New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto ITP: The Warring States [Recruitment/Interest]

Hmm.. Momoe is mostly be about arrow tricks, that are sort of Taijutsu(?)
    and kangaroo summonings
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Moving forward with the character, then. I'm going to put a call on the 8-tails.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

3. - Top - End - #33

RedWizardGuy

Naruto, eh? And in a time period where making reliable weapons is a specialized task instead of par for course. I have an idea in mind that can work with that, assuming it's alright.

Spoiler: The Smith
    Show

Name: Kenta Tousho
    Height: 6'6
    Weight: 80kg
    Species: Human
    Station: Hermit/Exile

Description:
    At 6'6 and broad shouldered, he is likened unto a looming mountain. Kenta has a voluminous mane of red hair and has started to sprout a beard to go with it. While he still has some filling out to do, he is already large enough to be mistaken for a giant by some.

Personality:
    Kenta's driving force is a burning need to perfect his skills. He has given up on obtaining revenge for what happened to his clan, and has been focusing his time and efforts since then on being the best he can be at whatever he sets his mind to. It's resulted in a fair amount of perfectionism and too much attention to details.

History:
    Kenta was born into a clan of ninja with the secret of titanic strength. At least, that was their signature technique. At it's baseline, not really much more than using a natural gift for chakra control to increase their physical might with pin point focusing, but it's fairly impressive when someone hucks a boulder around. Kenta, in particular, was the son of the clan's smiths, with a natural affinity for earth, a talent for chakra control, and some relatively minor jutsu they managed to supply the clan with weapons of fairly above average quality. Weapons that, instead of breaking against hard targets would bend and come back to true. Weapons that were mistaken for magical.

Given the small nature of the clan, it wasn't long until a larger, more combat optimized clan decided that it was going to dominate the nameless little clan Kenta was from. And while some of the clan was, indeed caught and subjugated with genjutsu and other such trickery, Kenta's parents managed to make a break for it with him. They got a fair distance away, but ultimately were run into a dead end. It was there that Kenta's parents made their last stand, and ordered him to fleet with their ultimate earth jutsu, one they had developed to help retrieve ores without having to mine, one that allowed the user to swim through the earth like water and not suffocate.

His parents died that day, and Kenta hid himself away in the mountains. Swimming between caves, alcoves, and pockets of air that had no natural means of entry. Eventually he made his way to a bowl valley with no natural entrance. Within it's hidden foliage, it's pond at the base of a waterfall, it's modicum of animal life, Kenta made his home and worked on refining the skills of his clan. He did more than simply work on the jutsu of his clan in this time away from the world, he worked with metals that he could retrieve, worked to build on his knowledge of the smithing art, and most of all- set new challenges to overcome consistently. In the pursuit of his ever changing goal posts, he has developed a few minor jutsu, and refined the ones he knew. Armed with 'the best damn sword his father could never have made' Kenta is ready to emerge from his years of hiding and see how the world has changed. After all, he either has a clan to rebuild, or it's time to seek a new one out.

While he has ventured out of his sanctuary from time to time, it has mainly been for the purpose of hunting or gathering supplies that were not available in the sanctuary location itself. In any of these given trips, he avoided contact with people entirely on the off chance that the clan that had subjugated and broken his might still be around or looking for him. But a man needs meat, and that doesn't grow on trees. Nor do bear pelts, and after you shoot up a few feet in height the tattered remains of your childhood clothes tend not to be enough to really count as clothes any more.

His occasional excursions and the loud noises that sometimes escaped his sanctuary have resulted in a handful of rumors about the area he has been hiding in. Ghost stories to explain the loud noises that sometimes echo out, and even a few stories about unseen monsters when the remains of some of his larger kills were found. After all, he couldn't haul back the entire corpse of a monstrous bear when he had to go through the ground. A complete skeleton, some of the meat, an utter lack of a skin, and so on is bound to start some rumors.

Story So Far:
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:

Ninjutsu- overall rating Rank C

Genjutsu- overall rating Rank E (he doesn't know any and hasn't trained in this area)

Taijutsu- overall rating Rank B

Chakra Control- Rank A

Jutsu:
    Wall Walking (Rank E technique)

Water Walking (Rank D technique)

Great Leaping (Rank D baseline technique, it's a chakra control technique whose name is pretty self explanatory. It's used for jumping superhuman distances)

Strength Increasing (up to the titanic strength his clan was known for, he has super human strength) (Rank D baseline technique)

Speed Increasing (another chakra control technique for increasing movement and reaction speed, He can't keep both up at their limit at the same time) (Rank D baseline technique)

Skin Hardening (Another chakra control technique, this one for increasing one's resilience to attacks, hitting his skin while this is up is much like hitting steel, or granite. In the same family of techniques as Speed and Strength increasing, making it impossible to keep all of them at their limit at the same time) (Rank D baseline technique)

Underground Displacement Technique (allowing the user to effectively swim through the earth, and with higher levels of mastery rock) C Rank earth jutsu

Inner Decapitation Technique (in conjunction with Underground Displacement, the user drags the target underground, generally by the feet, so as to leave the neck and head exposed for easy decapitation) C rank earth jutsu (one he developed on his own)

Heat Dissipation Technique (While not effective enough on it's own to stop potent fire jutsu, the heat dissipation technique is one that Kenta was taught by his parents to help with smithing. After all, if you have the strength for it, being able to handle your heated ingot by hand can make it a lot easier to shape the way you want it. It can, at best, be used to put out weak fire jutsu and walk through a burning building unscathed. It does not protect your clothing or any of your stuff, though, so while badass, it's still not a good idea. It's also not going to stop that Grand Fireball from cooking you to death) Rank D fire jutsu?

Chakra Reinforcement (Another clan technique. It involves infusing your chakra into the weapon you are wielding at the time to reinforce it. While it doesn't stop low quality weapons from snapping in the hands of titanic strength users, it does tend to keep the kinds of weapons that Kenta and his family supplied from breaking under the strain. This technique doesn't make the weapon any sharper, but it might be useful as the basis of other weapons based techniques.) D rank chakra control technique.

Cloud Hopping (What Kenta has been working on most recently with regards to chakra control based jutsu. It is, essentially, an extreme application of Water Walking, Great Leaping, and Speed Increasing. Infusing objects encountered mid air for the briefest of moments with enough chakra to hold them still enough to jump off of, then repeating that process rapidly. The end result looking much like a blur running on air, or a person bounding on clouds, Kenta has been working on this technique because, in his own words, "It's awesome."

Hermit Smithing (Not a ninja technique so much as a note that Kenta is a Smith. It is how he defines himself, it is the thing he does, and it is in the pursue of making a truly magical sword that he even bothers to leave the safe haven that he has lived in for 8 or so years. The real secret techniques of his clan had to do with metallurgy, and his time in safe seclusion has given him the opportunity to master the crucible steel technique his parents had been working on. Now he seeks to go further, to work with other varieties of metals, and to see how far his smithing can go)

Other Information:

A one handed sword with a finger ring guard and a razor sharp single edge blade with a damascaned pattern on it. It rests in a simple looking wooden scabbard at his side.
    A Maul made entirely of steel, he carries it on his back, crossed with the great sword.
    His current masterpiece, a great two handed sword with a solid cross guard that has a roughly circular cut ruby in the pommel an a damascaned pattern along the blade.
    His current wealth in the form of a suit of 'armor' made by setting ingots of his steel into slots that he wears like a great coat.
    His hermity hermit outfit: an oversized straw hat, home made tabi, a skirt made of animal hides, his 'steel coat', and an overcoat made from a giant bear's hide.
    5 gold rings, 5 silver rings (worn on his fingers) and some discretely sized small bars of precious metals that he has scrapped together over the years are the closest thing he has to conventional wealth.
    As a note: he doesn't generally make folded steel weapons, because he instead refines the steel he works with up to the point that folding it is pointless.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-05-19 at 12:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Two questions:
    1. how are we going to meet up?

2. what are going to do with our clans if we are all D-Rank or so?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

I made my character half independent.
    But also-
    alliance,
    fate will set us in the same area, and from there... things will go

------
    My previouse Avater

6. - Top - End - #36

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Two questions:
    1. how are we going to meet up?

2. what are going to do with our clans if we are all D-Rank or so?
    1) I had an idea for this - pretty much like a major trade city in the Land of Fire, lots of coming-and-going from other nations, would also be a city of shinobi. Allied shinobi to collect info on visiting dignitaries, enemy ninja can get into the Land of Fire under the guise of being

2)D-Rank is just for starters - once we get rolling (sometime this week, by Wednesday would be ideal) we can start introducing higher-powered characters, I just wanted to start us with some room to grow. Feel free to bring in your clans as much (or as little) as you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I made my character half independent.
    But also-
    alliance,
    fate will set us in the same area, and from there... things will go
    Yeah, I was thinking a couple of us could be hired for the same mission - we meet there, go on a mission together, and then we can play it by ear.
    Dr, Bath's Dolly!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    1) I had an idea for this - pretty much like a major trade city in the Land of Fire, lots of coming-and-going from other nations, would also be a city of shinobi. Allied shinobi to collect info on visiting dignitaries, enemy ninja can get into the Land of Fire under the guise of being

2)D-Rank is just for starters - once we get rolling (sometime this week, by Wednesday would be ideal) we can start introducing higher-powered characters, I just wanted to start us with some room to grow. Feel free to bring in your clans as much (or as little) as you'd like!
    Hm. I see. Sounds awesome.

As for higher-powered characters from the Clan, hm, probably mostly mentor roles to Kimiko both technique and life lesson wise. Keep the focus on her but in a position to help if need be.

8. - Top - End - #38

Initial character submission was eaten. Working on a replacement.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #39

Well, I'm interested. Gonna take a bit of time to develop a character. Should have a rough draft up in a day or two.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

By now I've basically got a lot of things about Kimiko planned out, and I'm thinking she is to be a scholarly character, real genius type, real interested in chakra theory and figuring out the mechanics of how it all works and such, and thinking that the clans are wasting the potential of chakra by being all paranoid and secretive.

what are you guys thinking about? Any developments so far? How are your characters coming along?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

got to find muse and time to sit on it.
    Mine supposed to be baka yet sneaky kind

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42

RedWizardGuy

What I had in mind was a hermit coming out of the woods to try and reintegrate into society. Not ninja society, like, actual society society. The one that has samurai and feudal lords and all that. I was figuring on playing a, as Zap Brannigan would say, Filthy Neutral that was going to try and be subtle and seem to be a relatively normal guy other than being a damn impressive smith. Keep his eye out for what's going on, pick up on news with regards to how things have changed since he started hiding, and generally try to avoid getting killed.

At some point he would probably start investigating Amari, if only to get close enough to see if the guy's sword is actually magical, or just really well made steel. I kind of expect a lot of mundane fights for him to end with the other people's weapons being shattered on the ground, while ninja fights are something he would try to avoid because other ninja tend to use tricky things like "creepy mind arts" (Genjutsu) and he considers that cheating. Mostly because his clan never taught him any because they didn't know any.

If nothing else, I figure I can use posts to expand the world's setting by giving a look at the more mundane aspects of it and the 'not insanely pitched high speed ninja battles' that, you know, I figure everyone else will be doing more of.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

So um.......is this gonna get going or not? The person who started the thread doesn't seem to be here anymore. Does still feel like it or should we just forget it?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

There's no reason we can't still do this. We've had plenty of interest.

We do still want to do this, right guys?
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, I'm still here but if we're not going to have more than four or five people I don't see the point honestly.