New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 3 (Revenge of the Past)

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice nodded. "Right? You've just got to keep in mind what people are used to, that's all."

"So, how's the party going for you?" she asked, trying to get the topic moving in that direction again.
    Everyone seems to be having alot of fun. And they all seem to want my attention. It's nice and all. But I don't know how Sam does it. Ophelia comments showing a little fatigue as she smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Some, yes. It was also ineffective in a strong wind, which is common in sea battles. As soon as a ship was out of range of a siphon, they were safe. Also, it still required fuel, unlike a basic ram. It was a tool to be used tactically, not something that made their navies invincible."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "Tachi a good person, that's a good one." Darla replies still laughing.
    "He is!" Emma said with an angry pout, "You're like, his best friend. Why would you not think he's a good person?"

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Some, yes. It was also ineffective in a strong wind, which is common in sea battles. As soon as a ship was out of range of a siphon, they were safe. Also, it still required fuel, unlike a basic ram. It was a tool to be used tactically, not something that made their navies invincible."
    "Even if they caught fire beforehand they were safe?" Alexandria comments.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "He is!" Emma said with an angry pout, "You're like, his best friend. Why would you not think he's a good person?"
    "I'm not saying he's a bad person, he's just not a good one." Darla remarks. "Plus he's fun to be around."

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

"No, they worked in proper conditions. It's just that ramming boats was easier than getting close enough when there was no wind while carrying the fuel. It scared people, which was what it was really good for. It was more useful as an early grenade, but that gets back to needing to have witches specifically using it, so it never saw widespread use. Anyways, that's a bit of a diversion from where we started.

By the way, would you mind encouraging people to leave Ophelia alone in regards to the dolls?"

Show

6. - Top - End - #216

"No, they worked in proper conditions. It's just that ramming boats was easier than getting close enough when there was no wind while carrying the fuel. It scared people, which was what it was really good for. It was more useful as an early grenade, but that gets back to needing to have witches specifically using it, so it never saw widespread use. Anyways, that's a bit of a diversion from where we started.

By the way, would you mind encouraging people to leave Ophelia alone in regards to the dolls?"
    "Oh yeah, sure..... Do you think they are the ones cooking?" Alexandria remarked.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Everyone seems to be having alot of fun. And they all seem to want my attention. It's nice and all. But I don't know how Sam does it. Ophelia comments showing a little fatigue as she smiles.
    Alice nodded. "But it's fun, right?" she asked with a smile. "I mean, people like you - you're popular! That's never a bad thing," she said.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #218

Alice nodded. "But it's fun, right?" she asked with a smile. "I mean, people like you - you're popular! That's never a bad thing," she said.
    Oh yeah, it is. It's just exhausting. Ophelia remarks.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, it is. It's just exhausting. Ophelia remarks.
    "Well, look at the party as a chance to relax and unwind, then," Alice said with a smile. "So, tell me: what is your favorite part about Christmas so far?"

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #220

"Well, look at the party as a chance to relax and unwind, then," Alice said with a smile. "So, tell me: what is your favorite part about Christmas so far?"
    The gingerbread houses. Ophelia replies.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

[Make a conflict check]
    [Conflict: (1d6-1)[5]]
    Last edited by Meriss; 2017-06-19 at 01:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Episode 5 Scene 1

With the Christmas party over, and New Year's eve happened, Ophelia ended up throwing a smaller party. Just her close friends, and of course her parents, for New years.

As the ball drops. You all know it's common for couples to kiss, and well you aren't a couple with Ophelia yet....

But how are you going to convince Ophelia to throw caution to the wind.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d9 Be your very charming self for Ophelia. +3 Vp with Ophelia.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Alice had gone all-out on her outfit for Ophelia's New Year's Eve party, determined to have the sorceress looking at no one but her all night. In fact, she'd brought a couple changes of clothes, just in case Ophelia's parents noticed her and insisted she change. Above the waist she was wearing nothing but a fishnet top over a strapless, lacy black bra, while below she wore a pair of skinny jeans. She knew Ophelia liked her chest and intended to emphasize it in full.

Earlier in the night she'd made sure to tell Ophelia about how it was normal to share a kiss with someone at the stroke of midnight on New Year's, and not-subtly hinted that she'd be very happy to be the one she did that with. So as midnight approached she'd been stuck to her friend like glue, her arms wrapped around one of Ophelia's. "Almost time..." she whispered in a sultry tone, watching Ophelia's expression for any sign of interest and eying her lips hopefully.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 1/3.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma came to the party, but not alone. Despite Ophelia's intention on the party being only for her close friends, Emma arrived with a small entourage of her worshippers, including her father and mother, all dressed in ceremonial robes.

"I'm sorry if we're too loud," she whispered to Ophelia as her dad started leading an 'Exhalation Service' in front of another worshiper with a camera, "I'm supposed to be leading a ceremony to usher in the New Year, and this is the best compromise I could come up with. We're live-streaming it to everyone else so they can follow along, but I'm going to need to go between them and you guys until it's over."

"Our Emerald Maiden!" High Priest Edwards suddenly interjects, "Come, tell us what the New Year will hold for your followers!"

"Uh oh, gotta go!" Emma said, putting a gold laurel on her head, "Hey, I have an idea! Come with me."

She pulls Ophelia up in front of the camera, then says, "Everyone, this is my friend Ophelia! Say hi!"

"Greetings, Ophelia!" the followers present chant in unison.

"Now, I've got big plans going forward into the New Year! I want to spread my love to a bunch of new people, and make allies outside of our faith! While that might sound odd to some of you, remember what we learned years before: I cannot force people to worship me, especially if I want to be a good goddess. But we can show everyone that you guys aren't dangerous or creepy, and that we deserve to be recognized as a real religion, instead of just some cult! So give thanks for that!"

"Praise be!" the followers chant, "We are not a cult!"

"Good! But don't think all of my attention in the coming year will be focused on external matters. I want to deal with issues concerning you all as well! Like continuing the cleansing sessions for those who still need them, and increasing the educational standards for our community, and finally catching those jerks who keep stealing our gates!"

"Let there be Divine Retribution for the Gate Thieves!" the followers chant.

"I'll also be going over all of the requests you will be writing down at home tomorrow morning. I'm sorry again for not being there to hear them in person this year, but I am so thankful to have such understanding followers as you! Seriously, you guys are the best!"

Emma hears the countdown starting, and says, "Oh, everyone! It's almost time! Be sure to show appreciation to your loved ones for this coming year! I brought my friend Ophelia here because this is the first New Year's celebration she can remember, so I want it to be special! And in the New Year's tradition of everyone in general, I will be bestowing my New Year's blessing on her with a kiss!"

Emma looks over at Ophelia, suddenly looking more nervous than she had in front of the camera, "I-If you want it, that is. I, uh... didn't really think that part through until just now."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), Mandate of the Emerald Maiden if failed.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Athena, unfortunately, does not make much of a positive impression at the beginning of the party. Showing up fairly late didn't help much, and her attitude upon coming in was surprisingly emotional, if not frustrated. "That infernal machine!" she shouts as her mother drives away. "Five hours! Five hours that father and I spent working to restore everything to working order! All because some imbecile behind us last night did not understand that when there is water on a road surface, coefficients of static friction grow very close to zero, and that coefficients of kinetic friction, barring chemical action, are going to be even lower! But no, why would someone understand basic physics! It's not like it's a necessary skill when learning to drive that every human being with basic cognitive function should possess anyways!" Indeed, her appearance suggests that, while she since changed clothes for the party, she didn't have the time to bathe or otherwise clean the various greases and oils off of her face and arms. Two large, grey smears are visible on her face, and her hair even is still tied back to keep out of her face when she was working.

As the evening goes on, Athena quickly finds herself regretting her outburst at the beginning of the party as the others all surround the object of her... was it affection? No, it couldn't be. She was a pleasure to be around, but that alone does not mean that those feelings need be affection... Focus. She was interested in further studying the other girl. Nothing more. Still, she should make some gesture of restitution to her host, given her behavior earlier.

"Um... Ophelia? I just wanted to... apologize, for the scene that I created on arrival. It was unprofessional, and rude, to bring the problems of my day to your dwelling when that was not the reason I was invited."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I can't make that check with Allure (-1)

Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Samantha did her best to keep nearby, but was busy keeping up with all her friends, and couldn't really dedicate time to Ophelia.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Neutral Allure, +0 total. Can't justify both Connections and School Queen to myself, and that's the only way I'm making this one. Best of luck to Alice though.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi was in his element, flitting here and there like a humming bird. He paused only briefly to chat with Ophelia.

"Now remember darling. New Year's Eve is all about new beginnings. So please don't be disappointed if I fall flat on my face after midnight. The spiritual energy is just a bit much for me. But, before I do could you please consider me for your midnight kiss."

The incubus purrs seductively in the sorceresses ear. His frilly navy blue silk shirt let's the girl see, well everything.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1, Shameless +2, Temptation +2; Total: 5
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates.
    Faustian Pact on Athena.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2017-06-26 at 05:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samantha did her best to keep nearby, but was busy keeping up with all her friends, and couldn't really dedicate time to Ophelia.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Neutral Allure, +0 total. Can't justify both Connections and School Queen to myself, and that's the only way I'm making this one. Best of luck to Alice though.
    That's when Sam gets a text from a few of her friends.

"Pay attention to us!" What does she do?

Athena, unfortunately, does not make much of a positive impression at the beginning of the party. Showing up fairly late didn't help much, and her attitude upon coming in was surprisingly emotional, if not frustrated. "That infernal machine!" she shouts as her mother drives away. "Five hours! Five hours that father and I spent working to restore everything to working order! All because some imbecile behind us last night did not understand that when there is water on a road surface, coefficients of static friction grow very close to zero, and that coefficients of kinetic friction, barring chemical action, are going to be even lower! But no, why would someone understand basic physics! It's not like it's a necessary skill when learning to drive that every human being with basic cognitive function should possess anyways!" Indeed, her appearance suggests that, while she since changed clothes for the party, she didn't have the time to bathe or otherwise clean the various greases and oils off of her face and arms. Two large, grey smears are visible on her face, and her hair even is still tied back to keep out of her face when she was working.

As the evening goes on, Athena quickly finds herself regretting her outburst at the beginning of the party as the others all surround the object of her... was it affection? No, it couldn't be. She was a pleasure to be around, but that alone does not mean that those feelings need be affection... Focus. She was interested in further studying the other girl. Nothing more. Still, she should make some gesture of restitution to her host, given her behavior earlier.

"Um... Ophelia? I just wanted to... apologize, for the scene that I created on arrival. It was unprofessional, and rude, to bring the problems of my day to your dwelling when that was not the reason I was invited."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I can't make that check with Allure (-1)
    I'm surprised your parents didn't tell you to clean up earlier. Like I understand having you help out early, but eventually shouldn't they have told you to get ready for the party. Ophelia comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi was in his element, flitting here and there like a humming bird. He paused only briefly to chat with Ophelia.

"Now remember darling. New Year's Eve is all about new beginnings. So please don't be disappointed if I fall flat on my face after midnight. The spiritual energy is just a bit much for me. But, before I do could you please consider me for your midnight kiss."

The incubus purrs seductively in the sorceresses ear. His frilly navy blue silk shirt let's the girl see, well everything.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1, Shameless +2, Temptation +2; Total: 5
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates.
    Faustian Pact on Athena
    Ta...tachi... Ophelia says clearly tempted but pushing you away. My parents are right here. She points out with a jerk of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma came to the party, but not alone. Despite Ophelia's intention on the party being only for her close friends, Emma arrived with a small entourage of her worshippers, including her father and mother, all dressed in ceremonial robes.

"I'm sorry if we're too loud," she whispered to Ophelia as her dad started leading an 'Exhalation Service' in front of another worshiper with a camera, "I'm supposed to be leading a ceremony to usher in the New Year, and this is the best compromise I could come up with. We're live-streaming it to everyone else so they can follow along, but I'm going to need to go between them and you guys until it's over."

"Our Emerald Maiden!" High Priest Edwards suddenly interjects, "Come, tell us what the New Year will hold for your followers!"

"Uh oh, gotta go!" Emma said, putting a gold laurel on her head, "Hey, I have an idea! Come with me."

She pulls Ophelia up in front of the camera, then says, "Everyone, this is my friend Ophelia! Say hi!"

"Greetings, Ophelia!" the followers present chant in unison.

"Now, I've got big plans going forward into the New Year! I want to spread my love to a bunch of new people, and make allies outside of our faith! While that might sound odd to some of you, remember what we learned years before: I cannot force people to worship me, especially if I want to be a good goddess. But we can show everyone that you guys aren't dangerous or creepy, and that we deserve to be recognized as a real religion, instead of just some cult! So give thanks for that!"

"Praise be!" the followers chant, "We are not a cult!"

"Good! But don't think all of my attention in the coming year will be focused on external matters. I want to deal with issues concerning you all as well! Like continuing the cleansing sessions for those who still need them, and increasing the educational standards for our community, and finally catching those jerks who keep stealing our gates!"

"Let there be Divine Retribution for the Gate Thieves!" the followers chant.

"I'll also be going over all of the requests you will be writing down at home tomorrow morning. I'm sorry again for not being there to hear them in person this year, but I am so thankful to have such understanding followers as you! Seriously, you guys are the best!"

Emma hears the countdown starting, and says, "Oh, everyone! It's almost time! Be sure to show appreciation to your loved ones for this coming year! I brought my friend Ophelia here because this is the first New Year's celebration she can remember, so I want it to be special! And in the New Year's tradition of everyone in general, I will be bestowing my New Year's blessing on her with a kiss!"

Emma looks over at Ophelia, suddenly looking more nervous than she had in front of the camera, "I-If you want it, that is. I, uh... didn't really think that part through until just now."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), Mandate of the Emerald Maiden if failed.
    Ophelia red in the face, kisses you on the lips.

Seriously Emma...? She whispers as she does so.

Alice had gone all-out on her outfit for Ophelia's New Year's Eve party, determined to have the sorceress looking at no one but her all night. In fact, she'd brought a couple changes of clothes, just in case Ophelia's parents noticed her and insisted she change. Above the waist she was wearing nothing but a fishnet top over a strapless, lacy black bra, while below she wore a pair of skinny jeans. She knew Ophelia liked her chest and intended to emphasize it in full.

Earlier in the night she'd made sure to tell Ophelia about how it was normal to share a kiss with someone at the stroke of midnight on New Year's, and not-subtly hinted that she'd be very happy to be the one she did that with. So as midnight approached she'd been stuck to her friend like glue, her arms wrapped around one of Ophelia's. "Almost time..." she whispered in a sultry tone, watching Ophelia's expression for any sign of interest and eying her lips hopefully.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 1/3.
    Ophelia mesmirized by Alice's natural charm plants a kiss on her as soon as she gets back from Emma.

You look fantastic. She mumbled warmly.
    Last edited by Illven; 2017-06-26 at 04:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Did she seriously not notice? "Ophelia, I was already an hour late. Taking the time to do all of that would have likely made it another hour." More if her mother had anything to say about it. "At that point, there would have been little point in going."

Show

20. - Top - End - #230

Did she seriously not notice? "Ophelia, I was already an hour late. Taking the time to do all of that would have likely made it another hour." More if her mother had anything to say about it. "At that point, there would have been little point in going."
    No. No. I meant. Was your aid in repairs so vital that they needed you? Ophelia commented.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

No. No. I meant. Was your aid in repairs so vital that they needed you? Ophelia commented.
    Athena looks at Ophelia like she had asked the girl to float three feet off the ground. "Yes. Between two of us, the repair time was more than halved. My father would still be working on the vehicle right now if I had abandoned him. He ought to be able to enjoy New Years Eve with my mother, after all, and she needs to be able to get to work tomorrow, so it couldn't exactly wait."

Show

22. - Top - End - #232

Athena looks at Ophelia like she had asked the girl to float three feet off the ground. "Yes. Between two of us, the repair time was more than halved. My father would still be working on the vehicle right now if I had abandoned him. He ought to be able to enjoy New Years Eve with my mother, after all, and she needs to be able to get to work tomorrow, so it couldn't exactly wait."
    Ah, that was what I was missing, my apologies. Ophelia says curtsying slightly.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Athena forces a smile, nodding. "So, how's the rest of your night been?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ta...tachi... Ophelia says clearly tempted but pushing you away. My parents are right here. She points out with a jerk of her head.
    Tachi smiles impishly at Ophelia. "And my mother is right behind them. You don't see me objecting, do you?"

Tachi's smile fades and his brow wrinkles as the sorceress kisses the girls. "Darling, if you weren't interested in boys, all you had to do was say so. I'm old, but I'm hardly Mrs Grundy."
    Last edited by Meriss; 2017-06-26 at 06:06 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Ophelia mesmirized by Alice's natural charm plants a kiss on her as soon as she gets back from Emma.

You look fantastic. She mumbled warmly.
    Alice barely resisted the temptation to try and push the kiss further than Ophelia's peck. She was happy even getting that, but mainly because Ophelia had been so hesitant to go even this far before. She really wished she could get the other girl to actually make out with her.

But Ophelia wasn't ready for that yet, she guessed. Baby steps. "I thought you'd like it," she purred happily, wrapping one arm around Ophelia's waist. "Happy New Year."

26. - Top - End - #236

Athena forces a smile, nodding. "So, how's the rest of your night been?"
    Pretty good. Alot less stressful now that there's less people. Ophelia replied.

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi smiles impishly at Ophelia. "And my mother is right behind them. You don't see me objecting, do you?"

Tachi's smile fades and his brow wrinkles as the sorceress kisses the girls. "Darling, if you weren't interested in boys, all you had to do was say so. I'm old, but I'm hardly Mrs Grundy."
    ... Well... Emma... I don't know... I just felt.... abit pressured you know. I like both... Ophelia replied.

Alice barely resisted the temptation to try and push the kiss further than Ophelia's peck. She was happy even getting that, but mainly because Ophelia had been so hesitant to go even this far before. She really wished she could get the other girl to actually make out with her.

But Ophelia wasn't ready for that yet, she guessed. Baby steps. "I thought you'd like it," she purred happily, wrapping one arm around Ophelia's waist. "Happy New Year."
    Happy New year Alice. Here's to a whole new year of exciting new objects.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, I can imagine..." Athena says, sighing a little. She had noticed, earlier with some of the girls, and something about it felt... painful. Should she bother to even say? ...no, not unless pried. "Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of crowds either," she adds with an awkward laugh.

Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Happy New year Alice. Here's to a whole new year of exciting new objects.
    Alice raised an eyebrow at that. "'Exciting new objects?'" she echoed questioningly, sounding amused at the odd wording.

29. - Top - End - #239

"Yeah, I can imagine..." Athena says, sighing a little. She had noticed, earlier with some of the girls, and something about it felt... painful. Should she bother to even say? ...no, not unless pried. "Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of crowds either," she adds with an awkward laugh.
    Especially when it's put on a show please. Like when you're the host. Ophelia replied.

30. - Top - End - #240

Alice raised an eyebrow at that. "'Exciting new objects?'" she echoed questioningly, sounding amused at the odd wording.
    Sorry. All new outfits I meant. Ophelia replied facepalming.