New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

I know you guys disagree but I want to replay Fallout 4 instead of getting into NV. Are the DLCs worth it. I've read Far Harbor is great but the rest are just toyboxes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I know you guys disagree but I want to replay Fallout 4 instead of getting into NV. Are the DLCs worth it. I've read Far Harbor is great but the rest are just toyboxes.
    Not sure where you read that. The three "Workshop" DLCs--Wasteland, Contraptions and Vault-Tec--are almost entirely toyboxes (although there's a small sequence of missions in the Vault-Tec one). Automatron has a fair bit of story content as well as adding toys, and Far Harbor and Nuka-World are both massive additional areas with lots of associated quests. If you don't care about the toys then Automatron, Far Harbor and Nuka-World are all worth having, IMHO.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

I second that. The three big ones add a lot to the game.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

I personally think they're all worth it. Even Nuka-world which has grown on me.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

5. - Top - End - #35
    Spamalot in the Playground

Huh, I remember going through Broc flower cave, but I don't recall getting Ratslayer. Just flowers and rats. Hmm, guess I'll look closer on my next play through.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone knows when the Summer Sales drop? I just bought Overwatch a month before they made it cheaper for the anniversary and dont want to pay more again.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Sometime in June, though the date has been leaked I believe.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Huh. One of the mods I have apparently unlocks things like that shed in Hangman's Alley so it could be deleted.
    So now I have a fairly efficient settlement there. Room for 8 ppl. 1 provisioner and 1 bartender... 6 empty slots. Those will be used for companions I don't like that much.
    That's probably Scrap Everything, right? if you're getting into Hangman's Alley, I'd also consider looking at Hangman's Alley Interior Apartments. It opens up a lot of space in the apartment buildings that for some reason you're not allowed to build into. I also found Place Everywhere to be helpful in jamming floorboards into all the awkwardly shaped walls.

The Workshop DLCs are nearly entirely toybox. Automatron and Vault Tec are toyboxes with a side of story, which offer mostly new things you can build with maybe an hour or two of story. Far Harbor is the pinnacle of Fallout 4's writing. Nuka World is a fun romp around a theme park, although it has its own issues with tone.

if you'll take my advice: do Far Harbor after Nuka World and finishing the main game. It really allows each Far Harbor faction to shine as a mirror of factions in the main game.

Anyone knows when the Summer Sales drop? I just bought Overwatch a month before they made it cheaper for the anniversary and dont want to pay more again.
    Probably sometime in June. Reddit is saying June 22, which sounds about right given last year was June 23.

EDIT: I really need to up my Outdoorsman for my Fallout 2 playthrough. Once my little party turned east towards Vault City, jeez. Geckos and bandits every five friggin' feet, I swear. I might have ragequit just a bit once we walked into a group of seven bandits fighting six highwaymen, all of which are hostile to our little band of three people, low on ammo after half a dozen gecko fights.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2017-05-26 at 10:59 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on whether you're playing Survival or are into Settlement building really.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

I think I will make new equipment scripts (bat files that auto-equip ppl) for a "uniform" look. I think that it would suit this character if all settlers were dressed in Robot armor.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Robot Armor over RobCo Jumpsuits? Or some gear giving endurance?

I think it was that Gauntlet into Bosshood that pushed me off at first, but after going back with a character designed to play it, and having seen someone else go through, it's a bit better than I was anticipating. (Frankly I was expecting the Legion, but less likeable.)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

So... free weekend for Fallout 4. Anyone have some advice for fun stuff to try?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Robot Armor over RobCo Jumpsuits? Or some gear giving endurance?
    Since I am doing a BoS run this time..

Normal settlers: BoS Orange jumpsuits with Robot Parts over it. No helmets. No Weapon except what I give them manually (or what they grab).*
    Provisioners: BoS Olive jumpsuits, Robot Parts and either Assaultron Helmet or Sentry Helmet. Laser Pistol.*
    Shopkeepers (male): Greaser outfit. No weapon.
    Shopkeepers (female): Ratty dress, no weapon.

*My scripts give all 1 bullet of every ammo type, so they have unlimeted ammo with all guns in the game, if they get their hands on one.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Sentry Helmets for Provisioners, Assaultron Helmets for Guards. Though if you go all robots you can give them Assaultron head lasers.

Laundered Green Dresses for the Female Shopkeepers? Since they'd have first pick they would naturally be a bit better dressed.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-05-26 at 05:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Sentry Helmets for Provisioners, Assaultron Helmets for Guards. Though if you go all robots you can give them Assaultron head lasers.

Laundered Green Dresses for the Female Shopkeepers? Since they'd have first pick they would naturally be a bit better dressed.
    I like the more Rockabilly look. I feel like Kaylee is well... experiencing a bit of a second teen period after everything. She grew up in Basically-Pleasantville and suddenly... the one good thing with all this is that she can find herself. No more Lawyer.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, gotcha.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Got me thinking though. I think I'm gonna use the fancy dresses and suits in fancy settlements (sanctuary mainly). In places like Abernathy Farm there will be ratty dresses instead.

18. - Top - End - #48

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So... free weekend for Fallout 4. Anyone have some advice for fun stuff to try?
    Frankly, just play the game. It's far more fun to explore the place for yourself, and since you're going to struggle to finish the main plot in a weekend, exploring for kicks is probably the better option. Actually, thinking about it, it might be worth your while levelling to 30 as quickly as possible and then visiting Nuka-World, since all the DLC is included in the free weekend--it's got a huge amount of variety in a very small area, it's the best thing about it.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. One of the mods I have apparently unlocks things like that shed in Hangman's Alley so it could be deleted.
    So now I have a fairly efficient settlement there. Room for 8 ppl. 1 provisioner and 1 bartender... 6 empty slots. Those will be used for companions I don't like that much.
    As I suggested previous thread: Scrap Scrap and Spring Cleaning. Between the two, you can scrap quite a bit. Spring Cleaning, I believe, is the one that let you scrap that shed on stilts, since it lets you scrap the houses in Sanctuary as well.

Depending on the platform, the mods work a little differently. On my PC I can scrap all the rubble in Hangman's Alley, on the PS4 I can't. On the PC, I can't scrap the concrete awning over the workshop, on the PS4 I can....

Got me thinking though. I think I'm gonna use the fancy dresses and suits in fancy settlements (sanctuary mainly). In places like Abernathy Farm there will be ratty dresses instead.
    I collect Tuxedos.

Every time I assign a settler to a bar, he/she wears a tux. I like to open bars with a touch of class.
    Last edited by Mutazoia; 2017-05-26 at 10:25 PM.
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Can I eventually build anything I can scrap in settlements? Or might it be wise to keep certain things like trees and old cars if I want them?
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Can I eventually build anything I can scrap in settlements? Or might it be wise to keep certain things like trees and old cars if I want them?
    Trees I think you can never get back. Old cars MIGHT be possible with mods.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, like, resources are in theory near infinite, while stuff like the trees... aint.
    Sure they aint the prettiest trees, but they're more than none, so I see little reason to scrap them for wood~
    Last edited by Togath; 2017-05-27 at 03:13 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

23. - Top - End - #53

BlackDragon

I'm not convinced the mostly-dead trees that are all we see around are worth keeping, to be honest with you. If there were actually any living greenery then that'd be a different matter.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Safe Settlements Expanded has most of the cars, an also a huge selection of trees to replace the dead ones.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Safe Settlements Expanded has most of the cars, an also a huge selection of trees to replace the dead ones.
    Good to know.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Actually, thinking about it, it might be worth your while levelling to 30 as quickly as possible and then visiting Nuka-World, since all the DLC is included in the free weekend--it's got a huge amount of variety in a very small area, it's the best thing about it.
    Wait, it is? How do I get it to install the DLCs? The Add-ons tab of the title screen has them all greyed out.

Also, when I was looking them over in the store, it was interesting to see the player reviews for the DLCs on Steam... "Mostly negative, mostly negative, mixed, mixed..." Then got to Far Harbor and the one "Very positive." People liked the part of the game that had the good writing, who woulda guessed?
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

So... I have felt completely underleveled and underpowered and have gone through Stimpacs and ammo like crazy.
    I suddenly realized just 15 minutes ago that the game, for some reason, has been set to Very Hard for the last 48 hours or so.
    No wonder I died all the time.

What got me suspicious was when the third encounter in a row was a Legendary.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I seem to have the worst luck with legendaries, it seems I see a tiny fraction of the Legendaries I see other people encountering.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

You're probably having the same luck as most people, it's just that we tend not to talk about the 90% of legendary drops that are useless. (Ghoul Slayer Gamma Gun... yay?)
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    Wait, it is? How do I get it to install the DLCs? The Add-ons tab of the title screen has them all greyed out.

Also, when I was looking them over in the store, it was interesting to see the player reviews for the DLCs on Steam... "Mostly negative, mostly negative, mixed, mixed..." Then got to Far Harbor and the one "Very positive." People liked the part of the game that had the good writing, who woulda guessed?
    The other DLC's were basically just adding new things to build. Far Harbor actually had a lot of content in addition to the new junk added to the workshop. Nuka World kind of has it's own story, but it seem to mostly cater to the "I want an evil option" crowd. If you run it late game, you've pretty much unlocked all the settlements under your banner..and now you've got to go bully them into...doing pretty much what they are doing already...under your banner....
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."