New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

Quote Originally Posted by MarkVIIIMarc View Post
    Anyone have a female wood elf Bard who facies herself a bit of a ranger?
    Spoiler: Clearly thinking 'They don't know I'm not a ranger!'
    Show

Spoiler: Clearly thinking 'Go ahead and say I'm not a ranger - make my day!'
    Show
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

"Why yes, I play strings. Ask me about my greatest hits."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

This fell off the first page! Lol.

Spoiler: Best one i found
    Show

Spoiler: Guess who this is
    Show

Spoiler: And entirely unrequested epicness
    Show

Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2018-05-26 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post

Spoiler: And entirely unrequested epicness
    Show

funny thing how in her game we always play has her boyfriend and save her instead of her trying for one save her own royal butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    funny thing how in her game we always play has her boyfriend and save her instead of her trying for one save her own royal butt.
    She's fairly helpful in the Future parts of Ocarina of Time. But you're right, I'd love to be able to play Zelda once in a while.
    Although we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    I don't think the newer games are all that much about really saving her as much as it is you both saving Hyrule with your respective powers. Though it is sometimes odd why the gal staring down an insanely powerful warrior-sorcerer is the wise one while the guy whose main schtick it is to solve dungeon puzzles is the brave one.

You sure showed THAT boulder puzzle who's boss!

Yesyes, all these dungeons have boss monsters who are incredibly scary to everyone except a hero. But even THESE fights are basically puzzles with weaponized dungeon items.

The main series games invoke some kind of expectation but you could try and make a spinoff where both switch places. Maybe even about the time in Ocarina of Time between young Link entering the Chamber of the Sages and Ganon eventually taking over. Zelda would start off in the castle, being forced to flee. Impa would part with Zelda to distract Ganondorf giving chase, instructing her to find the first Sheikah enclave, where she receives combat training. A few months later, she would be prompted to travel to other enclaves to puzzle together some magical Mcguffin to open the Chamber of Sages, freeing Link and retrieving the Holy Arrows. The adventure would then lead to Sheik's preparations in the various temple areas and continue the final boss encounter with Ganon, but this time with Zelda shooting the Holy arrows to stun him so NPC Link can finish him off.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-05-27 at 10:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I don't think the newer games are all that much about really saving her as much as it is you both saving Hyrule with your respective powers. Though it is sometimes odd why the gal staring down an insanely powerful warrior-sorcerer is the wise one while the guy whose main schtick it is to solve dungeon puzzles is the brave one.

You sure showed THAT boulder puzzle who's boss!

Yesyes, all these dungeons have boss monsters who are incredibly scary to everyone except a hero. But even THESE fights are basically puzzles with weaponized dungeon items.
    I would imagine its because shes playing political games in the background and directing any armed forces in the region? Just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

8. - Top - End - #338
    Orc in the Playground

Another classic Zelda with a smattering of Easter eggs:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimal View Post
    She's fairly helpful in the Future parts of Ocarina of Time. But you're right, I'd love to be able to play Zelda once in a while.
    Aaron Diaz agrees with you -- look up his fan project "Zelda: Clockwork Empire".

https://www.google.com/search?q=aaro...w=1920&bih=896
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

I noticed this discussion. If you guys want good art of Zelda and her being awesome at the same, maybe check out:
    A Tale of Two Rulers

Its a webcomic about Zelda trying to prevent the usual cycle from happening all over again- by going into a political marriage with Ganondorf to bring peace. Their relationship is as turbulent and full of political tension as you'd imagine. its really good.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I noticed this discussion. If you guys want good art of Zelda and her being awesome at the same, maybe check out:
    A Tale of Two Rulers

Its a webcomic about Zelda trying to prevent the usual cycle from happening all over again- by going into a political marriage with Ganondorf to bring peace. Their relationship is as turbulent and full of political tension as you'd imagine. its really good.
    Interesting what can be made of that setting when it's not serving as an excuse for gameplay, but taken seriously on its own.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    A Tale of Two Rulers

actually only think kinda have power to break the reincarnation cycle is cia and her good twin which they are both non cannon character. If some way we let cia appear in the games it means we are butchering the money cow.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    Interesting what can be made of that setting when it's not serving as an excuse for gameplay, but taken seriously on its own.
    I know right!?
    Spoiler: Webcomic spoilers
    Show
    Ganondorf is like, sorcerous caring dad genghis khan. Zelda is perfectly portrayed as being the sane patient and wise person she should be while still having her moments of rage and steel where she has to put up with Ganondorfs bull and stand up to him or moments of worry and weakness and being utterly terrified of him like any sane person would.

and Link.....is Zelda's daughter. who is cheerful cute, known as "Rinku" calls him Ganondad......and sadly, might/will be rendered quiet/silent from the sheer trauma of remembering thousands of years of battle against various monsters big and small. and because of a trick Girahim tried to play, we know that Ganondorf won't try to kill her.....he will be utterly AFRAID of her when he finds out, because Ganondorf is completely terrified of Link, his reaction to seeing an illusion of him was to forget everything else and go "oh no, wheres my weapons and armor!?" and hurry to find them, while having traumatic flashbacks of Link killing him. combining that with the new daughter he is coming to love would tear him apart. thats how this comic would make sure Rinku lives: Ganon would just be too afraid and broken by trauma and sadness to try anything.

and then there is the question of how Rinku will develop when that reincarnation shoe finally drops, because she'll suddenly memories of Ganondorf doing all sorts of evil things across many lifetimes- and herself killing him for those deeds over and over again. there is this silent warrior who has yet to wake up and when they do....well its a very big clash between Rinku and Link. Rinku will at the very least be very distraught and confused, having to reconcile multiple lifetimes of being this heroic warrior from the woods with the current life where they are a princess and Ganondorf is not doing anything bad (relatively), and Zelda is trying to make this work oh and Zelda is now her mother? hopefully Zelda will be able to get through to Rinku and help deal with that inevitable trauma-silence.

and then there is Ganondorf himself learning about Rinku's predicament. I can just picture Ganondorf having an "Ooooooh" moment at being told that Link's traumas are so numerous and weigh down so heavily that they render him/her almost completely silent every time they remember. and that most of the time, it was HIS fault that such trauma occurs, and every time they do the usual song and dance- well, Link's traumas just gets one lifetime larger. since Ganondorf is no stranger to combat and trauma, its telling that he isn't nearly so broken as Link is, meaning that despite his power and combat prowess and technically being stronger, Ganondorf probably did a lot of what he did as a general, and thus he fought less directly, after all he has armies to do that. but Link has to do it himself, every single time.and considering the amount of quests Link has to do every time this happens well....its kind of a wonder that Link hasn't been deadened into a complete sociopath by now. or at least just going through the motions on some level.

I just know that those memories finally return, that will be one of the most interesting and anticipated parts of it for me, just seeing how that will play out and how they portray Rinku and her interactions with Ganondorf after that. sorry if I'm rambling, but i just want to talk about it so much, because its so good for something so small. it is well told, efficiently so. and every character has their complexities. Just wow.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zelda doesn't fight because not everyone knows or wants to fight you don't have to use violence to be a badass, her triforce is wisdom after all.

Besides she would never use a normal sword to figth, she uses a rapier and magic when she does figth.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Zelda doesn't fight because not everyone knows or wants to fight you don't have to use violence to be a badass, her triforce is wisdom after all.

Besides she would never use a normal sword to figth, she uses a rapier and magic when she does figth.
    more like she is forced to act as fates slave as last game show her goddess needs absolute obedience from her thus she cant use her powers if she wants to fight. and that creates deadlock of link needing to bail her out each time when goddess decidedes its time to ganondorf to play one more time

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

I think we're way off topic here.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Firbolg in the Playground

A Trio of Topic to get back on track

Spoiler
    Show

And then some more

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Leon; 2018-05-30 at 12:43 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone could help me fill a request?

I'm looking for images for two characters (who are actually sisters). They are both half-fiends, with one being an ice mage and the other being a necromancer. So, in terms of specifics, I'm looking for:
    • Fiendish Appearance (Wings for bonus points)
    • Obviously magical (i.e. some sort of magical effects associated with their skill)
    • Female
    • Preferably somewhat practical clothing, like robes or the sort rather than a bikini

Thanks

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Hey there everyone! I'm looking for:

• Young male human who has a cool looking bow that shoots magic arrows, bonus points if he has an owl
    • Young male half elf, samurai-esque, preferably unarmored

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

This fell off the first page! Lol.

Spoiler: maybe
    Show
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

21. - Top - End - #351
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhiki View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone could help me fill a request?

I'm looking for images for two characters (who are actually sisters). They are both half-fiends, with one being an ice mage and the other being a necromancer. So, in terms of specifics, I'm looking for:
    • Fiendish Appearance (Wings for bonus points)
    • Obviously magical (i.e. some sort of magical effects associated with their skill)
    • Female
    • Preferably somewhat practical clothing, like robes or the sort rather than a bikini

Thanks
    Spoiler: I'll just leave these here
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

Thanks Coventry, those are perfect!

24. - Top - End - #354

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I'm looking for a Metallic golem (Iron Preferable), wearing a T shirt and generally looking like a bouncer at a really cheap bar.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wartex1 View Post
    Yes, I know that some of these are just different images of Sun Wukong
    Here's the images I used for my new character, with the original then the edited version:
    Was Dreadlock Detective the one who created this female version of Sun Wukong? Who did the extra images? Curious what preceded what. I found your first image doing a reverse search on a clear version I came across today.

27. - Top - End - #357

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #358

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #359
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skuxintux View Post
    Hey there everyone! I'm looking for:

• Young male half elf, samurai-esque, preferably unarmored
    This guy on Deviant Art did a samurai version of Link once.

https://pertheseus.deviantart.com/ar...Link-167583496

Hylians aren't half elves... but they gots pointy ears.

30. - Top - End - #360

Anything really can be what you want it to be if you have a good imagination and arent too picky
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet