The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 766
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Back in the North
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Hey, I’ve got another request.

    I’m looking for art of something resembling an ogre playing a musical instrument.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

    Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

  2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Spoiler
    Show


    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  3. - Top - End - #723
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cleveland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Looking for Egyptian Gnomes. I know, right?

    They need not actually be Egyptian. Any desert appropriate clothing would be fine here. Thanks for the help.

  4. - Top - End - #724
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by redwizard007 View Post
    Looking for Egyptian Gnomes. I know, right?

    They need not actually be Egyptian. Any desert appropriate clothing would be fine here. Thanks for the help.
    Maybe try searching for Uldum Pygmies?
    Spoiler
    Show


    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

  5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    HalflingPirate

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Back in the North
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show


    That’s great! Thanks, leon!
    Last edited by Potato_Priest; 2019-06-28 at 12:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    See, I remember the days of roleplaying before organisms could even see, let alone use see as a metaphor for comprehension. We could barely comprehend that we could comprehend things. Imagining we were something else was a huge leap forward and really passed the time in between absorbing nutrients.

    Biggest play I ever made: "I want to eat something over there." Anticipated the trope of "being able to move" that you see in all stories these days.

  6. - Top - End - #726
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Past the nothern wall
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Hey all! Another art request, this time for my own personal use. I'm running a module, and I need a shot of a high priest of Tiamat. Needs to be monstrous, but humanoid, a dude is preferable but not required. For reference, I'm running Red Hand of Doom. The reasons I don't want to use the book image of Kul is:
    a) I'm rearranging things, and Kharn is the half-dragon, not Kul. Don't feeling like doubling up on that vibe. Also...
    b) The stock image from the book features a pair of erinyes flanking Kul. It would be difficult to crop them out, I'd be left with purely a head-shot, and the one time it came up on GIS had a really obnoxious Shutterstock watermark.

    Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

  7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    I love the expresion on her face.

    Who's the artist on this one?
    I found the Artist for that picture

    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Max_Killjoy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Lakes

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I found the Artist for that picture


    Since we don't have +1s, take this virtual +1.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

    Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

    The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

    The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

  9. - Top - End - #729
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Mike_G's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Laughing with the sinners
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I found the Artist for that picture

    Nice.

    Thanks
    Out of wine comes truth, out of truth the vision clears, and with vision soon appears a grand design. From the grand design we can understand the world. And when you understand the world, you need a lot more wine.


  10. - Top - End - #730
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    I'm looking for a picture of a man with noticeable cybernetic/bionic augmentation to part of his face/head; something more substantial than just a cybernetic eye. Other bionic additions/replacements optional, the important part here is the headshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'm looking for a picture of a man with noticeable cybernetic/bionic augmentation to part of his face/head; something more substantial than just a cybernetic eye. Other bionic additions/replacements optional, the important part here is the headshot.
    Should we just automatically disqualify any flavor of Cyborg from the Teen Titans/Justice League?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

  12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    LordCdrMilitant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Inner Palace, Holy Terra
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Should we just automatically disqualify any flavor of Cyborg from the Teen Titans/Justice League?
    And presumably also the Adeptus Mechanicus. They've got a lot more cybernetics than just an eye, and the servitors tend to have at least some part of a fleshy face left.
    Last edited by LordCdrMilitant; 2019-07-12 at 01:25 PM.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

  13. - Top - End - #733
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Craig, Co
    Gender
    Male
    Last edited by lightningcat; 2019-07-12 at 10:12 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #734
    Orc in the Playground
     
    El Dorado's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Looking for a male gnome ranger (or a lightly armored fighter-type) wielding a short bow or longbow—-not a crossbow.
    Avatar by Qwernt

  15. - Top - End - #735
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Should we just automatically disqualify any flavor of Cyborg from the Teen Titans/Justice League?
    Something in the style of Cyborg would be nice, the character himself is a bit too easily recognizable.

    Quote Originally Posted by LordCdrMilitant View Post
    And presumably also the Adeptus Mechanicus. They've got a lot more cybernetics than just an eye, and the servitors tend to have at least some part of a fleshy face left.
    AdMech is very much the aesthetic I want, as the character is a nobleman closely allied to Mars but not part of the Mechanicus itself. But all the Mechanicus art I can find has their iconic red robes, which are a symbol of the tech priesthood. So again, similar but too recognizable to use directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  16. - Top - End - #736
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    LordCdrMilitant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Inner Palace, Holy Terra
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Something in the style of Cyborg would be nice, the character himself is a bit too easily recognizable.

    AdMech is very much the aesthetic I want, as the character is a nobleman closely allied to Mars but not part of the Mechanicus itself. But all the Mechanicus art I can find has their iconic red robes, which are a symbol of the tech priesthood. So again, similar but too recognizable to use directly.
    I have a few rangers and vanguards with black robes, and GW has official art for black, white, grey, etc. outfits.
    Guardsmen, hear me! Cadia may lie in ruin, but her proud people do not! For each brother and sister who gave their lives to Him as martyrs, we will reap a vengeance fiftyfold! Cadia may be no more, but will never be forgotten; our foes shall tremble in fear at the name, for their doom shall come from the barrels of Cadian guns, fired by Cadian hands! Forward, for vengeance and retribution, in His name and the names of our fallen comrades!

  17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Leon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Cyborgs, tried to find more "noble" looking ones
    Spoiler
    Show





















    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

    Spoiler
    Show

    Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro


    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

  18. - Top - End - #738
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator
     
    The Glyphstone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Those first three are excellent, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel, on quest rewards View Post
    "Is a stack of ten pancakes too many pancakes to give to the party, even if most of them fell on the floor and one or two were stepped on? I wanted to give my party pancakes as a reward but I'm unsure if it's too much. The pancakes are also laced with blowfish poison so the party would have to get an antitoxin before they could eat the ones which weren't pulverized by shoes."

    I don't think anyone would want those pancakes even if you paid them to eat them.

  19. - Top - End - #739
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Aug 2015

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Anyone have a male halfling? He’s a bard, a warlock, or -gasp- a bardlock?

  20. - Top - End - #740
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Korea
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    I'm looking for a gnome with a Middle Eastern vibe.
    Order of the Stick Avatar done by the talented Kymme.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    The Half-Hamster template gives me advantageous size and ability score bonuses, and combos well with my inherited Elderberry Radiance (Ex). Which is more than I can say for you, you class-dipping CL-losing Evoker!
    I was eating THOSE BEANS!!

  21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoa View Post
    I'm looking for a gnome with a Middle Eastern vibe.
    Redwizard007 was looking for an Egyptian gnome a little earlier on in this thread. I don't know if that helps.
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook

  22. - Top - End - #742
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Durham
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Gnomes are surprisingly hard to find art for and so at times is the case for halflings

    In part because some GM's are dumb and cannot differentiate the two and/or combine them

    And in part because of poor representation because way too many players view playing as a small race as too great a disadvantage unless they get to be really silly.
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

  23. - Top - End - #743
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Max_Killjoy's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Lakes

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Try searching for Zakhara gnome or Al Qadim gnome.
    It is one thing to suspend your disbelief. It is another thing entirely to hang it by the neck until dead.

    Verisimilitude -- n, the appearance or semblance of truth, likelihood, or probability.

    The concern is not realism in speculative fiction, but rather the sense that a setting or story could be real, fostered by internal consistency and coherence.

    The Worldbuilding Forum -- where realities are born.

  24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    The Dunesfolk Lalafell from Final Fantasy 14 are desert-dwelling/Middle Eastern gnomes, essentially.

    Spoiler
    Show


    ...but there isn't much in the way of fan-art or the like for them, in a casual search I found mostly just the in-game models like the above.

  25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    The Dunesfolk Lalafell from Final Fantasy 14 are desert-dwelling/Middle Eastern gnomes, essentially.

    Spoiler
    Show


    ...but there isn't much in the way of fan-art or the like for them, in a casual search I found mostly just the in-game models like the above.
    Not much fan art for potatoes (the fan name for lalas)? I found whole pages.

    Here's the DeviantArt page for the tag: https://www.deviantart.com/tag/lalafell, for example.
    Dream of Hope: a 5e setting. http://www.admiralbenbo.org
    PhoenixPhyre's Extended Homebrew Signature
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!

  26. - Top - End - #746
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Kitten Champion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    Not much fan art for potatoes (the fan name for lalas)? I found whole pages.

    Here's the DeviantArt page for the tag: https://www.deviantart.com/tag/lalafell, for example.
    For the Lalafell in general, yeah, but for Dunesfolk in desert-appropriate clothing I found surprisingly little. It was mostly them in PC class costumes, like White Mages and whatnot. I'm sure there's some. though.

  27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    For the Lalafell in general, yeah, but for Dunesfolk in desert-appropriate clothing I found surprisingly little. It was mostly them in PC class costumes, like White Mages and whatnot. I'm sure there's some. though.
    Ah. I missed that part. Sorry.
    Dream of Hope: a 5e setting. http://www.admiralbenbo.org
    PhoenixPhyre's Extended Homebrew Signature
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!

  28. - Top - End - #748
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a picture of a female human in a modern or futuristic officer's uniform. Ideally the rest of the picture would evoke the feeling of a star-ship's bridge. If she herself has (non-mechanical) wings that would be even better, but it's the least important detail here.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

  29. - Top - End - #749
    Troll in the Playground
     
    danielxcutter's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Seoul
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm looking for a picture of a female human in a modern or futuristic officer's uniform. Ideally the rest of the picture would evoke the feeling of a star-ship's bridge. If she herself has (non-mechanical) wings that would be even better, but it's the least important detail here.
    Maybe look for a gender-bent version of Sanguinus or whatever that guy from WH40K was called. Y'know, one of the Primarchs?
    Awesome custom psywar avatar made by Coronalwave. Thanks dude!

    Most of my old signature has been moved to the new extended signature.

  30. - Top - End - #750
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DeTess's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Dungeons and Dreamboats VIII: Bulletproof Nudity

    Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Maybe look for a gender-bent version of Sanguinus or whatever that guy from WH40K was called. Y'know, one of the Primarchs?
    Heh, that's not a bad idea. Unfortunately, as far as I can find Sanguinius is mostly depicted in full armor, which is not really what I'm looking for.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •