New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] How much pages does it take to gain a super form?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Cirra - Royal Palace

There is no fate. Apfel says simply, his gaze still quite unfocused, un-adjusted to observing the world through the chronal dimensions. The very fact that probability and possibility exist is a refutation of a deterministic universe. If only everyone could see like this, the non-existence of fate is obvious.

There is only the choices that we can make, or have made for us. You don't have to be alone. Friendship and companionship does not need to hurt. To do the right thing is difficult, yes, but if you are up to the challenge, you will find your life more fulfilled than you could imagine.

If you disagree, then prove it.
    Though Apfel kept Snap's web inside of his brain, he released his control, allowing him freedom of movement. He then hovered out of the way, giving him line-of-sight to one of the unconscious clerks.

Kill him. Though a callous test, Apfel knew what he was doing. Snap operated out of survival instinct. The fact that Apfel could assume direct control of Snap at a moment's notice should not be lost on him, or the fact that he could easily anticipate any maneuver he might make and counter it. Instant-transmission, Apfel already knew which direction he would travel to, and intercept. Shoot a ki spark, he already knew in which direction he would fire. Activate all the gravity bombs? They could all be disarmed with a simple burst of energy before the thought to activate them even crossed Snap's mind. Then Apfel would kill Snap. Though a myriad web of probabilities and possibilities about future events spread out before him, in none of them where Snap did attempt to kill did anyone else except Snap die.

Apfel was going to kill Snap if he tried, and he wanted Snap to know it.

Snap screeched his teeth.
    He could get away, finally.
    But.. did he wanted to get away?

Snap would dispaoint Apfel, and he would hate himself even more.
    He knew that.

who care? You are the Web Master. Survive this day, wait for a revenge at another...' a dark voice wishpered.

NO!

He started to gather a ki spark between his fingers, struggling against his instincts.
    This would his free willed decision!

But...
    why Apfel haven't killed him yet? Apfel should have seen the future- he IS going to kill the clerk!
    Or.. not?

What Apfel seen in him? Apfel.. wasn't a fool.

But maybe...

'You should hang out with this guy!" Snap imagined Iceberg saying.
    'You won't help us by destroying yourself. I didn't knew back then, why he acted so evil... but maybe he could help you!" Apjal said.
    "He IS ugly, even more than Apjal... but his attitude.. is touching, if your imagination would have been more artistic you could have write a poem in my name; Zarzoob said.

Snap sighed, and let the ki spark to fade.
    'Don't blame me, if you'l find that I will back stab you' he tried to warn with a defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    DIP
    23 uses matter materialization and conjures a rock to meet the ball of Destruction Ki and it destroys that instead, cancelling them out. After all, there will always be another beginning no matter what people feel about it.
    "....You are not impressing me, by throwing ki that could destroy my soul, Vodkana."
    She says coldly. Tarasai mentioned it the other day.
    "Know the situation before you go throwing around such dangerous attacks. Your power is not a toy. Having it, is not the same as knowing how to use it, or using it wisely. Getting powerful is only one part of the journey- the other part is knowing when to hold back, to restrain yourself, to control that power. For such power is useless or detrimental if its not wielded correctly. The strongest man in the world could swing a blade and still lose to a master swordsman. Muscle without skill- is only a raging brute! Unfortunately for you, skill unlike inner power cannot be achieved overnight. Years of street brawls, of experimentation by Dr. Gero, of sparring with 22, fighting villains- and you can see why I am so skilled! Behold."
    She conjures the Thorn Blades. Then the left blade shoots forward, its blade extending into a thorny vine lashing out and trying to grab Vodkana while the right blade also extends straight as an edge trying to stab Vodkana when she is held in place.
    "Nor will you impress Beerus if you cannot control yourself. No god is impressed by recklessness. Least of all Destruction Gods who have probably destroyed many such reckless fools- ones much like you. Your a better fighter than you once were for sure- but its like looking at an equation half finished. Your strong, but to truly be a great fighter, you need refinement."

"It could destroy your soul?~! NYYYA?!" Vodkana mewed with horror.
    Vodkana was too shocked to dodge, and gotten stabbed

"Nyyya!" she mewed with pain and sorrow.
    "r.rrr....refinement? Nya?"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

DIP
    The two thorn blades retract.
    "Yes. Refinement. Your powerful, you have to work on controlling your power properly. If you just power up and wail on the opponent without thinking, your just a thug. A brute. A hammer smashing faces without regard whether she SHOULD smash those faces, or if it would be better to use a dagger to stab them. Its the difference between someone who destroys planets....and someone who can destroy planets, but doesn't need to in order to defeat their opponent.

Sure I could just fire shapeless ki blasts with pure force, but that would kill many innocents along with my opponent. There is a reason why I favor the Trace Laser and the Destructo-Disc. Their default mode is to kill only a single person, to refine all that destruction into singular piercing power far greater than a spread out blast, to minimize the casualties, to focus on the foe that really matters, and often there is only one that matters at all. For armies I have my knife storm, my cowboy cosplay, my dresden one in a pinch. The point is a martial artist is not a slave to emotions, or reliant on their muscles and pure force, or their weapons. They are greater. They don't just use tactics,
    they develop strategies, they don't just learn techniques they figure out what use those techniques have, how those have synergy with other techniques, how they all add up to a great fighter that can win. A great martial artist,
    is greater than their parts. My techniques are only one part of me, My Determination is only one part of me,
    my power is only one part of me, and so on.

My parts are not the fullness of what I am- everything must be used to defeat the foe, working in tandem to a greater goal. Anything less and I cannot say I'm fighting to my full potential. My mind, my body, my soul....all of these must be one to win. All of it is connected and relying on any one part too much only invites weakness. To do this, to make sure you can be a well-connected machine greater than the sum of its parts all working in harmony- that is what it means to be a martial artist, that is what refinement is. Why settle for being a rock, when you can be a sword?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Snap sighed, and let the ki spark to fade.
    'Don't blame me, if you'l find that I will back stab you' he tried to warn with a defeat.
    Apfel saw the possibilities narrow to a single possibility. He smiled at what he saw.

I have seen your future, and there are too many possibilities for me to tell you what will happen. But on many of these paths, you will find true happiness. But it is up to you to find it. He releases the webs completely.

I believe you will. Go from here. Live. Be who you wanted to be, not what the Web Master wanted.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

DIP
    The two thorn blades retract.
    "Yes. Refinement. Your powerful, you have to work on controlling your power properly. If you just power up and wail on the opponent without thinking, your just a thug. A brute. A hammer smashing faces without regard whether she SHOULD smash those faces, or if it would be better to use a dagger to stab them. Its the difference between someone who destroys planets....and someone who can destroy planets, but doesn't need to in order to defeat their opponent.

Sure I could just fire shapeless ki blasts with pure force, but that would kill many innocents along with my opponent. There is a reason why I favor the Trace Laser and the Destructo-Disc. Their default mode is to kill only a single person, to refine all that destruction into singular piercing power far greater than a spread out blast, to minimize the casualties, to focus on the foe that really matters, and often there is only one that matters at all. For armies I have my knife storm, my cowboy cosplay, my dresden one in a pinch. The point is a martial artist is not a slave to emotions, or reliant on their muscles and pure force, or their weapons. They are greater. They don't just use tactics,
    they develop strategies, they don't just learn techniques they figure out what use those techniques have, how those have synergy with other techniques, how they all add up to a great fighter that can win. A great martial artist,
    is greater than their parts. My techniques are only one part of me, My Determination is only one part of me,
    my power is only one part of me, and so on.

My parts are not the fullness of what I am- everything must be used to defeat the foe, working in tandem to a greater goal. Anything less and I cannot say I'm fighting to my full potential. My mind, my body, my soul....all of these must be one to win. All of it is connected and relying on any one part too much only invites weakness. To do this, to make sure you can be a well-connected machine greater than the sum of its parts all working in harmony- that is what it means to be a martial artist, that is what refinement is. Why settle for being a rock, when you can be a sword?"
    Vodkana gasped, and her eyes shined with an admire.
    "Oh my nya! 23-Senpai, you never cease amaze me with your wisdomya!" with her excitment, he wagging tail made another building to collapse.
    Vodkana then groaned. "It's much harder than I have thought." she whined.
    She has concterated the destructive energy in the form of a ki paw glove. "Does THAT count as refinment? Nya? Of course I would never use it against you, again." she hurried to promise.
    She whipped her tail with a michiviouse way.
    "Unless I am lieing! Nya!" Vodkana charged forward, with another destruction ball, as if to attempt to throw it from a close range- but instead, she is letting the energy fade, and with a quick spin, trying to whip 23, with her blade spiked tail.

Apfel saw the possibilities narrow to a single possibility. He smiled at what he saw.

I have seen your future, and there are too many possibilities for me to tell you what will happen. But on many of these paths, you will find true happiness. But it is up to you to find it. He releases the webs completely.

I believe you will. Go from here. Live. Be who you wanted to be, not what the Web Master wanted.
    Snap blinked.
    Strange.
    Freedom of choice?
    What...?
    Snap just stood there frozen. He wanted to whine, to demand of Apfel to command him what to do.

But knowing Apfel, (and Snap did knew him well- maybe even more than anyone else on the universe), he would just smile his annoying Saint-smile.
    But honestly... Snap was scared.
    "How ironic, that the one who can see all the possible futures, the one who can't possibly be surprised, believe at freedom of choice." Snap smirked.
    "I guess, I'll go and explore the galaxy, maybe I'll search for rare martial arts. Who know, maybe our pathes would meet again"
    he raised his hand preparing for an instanr transmission. "But first, let me clean some of the mess." Snap hurried, and touched each Gravity mine, then instabt tranmissioining it, to space.
    When be he were done, he just waved before finally instant transmissioning away.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #65

Though Apfel did have access to knowledge of possible futures, it was not omniscience, any more than the librarian in a library of infinite knowledge having infinite knowledge themselves. It was there, it simply required his attention to get it. But choice still exists. The fact that future events are non-linear is proof of a non-deterministic universe.

Fare well, Snap. Apfel said as he teleported out. After a moment, the Incirrian allowed his Awakened form to fall, and he himself collapsed to his knees almost immediately. He could sustain the form almost indefinitely, as it was a psychic transformation rather than a physical one, but the feeling of all that power leaving him all at once left him feeling even more drained than before. Even so, he was alive. Everyone was alive. The only problem he hypothesized was that of Jalo spreading rumors that Apfel had achieved a previously unknown transformation of massive power. Hopefully, the word of one assassin isn't enough to cause him problems.

No, it would be a benefit. Rumors spreading that an Incirrian, of all races, was strong enough to stand up to Hailing would give credence and legitimacy to his future claim to the Throne. Those that would support Apfel require great courage, to risk their planet being destroyed, but if Apfel could successfully defend them from such attack, even in their minds, it will be just the push they need to support him. Their support being absolutely essential to keep the new regime stable and legitimate. Orderly. No, this could work out beautifully.

And that power Jalo sensed was an Awakened Apfel who was seriously injured. Imagine how strong he would be at full strength! He had to smile at the thought. As far as he knew, Hailing's maximum was 6 million, but he always doubted that. No, he had to press forward. Become even stronger, and master this new form. Many of its weaknesses were already apparent.

For one thing, it made his weakness to being outnumbered and overwhelmed even worse. Keeping track of multiple attacks and attackers is difficult enough, seeing all the possible futures represented in these attacks and attackers was something he would really need to practice to avoid being effectively blinded by overwhelming firepower. It was hard enough to see the world from 5-dimensional space, all those possibilities, it's difficult to focus on the present, the now, where his body resided. He would need to train that, as well.

For the time being, however, his body was still in pain. He wasn't truly drained of energy, luckily, and was able to limply fly to his office, where he stored two senzu beans he took with him to Cirra just in case. However there was only one left, the other was eaten when he accidentally tore his back a few months ago from training too hard.

The bean's effects were immediate, and he still couldn't wrap his massive head around how they worked so miraculously. There were now only two remaining problems to deal with: One, the Palace staff were still unconscious. They should wake up sooner rather than later, but he'll cross that bridge when he gets there. Secondly, his clothes were in tatters, how horrid! Doesn't Snap know how expensive the dress coat is? Nah, he doesn't care. At the bare minimum, Apfel always has spares. Lots of them, in fact. Though for the time being, he needed a bath. Though healed, he was still covered in his own blood. Unsanitary.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[Shenron; August 1st]

It was a relatively calm day as the RA gathered for breakfast. Starlight was just serving herself some klah, when suddenly there was a disturbance in the meeting room. There was a buildup of energy in the middle of the rooms as the alarms went off, causing a windy swirl of energy that was almost like a black hole. A bright and shining light filled the room....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

DIP
    23 attempts to dodge the ball, but gets hit by the spiked tail.
    "Ok, nice feint. But thats not what I meant. Refinement is not one trick, and can't be done in a day. No fighter can refine themselves that fast. Its a process. You just have to constantly try to be better, more focused, more disciplined. Its like any other skill. It just takes time."
    She thrusts and slashes back with her Thorn Blades.

Shenron, 1st of August
    "What the?"
    "What is THAT!?"
    22 and Masala exclaim in surprise.
    "Everyone remain calm! A huge build up of energy either means a powerful attack, in which case we're probably screwed or this is a time rift either way the plan is evac-"
    Then she is probably cut off by the light filling up everything.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Snap Epiluge?
    Show

[Yadrat][Graveyard Of The Masters]

'Hmm... another nice morning to change flowers, for the graves..." hummed a female elder Yadrat as she entered the grave yard.
    But she frozen in place, as she sensed the ki of the traitor.

She threw away the flower, and tranmissioned herself, next to Snap who mediated floating above the graves of his Senseis
    "How dare you to be here?!" she yelled and kicked his face.
    He didn't moved.
    "Sabava-san" Snap said quitly.
    "Don't you dare to use my name! My husband treated you like a son!"

"I know. And.. it scared me. I am sorry. I willing to accept any punishment.'

Sabava blinked. "What is your trick, traitor?"
    "No tricks. I could have killed all this planet, if I wanted, and you know it,' Snap said calmly.

Sabava frowned. "Are you here to taunt us?"

"Not at all. I love this planet.. your people. Even if you will sentence me to death, I'll accept it and kill myself.'

Sabava blinked. "Don't be silly. My husband told me to wait for you, you will live with me, and help me with my chores.'

Now it was Snap's turn to blink.
    "Ahahaha! I guess, he' has always believed in you.'
    Snap started to cry.

Your ki.. is.. feeling.. so diffrent. Back then when you gotten here.. I have warned my husband that your ki is dark and cruel- but... now.. it's.. calm. What has changed you?"

Snap smiled and looked at the sky, specificly at planet Cirra.
    "A friend."

DIP

Vodkana danced her way.
    "I see. Nya.. I guess, it's a good opportunity to try out, my only sort of super form.." she said.
    "I haven't told you about it.. well... it's not a very fun form, and also.. I gotten it.. after I have lost Spoon...'
    she tried to fly above 23, and land a kick from above.
    "Would you be ok with that?"

Shenron, 1st of August

Vodkana ate with everyone but was distracted, message texting with Hailing. she still wore her "pyjama"- a short tights and a red t shirt which written on
    "My Boyfriend is a Galactic Emperor and all he got me, was this stupid shirt"

Vodkana thought it was hilarious, and she just sent a selfie to Hailing with it.

Vodkana actually beside dating with Hailing also, actually made a work as the Minister Of Cooking, with variouse projects, trained and prepared her assassination scheme.
    But she seemed to more and more enjoy her relationship with Hailing.
    One way or another-

"Nya?" she raised her eyes from the Paw phone, just to be covered with the light.

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #69

Shenron

Apfel was more of a part-time member of the Rebel Alliance, as his time was spent both governing Segmentum Cirra, and training. Despite his clear disfavor in the Court of the Eye, he couldn't immediately be dismissed from his political position without criminal charges which, despite multiple attempts, failed as quickly as they were drummed up due to lack of evidence. As such, he was on Cirra, and had no way of knowing what was going on. Of course, there are bureaucratic means to demote or dismiss him, but the bureaucratic wheels of an intergalactic empire turn slowly.

Artic, meanwhile, was present. He had heard that Vodkana was dating Hailing, but instantly dismissed it as some immature attempt at trolling. Vodkana may be peculiar, but dating the single most evil and psychotic monster in the universe? Even if it is something Vodkana may attempt, there's no possibility of her coming out of it with all her limbs intact. If by some unholy miracle she did manage to pull it off, then surely she wouldn't be so audacious as to flaunt it in front of him, whose vendetta against the Emperor was very personal.

When the light began to glow more intensely, and Artic covered his eyes as well.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Deserted Planet (Formerly Bushido 42)

While the planet had once been home to sentient life, colonists from a distant star seeking more land for their population, the colonists had underestimated a number of factors. One of those was how long it would take them to get resupplied by their home world on essentials like electronics and entertainment. Because while they had been on their way to the planet, their home world had erupted into a hyper partisan war. Tensions only rose as the backlog of transmissions was gone through, eventually resulting in the colonists themselves taking sides in that same war and doing their best to kill each other. At first they were using the weapons they had brought to hunt game to hunt each other, but as those were lost, broken, or stolen and hidden, they resorted to more primitive means of killing each other. Traditional swords that their culture had abandoned for warfare centuries ago rose to prominence near the end of their war for annihilation, and eventually only one of the colonists was left. Drenched in the blood of his own people, his colony an utter failure, and unwilling to go on in a world where he would be utterly alone, he used his sword to commit suicide. What does this have to do with what's about to take place here? Well, it's the reason that large stretches of this planet are blasted desert wasteland instead of thriving forested regions. There are animals not native to the planet that were brought along and let loose by the colonists. And there are the remains of the colonization effort, prefabricated buildings of advanced materials that refuse to decompose, some of them in the blasted wastes, while others are being overgrown by the planet's vegetation as it tries to recover from the rambunctious visitors.

It was on this planet that Max had managed to sense Yankar. He had heard about the warrior through the grapevine. Apparently he had also been at the World Martial Arts Tournament, but at the time Max had failed to recognize him. Using the Instant Transmission, Max arrived in the air a fair distance above Yankar. Not so close as to spook him (whatever he was doing) but easily close enough to be sensed after his sudden appearance. Since they were away from the prying eyes of Hailing's men, and Max was trying to leave a good impression, he was dressed in his black and gold gi, with King Kai's symbol on the front, and a different symbol on the back.

For his part, Max did not immediately call down to Yankar, instead getting a look at what the guy was up to on some random deserted planet in the middle of nowhere. After all, if he seemed busy with a delicate task, suddenly showing up and making loud noises would be incredibly rude.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Yankar
    He karate chops a tail off of a dinosaur who runs off in fear and sticks a stick through it. He was about to put it on a fire with rocks around it when he spots Max. He turns with serious, burning determination in his eyes.
    "Greetings. Have you come to challenge me? You suppress your ki well. And it would be good to have a sparring partner of some sort."
    You can hear the arrogance in his tone. This was one who had something to prove, something he was constantly fighting relentlessly towards, and didn't believe anything but his own skill and strength to get it. If he hadn't been restrained he probably would've challenged Hailing himself without fear. But of course he wanted to live past such an opponent. For something else.

DIP
    "Wait you just have it? Uh....ok. Go ahead. do it, I don't care, I'm just screwing around until this fight is over."
    She shrugs in response.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

[D.I.P]

Optional Soundtrack

Vodkana starting to.. cry.
    Her aura around her changing for burning passionate purple to.. grey.

"Father! Mother! Spoon! Nya!" Vodkana sobbed as the grey energy wrapped around her.
    "NYAAAAA!" Vodkana has shrieked in agony.

Her ring stripes on her tail turned black, she seemed.. thiner and with a paler pallet.
    The streams of her tears turned into a black lines from her eyes to her neck.
    Her eyes turned into negative colors- the pupils yellow, and the rest of the eye black.

"Stormart Nyagato Of Grief.' Vodkana said quietly.

And this planet was surely filled with grief. Her Pl gotten higher by 20% at max.
    But something about her ki felt painful.

She rose a bowl of boiled eggs in her arms.

Ghosts, rally under my banner of grief! Nya!"
    thousands of silver transparent ghosts of the local dead specie, has gathered around her mourning meal.

As godly being, if 23 wanted to nitpicking- there weren't exactly the soul-kind of ghosts- more like "shadows" of painful memories, and.. grief. Emotions which were left behind.

"Share our friend with our pain. Nya.' she pointed at 23- the mass of ghosts, turning into a massive silver transparent ball.

Pain Ball,' the ball shooted itself, as if it had it's own mind at 23.
    It was.. a ghost ki blast- and sending a normal ki blast would probably went through it, and at will- the Pain Ball would explode- hopefully on the target

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #73

RedWizardGuy

Yankar
    He karate chops a tail off of a dinosaur who runs off in fear and sticks a stick through it. He was about to put it on a fire with rocks around it when he spots Max. He turns with serious, burning determination in his eyes.
    "Greetings. Have you come to challenge me? You suppress your ki well. And it would be good to have a sparring partner of some sort."
    You can hear the arrogance in his tone. This was one who had something to prove, something he was constantly fighting relentlessly towards, and didn't believe anything but his own skill and strength to get it. If he hadn't been restrained he probably would've challenged Hailing himself without fear. But of course he wanted to live past such an opponent. For something else.
    Max floated his way down to land, waving to Yankar as he did and easing off suppressing his ki gradually. "Well, something like that. I've been keeping suppressed on Earth for a while now, and while that and my other project there are all well and good for getting better at mental focus and ki control, it's been too wearying to keep everything wrapped up all the time. How have you been, by the way? I'm Max Banders. I think we would have met at the tournament if not for the special guest."

As he spoke Max took to stretching and working his limbs about, wriggling his fingers and curling his hands up as he explores his range of motion and relaxes his power level up to it's current resting maximum of just around a hundred thousand. "For reference, I'm also a human. I figured if there was anyone that I could match in some semblance of fairness with, it would be another person who can't go blond in the middle of a fight. And even if we're too far apart for me to really push you in power level..." Max moved fluidly through a few distinct poses, Turtle, Crane, Drunken, Tai Chi, "I've been making it a habit to learn a lot of styles...I can at least provide variety."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Shenron, 1st of August

Starlight's eyes widened, the sleep suddenly gone from her eyes as she realized what this spell was. She threw up a hoof to block out the explosion of light just in time, ducking down the avoid the small shockwave of air as the vortex suddenly exploded, revealing ... herself?

Starlight's jaw dropped as she took in the pony before her. This new Starlight looked like she's been through the deepest pits of Hell and back. Her mane and tail were short, the ends scorched and blackened. She had numerous fresh scars and bandages all over her body, some of them slipped to reveal second- and third-degree burns. Facing away from Starlight, future!Starlight looked around in a frantic hurry, her eyes settling on 23.

"23! Where am I?!" she asked. "Past-me, I mean?!"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Talsaiga, 1st August
    23 blinks and wordlessly points at the past Starlight over there. Not sure what to say. Normally she would have a witty quip, but this looked like that spell again. But why? It could only be used once and for some reason she doubted this was the work of a bunch of weird coincidences. Nevertheless it was a little surreal seeing two Starlights like this even for her. What really concerned her is the time loop nature of the spell. Was that just a fluke of the circumstances, was it affected by the multiverse theory? She didn't know. Freaking time travel. How does it work? Who even knows?

- - - Updated - - -

DIP
    ".....Um.....thats not really......oh um....nope nope nope nope..."
    She flies away while switching to Perseverance purple heart, when it hits she draws upon all her perseverance along with her purple armor to endure the pain, gritting her teeth through it, her iron will and determined spirit allowing her to endure anything.

Yankar Vs. Max
    "Liar. There are no Super Saiyans in this timeline. If they were, they would've already defeated Hailing. they would not be able to resist the challenge of such a fight. Nevertheless, if you truly mean to face me at full strength... I won't underestimate you, for I have learned even the seemingly greatest can fall to those under him. There are always crouching tigers and hidden dragons."
    He takes off his shoes. Then he takes off his training bands around his arms, one falls to ground and causes an earthquake, the ground cracking as it impacts and everything around them vibrating and rumbling. The second falls to the ground and does the same. Then he takes off his train undershirt and drops it, letting it send out even greater quakes, the cracks extending even more. He stretches a bit loosening up his muscles. Its been so long since he took the training weights off.
    "These are Super-Weights, they're adjustable. Currently they only weigh enough to divide my power by ten. But soon I'll adjust the settings to divide it by 50- the maximum level it goes up to, thus emulating the power leap of a Super Saiyan. With them and training I'll be able to keep up with them, in my goal to defeat the super Saiyans.
    To show that I do not need a Super form! For am I am YANKAR, DESCENDANT OF YAMCHA! Too long has my ancestor and the human race has looked down upon by our own brothers in arms for not having the power of a super saiyan. Too long have the Super Saiyans dismissed that not having their power! I'll prove them all wrong! I respect you, Max.
    You know the truth of strength! ITS WITHIN YOU!"

He powers up, showing his true power- a PL of 400,000. A colorless aura of pure power surrounded him, the entire planet shakes as he he yells to the sky, the world feeling his determination rage, his will to keep fighting to keep improving endlessly, his obsessive quest that he fight forever through if need be. this was no super form, this was simply his full base power.
    "Now then- let us fight!"
    He leaps forward, sending shockwaves out even with this simple action, fist extended towards Max.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-07-01 at 10:01 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Shenron, August 1st

Starlight, uh, Future Starlight, calm down. Artic said, getting his composure very quickly. Indeed the concept of time travel wasn't too foreign to him, even knowing a bit about the time travel machine in the custody of the Empire. As terrifying as it sounded, it could only send small objects a few seconds forward/backward in time. While there theoretically was no limit to the size or temporal distance an object could travel, the power requirements were absolutely outrageous, requiring the output of an entire galaxy's worth of stars for months just to make one one-second jump.

Well that, and the existence of the Time Patrol assured him that time travel would not only be a possibility at some point in the future, but fairly common.

It's August 1st. You're on the Shenron. Just take a five-minute break, and then start from the top. If you're here to warn us about the future,
    make sure you're coherent, first. If you're some kind of spy, here to trick us, well, just tell us right now, and walk away, we'll pretend it never happened.

17. - Top - End - #77

RedWizardGuy

Yankar Vs. Max
    "Liar. There are no Super Saiyans in this timeline. If they were, they would've already defeated Hailing. they would not be able to resist the challenge of such a fight. Nevertheless, if you truly mean to face me at full strength... I won't underestimate you, for I have learned even the seemingly greatest can fall to those under him. There are always crouching tigers and hidden dragons."
    He takes off his shoes. Then he takes off his training bands around his arms, one falls to ground and causes an earthquake, the ground cracking as it impacts and everything around them vibrating and rumbling. The second falls to the ground and does the same. Then he takes off his train undershirt and drops it, letting it send out even greater quakes, the cracks extending even more. He stretches a bit loosening up his muscles. Its been so long since he took the training weights off.
    "These are Super-Weights, they're adjustable. Currently they only weigh enough to divide my power by ten. But soon I'll adjust the settings to divide it by 50- the maximum level it goes up to, thus emulating the power leap of a Super Saiyan. With them and training I'll be able to keep up with them, in my goal to defeat the super Saiyans.
    To show that I do not need a Super form! For am I am YANKAR, DESCENDANT OF YAMCHA! Too long has my ancestor and the human race has looked down upon by our own brothers in arms for not having the power of a super saiyan. Too long have the Super Saiyans dismissed that not having their power! I'll prove them all wrong! I respect you, Max.
    You know the truth of strength! ITS WITHIN YOU!"

He powers up, showing his true power- a PL of 400,000. A colorless aura of pure power surrounded him, the entire planet shakes as he he yells to the sky, the world feeling his determination rage, his will to keep fighting to keep improving endlessly, his obsessive quest that he fight forever through if need be. this was no super form, this was simply his full base power.
    "Now then- let us fight!"
    He leaps forward, sending shockwaves out even with this simple action, fist extended towards Max.
    Max kept his eyes open as Yankar spoke, carefully reading the martial artist and waiting until he seemed fully powered and ready. In the last moment before Max brings a hand up to cushion the impact of Yankar's incoming fist, a red aura flares up around him. Max mumbled the name, "Kaioken, times four." as he slid back across the ground from the impact. As he came to a stop, Max fell into a defensive stance and spoke, at the ready to continue fighting and talking, at least for the time being, "None yet? Well, that's a mixed blessing...but times fifty? Are you sure? The ones I fought in my home time only seemed to go up by about double, four for the ones with lightning...six for the long haired edition. Then again, I could only push this kaioken up to two without modifying it back then, so I'm getting the feeling physics might be different at a subtle but fundamental level around here." Max had readied himself to take Yankar's next assault head on, that is to say, receiving the blows with fluid motions and staying on the defensive while he got an idea of what Yankar could do. For the moment, it looked like Max had managed to make up the difference in their power level, how Yankar might react from that is a mystery.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

DIP

Vodkana poured some sour sauce to the eggs, and ate them with emotional stress.
    She pointed a finger into the dark sky. "Kamikaze Rainya...."
    a small silver ghostly ball were sent into the sky.
    For a moment it was engulfed with the eternal darkness of this cursed planet...
    but then with otherworldy silvery explosion it started to rain.
    If anything, it might remind 23 the Kamikaze attack of Gotenks. Just... more. Much more.
    Each Kamikaze spirit, looking like sad chibi Vodkana, with variouse expriessions of grief- from waterfalls of tears, to rage (><) and variouse of emoji expressions.
    Hundreds of them. And their whines created a terrible whiny cachophny.

First Grief Stromart Nyagato and Rage Stormart Nyagato Legend
    Spoiler
    Show

There once were a noble spirited chef, named Plateu. Plateu fed his kingdom with love and quality and even protected it from foes and bandits.
    Plateu was so kind hearted, that he couldn't use his power for violence. Criminals and foes was offered his great food in exchange of a promise to fix their eror ways.

Forkhan was a proud loner chef. Forkhan looked for a challenge. He didn't cared for feeding those who couldn't cook well he did. Forkhan looked for chefs to dual and best them.
    No one could stop and defeat Forkhan until he has gotten to Plateu's kingdom. He was surprised to hear, that bandits and rival kingdoms avoided conquring this rich kingdom, only for the promise of Plateu's food.
    Forkhan has challenged him once, and lost.
    Forkhan challenged him second time using the whole kingdom as judges and lost.
    Forkhan has challenged him third time, using the whole reigon as judges... and lost.
    Forkhan's pride was broken. He was enraged- how come, such peacful Nyagato, who didn't even cared winning, won him?
    How come Plateu's food tasted so much better? Forkhan's techniques were flawless!
    And Plateu didn't even measured anything- he just cooked food as "he feel right".
    Forkhan's rage has inspired him so much, that he has awakened a new chef form- the Rage Stormart. He has challenged Plateu again.
    His food was better now- but it was empowered carelessly, and killed all the judges- the whole kingdom. Forkhan's food was too good and tempting, and they kept eating even when they have seen each other dieing. Only force would have stop them- but Plateu couldn't bring himself to use force, and helplessly watched his family, clan friends and his whole kingdom die.
    The grief and the mourn were unbareable.. but inspiring.
    Forkhan left, laughing victoriouse, leaving Plateu alone to his grief.
    Plateu wanted to party with the people he loved again. He has prepared banquet as if they were still alive, with a new brewed seasoning. Plateu has awakend the Grief Stormart form. His people actually came- as ghosts. After eating, filled with hatred toward Forkhan they have haunted and destroyed themselves in order to kill him.
    Plateu were left alone for his grief

[Shenron 1 August]

Vodkana posted on her Mewer acount a post:"Lolnya. The moment you first time witness time trrrravel!" She took a photo of Starlight's face.

She smiled warmly. "Shhhh... calm down. Here..." Vodkan served both Starlights mugs with leaf tea.
    "Sooooo.. what is the doom on ourrr menu today? Nya?"

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Future Starlight shook her head. "No time," she said. "This isn't actually time travel, it's a temporal projection spell. I need to warn you about--"

"Wait," Starlight said suspiciously. "This doesn't make sense. I know how dangerous time travel spells are, especially here in Universe 13. The fabric of time is too weak to risk it. Why would I--"

Future Starlight retrieved a scroll that was tucked under one of her wings. "This explains everything. The spell, why it's safe, and what you need to do." Her expression grew serious and somber. "If you don't act now, Equestria will be destroyed in less than a year's time, and the effects on the rest of the known universe could be catastrophic."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

"Nonesense! Celestia-san-nya is too strong and prrrrety to let that happen!

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #81

So start from the top. Uh, not-Future Starlight, hold your questions for the QnA after. Artic said, gathering what future Starlight, if it was her, was asking. Ask too many questions, she won't be able to get her warning out.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

So start from the top. Uh, not-Future Starlight, hold your questions for the QnA after. Artic said, gathering what future Starlight, if it was her, was asking. Ask too many questions, she won't be able to get her warning out.
    Future Starlight shook her head. "No time for Q&A," she said. "I'm not actually here, I could be pulled back any second! So I wrote everything down in this." She displayed the scroll she held under her wing. "If I'm lucky, this is enough to save everypony. No, everyone."

"Nonesense! Celestia-san-nya is too strong and prrrrety to let that happen!
    Future Starlight shook her head gravely. "It wasn't enough. Desert Storm ... he ... it was the white namekians. They gave him anti-ki. Celestia did not stand a chance. She...." She closed her eyes as the light began to envelop her again, and it was hard to tell if she stopped talking because she got distracted, or if it was just too painful to say.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-07-02 at 10:24 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Shenron, August 1st.
    23 suspected it would be this short. This question needed to be strategic as she quickly tries to snatch or open the scroll to look at it.
    "How much time do we have?"
    If she had she knew how far in the future it was, it would tell them how much time they had to get to Equestria and save Celestia, which was what mattered the most.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana frowned. "How can we stop it?! Nya?!"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #85

Shenron, August 1st

Anti-Ki. Artic echoed in thought. He was aware such stuff existed, but utilizing it has been...well, difficult. Well beyond the level of technology in the universe. Still, chances are, his machines should still be effective. They were mechanical, not ki-based. How will we know he has struck?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Max kept his eyes open as Yankar spoke, carefully reading the martial artist and waiting until he seemed fully powered and ready. In the last moment before Max brings a hand up to cushion the impact of Yankar's incoming fist, a red aura flares up around him. Max mumbled the name, "Kaioken, times four." as he slid back across the ground from the impact. As he came to a stop, Max fell into a defensive stance and spoke, at the ready to continue fighting and talking, at least for the time being, "None yet? Well, that's a mixed blessing...but times fifty? Are you sure? The ones I fought in my home time only seemed to go up by about double, four for the ones with lightning...six for the long haired edition. Then again, I could only push this kaioken up to two without modifying it back then, so I'm getting the feeling physics might be different at a subtle but fundamental level around here." Max had readied himself to take Yankar's next assault head on, that is to say, receiving the blows with fluid motions and staying on the defensive while he got an idea of what Yankar could do. For the moment, it looked like Max had managed to make up the difference in their power level, how Yankar might react from that is a mystery.
    Max Vs. Yankar
    "......What bargain-rate Super Saiyans were you fighting? Half-Saiyans are shown in studies to be MORE powerful than their pure Saiyan counterparts due to their better emotional control! Scientists are practically aghast at how fast Saiyans adapt and evolve across generations even through humanity, and its not as if bloodlines thin or anything, thats not how genetics work. Due to alleles, everyone with saiyan heritage has a chance to pass on the traits! and Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are impractical anyways due to the amount of energy they expend. "
    Yankar just keeps pushing the offense, his punches getting more and more furious.
    "Half the reason I don't search for my own super form is partly because making your base form more powerful is simply better for your stamina in the long run. Did those Super Saiyans sacrifice power to focus on endurance and stamina? If so they did it really badly. There are Saiyans that can make Super Saiyan a second base form without losing any power, so all the guys you were fighting must've been incompetent! I feel sorry for you. As for Kaioken well....go ahead push it up how far you like....as long you feel like your entire body getting injured afterwards. "
    Then he launches a specific attack combination:
    "Wolf Fang Fist!"
    The image of a wolf appears around him as he launches a series of lunging attacks upon Max trying to pounce his defenses.

DIP
    23 breaks free of the previous attack, her tenacity and willpower seeing her through. She responds to the ghosts by firing her storm of blue knives back to puncture them and make them explode early before they meet her filling the sky with pretty explosions blossoming like pretty death flowers. She speeds forward, launching another Street brawler Style attack:
    "Chair Leg Rumble!"
    First she tries to punch Vodkana in the stomach to knock the wind out of here then suddenly two blue ki chair legs appear in her hands and she begins swinging away at Vodkana with them like she is dual-wielding bats or clubs.

27. - Top - End - #87

RedWizardGuy

Max Vs. Yankar
    "......What bargain-rate Super Saiyans were you fighting? Half-Saiyans are shown in studies to be MORE powerful than their pure Saiyan counterparts due to their better emotional control! Scientists are practically aghast at how fast Saiyans adapt and evolve across generations even through humanity, and its not as if bloodlines thin or anything, thats not how genetics work. Due to alleles, everyone with saiyan heritage has a chance to pass on the traits! and Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are impractical anyways due to the amount of energy they expend. "
    Yankar just keeps pushing the offense, his punches getting more and more furious.
    "Half the reason I don't search for my own super form is partly because making your base form more powerful is simply better for your stamina in the long run. Did those Super Saiyans sacrifice power to focus on endurance and stamina? If so they did it really badly. There are Saiyans that can make Super Saiyan a second base form without losing any power, so all the guys you were fighting must've been incompetent! I feel sorry for you. As for Kaioken well....go ahead push it up how far you like....as long you feel like your entire body getting injured afterwards. "
    Then he launches a specific attack combination:
    "Wolf Fang Fist!"
    The image of a wolf appears around him as he launches a series of lunging attacks upon Max trying to pounce his defenses.

Max vs Yankar

"Hurt my body? Why would the kaioken injure me at this low an intensity? I've- wait, wolf fang what?" Max had been keeping pace, countering intensity with motions like flowing water, dispersing the incoming force of Yankar's hard style attacks with the soft style defense of Tai Chi. But the howl of the wolf fang fist combined with the conversation they were having threw him off. The first blow caught him straight on, and while he managed to get a guard up to lessen the impact of the subsequent strikes, Max was blown across the area by the final hit. Bouncing across the ground like a rock thrown across a lake, Max eventually managed to flip, land, and slide to a stop. He then proceeded to shake his arms out while making sounds along the lines of ,"shshshshsh, ah, ah, aaaahooow. Yeagh, I was Not expecting that one." He then cleared his throat, and fell back into a ready stance, the red aura rising back up around him, "With how much I've trained with this technique, I think the last time it injured me any was when I pushed it up to times ten. But that was back home."

Max started forward, then came to a stop and held his hand up to signal a pause as he let the red aura drop, "Actually...I should check something real quick before we continue." Assuming Yankar didn't immediately press the attack, and gave him the time, Max took a few deep breaths and slowly let them out as he focused his senses on himself. Within his mind he used his ki senses to build a picture of his cells, then dug deeper, to molecules, before moving further, to the atomic level, before finally extending his senses as far as he could go, inwards. As he kept standing there, his ki started to flow visibly around him as a calm and flowing current of white. It rose up and engulfed him while he stood there focusing, before receding inwards as Max tried to put his version of the kaioken to work. But, instead of filling subatomic extra dimensions with energy to create a self sustaining feedback loop, his energy failed to reach the critical mass necessary. Well, more that, the critical mass necessary for that kind of shenanigan was different in the healthy universe 13, where it had been easier to achieve in his own sickly home timeline. To Yankar though, it looked like Max was meditating to focus his energy with a fair amount of serenity and success for a few moments, before his power level suddenly spiked downwards by twenty thousand and he fell to his knees coughing, then panting to catch his breath, "Ho...hoooo. I think this universe hates me, especially if you're right about saiyans going up by 50 around here."

After taking a few moments to catch his breath, and probably get chastized by Yankar, Max would get back to his feet and settle into a defensive stance once more, aiming to resume the spar, and make up for the power gap with a x5 kaioken...because at least that technique still worked.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-07-03 at 03:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Shenron, August 1st.
    23 suspected it would be this short. This question needed to be strategic as she quickly tries to snatch or open the scroll to look at it.
    "How much time do we have?"
    If she had she knew how far in the future it was, it would tell them how much time they had to get to Equestria and save Celestia, which was what mattered the most.
    "Seven Earth days." 23 encountered some resistance taking the scroll, almost as if there were some sort of temporal membrane around Future Starlight. However, she was able to, and once she unrolled it, she saw it was written in a language she wouldn't recognize, though it did bear some similarities to the indecipherable runes from some of the books in MLP. However, there were a couple of sketches -- the one that stood out the most was a sketch of the Tree of Harmony, annotated with more indecipherable runes.

Vodkana frowned. "How can we stop it?! Nya?!"
    "Read the scroll. Protect the Princess. If Desert Storm catches her, it will be all over."

Shenron, August 1st

Anti-Ki. Artic echoed in thought. He was aware such stuff existed, but utilizing it has been...well, difficult. Well beyond the level of technology in the universe. Still, chances are, his machines should still be effective. They were mechanical, not ki-based. How will we know he has struck?
    "By the time you know, it will be too late. You must---" However, she was cut off as the spell exploded in a flash of blinding light. Present Starlight looked as if she was struggling internally with something, but all of a sudden she snatched up a senzu bean and threw it at Future Twilight just as the spell vanished.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Max Vs. Yankar
    "Hm. Odd. Did the Majins in your timeline do something weird? Why didn't you test this BEFORE trying to fight me?"
    He resumes attacking him this time feinting with a couple punches before he starts throwing curving kicks that flow into one another as he pushes forward to test his defenses

Shenron 1st August
    23 hands the scrolls to Present Starlight.
    "Yeah, it seems only you can read it by my guessing. So yeah, judging from what future you said?
    We gotta get to Equestria. Fast. The sooner we're there, the sooner we can start preparing and investigating. The sooner we act, the sooner we can prevent this."

30. - Top - End - #90

RedWizardGuy

Max vs Yankar

Max fell into the defensive once more, following the feints and ducking under the subsequent kicks as the spar started up once more, "I don't think the Majins had anything to do with altering the laws of physics in my timeline. My intuition is that there might have been some kind of temporal event that resulted in the destruction of that timeline, with ripples moving outwards in temporal directions instead of physical ones. At least that kind of makes sense."

As he got back into the groove of the fight, Max brought his kaioken back up, pushing it to x5 to meet Yankar at an even level once more. He switched to crane style as he was dodging one of Yankar's sweeping kicks, and while balanced back on one leg started kicking out a few counter attacks to get the spar going properly, "And I didn't have much of a chance to cut loose until now, there's a lot of attention to power levels on Earth at the moment."