New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Shattered Jewel - Main

Umbear nods and steps up to leave, once outside he looks for a place to relieve himself. Once in private, he Accepts Burn to Trade his ability to sculpt flames for the Ability to whisper upon the winds.

HE looks out toward the Castle and Imagines the Breakfast hall in his mind as the location of his message to be Received.
    Spoiler: DM.
    Show
    Voice of the Wind
    Element(s) air; Type utility (Sp); Level 1; Burn 0
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance yes
    When you whisper, you can have the wind carry your voice to the ears of anyone you can see within 120 feet, as if they were one of the targets of a message spell you cast. Alternatively, you can send your voice to a distant location as if casting whispering wind.

School transmutation [air]; Level bard 2, inquisitor 2, sorcerer/wizard 2; Subdomain wind 1; Elemental School air 2, wood 2

CASTING
    Casting Time 1 standard action
    Components V, S

EFFECT
    Range 1 mile/level
    Area 10-ft.-radius spread
    Duration no more than 1 hour/level or until discharged (destination is reached)
    Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION
    You send a message or sound on the wind to a designated spot. The whispering wind travels to a specific location within range that is familiar to you, provided that it can find a way to the location. A whispering wind is as gentle and unnoticed as a zephyr until it reaches the location. It then delivers its whisper-quiet message or other sound. Note that the message is delivered regardless of whether anyone is present to hear it. The wind then dissipates.

You can prepare the spell to bear a message of no more than 25 words, cause the spell to deliver other sounds for 1 round, or merely have the whispering wind seem to be a faint stirring of the air. You can likewise cause the whispering wind to move as slowly as 1 mile per hour or as quickly as 1 mile per 10 minutes.

When the spell reaches its objective, it swirls and remains in place until the message is delivered. As with magic mouth, whispering wind cannot speak verbal components, use command words, or activate magical effects.

Spoiler: THOSE IN THE BREAKFAST DINING HALL
    Show
    THIS IS UMBEAR, I HAVE LOCATED A RECENT LOCATION OF THE DRAGON. CHECK THE WAREHOUSES IN THE SOUTH, WAS IN A PARTIAL OPEN CONTAINER
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Aurora, Camille and Evergreen all blinked in surprise and looked around the room. Triblin glared at the empty air and twisted a pinkie in his ear. Torilee squeaked in surprise.

"Oh, wow, I guess one or two of us should go check that out..." Aurora said. "I'm pretty used to tracking in cities, if it would help," she added.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-25 at 12:27 PM.
    Spoiler: Aurora
    Show

Spoiler: Inaemehkiwak (Ina)
    Show

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

As Aurix continues to eat his breakfast, his ears perk up at Umbear's voice. He looks around the room but doesn't see him. "A spell...? Good work, Umbear." Aurix looks over at Jaylyn. "Are you going to investigate?" he asks her. "Do you need help?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Spoiler: If you speak Draconic
    Show
    Aurix Kornari means "Gold Heart"

DM of Twinborn

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"I am available if you need some assistance, Jaylyn." Hervir offered.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War
    Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove, Elven Spell Dancer

Bartleby Herrmannsdorfer, Dwarven Forgemaster

The Lily Blooms
    Nesse Nola, Paladin of Sarenrae

Festival of Heroes
    Co-DM and Princess Geiravor of Juvelnord, Aasimar Warpriestess

5. - Top - End - #215
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaylyn nodded at Aurora, then smiled before speaking, "yea that sounds like fun, we could make it a ladies day out, maybe see some of the sights this city has, the only thing I need to do is stop by a church to learn bout this thing." Jaylyn pointed at the magpie on her shoulder. "And look for a good tattoo parlor that can help me out."

Jaylyn then heard the message Umbear sent, "Well now I guess we'll have to put a raincheck on the ladies day out," Jaylyn laughed then looks around at those present, "Hervir I want to finish this up, but as of right now I'm just a civilian in the city. Do you have the ability to give me the authority of the castle just in case it's needed. I guess we can head over there by flight it is faster then on the ground, but I have no idea where that place is so a guide or two would be nice."
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-05-25 at 12:57 PM.
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

6. - Top - End - #216

After prayers, Kestejoo sent his slave to get their meals from downstairs. He did not wish to eat with those in the main dinning area of the inn. He had already felt stares when he ate dinner the night before.

Once the two had eaten, Kestejoo asked to see what Lumont found the day before that was going to help them in their mission. The slave retrieved his pack from the other room and showed his master several items, including a small purse bag. Just touching it, Kestejoo could tell it was magic. He frowned, glancing at his slave, before he inspected the bag, opening it.

A bag of holding. Full of coin.

Spoiler: langauge: abyssal
    Show
    "Where did you get this?"
    Kestejoo asked him, placing the bag on the table in front of him.

Lumont told him he 'helped' some noble or whatever loading his bags onto a city buggy and helped himself as a reward for his good deed. The big man said all this with a smile as he pulled out a second bag from his pack. It looked unremarkable from the outside, but Kestejoo felt the magic infused in the bag.

A sigh came from the centaur. His slave was stealing again.

"Show me," Kestejoo ordered.

Lumont opened the bag and began to pull out items. A bow, composite longbow by the looks of it. A vest - nicely decorated. A book. Several potion vials. And two expensive looking boxes.

Kestejoo nodded. The items certainly looked like they belonged to a noble. He took each item to identify it.

Bow
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[40]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[26]

Vest
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[37]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[18]

Potion (1 of 20 of the same kind)
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[29]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[20]

Potion (1 of 4 of the same kind)
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[28]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[31]

Potion (1 of 10 of the same kind)
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[21]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[19]

Kit 1
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[30]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[12]

Kit 2
    Detect Magic - Spellcraft: (1d20+20)[23]
    Appraise: (1d20+11)[15]
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

"So it would seem," Aurora agreed. "We can try to pick it up later. Hopefully the device can be subdued quickly."
    Show

Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

d6 Re: (IC) Festival of Heroes - Shattered Jewel - Main

Hervir grinned at Jaylyn. "I can't grant authority, but we can use mine to get where we need to go. If we find the device, we should be able to take it down together. I am ready to go when you are." The court mage replied as she held up her rod.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Torilee looked worried. "I haven't prepared spells," she whispered to Aurix.
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #220

The magic of the vest and the bow made his eyes go wide. Scratching at his goatee, the centaur put the items back in the bag, making sure the bow and vest were on the bottom. He kept the tome out, however, intent on studying it further. He could tell it held powerful magic and he wanted to learn more.

"Stash that under your bed," Kestejoo ordered, handing Lumont the bag. As the slave obeyed, Kestejoo placed the magic tome beside his own sleeping area. Then, with his slave in tow, he left the inn. He decided that today, they would search the warehouse district. Such a large operation as Kamus described would have to operate out of a large, inconspicuous building.

He kept Lumont close to him this day, in order to keep an eye on his wandering hands. The kleptomaniac slave needed to learn control, but he could not very well do so in a city that banned slavery. It was all rather frustrating.
    Festival of Heroes: Ainsley M'arete. 6'5" bronze-skinned, silver haired, purple-eyed Aasimar. Paladin of Arete. He stands tall in fullplate armor with a radiant white feather cloak. On his back, a four-foot bastard sword gleams.
    Festival of Heroes: Kestejoo. 8'4" centaur with the body of a dark draft horse, scales, grey wings, dark skin, and a jagged horn on his forehead. Long grey hair and a short beard. Pure gold eyes. Iron shackles on his fetlocks and tail of a kirin.

11. - Top - End - #221

Jaylyn looked over at Aurix and the little girl on his shoulder. "Thanks for the offer Aurix, but I don't want to hurt your chances against Umbear, by the way if I don't see the match, you win, I'm rooting for you. Hervir, Aurora, I'd like you to go with me. If this is a construct my mental magic will not work so I'll need to use force I hope that too much damage isn't caused but if it is I have a wish spell I can use to undo the damage caused. Hervir do you have a way to fly, I have the ability to cast that spell if necessary."
    Festival of Heroes: Jaylyn a 5 foot Kitsune with golden brown fur, black ears, and golden eyes. She's an average build leaning on the smaller size. When in human form her hair is golden blonde, but retains her golden eyes. her build is still average but a bit bigger then in Kitsune form.

No matter which from she is in, she always seen in her white halter-top dress, carrying a 5 foot staff with a sapphire on top, and a jeweled necklace around her neck.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix nods to Jaylyn. "Good hunting, Jaylyn. Don't forget, its body is likely composed of adamantine."

Aurix turns to Evergreen. "Shall we head to the stables?"
    Festival of Heroes: Aurix Kornari- 6' Human with golden scales on his skin, blond hair, green Draconic eyes, carrying a halberd, meets people with a warm smile.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

13. - Top - End - #223

Jaylyn nodded to Aurix, "thanks Aurix, Is there anything else you can tell me bout it, like it's breath weapon type if it has one?"
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-05-25 at 01:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"During dinner, Warrick said it would most likely have a fire breath."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hervir closed her eyes to tal into her Celestial bloodline and Wings of Heaven appeared on her back as to answer Jaylyn. The sorceress smirked as she showed off.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

At the sound of Umbear's voice, Gorrun pops his head into the dining hall from the kitchen, still filling his plates. Wait, what did you say? Where.... tricky Ogre. realizing Umbear wasn't there he finishes filling his plates and enters to find a seat as the ladies are preparing to leave out. Ladies, I've never butted heads with a clockwork dragon, but if you'd like a shield just say the word. Any business of mine can wait until afternoon.
    To all things there is an end. With every end, a new beginning.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

"Certainly," the gnomish druid said, smiling. She hopped down from her chair and headed out of the dining hall.

"Fly... to get there faster? I suspect I can run faster than you could fly," Aurora said, smiling. "My wings won't last long enough for me to fly there, but I can run as fast as the enchanted cab horses, so I can get there in less than an hour. Unless the two of you together weigh more than three-hundred and forty-five pounds, I should be able to carry you both."
    "You, not so much," she said wryly, looking at Gorrun.

Down in the stable, Evergreen led the way to a large, metal box stall with a barred door. Evergreen's normally sunny expression dimmed slightly at the sight.
    "He's as intelligent as many people, but they require he be kept contained as long as he shares residence with prey animals. It's one of the reasons I want to return home to the Grove as soon as possible," the archdruid said, sighing.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-25 at 01:39 PM.
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Aurix looks at the griffon. "Hello there. I'm sorry to have made you wait here so long. If you two can just stand together, then hand me the required diamond dust, I will create a telepathic bond between the two of you." Aurix pulls out his scroll.
    Show

DM of Twinborn

19. - Top - End - #229

Jaylyn nodded to Aurix, "Well that's one thing I don't have to worry bout, thanks for the head's up."

Jaylyn then looked at Aurora, "Exactly how far is this location from the castle?"

Jaylyn looks at Gorrun, "I figure speed and time is of the essence the longer, we wait the more the information get's less reliable. Do you have a fast way to travel?"

Jaylyn nodded at Hervir, "Okay good, that should help us move."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Don't worry about us, Gorrun, we should have this covered. If we are in a big hurry, U coukd Greater Teleport us." Hervir said.
    Last edited by EdgeGrinder; 2017-05-25 at 02:02 PM.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Evergreen handed Aurix the bulging leather pouch before sliding open the barred door. She strode confidently into the stall and tucked her hand into the feathers at the base of the griffon's avian head. She lead him forward, to the door of the stall, and stood with him where Aurix could reach them both.
    "It is fine, I did not expect that you would or should cast the spell greatly before I could cast for you," she said reasonably.

"The South Warehouse District is down by the South Gate. No real way to know which warehouse it is, based on the information we were given, but it's at least a start," Aurora said.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-25 at 01:56 PM.
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #232

Jaylyn, looks at the three and ponders before speaking. "Well I say time is of the essence but I want input from you three, this is your town not mine. Do you think we should blend in to the crowd as to not give away we know bout this, or should we rush to the scene? Considering we don't really know where it is."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"Thanks for your patience. I imagine you and your companion have both waited a long time for this day. Let's begin."

Aurix pulls out the scroll and begins reading the words written upon it. "Dout ricinic nishka renthisj ekess kiq lyrik!"
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    Your minds shall speak to each other!

With his magic vision, Aurix sees the connection form between Evergreen and her griffon. He opens the large bag of diamond dust and begins to cast. "Origato nomeno tonopar qe ro."
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    Let this bond be eternal.

The diamond dust begins to dissolve, converted into magical energy which Aurix uses to strength and solidify the magical connection between gnome and animal. After 2 rounds, all the diamond dust disappears. "It is done," Aurix announces. "The bond between you should be permanent now. I am very happy for you both!"
    Show

DM of Twinborn

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't think anyone will look twice at me running up and down the street," Aurora said humorously, eyes twinkling. "I don't know how much of a rush we're in, though. That noblewoman only said it would strike sometime in the next three days. We have only a vague idea of where it is, and it could take hours searching if it's not already on the move. If it is already on the move, we should probably try to subdue it as quickly as possible, and blending in isn't really going to be a concern. Of course, it's also possible that she found a way to command the construct, if that is what it is as we suspect, to attack you specifically, Jaylyn, in which case it doesn't matter how fast or slow we are because it'll only show when you're in range," the centaur said with a shrug.

"Thank you," Evergreen said, bowing. The griffon nibbled the top of her head when she straightened, bright eyes seeming oddly unfocused for a creature known to normally have such laser-focus. Evergreen paused, staring off into space somewhere slightly above her for a moment, and then smiled.
    "Tadrith says he is pleased to be able to make his words known, now. He has always regretted not being a beast with a mouth capable of speech," Evergreen said. Then she paused again and chuckled.
    "Apparently the whole reason he wanted to bond with a druid was in the hopes of being clearly understood. But I think he's joking!" The gnome flashed Aurix a grateful smile.
    "I will see you after your match. We'll be rooting for you. My mother will as well," she added with a chuckle.
    Last edited by Wolfykins; 2017-05-25 at 02:15 PM.
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hervir nodded to Aurora. "Excellent reasoning. We have until 2 pm. Also, we could employ the use of the Clockwork Spy, as well as the Clockwork Familar that Brynhildr made if you still have it."
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

If you are confident Lady Hervir, then I will attend to other matters. I still have that teleportation orb you gave me last year. If you find yourselves in trouble simply send me a message.

27. - Top - End - #237

Jaylyn nodded to Aurora, "Good points we could use me as a bait to get it out in the open, As for the clockwork familiar, it's in Varrock already." Jaylyn said sadly, "I don't really know how to use the magpie yet, which was why I wanted to go to a church to get a divination done on that topic."

Jaylyn then stood up, "I guess we should start moving, sitting here isn't getting us to it any faster." Jaylyn laughed
    Last edited by Erealyn; 2017-05-25 at 02:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

"I appreciate that," Aurix answers. He leaves the stables with Torilee.

After stepping outside, he looks around. Aurix takes a deep breath to savor the moment. He feels today is a momentous day. "So! I don't have a lot to do until my match after lunch. Where should we go? Oh, I have an idea! Would you like to see Hervir's Magic Repository? We can prepare your spells there, and you can see the research I'm doing."
    Show

DM of Twinborn

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

"Well, we can hit up a church before the warehouses if you want." Hervir suggested.
    Edge Grinder

The Bellows of War

The Lily Blooms

Festival of Heroes

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gorrun finishes his meal and makes his way to the gambling hall to collect his winnings from yesterday.

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Gorrun takes 10kgp from his winnings and puts it on Aurix.

Leaving the Gambling hall he makes his way to the cobblers shop, keeping an eye out for anything unusual along the way. (1d20+27)[33] perception.