New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] How much pages does it take to gain a super form?

The Androids
    "Huh. Your right. 22, do you think Goku was why Bulma popularized the design?"
    "No, I'm pretty sure the capsule corp designs were around before Goku became that strong....or ki fighters in general.....I think it just might because of all the monsters, demons, greedy armies and strange magic and tech everywhere. Maybe it was excessive amount of rocket launchers that caused that dome design."
    "Yeah, it was probably the rocket launchers."
    "Mommy, whats a rocket launcher?"
    "Its a big tube thing you carry on your shoulder that fires rockets, which are like ki blasts but solid, made of metal, powered by fuel and weaker, as well as being unable to be controlled by your mind to be nonlethal. They still explode though."
    "Oh. How disappointing."
    "Don't worry Starlight, rocket launcher missiles can only blow up a house, or parts of a building! They're weak pointless weapons and should never be used." 22 tries to reassure her.
    Seriously rocket launchers show up a lot in Dragon Ball when mundanes try to fight these people. They never succeed. One suspects humanity has a wider problem with blowing things up than just the martial artists.
    "Anyways, enough about that, anything you particularly like about Canterlot, Starlight? They say each city wherever go in the universe has a personality to it, an identity all to itself that makes it that particular city rather than anywhere else, theres gotta be something makes Canterlot,
    Canterlot eh?"

Flake
    "Anyways, I think will go join the Androids and Starlight at least. Quit bothering you since your probably busy. See what the people are like myself."
    Flake walks towards that shop Starlight mentioned. Perhaps she will truly see what the ponies are like for herself.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

"Armors? Capsules?" Steam Punk's eyes have widened.
    "oh boy! Celestia, does it means you.. of course it doeas! WOhoh!" he hopped in place happily

Vodkana purred. "Would therrrre be a parrrty, when we win?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Yes, it's right over here. Artic said, walking to his suit of power armor. Clearly of advanced design, sleek yet bulky. Its unpainted metal was clearly not of materials found in Equestria.

My name is Artic by the way, nice to meet you, Mr. Punk. He extended a hoof in greeting, only just realizing how silly it was to shake hands until after the fact.

Anything you can do to get my armor to appear more inconspicuous would be appreciated. Do you have a workshop you need to get to? He asked, lifting the armor in one foreleg as though it weighed nothing.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Steam Punk, actually took Arctic's hoof and shaked it. For some reason it worked.
    Magic?

Despitr looking at this thrities, he fanboyed all over without any shame.
    'But WHY in Equestria and Celi's name, would you like to make it more inconspicuous? It looks like a dream! Better than a dream!" his eyes watered emotionaly.

He side looked at Celestia and sighed.
    "Fiiiiine. Let's make your armor look stone age style. And yes.. I do. Just don't laugh too hard, all I got is steam and crystals." he was prepared to lead the way if Arctic followed.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #155

Artic examined his hoof to see how it was possible they managed an actual handshake with no hands?

My understanding is that most ponies -ah- don't share our taste for high -ah- technology. He said. If it blends in,
    i'm sure it -ah- will be just fine. That, and steampunk's always been in-style for thousands of years.
    Artic will follow Steam Punk, carrying his armor with him.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Steam Punk sighed. Pressed on button on his saddle back, and with ticking noise an armor streched in curvy plates around his neck to his head, covering his face with mask helmet and a horn made from crystal.
    He levitated Arctic's armor to ease it for him.

"THAT will happen so long after I am gone." Steam Punk sighed.
    "And it making me go nuts-" he left the armor for moment and turned few pebbles into nuts, and offered some to Arctic, while levitating the armor again. Strangely, when he used magic and levitiation, strong ticking noises were heard from his helmet and neck.
    "I am a pony of science and tech! I want to go forward, to build the most advanced technique! But I'll always be a little stone age scholar at best. I have heard about computers! It would be so wonderful, if a machine could do the BIG calculations for me. I tried to built few calculaters, but it a joke compared to what computers can do! So... I am quite excited to examine your armor" he led him down, to dungeons under the bar.
    He led him to mechanical elevator, and then led him to big steam ounk lab,
    with a lot of steaming tubes, ticking machines and glowing crystals and gems. One of the crystal glowed when Arctic passed through- and with ticking noise, a mechanical calculater, showed the power level of Arctic, close enough- probably few hundrerds ki above or below the exact one.

Steam Punk has examined the armor, with set of strange optical devices.
    "So how exactly your armor function? I don't want to hurt anything vital accidently during the process"

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Androids

"Huh. Your right. 22, do you think Goku was why Bulma popularized the design?"

"No, I'm pretty sure the capsule corp designs were around before Goku became that strong....or ki fighters in general.....I think it just might because of all the monsters, demons, greedy armies and strange magic and tech everywhere. Maybe it was excessive amount of rocket launchers that caused that dome design."

"Yeah, it was probably the rocket launchers."

"Mommy, whats a rocket launcher?"

"Its a big tube thing you carry on your shoulder that fires rockets, which are like ki blasts but solid, made of metal, powered by fuel and weaker, as well as being unable to be controlled by your mind to be nonlethal. They still explode though."

"Oh. How disappointing."

"Don't worry Starlight, rocket launcher missiles can only blow up a house, or parts of a building! They're weak pointless weapons and should never be used." 22 tries to reassure her.

Seriously rocket launchers show up a lot in Dragon Ball when mundanes try to fight these people. They never succeed. One suspects humanity has a wider problem with blowing things up than just the martial artists.

"Anyways, enough about that, anything you particularly like about Canterlot, Starlight? They say each city wherever go in the universe has a personality to it, an identity all to itself that makes it that particular city rather than anywhere else, there's gotta be something makes Canterlot, Canterlot eh?"
    Sweet Roll glanced up at her horn, then over at Starlight. "Did ... did I leave my perception filter on again?" she asked.

Starlight shook her head. "No, they always do this, it's not just you," she said sheepishly.

"Forgive me, but ... does that not seem somewhat rude?"

"Oh, it is. Extremely." Starlight sighed. She turned her attention back to the androids. "Despite being a mingling of the three races, there are places in Equestria that attracts predominantly one of the three races. For Canterlot, that's unicorns, with some pegasi as well. Most earth ponies don't bother with the trip up here, although some choose to make the trip simply because it is the capital of Equestria and the location of the palace where Princess Celestia rules. Due to the high concentration of unicorns, it is one of the most technologically advanced locations in Equestria, developing new steam and thaumic technology. And because it is the capital, it's also the great cultural center of Equestria, with festivals on an almost weekly basis."

Flake

"Anyways, I think will go join the Androids and Starlight at least. Quit bothering you since your probably busy. See what the people are like myself."

Flake walks towards that shop Starlight mentioned. Perhaps she will truly see what the ponies are like for herself.
    On her way out, Flake passed by the guardhouse, where the royal guard was training, the Canterlot air field, where the Wonderbolts were training for a big show, and finally the shopping district, which seemed more like a giant exhibit where ponies came to show off their work in an almost festival-like atmosphere. If Flake did not get distracted by any of these things, she would eventually arrive at the inn without any interruptions.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana purred. "Would therrrre be a parrrty, when we win?"
    "I see no reason why not!" Sweet Roll replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158

Artic suddenly became aware. From his point of view, Steampunk is just a style. Fashion. To the more primitive Equestrians, it was a necessity, the only way they can achieve anything resembling a level of industrialization.

Well, I can tell you how it works, but -ah- i'd be forced to use words you've never heard before. So why don't I just show you. He sets the armor down and sets a hoof inside the neck. His nose scrunches as he is unable to get a grip on what he was looking for. Of course not, hooves. He felt silly again and attempted to grab it in the crook of his ankle.

Ah! Got it! He then pulled out what looked like a plug attached to a cord. He then stuck it into his neck, underneath his cerulean mane. With a click, it was stuck inside. The armor then shuttered before moving of its own volition, miming Artic's pose, the armor's foreleg behind the neck. He set his leg down and stood on all fours, and the armor mimed his movements perfectly at the exact same time. Every subtle shift of stance and movement was mirrored in the armor's movement as though someone were wearing it.

The armor connects directly into my nervous system, and moves with me like a second skin. While wearing it, it's virtually weightless, while increasing my own strength and durability.

It also possesses a suite of other features including integrated energy projection systems, redundant power supply through prototype infinite energy generators.
    An attempt at reverse-engineering Gero's design. Due to the lack of the kinds of energy distribution systems Gero's androids possessed, Artic has been unable to reconstruct the full generator, however if the energy distribution problem can be solved, then Artic shudders at the kind of power output his armor could have. Theoretically, a power level in the billions. There is also integrated custom scouters, communicators, a multi-band sensory suite, and an incomplete force-field generator. I...would strongly urge you to avoid interfacing with the scouter. Because scouters have Hypernet access. Letting ponies access the intergalactic hypernet struck him as a terrible, terrible idea for reasons beyond Celestia's desire to keep ponies ignorant until their society is ready. As for the forcefield generator, he's been attempting to reverse-engineer both Gero's designs and what was found from 23 and 22's programming. The results have been less than stellar and have resulted in more explosions than Artic was comfortable with. The current iteration was fully functional, but only protective against assailants with a power level of about 0.1 Raditzes.

Actually, give me a second here... He realized he could use magic too. Or rather, ki telekinesis. He felt around in his armor's helmet, and with a few loosened screws, was able to detach the integrated scouter which, perhaps conveniently, resembled a pair of large-rimmed spectacles. He didn't store the schematics of his armor JUST in there, that kind of information has to be backed up, after all, but if something is damaged, it'd be useful to have this information on-hand just-in-case. Or on-hoof, in this world. His armor mimed the motion of Artic putting the scouter-glasses on his face.

There we go.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2017-10-23 at 09:04 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

"It's a date then!" she purred happily

[Steam Punk]

He gasped. "It's beautiful!!!" he stroke the armor pieces with love. "Hmm.. I might be able to improve my alicron suit.." he mumbled to himself, bending under a desk, writing notes.
    "Ehh.. you are probably in hurry. I'll get to it" he gotten up back again.
    "Is something wrong with the scouter?" he has asked, now even more curiose about it.
    With a ticking noise, a whole armor now covered his body, with mechanical, bat-like wings, and a lot of ticking, with a crystal placed at sockets at his chest and the place of the cutie mark. At this form of suit, he had power parallel to 6,000 ki.
    He concentrated and gave the armor glamour of an equine warrior's armor fitting the era.
    "I decided to touch your work directly.. it's simply a powerful glamour which only alicorn's level magic could cancel." he explained.

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #160

Steam Punk

Oh no, nothing's wrong. Artic said as he stepped into his modified suit. He knew it was an illusion but all that meant were that many of its plates were made completely invisible. The actual geometry hasn't changed, even if it appeared to be some very simple steel plate barding with bronze leafing. Or is it actually bronze? He hoped it wasn't bronze.

It's...hard to explain, so you'll have to take my word for it. If someone told him that, what would he do? Press further, be more curious. Yet Artic could never make an argument as to why ignorance is preferable. He knew it, in this case, to be true, but he couldn't bring himself to articulate such an argument. Though if you want to know more, you should speak to Princess Celestia. She knows about...Hailing. The name drop should at least give him something concrete to ask about.

Though I have to say, this is excellent work. I can also tell your armor, excellent craftsmanship. Craftsponyship, but that's what Artic gets for not being a local. He can sense energy, but his scouter allowed him to sense the power levels of machines, sans Steam Punk's armor. 6000 is leagues above what Artic expected from an Equestrian mechanic. No wonder Celestia recommended him directly.

Once fully inside his armor with his helmet, which also appeared to be a simple helmet that didn't even have a faceplate. The scouter that looked like a pair of glasses, having been earlier removed from the armor, were protected from the glamer, leaving Artic looking like a nerd cosplaying as a guardspony.

I must say, thank you for your assistance, Mr. Punk.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Steam Punk nodded. "Celi,
    is quite worried about Hailing. Those days, we mostly coming up with back up plans, in case Hailing get here.
    It quite complex plans. It seems she is mostly worried about the ponies noticing big flashy battles at all."
    Punk almost bitten the bait. But "politics" weren't as intresting to him as tech.
    How ever, it was clear that the friendly alien wanted to avoid to share his knowledge to a little stone age pony like him.
    Probably under Celestia's direcrtion. Ugh. Celestia was probably the most attractive mare ever... But..
    Ugh. "My Little Ponies" she called her citizens, probably fhinking of herself as the national grandma. Always worried about their little sensitive minds.
    But Steam Punk didn't cared about her careful grand society plannings.

Steam didn't had time for this. He wasn't immortal who could enjoy see the trees grow.
    He needed to advance as much as he could.
    And be Celestia his witness... Eh.. Actually better not. But he will discover the secrets of the alien's tech!

"It was my pleasure. And don"t "Mister" me. I am a friend! Actually.. Could you help me to improve the suite?"

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Sweet Roll glanced up at her horn, then over at Starlight. "Did ... did I leave my perception filter on again?" she asked.

Starlight shook her head. "No, they always do this, it's not just you," she said sheepishly.

"Forgive me, but ... does that not seem somewhat rude?"

"Oh, it is. Extremely." Starlight sighed. She turned her attention back to the androids. "Despite being a mingling of the three races, there are places in Equestria that attracts predominantly one of the three races. For Canterlot, that's unicorns, with some pegasi as well. Most earth ponies don't bother with the trip up here, although some choose to make the trip simply because it is the capital of Equestria and the location of the palace where Princess Celestia rules. Due to the high concentration of unicorns, it is one of the most technologically advanced locations in Equestria, developing new steam and thaumic technology. And because it is the capital, it's also the great cultural center of Equestria, with festivals on an almost weekly basis."

On her way out, Flake passed by the guardhouse, where the royal guard was training, the Canterlot air field, where the Wonderbolts were training for a big show, and finally the shopping district, which seemed more like a giant exhibit where ponies came to show off their work in an almost festival-like atmosphere. If Flake did not get distracted by any of these things, she would eventually arrive at the inn without any interruptions.
    "We are kind of not good at etiquette are we?"
    "No, I don't think we are. I think we're only socially skilled compared to complete battle-happy idiots."
    "Ah, I see, I can see some earth ponies seeing this as pretty high class, for good or bad. Whole cityfolk and country folk dynamic is a tale old as civilization. I've never been but Capital City is probably similar in some ways, I only know West City. Waits what our continents name again?"
    "Compasia. The early explorers were really on the nose about naming everything after navigational stuff. I'm pretty sure one of the Capital City's rejected or previous names was Needle."
    "Just don't ask about Sextant City. 23 says wryly to Starlight, earning a playful hoof-smack on the shoulder from 22, Masala is just confused. "Anyways, What about Cloudsdale and Manehatten? Are they around, or not built yet? Because while I can see Cloudsdale still existing, Manehatten seemed a lot more modern-ish than Canterlot from what I saw of it."

Flake meanwhile pauses to look at them a little. military discipline, athletic competitions, art, ok it seemed more real to her now. Maybe she was just being too distrusting. After all, so many things in the modern world- and probably in the galactic one beyond- teach one to be wary of Things Too Good to Be True. When you constantly expect lies and hidden complications behind every advertisement, consumer deal and so on, you get caught off guard when someone is truly honest you suppose. It is an unfortunate state of affairs that one can come from a society with such a failing, but there is nothing to be done, and one hopes such the ponies don't fall prey to such things. Not that the past has been full of many truths either, but still they have something good going for the ponies. She kees walking until she finds the shop and sits down.
    "I saw some of the sights. I admit, Starlight, I'm sorry for being a little suspicious of all this. What is it about good things that seeming unbelievable when you've been exposed to so much bad?"

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

"We are kind of not good at etiquette are we?"
    "No, I don't think we are. I think we're only socially skilled compared to complete battle-happy idiots."
    "Ah, I see, I can see some earth ponies seeing this as pretty high class, for good or bad. Whole cityfolk and country folk dynamic is a tale old as civilization. I've never been but Capital City is probably similar in some ways, I only know West City. Waits what our continents name again?"
    "Compasia. The early explorers were really on the nose about naming everything after navigational stuff. I'm pretty sure one of the Capital City's rejected or previous names was Needle."
    "Just don't ask about Sextant City. 23 says wryly to Starlight, earning a playful hoof-smack on the shoulder from 22, Masala is just confused.
    Starlight is equally confused, tilting her head slightly. "....Huh?"

"Anyways, What about Cloudsdale and Manehatten? Are they around, or not built yet? Because while I can see Cloudsdale still existing, Manehatten seemed a lot more modern-ish than Canterlot from what I saw of it."
    "Well, I've never heard of Manehatten before, but Cloudsdale has existed since the dawn of Equestria," Starlight replied. "It's another one of the cities that is primarily, or in their case exclusively, inhabited by one race -- the pegasi. For ... obvious reasons."

Sweet Roll nodded. "It should be hovering around the outskirts of the Everfree Forest right about now," she said, frowning. Starlight, noticing her concerned, turned her attention to the baker.

"What, is something wrong in the Everfree?" she asked.

"Well, no. Yes. Maybe. There have been ... reports of increased activity in the Forest. Loud noises, spikes of thaumic energy. A few of my customers from the farmlands noticed it on the way up here."

"I saw some of the sights. I admit, Starlight, I'm sorry for being a little suspicious of all this. What is it about good things that seeming unbelievable when you've been exposed to so much bad?"
    Starlight looked up, noticing Flake walk in and motioning her over. "Yeah ... no problem. You're just in time, we just got some news."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

14. - Top - End - #164

You know who Hailing is? Artic tilts his head before sighing in relief. That actually makes things easier, then.
    I'll just say that Celestia is correct to be worried.

As for the suit?
    Artic walked over to Steam Punk, looking over his armor. I'm always happy to lend a hand to push the boundaries of mechanics. If anyone asks, call it divine inspiration.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    You know who Hailing is? Artic tilts his head before sighing in relief. That actually makes things easier, then.
    I'll just say that Celestia is correct to be worried.

As for the suit?
    Artic walked over to Steam Punk, looking over his armor. I'm always happy to lend a hand to push the boundaries of mechanics. If anyone asks, call it divine inspiration.
    'Well, she didn't hired, just to have an overweight egoist stallion to flirt with her, on daily basis.' he chuckled.
    Steam Punk hoped, that through Acrtic's tips.. he could lean. He showed him blueprints made by visionary magic.
    It shown the Alicorn suite quite well.
    'I have grown in unicorn family.. but I wanted to prove I can be magical too. And I wasn't wrong. The difference between pony kinds, is how they wield their magic. In theory, unicorns can trot on clouds, Earth Ponies could levitate things, and pegasis, could have magical strength. Alicorns, more than anything, are able to produce the magic in all ways- and this potential exist in every pony, since alicorn could be born from anypony, it means the genes are there.' he paused.

'What I did, is to use crystals which using the inner magic as source, and a clock-like machine which, produced this magic out, mimicing it the way alicorns doing it...' he paused.
    'But it's still a weak mimic. I am sure, I could do more than that, if I could make the crystal to absorb more from the inner magic..'

------
    My previouse Avater

16. - Top - End - #166

Artic looked at the schematics, he was actually pleasantly surprised. His expectations were quite low, some kind of barely-functional contraption held together with duct-tape and wishes, at least by his standards. While there were clearly improvements to be made, what he has so far is actually surprisingly well-put-together and efficient. The energy distribution in particular is quite ingenious. His scouter was taking notes and pictures as he willed his thoughts into text through the cerebral link.

Speaking of, this armor could surely benefit from a cerebral link, but without an exceptionally skilled surgeon (he missed Callins) it could just as easily paralyze the patient. No, he'll have to make do without. Particularly in regards to utilizing alicorn magic.

Me, personally, I saw and understood the kind of damage someone like Hailing can do. Creatures that are just...born strong. Power corrupts,
    after all. Celestia is more magnificent than most realize in this regard.
    He only hopes she isn't hiding some horrible, dark secret. Please, universe. Let there be some legitimate good. Technology can even that gap. Brute force doesn't build civilizations, after all. Being scary can only get you so far.

Mimicking Earth Pony strength, well, you have that down pat. He said encouragingly. I wouldn't worry about pulling out additional magic from the user. Especially if it risks the wearer. Integrating your own power source into the armor itself might be able to fix your energy problem. Fusion is an extremely basic method of power generation, but Artic was hesitant. Does he really want ponykind to be experimenting with nuclear power? Cold fusion might be better. Far less volatile.

It depends what your intentions are. Mimicking an Alicorn's abilities can be done, making something identical to their abilities will, well,
    require an alicorn.

I can't guarantee cloudwalking, but flight's very simple, you don't even need wings. Here, let's just move these around...
    Artic tinkered with the hologram, having figured out where the energy was being distributed to mimic flight. Rather than go to the wings, if they can be contained in their own self-contained source, then distributed evenly throughout the body, careful to avoid soft-points, it will mimic the way ki-users can fly. At least in theory.
    Um, I can already fly so needing to build this...well, never came up so, I guess this'll be a beta test?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Artic looked at the schematics, he was actually pleasantly surprised. His expectations were quite low, some kind of barely-functional contraption held together with duct-tape and wishes, at least by his standards. While there were clearly improvements to be made, what he has so far is actually surprisingly well-put-together and efficient. The energy distribution in particular is quite ingenious. His scouter was taking notes and pictures as he willed his thoughts into text through the cerebral link.

Speaking of, this armor could surely benefit from a cerebral link, but without an exceptionally skilled surgeon (he missed Callins) it could just as easily paralyze the patient. No, he'll have to make do without. Particularly in regards to utilizing alicorn magic.

Me, personally, I saw and understood the kind of damage someone like Hailing can do. Creatures that are just...born strong. Power corrupts,
    after all. Celestia is more magnificent than most realize in this regard.
    He only hopes she isn't hiding some horrible, dark secret. Please, universe. Let there be some legitimate good. Technology can even that gap. Brute force doesn't build civilizations, after all. Being scary can only get you so far.

Mimicking Earth Pony strength, well, you have that down pat. He said encouragingly. I wouldn't worry about pulling out additional magic from the user. Especially if it risks the wearer. Integrating your own power source into the armor itself might be able to fix your energy problem. Fusion is an extremely basic method of power generation, but Artic was hesitant. Does he really want ponykind to be experimenting with nuclear power? Cold fusion might be better. Far less volatile.

It depends what your intentions are. Mimicking an Alicorn's abilities can be done, making something identical to their abilities will, well,
    require an alicorn.

I can't guarantee cloudwalking, but flight's very simple, you don't even need wings. Here, let's just move these around...
    Artic tinkered with the hologram, having figured out where the energy was being distributed to mimic flight. Rather than go to the wings, if they can be contained in their own self-contained source, then distributed evenly throughout the body, careful to avoid soft-points, it will mimic the way ki-users can fly. At least in theory.
    Um, I can already fly so needing to build this...well, never came up so, I guess this'll be a beta test?
    "To fly without machine? That sound intresting." he looked with amaze, at Arctic's tinkering.
    "Interacting the power source? Hmm.. that would be complicated to be done... but I'll work on it. he said with excitment, already forgetting about his plot to "steal" forbidden knowledge.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #168

Anyone can do it, actually. Artic remarked matter-of-factly as he pieced together a simple thruster around the wings. Though unnecessary, the presence of wings did simplify the design and provide the right winged-flight effect Steam was clearly going for. It would be useful for simply gliding as well, useful in an emergency in addition, though technology nowadays is built to last. It should out-live Steam Punk.

I'd try to avoid it, you'll freak out the Pegasus-es-sus. He meant 'Pegasi.'

Also, let me have a look at those servos... He said, looking over the template for the motorized joints. Although the effect would be very, very small, Artic's modifications should reduce input lag, making it 'feel' more responsive, about as good as it gets without a cerebral link.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

"It will be fun to freak them out." Steam Punk smiled.
    "I enjoy freaking ponies up. My family think that my suit is heresy."
    He stared at his actions.
    "|Could you teach me that? It could save a lot of energy from the suit..."

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Starlight is equally confused, tilting her head slightly. "....Huh?"

"Well, I've never heard of Manehatten before, but Cloudsdale has existed since the dawn of Equestria," Starlight replied. "It's another one of the cities that is primarily, or in their case exclusively, inhabited by one race -- the pegasi. For ... obvious reasons."

Sweet Roll nodded. "It should be hovering around the outskirts of the Everfree Forest right about now," she said, frowning. Starlight, noticing her concerned, turned her attention to the baker.

"What, is something wrong in the Everfree?" she asked.

"Well, no. Yes. Maybe. There have been ... reports of increased activity in the Forest. Loud noises, spikes of thaumic energy. A few of my customers from the farmlands noticed it on the way up here."

Starlight looked up, noticing Flake walk in and motioning her over. "Yeah ... no problem. You're just in time, we just got some news."
    "Good to know. Well thats a weird thing, I'd say we should investigate it, but at the same time.....well.....we haven't gotten used to these forms yet, Star. Should we take the risk? I mean,
    shouldn't we at least figure out what our problems going into combat will be?"

23 says, looking down at her hooves
    "Yeah, if we go into this unprepared it could be bad, and we don't even know if its even related to this."
    "We can't take chances that it isn't. We're not exactly spoiled for time. But at the same time, we can't just go rushing in without knowing how this will work....I say we at least do a practice session before we start investigating the spooky dangerous woods."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight nodded. "I agree," she said. "I know a few places where we can train without disturbing anypony. Instinct should kick in quickly, so we'll give it a couple of days, see how you fare, and decide from there. I will have the agency monitor the situation as it develops."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #172

I can see how that might develop into a whole lot of complications. Artic states. For one thing, your eyes will be opened to a level of abilities most unicorns can't even fathom, plus the power required and complications thereof would be, well, mind-boggling in their implications.
    Your family starts asking questions, maybe your mother goes gossiping with her friends about her Earth Pony son being able to fly unaided, and who knows where that goes from there? Surely it will give Celestia a lot of headaches as she will surely have planned out a time in history where ponies would learn how to do this.

In short, I fething LOVE the idea!
    Not out of any animosity towards Celestia, it goes without saying, but Artic found stirring the pot to be rather amusing. Just...be aware. With the power comes the responsibility NOT to use it.

Well, I guess, first...do this.
    Artic extends a hoof, and forms a cerulean ball of ki at the end of it.

However it will be more complicated than that, teaching Steam Punk. Artic, as an Arcosian, is a native ki-user. Energy is like a limb, using it is like bending an arm or walking. For him, creating a ball of ki is as easy as just...doing it. Similarly, it was difficult for him to imaigne others not being able to just 'do it.'

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Steam Punk smiled.
    "I like your attitude!"
    and grumbled to himself
    "imagining enraged Celestia is mm..." he blushed for a moment and shaked his head, and tried to concentrate,

He blinked
    "Without.. using the.. mecha horn.. right?" he looked akwarded.
    "Ehh... wow... mmm.." he extended his foreleg and "Mmmmmmm"ed. But nothing happened.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Starlight nodded. "I agree," she said. "I know a few places where we can train without disturbing anypony. Instinct should kick in quickly, so we'll give it a couple of days, see how you fare, and decide from there. I will have the agency monitor the situation as it develops."
    Training
    23 and 22 face each other, preparing to fight. They stare each other down, having sparred with one another many times before. Then as if by some unseen signal, they leap into action, 22 trying to charge up a beam through her gem, and 23 trying to conjure her Flowey Cosplay and charge forward.

Neither work. 22's beam is completely inaccurate and nowhere near as strong as her usual attacks, while 23's attempt at the cosplay conjures the cosplay, but its human formed so it only entangles her and causes her to trip and fall in her charge, crashing to the ground before she picks herself up.
    "Yeah. I was afraid of this. I don't think our Cosplay Style will work while in this form."
    "Wait, why?"
    23 explains as she plucks the failed cosplay off of her.
    "Because as far as I can tell, our minds are still instinctively human. And there has never been any pony who cosplays, so there has never been someone who could instinctively make clothing and therefore cosplay for pony bodies to teach us. All the cosplays we do are human-shaped,
    so we'd have to figure out how pony clothing works to make use of cosplaying when a pony. We don't have kind of time. We'll have to make do without."

"Yeah, and it was completely weird to try and focus an attack through the forehead rather than my hands. I think normally my hands provide a good physical guide, so there is no need for my my mind alone to be the focus itself, where a lot my thoughts are chaotic and interfere with each other,
    so I can't focus my ki attacks as well."

Starlight can also observe that their PL's were closer to Starlight's PL while in these bodies, being about the same. After all, they were in unfamiliar bodies and could not utilize their power as effectively. They would probably be working with a handicap no matter what they did.

25. - Top - End - #175

Artic frowned when nothing happened. Was he fooling around? This sort of thing should be easy. All he has to do is push and...

Now it was Artic's turn to blush when he realized this kind of thing doesn't come as easily to others as it does him. In fact, he's rarely had to think about it at all. Ever.

He put a hoof under his chin. Pondering how it was HE did it. ...you know, i've never thought about it before. It's something I just...take for granted.

I think I am on the right track though.
    He approached the pony. What you saw is known as "Ki" or "Energy.' The terms are fairly interchangeable. Anyways, it's the power of all living beings. I've been controlling energy my whole life, so it comes easy for me, but you, well, you'll start from scratch.

So...I suppose what you want to do is sit down. or lay down.
    Artic demonstrates. Get comfortable. Now...concentrate. Look inside yourself. Find your spark, your flame, your very soul. Then try to move it. Damn scouter, why was it being so slow?! He needs hypernet articles for ki tutorials!! For now just try to...hold it. Like I did.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

Training
    23 and 22 face each other, preparing to fight. They stare each other down, having sparred with one another many times before. Then as if by some unseen signal, they leap into action, 22 trying to charge up a beam through her gem, and 23 trying to conjure her Flowey Cosplay and charge forward.

Neither work. 22's beam is completely inaccurate and nowhere near as strong as her usual attacks, while 23's attempt at the cosplay conjures the cosplay, but its human formed so it only entangles her and causes her to trip and fall in her charge, crashing to the ground before she picks herself up.
    "Yeah. I was afraid of this. I don't think our Cosplay Style will work while in this form."
    "Wait, why?"
    23 explains as she plucks the failed cosplay off of her.
    "Because as far as I can tell, our minds are still instinctively human. And there has never been any pony who cosplays, so there has never been someone who could instinctively make clothing and therefore cosplay for pony bodies to teach us. All the cosplays we do are human-shaped,
    so we'd have to figure out how pony clothing works to make use of cosplaying when a pony. We don't have kind of time. We'll have to make do without."

"Yeah, and it was completely weird to try and focus an attack through the forehead rather than my hands. I think normally my hands provide a good physical guide, so there is no need for my my mind alone to be the focus itself, where a lot my thoughts are chaotic and interfere with each other,
    so I can't focus my ki attacks as well."

Starlight can also observe that their PL's were closer to Starlight's PL while in these bodies, being about the same. After all, they were in unfamiliar bodies and could not utilize their power as effectively. They would probably be working with a handicap no matter what they did.

Vodkana waved. "I can trry.. nya." she pondered about it.
    "But I am sure, there is some sort of ancientish cosplay- theater for example. And knowing ponies, I am sure, there are ponies who can switch clothes in one moment or two! Nya!"

Artic frowned when nothing happened. Was he fooling around? This sort of thing should be easy. All he has to do is push and...

Now it was Artic's turn to blush when he realized this kind of thing doesn't come as easily to others as it does him. In fact, he's rarely had to think about it at all. Ever.

He put a hoof under his chin. Pondering how it was HE did it. ...you know, i've never thought about it before. It's something I just...take for granted.

I think I am on the right track though.
    He approached the pony. What you saw is known as "Ki" or "Energy.' The terms are fairly interchangeable. Anyways, it's the power of all living beings. I've been controlling energy my whole life, so it comes easy for me, but you, well, you'll start from scratch.

So...I suppose what you want to do is sit down. or lay down.
    Artic demonstrates. Get comfortable. Now...concentrate. Look inside yourself. Find your spark, your flame, your very soul. Then try to move it. Damn scouter, why was it being so slow?! He needs hypernet articles for ki tutorials!! For now just try to...hold it. Like I did.
    Steam Punk sighed. He knew it wouldn't be that easy. He sat down, and tried to force his over working mind to stop.
    He grinned under his mask.
    But he is mecha technician, who cheated through science. Why should he stop now?
    Ehh.. because he wanted to use this "ki" without mechanical aid?
    Sure. But it could help him, grasp the point of it.
    So.. instead of concetrating his energy at the horn.. he conceretated it at the foreleg- and created a random explosion.
    Not something big- but enough to make both of them comicly smoked.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #177

Artic blinked in surprise. Fortunately it appeared Steam Punk was unharmed, though Artic still felt the need to take a nearby rag and wipe off his face.

Okay, uh, that was a good first attempt. He thinks? In actuality, actually manifesting any effect this quickly is, while hardly not unheard of, quite impressive. Try again, except...more slowly. Don't force it.

And, uh, if you have a blast chamber, going there would be a good idea.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Training
    "Huh, thats a good idea Vodkana! I think that will work, once we get these bodies working right...."
    "Starlight, you know any plays that have heroic figures in them? those tend to be the best ones for combat capability. Don't list any with Celestia or Luna in them though. Cosplaying as them would be......awkward."
    "And if we can use the cosplays to hide our identities that would be a bonus, cause a
    a few ponies saving the day as theater figures would be less of a hassle than if we had to use some pony identity."

"Wait, what ARE our pony names if we have to say our identities to them? Its not as if we can say our numbers...."
    "Well they tend to have names relating to their Cutie Marks and ours are.....hard to explain. How about I go with Rainbowheart, and you go with Crimsonheart?"
    "Really?"
    "Really?"
    Both Masala and 22 say with eyebrows raised.
    "What? They sound like pony names, its not as if Starlight's name is any better."
    "Wait whats mine?" Masala asks
    "Jesterheart."
    ".....all you did was find a two-syllable word then put 'heart' on the end!" the pony-shaped majin protests.
    "And it works doesn't it? Besides we're family so it keeps a theme."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Artic blinked in surprise. Fortunately it appeared Steam Punk was unharmed, though Artic still felt the need to take a nearby rag and wipe off his face.

Okay, uh, that was a good first attempt. He thinks? In actuality, actually manifesting any effect this quickly is, while hardly not unheard of, quite impressive. Try again, except...more slowly. Don't force it.

And, uh, if you have a blast chamber, going there would be a good idea.

Steam Punk chuckled nervously.
    "You mean, my play room? sure." he led Arctic with pride, to his "play room"- where he tested his more dangerouse teches. It was enchanted to be bigger from the inside, than the place it caught in the over all map.
    Just messing with physics of space. Nothing that a top student of Celestia couldn't do with years of study.
    Yes. Steam Punk was full of himself. The room was covered in variouse of force bubbles, and on the wall were hanging variouse strange steam punk empowered weapons- like Steam Blade set- it were a small tube, which produces pressed line of steam which was strong enough to cut metal, and many other crazy toys.

"Good enough?"

Training
    "Huh, thats a good idea Vodkana! I think that will work, once we get these bodies working right...."
    "Starlight, you know any plays that have heroic figures in them? those tend to be the best ones for combat capability. Don't list any with Celestia or Luna in them though. Cosplaying as them would be......awkward."
    "And if we can use the cosplays to hide our identities that would be a bonus, cause a
    a few ponies saving the day as theater figures would be less of a hassle than if we had to use some pony identity."

"Wait, what ARE our pony names if we have to say our identities to them? Its not as if we can say our numbers...."
    "Well they tend to have names relating to their Cutie Marks and ours are.....hard to explain. How about I go with Rainbowheart, and you go with Crimsonheart?"
    "Really?"
    "Really?"
    Both Masala and 22 say with eyebrows raised.
    "What? They sound like pony names, its not as if Starlight's name is any better."
    "Wait whats mine?" Masala asks
    "Jesterheart."
    ".....all you did was find a two-syllable word then put 'heart' on the end!" the pony-shaped majin protests.
    "And it works doesn't it? Besides we're family so it keeps a theme."
    "Awww. nya. You three are so adorable." Vodkana couldn't help and took a pic.
    "Though, I am totally going to cosplay Celestia! NYA!"

"Maybe then, she'l notice me.."

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight watched the rest of her friends train, helping them where necessary. The transformation had imparted most of the necessary instincts to them, but their conscious efforts sometimes hindered them more than they helped, so she occasionally stepped in to help them adjust their fighting style where necessary. Of course, it wasn't all combat training, no matter how much the others insisted on working themselves to the bone -- she made an effort to show them around the city, even taking them to some of the museums and even an evening festival.

However, Starlight herself was growing more and more tired. She'd found she had trouble sleeping, as she said when someone inevitably brought it up, but she refused to elaborate any further, simply waving off their concerns. She held a cup of klah in her telekinetic grip, that coffee-like drink made from, among other things, dried and ground senzu beans as she watched her friends.

"A bit of a stretch, but the names pass," she said. "As for cosplays ... well, we do have a few heroes, mostly Princess Celestia and some of the Wonderbolts, but you're probably better off adapting your regular cosplays to your new forms -- unless you cosplay as Princess Celestia, the Mare in the Moon, or Discord, they'll probably have more to work with."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show