Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,182 of 1182
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

Episode 7: Crash Counters is up. Join up and see how often I can totally want to die as a result of Fallout 3's total lack of stability!

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    I have to admit I'm a little interested in the Doom items, as that was a superb game with the visceral speed and aggression I want from FO4 baked in. The catch is, I'm absolutely certain the pricepoint is as insulting as ever. 4-5 dollars might almost be a worthy price IF it had the armor, the gun, some music, possibly a Doom themed encounter to collect them in (or, hell, just a put it beside a gravestone with a rabbit engraved on it, that would be wonderful), and enough modding capacity to compete with the high end of what you can get for vanilla/DLC gear. Maybe crib a page from Persona 5 and script the soundtrack to change when you've got the doom armor equipped. Imagine a gang of raiders swarming out of some back alley and suddenly that metal guitar riff starts up. I would have to start taking psycho just to get the SS to yell "F***IN' KILL!" as the music starts. Anything less... would just be impolite. Junkie-era Cait would be telling me ease up on the chem use.

Instead, if the original batch is any indication, I assume we'll be paying ~$5 for armor that has no mod capacity and goes from gamebreaking to obsolete around level 13 (Armorer 2). We'll be paying ~$2 for a weapon with a similar life span and either zero mod ability, a cheap copy/paste of the tesla rifle from Automatron, or an extremely rare/heavy/expensive ammunition type. Probably all 3. And it will be dropped with, at a maximum effort, some random ghoul encounter around a dungeon chest (not even retextured silver to look like the Doom Marine's coffin) and an instant quest to tell you where to find it.
    I just watched Oxhorn's review of the new items, and... well, if you're a pessimist, let's say you won't be disappointed. To get the BFG, you go to a gas station in the glowing sea and kill the person who's using it. The BFG has no mods, and is essentially a gauss rifle that uses unique ammo and has a 30-foot splash radius. The Doom armor looks like a turd sandwich and has no mods. It looks like some kid trying on his dad's armor, complete with torn pants and bare midriff on both male and female models, and yet has protection on par with Marine armor along with 1000 rad resistance.

I mean, honestly, that's probably what really angers me about this whole thing. The losing the Script Extender a few days every month will be exasperating, yes, but it's for the sake of content that is over-priced, under-developed, and poorly presented. I can forgive one of the three, Bethesda, your pick, but it seems you're going for the hat trick.
    Thank you for putting it into simple words for me. It's that combination of fatal flaws that makes the creation club so darn unappealing.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Complete: Oblivion, Enderal, Fallout (1997), Fallout 2
    Current: Fallout 3, Morrowind
    Upcoming: Borderlands, Skyrim

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bethesda have clearly forgotten that what makes cheap tat so appealing is that it's cheap. I can understand them wanting their own micro-currency to avoid constant credit card charges, but selling it in units of 750 when almost everything is priced in whole hundreds is clearly a cash-grabbing 'feature'.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Firbolg in the Playground

I actually like credits since it prevents them having to burn money on cyber security, I remember when the PlayStation Network kept getting hacked, and the XboX Network jumped to straight credit cards and then pow, repeated hacks. Yay credits.

As for the costs, 100-150 for most of them 200 for the backpack. 4-5 is just too much for even the best of these.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I just watched Oxhorn's review of the new items, and... well, if you're a pessimist, let's say you won't be disappointed. To get the BFG, you go to a gas station in the glowing sea and kill the person who's using it. The BFG has no mods, and is essentially a gauss rifle that uses unique ammo and has a 30-foot splash radius. The Doom armor looks like a turd sandwich and has no mods. It looks like some kid trying on his dad's armor, complete with torn pants and bare midriff on both male and female models, and yet has protection on par with Marine armor along with 1000 rad resistance.
    Good saints! They didn't even use the new good armor design! You know, the one from the game that's still popular at the moment? And the frickin' BFG is 400c? My pessimism was insufficient to requirements, and that depresses me.
    Quote Originally Posted by M'aiq the Liar
    The Wood Elves are not made of wood and the Sea Elves are not made of water. M'aiq still wonders about the High Elves.

5. - Top - End - #1175

For a mere 250 credits you can purchase pessimism, available after a short 'quest'.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Eden did want you to plant a virus that would wipe out all non-pure humans. Not sure if Autumn was in on that plan too, but I think if he were, then it would be pretty straightforward evil (and in character for the Enclave).

Personally, I'd go farther and rewrite it so that Eden is against the virus to purify the human gene pool because he realizes it'll kill so many Americans, and what is America if not having roots in the concept of the "Melting pot" (mutants in this case, many being just humans with slightly differentiating DNA, much like your own character)? And then Autumn betrays Eden and goes to Do the thing. So Eden letting you go to stop the colonel (and self-destructing the base) makes a bit more sense.
    Autumn is explicitly not in on the plan; Eden gives this as one reason why he's asking you to plant the modified FEV instead of Autumn (because either Autumn has said no or Eden thinks he will based on some other past disagreement).

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

So I heard Bethesda broke 90% of free mods again in FO 4. Wonderful... do they seriously think people aren't figuring our this is an attempt to kill off free mods?
    (either that, or they are one of the most blind and deaf companies out there and somehow can't figure out people are upset[and that CC had driven the Steam rating down to only 69% positive overall, and less than 15% positive "recently"])
    Last edited by Togath; Yesterday at 07:54 AM.
    Nine Lives Disciple(PoW archetype), Quicksilver Lance(wip PoW archetype)
    Kitty over on Steam. Furries itP
    "Dahlia" in a certain fallen city
    Yamabushi(mystic archetype)

"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable." ~found on a badly translated store page on steam

8. - Top - End - #1178

Nah, it's only the ones that require F4SE.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just every single F4SE mod, every single time they release CC.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

BlackDragon

Given this is Bethesda and they make a speciality of buggy games, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in this case. As they say, don't ascribe to malicious intent that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Given this is Bethesda and they make a speciality of buggy games, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in this case. As they say, don't ascribe to malicious intent that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    Perhaps it's incompetence. Either way, annoying your customer base is still a bad idea and it's hurting CC's acceptance. I was considering jumping into FO4 as I'm about to complete New Vegas, but now I feel I should wait a bit for things to settle down on this.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    GitP Player Registry Entry

12. - Top - End - #1182

Nah, you totally want to play Tactics...