New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitp] How much pages does it take to gain a super form?

I don't know, this could be a trick. Artic thought, looking away. Pulling us away. Creating a diversion for a week that leaves something, or possibly just us, vulnerable, and isolated from any outside communications, lest our signal be tracked to Equestria. He thought for a moment.

At the very least, tell Apfel what is happening so he knows to watch our backs, so to speak.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Talsaiga
    "Counterpoint: away from what? Talsaiga? If its those Trombone cultists, then their goal is destroy all of reality because they hate the gods, the only thing on here that could even potentially help them do that is Lokote and he is imprisoned now. But they don't know that, Lokote twists wishes and he doesn't seem the sort to destroy reality, what would there be left to entertain him, so what would they gain from trying to get him? Draw us away from Earth? Maybe, they did attack there, but Emperor Moocow is now over there. They try and attack there and well....for once I'll be rooting for Hailing. He at least doesn't want to destroy all of existence, and there is a chance he will spare the Earth because of resource reasons. That and Princess Celestia counts as a goddess. There is no reason for them not to, since any target is the same: another world ruled by the gods, another place to be destroyed.

Though we should let Apfel know yes, its just good sense."

Max. Vs Yankar.
    "I see."
    As the crane kicks come for him, Yankar takes the blows, rolling with the hits and using the opportunity to try and slide around his defenses and throw a few strikes with his fist from the side.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Max vs Yankar

As Yankar takes the blows like a champ, the decade of difference in their experience as fighters definitely starts to show. Max reacts by thinking crap as Yankar moves around to attack him from the side. He's subjected to a few unguarded hits, and collapses off to the side like a wet noodle, switching to drunken boxing as he flops onto the ground and starts rolling to avoid any follow up attacks. If Yankar gave pursuit, Max would end his escape attempt with a backflip to bring his foot up at Yankar as a counter attack, but if left to his own devices, he would roll up to his feet in a woozy stance. In either case, he thought to himself Man, I just had to pick a spar with someone who's actually more experienced at fighting than me. How did I make it this far without that happening before?

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Max Vs. Yankar
    He gets hit by the kick counterattack, not used to fighting drunken style.
    "Hm. You fight with your mind, not your heart. Tactics, not instinct."
    Max was certainly more versatile and defensive than Yankar. He would have to press his narrow advantages to the utmost. He was keeping himself defensive, so he would have to break through somehow and make him stop playing defensively. He suddenly flips back and aims with his two fingers.
    "Mankankosappo." he said, pronouncing it correctly.
    A yellow drilling beam blasted itself at Max a big beam wrapped around by a smaller beam, trying to break Max's guard.

5. - Top - End - #95

RedWizardGuy

Max Vs Yankar

"Action without thought has it's place." is all that Max gets out as he takes in a few breaths. As it becomes apparent that Yankar is about to fire a ki attack, Max drops from his woozy stance back into a crane stance, charging a yellow ball of energy at the end of his finger tips before calling out his counter attack, "Chou Dodompa!" And for a moment, it might even hold against the drilling energy beam coming his way...but while the Dodompa pierces, it doesn't drill. It explodes. But the moment that the beam holds against in the incoming attack is enough for Max to bend over backwards and land in a crabwalking position to avoid being skewered, while the explosion of his Super Dodon Ray would kick up some dust and dirt between them, and Max hoped, give him enough time to recover from his haphazard dodge. His only thought at the time being a curse word, it has been censored from this post.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Max. Vs Yankar.
    Yankar shields his eyes from the explosion. When it clears he looks at Max. Well it at least mixed things up a bit, but he still technically didn't break his guard. Yankar instead of attacking some more, falls into a weird stance to make it look like he got wounded when really he was setting up for a counter attack.

7. - Top - End - #97

RedWizardGuy

Max Vs Yankar

Well, he didn't get follow up attacked, so instead of getting wrecked, Max counted his blessings and straightened up. He took a few moments to catch his breath and wait for his abs to stop screaming at him while he observed Yankar. His senses didn't detect any drop in power level, but he seemed injured. To which Max responded in a likely unexpected manner, "Uh...hey, you okay? This is only a spar, if I somehow managed to actually hurt you, I can heal it. I mean, I can't fix dead...as far as I'm aware...but some mild flesh wounds are no problem." He had dropped his kaioken, had dropped his defenses, and was showing genuine concern.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Max Vs Yankar
    Yankar suddenly without warning flash steps forward to punch him into the face at incredible speeds, taking full advantage of his dropped guard.
    "You feel compassion for your enemy? Perhaps you fight with your heart more than I thought-
    but as one of those fighters. Those tiresome ones who only do it to protect others and not for the Art. They can be strong, they can be great fighters yes- but they do not understand. You were supposed to take advantage of my seeming opening, to go for the weak spot I gave you so that I may counterattack.

I detest such people- because they to proclaim others while hesitating and allowing themselves to be soft like you when it is needed most for what they claim to want to do- to protect others. You want to protect, yet you allow your enemy these openings. Though I'm guessing you thought that this was just a spar, you shouldn't fight fully? Hmph. This is why I fight as a martial artist first, and a protector second."

9. - Top - End - #99

RedWizardGuy

Max vs Yankar

Max's reflexes did not save him as the blow slammed into his face, sending him slamming into the ground and leaving a vaguely Max-shaped indent in the ground where he lay. With some blood streaming out of his nose, Max managed to get his bearings back in time to find Yankar lecturing him. So, intuiting the gist of the statement from what he heard, Max responded by reigniting his kaioken, pushing it to tenfold for a few moments as he lifted off the ground with his hands and swept his legs over to try and knock Yankar over, in an attempt to facilitate a grappling mount so that he could proceed with pummeling. After all, Yankar was going on and on about something about caring and not taking things seriously or something like that, so Max would go ahead and punish the monologue if he could.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Shenron 1st August
    23 hands the scrolls to Present Starlight.
    "Yeah, it seems only you can read it by my guessing. So yeah, judging from what future you said?
    We gotta get to Equestria. Fast. The sooner we're there, the sooner we can start preparing and investigating. The sooner we act, the sooner we can prevent this."
    Starlight quickly looked over the scroll. "It's written in an ancient Ponycian language," she replied. "I clearly didn't want anyone else reading this. Hmmm ... we'll have to consult The Doctor on this. Whatever drove me to do this, we need to make sure it won't damage the timeline."

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    I don't know, this could be a trick. Artic thought, looking away. Pulling us away. Creating a diversion for a week that leaves something, or possibly just us, vulnerable, and isolated from any outside communications, lest our signal be tracked to Equestria. He thought for a moment.

At the very least, tell Apfel what is happening so he knows to watch our backs, so to speak.
    Starlight shook her head. "Not possible," she replied. "There's no way anyone outside of the most dedicated Equestrian scholars would even know this language, much less be able to write it."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

DIP
    23 breaks free of the previous attack, her tenacity and willpower seeing her through. She responds to the ghosts by firing her storm of blue knives back to puncture them and make them explode early before they meet her filling the sky with pretty explosions blossoming like pretty death flowers. She speeds forward, launching another Street brawler Style attack:
    "Chair Leg Rumble!"
    First she tries to punch Vodkana in the stomach to knock the wind out of here then suddenly two blue ki chair legs appear in her hands and she begins swinging away at Vodkana with them like she is dual-wielding bats or clubs.
    Vodkana getting knocked on the belly, with apathic stare. But as an answer to the chair legs, she pulling the Fork Of Truth infused with her grief's energy to parry them.

"Spoon's trinket... nya.' she trying to push 23 back, and then tail whip at her.

- - - Updated - - -

Shenron 1st August

Vodkana looking confused.
    "Sooo.. aren't we going to Equestria to kill the bad guy?" nya?>
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

DIP
    23 dodges he tail whip and responds by throwing blue ki keys like ninja stars at Vodkana.

Max. Vs Yankar
    Yankar gets knocked over in his arrogance, but as he gets grappled he tries to make the attack flowing into a counter-throw by grabbing onto Max's arms while flipping in the air to try and send Max flying.

Shenron August 1st
    "Yes Starlight, aren't we? I mean, isn't the Doctor there anyways?"
    23 asks while crossing her arms.

13. - Top - End - #103

RedWizardGuy

Max Vs Yankar

Max may have got the drop on him for a few moments, but Yankar had the edge by far in technique. So while he tried to take advantage of his surprise attack, he only wound up getting thrown. With the kaioken burning his stamina like a racehorse rushing through his veins, Max's main thought was Shoulda used taiyoken.... That didn't stop him from mustering his ki into one last attack, a concentrated ball of yellow ki welling up from his fingertips and firing out at Yankar as Max fell to the ground and bounced a few times before coming to an exhausted stop. He had thrown one last Chou Dodompa at Yankar, before he had to drop the kaioken and accept that this was his loss.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

DIP

Vodkana parried the blue keys with the fork. And then threw away the fork- seemingly missing 23.

She grabbed from her magical mirror a lava cream- the hot version of ice cream, the favorite food of the deceased Spoon, and licked it with tears.

"Spoon's fork- come back and big!" The fork flew back, growing to 30 meters toward 23 back

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #105

Shenron - August 1st

Well, my next question is 'were you coerced' but we're heading into 'needling you with useless questions' territory. As Vodkana so eloquently suggested, we go to Equestria and kill the bad guy. He said he used anti-ki correct? Apfel asked, already wondering if anti-ki will at all be effective at stopping Artic in his power armor.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight looked around at the others, her expression turning stern and no-nonsense. "No!" she barked. "No killing in Equestria unless it is absolutely necessary! Capture, imprison, banish to Tartarus if necessary, but do not kill. At the first sign of unnecessary violence you will immediately be banished from Equestria, is that clear?!"

Starlight took a deep breath, focusing herself for a moment. "Sorry...." she said. "I just ... have a lot on my mind lately. But, yes, we need to find The Doctor first, then warn Princess Celestia. We have a week, we need to make sure we won't accidentally destroy the entire timeline."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-07-12 at 10:27 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana sighed. 'But why to bother keep him alive? Nya? And beside he want to hurt my waifu-sama!; she argued.

'But fine....' she groaned.
    'Where do we find the stud?' she grinned

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Max Vs Yankar

Max may have got the drop on him for a few moments, but Yankar had the edge by far in technique. So while he tried to take advantage of his surprise attack, he only wound up getting thrown. With the kaioken burning his stamina like a racehorse rushing through his veins, Max's main thought was Shoulda used taiyoken.... That didn't stop him from mustering his ki into one last attack, a concentrated ball of yellow ki welling up from his fingertips and firing out at Yankar as Max fell to the ground and bounced a few times before coming to an exhausted stop. He had thrown one last Chou Dodompa at Yankar, before he had to drop the kaioken and accept that this was his loss.
    He puts his arms in front of him to block the attack as it washes over him, gritting his teeth through it then landing.
    "......Aw. Your giving up already? I'm disappointed. Sigh."
    He didn't sound like he was surprised though. As if he fought so many people that didn't give him a challenge and was seeking something more.
    "....Anyways. Do you have a form of healing? Honor demands that I make sure a fellow martial artist is in good health."

Shenron August 1st
    "Then lets get going. To wherever he is. Time is of the essence Starlight."
    Its not as if anyone else knows.

19. - Top - End - #109

RedWizardGuy

Max Vs Yankar

Max rolled over from his prone position, taking a few deep breaths as sweat poured off of him, "I had to find out how hard Kaioken was to maintain somehow. I was not expecting it to be This draining. I'll be okay after a bit, mostly going to have bruising to deal with, nothing broke. Little time in a recouperation pod and I'll be right as rain. Oh, huh...I just realized I have to probably start manufacturing my own juice for that thing. To continue this tangent, how are you? If I broke or burned anything, give me some time to catch my breath and I can fix it. But yeah, Kaioken didn't used to take this much out of me. I can still maintain four just fine, but higher than that seemed to just set in punishment and amplify it....oh, if you can drag me to a body of water, I can heal myself. I could reflect the healing energies coming off my hands in the water back into myself back home. We can test that to see if my arm decides to fix it's bruising or not."

Max took a few more breaths before continuing, "But man, you sure have a lot of actual fighting experience on me. I was hoping that attacking during the start of your monologue there was going to catch you off guard. Anyway, I'm willing to spar you again, at least a few more times, if only to see if I can some day actually push you when we go at it."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana sighed. 'But why to bother keep him alive? Nya? And beside he want to hurt my waifu-sama!; she argued.
    "Because we ponies aren't soulless killing machines," Starlight said wryly.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    'But fine....' she groaned.

'Where do we find the stud?' she grinned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Shenron August 1st

"Then lets get going. To wherever he is. Time is of the essence Starlight."

It's not as if anyone else knows.
    Starlight summoned a piece of parchment, wrote a note on it, then sent it on its way in a puff of violet-pink flame. "The portal to Equestria is sealed off to prevent Hailing's minions from getting through," she replied. "I'll teleport us there, and the Doctor will meet us there. He can unlock it for us."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

"Beam us up, poncard!" She turned to 23.
    "Have I done the refrence right?'

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #112

Right. Artic took out a capsule and tossed it. It then exploded in a white cloud, which cleared to reveal Artic's power armor, which he climbed inside of. The latest version, hardened against super-high gravity and massive impact. The last feature was rather unintentional but a highly welcome bonus. In addition, it incorporated the capsule technology described in the Red Pants Army technology. Already innovative enough, once he cracks the secret to how the infinite energy generator, there'll be nothing stopping him.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Shenron, August 1st
    "Nope. Thats two strikes. Third and your out and I tell you what it is myself."
    23 says to Vodkana. Either she will hit home run, or get benched.
    "Also I take offensive at that Starlight, I mean its just not true, I clearly have a soul."
    She jokes ribbing Starlight while winking and smiling just to make sure she gets that its a joke, she has not understood this stuff before and it might help to have an extra hint.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight took a deep breath, then gave a weak smile. Without further comment, she swiftly teleported the group to the mirror portal.

---

[Mirror Portal]

The Doctor was there to meet the group next to the mirror portal.

"Ah, hello Starlight, 23, others," he remarked. "One moment, I'll open the portal and we can talk on the other side. Princess Celestia is expecting us."

Starlight raised her eyebrows. "Shouldn't we talk about this before going through?" she asked, indicating the scroll.

"No no, Princess Celestia is expecting us." Starlight gave a questioning look to 23, the only other offworlder with a link to Princess Celestia as the Doctor waved his screwdriver at the portal, then motioned the group through to the other side, where the Princess was waiting.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-07-25 at 09:24 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

The Mirror Portal
    23 shrugs in response to Starlights look. She just talked with the Princess, its not as if she knew everything that went on in that mysterious goodly head.
    "Kay then."
    She steps through, bracing herself for the sight she was going to see next. She was going to see Equestria. For real. This was going to be......surreal. For the lack of a better term. 22 follows excitedly through, grinning from ear to ear, and Masala walks happily after curious as always what was the other side of everything. Flake walks in wondering.
    ".....Huh, wonder how this'll be."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-07-26 at 11:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Mirror Portal

What interesting technology, Artic thought. Though he understood well the principle of wormholes, and its widespread use to enable instantaneous intergalactic telecommunication, to see one big enough to walk through was something exciting himself. If he could figure out how to make portals that big, it would revolutionize manufacturing, transportation, everything.

23 seemed excited too, but he was reasonably sure it was for different reasons as he followed the group to Equestria.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

The other side of the portal was a strange sight. The walls were made of marble, with three of the four walls lined with full bookshelves. There was a large door with gold filigree on the opposite end of the room, otherwise bare save for some decorative artwork. Several other, unidentifiable objects lay scattered about the room as well. Behind them, they could see the mirror portal on this side was hooked up to two large crystal pillars and attached to some odd machinery that looked like a combination of magitech and some sort of steampunk contraption. Blue energy flowed throughout the device, and to and from the pillars. The light faded as the mirror turned solid behind them, the machinery powering down. Starlight visibly relaxed as she stepped through the portal and into her homeland of Equestria.

Inside the room were two ponies. One was a light purple earth pony with a wild berry-red mane striked through with darker purple and a berry-related cutie mark. The other was instantly recognizable as Princess Celestia.

"Welcome back, Starlight, Vodkana," said the Princess. "And welcome to the rest of you as well. Come, we have much to discuss."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Earth - Portal

No sir, they've just...vanished. It's a good thing the portal closed when it did, because shortly after the group arrived, three full squads of Hailing's Royal Guard arrived, their spearhead lead by Captain Asalute. No risks were being taken when a multitude of high power-levels were detected.

We know they were here, there's footprints, but...they just vanished into that statue. We performed every form of analysis we can think of,
    spectrography, radiometry, tachyometry, it's just a statue.

They can hide their power-levels. The Captain pointed out. Search every square inch again.

Sir.

It's fortunate for the Earth that there was nothing to find.

Equestria - Mirror Portal Room.

Artic fell over as soon as he was through the portal. His whole body felt odd. Different. His suit reported that all systems were green, so that wasn't it. He wasn't sick, that he was aware of, it just felt...different. Alien, even. When he tried to stand up, his legs didn't bend all the way into an upright position. He could, but it felt like stretching. Furthermore, his torso and arms felt disproportionate and heavy. When he managed to stand upright, he almost immediately fell forward on to his arms, which hit the ground with more force than he was used to. He imagined himself on his knees, but somehow this stance on all fours actually felt comfortable. Natural.

There was also the fact that his tail felt far, far weaker and smaller, and he couldn't at all see his-his

Hands...! He exclaimed as he lifted a ponylike foreleg to his helmeted head. The light-blue hard-light fields forming what appeared to be insectoid wings buzzed with anxiety. The #1 mechanics' tool was missing! Where are my hands...?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Equestria - Mirror Portal Room.

Artic fell over as soon as he was through the portal. His whole body felt odd. Different. His suit reported that all systems were green, so that wasn't it. He wasn't sick, that he was aware of, it just felt...different. Alien, even. When he tried to stand up, his legs didn't bend all the way into an upright position. He could, but it felt like stretching. Furthermore, his torso and arms felt disproportionate and heavy. When he managed to stand upright, he almost immediately fell forward on to his arms, which hit the ground with more force than he was used to. He imagined himself on his knees, but somehow this stance on all fours actually felt comfortable. Natural.

There was also the fact that his tail felt far, far weaker and smaller, and he couldn't at all see his-his

Hands...! He exclaimed as he lifted a ponylike foreleg to his helmeted head. The light-blue hard-light fields forming what appeared to be insectoid wings buzzed with anxiety. The #1 mechanics' tool was missing! Where are my hands...?
    ((Or we could just do this now. XD))

Starlight looked around, seeing her friends had all been turned into ponies of some kind, without anyone casting a spell. She looked between Celestia and the Doctor, confused.

"....What's going on?" she asked. Celestia furrowed her brow as the Doctor began scanning the portal.

"Is this not your doing?" she replied. "I had assumed ... I see. My apologies to you all. This mirror is an artifact from an ancient land, the Crystal Empire. Unfortunately, anypony who would know of its inner workings have long since gone. I can return you to your natural form easily enough, but ... well, there are other matters we should discuss first."

Earth - Portal

No sir, they've just...vanished. It's a good thing the portal closed when it did, because shortly after the group arrived, three full squads of Hailing's Royal Guard arrived, their spearhead lead by Captain Asalute. No risks were being taken when a multitude of high power-levels were detected.

We know they were here, there's footprints, but...they just vanished into that statue. We performed every form of analysis we can think of,
    spectrography, radiometry, tachyometry, it's just a statue.

They can hide their power-levels. The Captain pointed out. Search every square inch again.

Sir.

It's fortunate for the Earth that there was nothing to find.
    Seeing the ruckus outside, a dark-skinned young man emerged from the library, carrying a thick tome in his arm and glasses atop his nose.

"Hail, strangers!" he said. "Be thou patrons of our great library, or hast thou come for other reasons?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Equestria, Mirror Portal
    Android 23 inspects herself in confusion: she had the same steely glare as always, her coat is pure white, and her mane and tail are orange while her are green as always, she is pure pegasus species wise and if not for different colors would be dead ringer of Rainbow Dash. she checks her flank and the Cutie Mark upon it is one pure red heart surrounded by a smaller yellow, orange and purple. Guess her talent was her ability to stay Determined. She checks her hooves, no drainer palms? Then she feels her forehead. Yep the cybernetic drainer gem thing was on her fore head underneath her mane in place of a horn. Makes sense.
    "Hm..."

She looks over at another white coated pony, who had a longer black haired mane and blue eyes, with a similar cutie mark to her own, but with green blue and light blue hearts instead, almost as if the two cutie marks were two halves of some greater one- Android 22. She seemed just as confused as 23. However she is instead unicorn rather than pegasus.

Masala seems completely fine and sees nothing confusing about the situation. She is in fact energetically already testing her small green filly body, stand on two legs without trouble and having a unicorn horn as well and use magic to float, 22 quickly instinctively pulling her back down with magic then being confused as to how she can do that, her expression blinking.

Finally 23 looks at Captain Flake: she fallen on the floor Her wings are indeed insectoid, her eyes a solid blue, her body a white carapace, her tail is oddly unchanged being just as lizard/ratlike as usual, and of course she is completely bald.
    "The devil!? What is this....this.....I'd accuse you of sorcery.....but I know magic actually exists.....yet for some reason I still feel as if that would be barbaric of me. Instead: What is this trickery!?"
    Yes, trickery sounds more civilized. She struggles to stand up.
    "Is this how you greet new guests to your kingdom!? I find this rude at the very least and can list a very many more things that are possibly wrong with this."
    Android 23 just looks at Celestia with a raised eyebrow.
    "Sigh.....let me guess: you DID NOT install a spell into the portal to make sure everyone not a pony who comes through is in disguise just in case or as a prank, and this is completely new to you."