New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 49 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default A Witch's Tale IC II

Rachel Denethar is a witch. Half hag, half human, she lives at Naturia Circle Academy. Guarded over by the mighty evoker Fiona Scarlet and her templar son Auron, Rachel happily goes about her day trying to study and work hard.

She's joined several clubs, and has made many new friends. But danger lurks around every corner. There was a mysterious person who infiltrated the school grounds and tried to assassinate the headmistress in her sleep. That person may be connected to Jean L'estat, a powerful banker that has ties to Rachel's father.

Additionally, Rachel's best friend Yvette has started dating a scary-looking orc, but the boy seems to get along very well with her. And then there's the blind girl Sherry who seems to have stuck her claws into Rachel's little brother Ciel.

Not that Rachel has time to worry about anyone else's relationships. Her own person of interest, Lance Elot, is dating a popstar idol with a terrible singing voice. The idol admits she is having doubts about the relationship and that she can't take care of Lance's needs. Another of Rachel's friends, Felicia, lavishes Lance with attention and favors willingly. Is Rachel trapped in some kind of four-way love triangle? Will she earn her crush's affection in the end?

Speaking of affection, Rachel was eager to go to the Autumn Ball with her friend Facia Sanguine, who is both pretty and peaks all of Rachel's...less conventional interests. However, Facia has no time for girls who lead her on, and as soon as Rachel seemed uncertain about her offer Facia went to another girl who was interested.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to the fact that mid term exams start on Wednesday...and it's Sunday now.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: A Witch's Tale IC II

With her exams right around the corner, Rachel feels like she needs to start focusing on her studies. To help get some assistance with that, she heads to the Research Club meeting in the morning to meet up with Yvette.

3. - Top - End - #3

Yvette smiles when Rachel arrives. "Hey there! I heard Lance killed it at the tournament. I wish I could have gone, but all of us outside the fencing club still had class...what's up?"

4. - Top - End - #4

"Not much. I figured I'd come and give you and the rest of the Research Club some help today."

5. - Top - End - #5

Yvette nods. "Sounds good! Actually, the headmistress requested some research assistance this weekend, so you can just take this folder and head on over to her office. Thanks a bunch for your help!"

Yvette's Affection increased! She hands Rachel a manilla envelope.

6. - Top - End - #6

"Sure thing. I'll be back as soon as I'm done!" Rachel heads over to the headmistress' office.

7. - Top - End - #7

Fiona looks up as Rachel enters her office. "Oh, good morning. Can I help you with something,
    young lady?
    "

8. - Top - End - #8

Rachel nods. "The Research Club said that you needed some help?"

9. - Top - End - #9

Fiona smiles. "Oh yes! Please come in. I actually need you to...look through a few of these books..." She picks up a few books off the floor and puts them on her desk in a neat stack. "and then write a summary with citations and page numbers discussing the history of modern item crafting."

10. - Top - End - #10

Rachel nods. "I'll get right on it, ma'am!" She picks up the stack of books, idly wondering if any of them had information that might help her in the Alchemy Club.

11. - Top - End - #11

Rachel's brain is on fire as she examines every line and chapter index. Her pen dances across the sheets of parchment and within six hours she has a full report ready for Fiona to look over. The headmistress reads the report for the next hour as Rachel sits patiently. She checks the page numbers on citations, occasionally pausing to read the actual paragraph Rachel has cited, before getting back to it.

Finally, as the day comes to a close, Fiona looks up at Rachel with a raised eyebrow. "I'm going to be frank with you, Miss Denethar. This is better than some of the papers that I have written."

12. - Top - End - #12

Rachel blinks. Why is Fiona giving her that look? "Er... w-will it work for what you needed?"

13. - Top - End - #13

"Miss Denethar, that was the single strongest compliment I've ever given a student. If this is the quality of your papers I foresee a successful academic career in your future," Fiona replies seriously.
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2017-05-16 at 11:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

Rachel blushes. "I-I don't know about that... my papers usually aren't that good."

15. - Top - End - #15

Fiona nods. "Well, I was just planning to have you do a bit of research for me but...you've impressed me. So if you have any more free Sundays, come by the office and do a bit more work for me. I'll teach you some of the important parts of doing research at an adult level, and if you provide enough assistance, I'll even put your name on the paper as a research assistant."

16. - Top - End - #16

"Alright. I'll come by if I'm free." And hopefully I don't end up screwing it up...

17. - Top - End - #17

Fiona's Affection has increased.

"Alright. I'm looking forward to it. Be careful on your way back to the dorm."

Night has fallen.

18. - Top - End - #18

Rachel heads back to her room, and starts working on a letter to her father asking about the L'estats. She's already put the question off for too long as it is. In the letter, she tells him that she's working on a project for one of her classes and that she's decided to focus it on the L'estat family's involvement with the Order and mage communities.
    Last edited by Diachronos; 2017-05-17 at 07:57 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Sebastian takes the envelope into his beak and flies off. He will likely return in a few days.

In the morning, Rachel heads to class. Mr. Ferrerus is not there. The substitute quietly teaches the basics of the lesson, and then dismisses the class ten minutes early.

20. - Top - End - #20

Rachel sighs and heads to lunch. Mr. Ferrerus hasn't been keeping up with things lately... is he still hung up on his research? Maybe she should find Facia and see if she can find out what's going on.

21. - Top - End - #21

Rachel can now have lunch at the terrace! She can either enjoy a lunch by herself or visit with her new friend Phoenix on most days.

Rachel heads into the cafeteria and finds Facia feeding her snake a mouse near the door.

22. - Top - End - #22

It takes a moment for Rachel to collect herself so she doesn't gag at the sight of the snake eating, but she gets it under control before approaching Facia. "How are you doing today?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Facia looks at Rachel.

"...The teacher who was stalking me is in the hospital," she replies seriously.

24. - Top - End - #24

Rachel blinks. "...What? What happened to him?"

25. - Top - End - #25

Facia sighs. "I don't know. He was really insistent on pestering me the last week...He seemed to be getting desperate because no one was listening to him or helping him."

26. - Top - End - #26

"Do you know why he's been so insistent about it? I know he was looking for information on someone from the past, but I have no idea why he was obsessing over it like that."

27. - Top - End - #27

Facia frowns.

"The man he's researching...is one of the very few wizards in the world who has truly been able to cheat death. The first lich..."

28. - Top - End - #28

Well, that definitely wasn't the answer she'd expected. "Well, that explains why he can't find much about him. I can't imagine the Order or the Chantry, or even the general public, would've wanted him to be remembered." That leaves the question of why he's researching the first lich, though...

29. - Top - End - #29

Facia sighs. "Who knows? People seek immortality for all kinds of selfish reasons. It's not my problem."

It seems like whatever problems Azure is facing right now, only Rachel can help him with.

"More importantly, word is you were caught alone in the locker room with another sophomore girl...is she going to be your date to the Ball?" Facia asks coyly.

30. - Top - End - #30

Rachel blushes. "N-no, I... sh-she just needed to talk to me about something in private, I don't think she's interested in me at all."