New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default [Path of War] Path of War 15 point-buy?

So, I'll be making a path of war character for an upcoming game (based off Akuma from street fighter), but am unsure how to manage the stats. The thing is, we're on a 15 point buy, and I had planned on going Aurora Soul Mystic, but with needing Str, Dex, Con, and Wis, I feel a little stretched thin. How should I jigger my stats with 15 pt buy to work with, at level 6?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Path of War] Path of War 15 point-buy?

Well, for starters disregard strength. You won't be using 2-hand anything and you get unarmed strike feats for free, in addition to wis to damage. Still, 3 stats with 15 pb is tough. 2 levels of sensei monk gets you wis to-hit, but I can't tell you it's really worth it.

Dump cha to 7, 14 con, 15 wis and dex? it's... something. What race though?
    Last edited by exelsisxax; 2017-05-19 at 03:05 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Was planning on Human, because extra feat and floating +2 (which I had thought to put into wis), we're allowed just the core races, if a different one would be better.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd say to go Dwarf for +CON +WIS, rather.
    15 PB
    7 STR (-4) 17 DEX (13) 14 CON (5) 10 INT (0) 14 WIS (5) 7 CHA (-4)
    After racials, you get 7 STR 17 DEX 16 CON 10 INT 16 WIS 5 CHA, and from there take the ability score increase into DEX.
    Deadly Agility means Dex to damage, and you start far higher than level 1, so it shouldn't be an issue. Sure, your character can't lift (but you don't wear armor nor weapon and can grab a BoH) and is extremely poor with social situations, but you were forced into 15 PB for some reason.
    The one and only Tuvarkz across all the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And then I vanish in a burst of fire and brimstone, because this is my dream sequence, Me damn it, and in my dream sequence, I can teleport.