

Pillage and burn(Ex)- Minions are incredibly ingenous when it comes to weapons and armor. they use whatever they can find for weapon and armor. If they come upon armor/weapons and corpses with natural armor and natural attacks they will Destroy the armor/destroy the corpse changing it into armor/weapons effective to them. They change their damage type to the weapon if greater or add to their ac as armor if better then then before. Non-brown minions can't use two handed weapons. Reds can't grab weapons. Blus can use staffs and wands as weapons instead.

Poison immunity- Greens are immune to poisons of any sort.

Vulnerability to fire

Tied to the Overlord(Ex)- Minions are tied to their master or mistress and if (s)he is reduced to negative Hit points, all minions within 200' by the overlord at this time drop dead. Also, they use their controller's will saves if they are better than theirs.

Lifeforce sense(Ex)- Minions feed off lifeforce of other creatures, being all males with no females. Anytime a minion kills a foe It gives the lifeforce to it's master. when ten HD of creatures and has their life force given to the Overlord, (s)he can create a swarm of reds, blues, greens or browns who form from the area around their nest.

For the Overlord!(Ex)- Minions are very brave and whentheir swarm is reduced to 0 hitpoints it is considered completely killed instead of disbanded.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, I can say nothing about balance, but the green one's, being the asassins, should have some backstab/sneak attack sort of thing. Now you just have the browns.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kalessin View Post
    Well, I can say nothing about balance, but the green one's, being the asassins, should have some backstab/sneak attack sort of thing. Now you just have the browns.
    tried to the whole thing where they're are are about five all jumping on top of a guy thing and stabbing/biting/otherwisemutilating him. They can pin and deal automatic swarm damage, so if they manage to get on something and starts getting a pin, and if said minions found a powerful weapon to cannibalize it doesn't look good for the greens...

how about this

Hanger-on(Ex)- anytime someone deals damage to the swarm while it is grappling, other then the player currently in the square, deals half the dealt damage before it is halved is dealt to the player being grappled.
    Last edited by firepup; 2007-07-30 at 11:54 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

I know this is a bit of a necropost, but might I suggest creating a generic "minion" and then creating Red, Blue, Green and Brown templates?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)