New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Help me remember a webcomic

I was reading it quite a few years ago, 2010 or so, and I don't remember it all that well. It was about the zanny adventures of a bald, kinda crazy guy and his group of gamer friends in the present day. I only remember an asian woman with colorful hair, and a cousin who was the boring one, though there were definitely others. There may have been a DnD campaign as well. Pretty good art. Does it ring a bell for anyone?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Help me remember a webcomic

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I was reading it quite a few years ago, 2010 or so, and I don't remember it all that well. It was about the zanny adventures of a bald, kinda crazy guy and his group of gamer friends in the present day. I only remember an asian woman with colorful hair, and a cousin who was the boring one, though there were definitely others. There may have been a DnD campaign as well. Pretty good art. Does it ring a bell for anyone?
    You are looking for the ministry of abnormality. I can't link to it cause I literally created this account to answer you.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

That's it, thanks! I recognise the art, the author's avatar is the protagonist I was looking for. And it looks like he just started a new comic, so that's a nice coincidence. But I can't find the old comic's archives anywhere. Is it because the site's new and they haven't been transfered yet?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

This got me curious, so I thought I would see what I could figure out. (Actually, I'm procrastinating.) I found a "Ministry of Abnormality," but it doesn't seem to match your description very well.

The Ministry of Abnormality is the new comic. It has only 9 pages so far. The Bonebreakers seems to be an in-game adventure party story. All pages for both are here. When you read them, use the control on the right to show the pages at "original" size. Maybe there was a third (even earlier?) comic as well at some point? If so, I don't know where it would be. I'm not seeing any comics starring a bald human guy with human friends, so I suspect there was another comic at some point.

It looks like http://thebonebreakers.com/ has been abandoned. I think that was the original website. Comic Rocket was expecting some archived pages to be there, but they aren't.

You might want to follow the author/artist's tumblr.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-05-21 at 03:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for looking into it. There was indeed a third comic, the one I'm still looking for. I knew this was it because the avatar on his patreon is that bald guy and the new comic's art style is the same, just better.

Now, browsing his tumblr I found a page from the old comic. Unfortunately the url points to nowhere. I'd guess it was taken down at some point, but it's weird there's no explanation anywhere I could find.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Maybe the entire website is being redone because of the new comic? You might want to keep an eye on the gallery section. What's there so far was uploaded earlier this month, so he might upload the rest when he has time.