New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Fallout VII - Vault-Tec calling

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Animal Friendship is a lame power but still one you can get.
    When "Animal" means "10 ft long scorpion", "Man-sized angry mutant crab", and "Genetically-engineered dino-monster", it's not exactly a lame power.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I thought that some of those fell under different umbrellas.
    Last edited by VoxRationis; 2017-06-07 at 04:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Let's not forget the hilariously weird stuff from Point Lookout including the Necronomicon you have to haul back to the creepiest building in DC and destroy.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

4. - Top - End - #214
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Let's not forget the hilariously weird stuff from Point Lookout including the Necronomicon you have to haul back to the creepiest building in DC and destroy.
    The Dunwich Building, named from the same source as the Dunwich Borers in Fallout 4--e.g. H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos books (Dunwich being a creepy town in those books).

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unless I'm misremembering (haven't played F4 since Skyrim SE came out), technically you have the ability to stop time right off the bat, considering you get the VATS tutorial before you get the friggin' pipboy. (okay, yeah, propably shouldn't count dev. mistakes)

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    Unless I'm misremembering (haven't played F4 since Skyrim SE came out), technically you have the ability to stop time right off the bat, considering you get the VATS tutorial before you get the friggin' pipboy. (okay, yeah, propably shouldn't count dev. mistakes)
    In FO4, you don't actually stop time so much as slow it down, which is more along the lines of your perception of time slows, kinda like that scene in the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

It's easier to make money to buy adhesive from water farms than to grow starch.
    Of course you have to remember to plug in the power to the purifiers...

I was wondering for days why I almost had no water to sell...
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    In FO4, you don't actually stop time so much as slow it down, which is more along the lines of your perception of time slows, kinda like that scene in the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie.
    Even Time Stop in D&D is limited and it is considered one of the greatest feats of arcane magic ever.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Even Time Stop in D&D is limited and it is considered one of the greatest feats of arcane magic ever.
    Not really, Foresight is far more powerful. Time Stop is peanuts when it comes to breaking the action economy. Come back when you've discovered infinitely recursive spell matricies.

And that's not actually what is happening at any rate. Time doesn't stop. Objective time doesn't even slow down. All it does is alter the perception of the flow of time from the perspective of the player. You don't really get that many more actions in a given time frame, you just are able to be more efficient about it. So it isn't even a Schism effect, or really even a Haste effect. Call it something like Divine Favor's boost to attack and damage plus something that increases critical threat range.

As far as Blitz? Eh, that's pretty much Elocator's signature move Dimension Spring Attack. Which... isn't really as awesome in practice as it is on paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Blitz 1 kind of sucks. Blitz 2 is teleportation. Many a True Need had a mad Blitz build that let him teleport up and down and with the bonus damage and the fact that you're considered standing still, you can take advantage of Rooted and Sentinel gear.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seft Sirag View Post
    I'm aware of VATS but it's definitely not what I was getting at, that's just a "shoot more better" ability. There's nothing especially supernatural or paranormal about it, you could fluff anybody who's particularly good with a gun as doing something similar. They just spend more time on showing you what's going on behind the scenes.

Stuff like Deus Ex augments, Dishonored abilities or even the suit powers in Crysis are more what I was getting at, but I think I have my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    It's easier to make money to buy adhesive from water farms than to grow starch.
    Of course you have to remember to plug in the power to the purifiers...

I was wondering for days why I almost had no water to sell...
    Seems far easier to just collect some food plants you already need to grow to feed your ungrateful moochers than make regular trips to Diamond City or Covenant to buy adhesive shipments. Plus you get XP for crafing vegetable starch, where as you get nothing in particular for buying and selling things. Still, to each their own.

My approach has been to grow enough food to make vegetable soup for myself, and starch for my crafting, and use the rest of my villagers for scavenging on stations. For one thing, you can actuall scavenge some useful things. Ballistic fiber, screws, fiberglass all seem to show up in reasonable quantities, and you'll never find yourself running out of the basics, either. You need only regularly empty out your workbench into an adjacent container, to keep the salvage cap from cutting off your income. Plus settlers working salvage stations don't require additional defenses, like they would if you grew food with them, and you may as well have them doing something productive. Plus, scavenging stations aren't exclusive with water farms, and are quite cheap to build, only 3 wood and 2 steel, iirc. Finally, if you're a low-charisma character, like mine, you lose a fair amount of value when selling your wares and buying shipments.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Vacuum Hopper into Conveyor Storage. Just visit and then leave. Or like me, convert Spectacle Island into a massive food plantation.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Seems far easier to just collect some food plants you already need to grow to feed your ungrateful moochers than make regular trips to Diamond City or Covenant to buy adhesive shipments. Plus you get XP for crafing vegetable starch, where as you get nothing in particular for buying and selling things. Still, to each their own.

My approach has been to grow enough food to make vegetable soup for myself, and starch for my crafting, and use the rest of my villagers for scavenging on stations. For one thing, you can actuall scavenge some useful things. Ballistic fiber, screws, fiberglass all seem to show up in reasonable quantities, and you'll never find yourself running out of the basics, either. You need only regularly empty out your workbench into an adjacent container, to keep the salvage cap from cutting off your income. Plus settlers working salvage stations don't require additional defenses, like they would if you grew food with them, and you may as well have them doing something productive. Plus, scavenging stations aren't exclusive with water farms, and are quite cheap to build, only 3 wood and 2 steel, iirc. Finally, if you're a low-charisma character, like mine, you lose a fair amount of value when selling your wares and buying shipments.
    Point is, with a semi-large operation going ('m not there yet, I only produce 140 water in Sanctuary and 40 in the boathouse) you earn about 2000 caps a day.

Oh I am reconfiguring Balrog II into Thor I. Blades aren't fun unless you have legs, and legs are not fun on suppliers.
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2017-06-08 at 03:46 PM.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Though blades with Hover thrusters are hilarious. Also, the Cryo Jet is criminally under-rated.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Though blades with Hover thrusters are hilarious. Also, the Cryo Jet is criminally under-rated.
    I have kinda configured my bots according to danger, each with their own gig so far:

Jezebel II - Gatlin laser and flamer. Goes between Greygarden and Sanctuary.
    Thor I - Dual tesla guns, tank build sentry head. Goes between Boathouse and Hangman's alley
    Sarge II - Dual heavy flamers - tank build sentry head. Goes between Mechanist Lair and Boathouse.
    Patton II - Dual Gatling lasers - tank build sentry head. Goes between boathouse and Sanctuary.
    Ballsy I - Dual stealth blades - Mr Handy, goes between Abernathy and Sanctuary

Between Hangman's Alley and Oberland Station there is still a human, I will build a robot there soon. Also I need a robot to go between Pines (whatever the name is) and Sanctuary.
    Plan is to build another hover and blade build for that one.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

So I've been watching a playthrough and... the pacify stuff seems really potent. Sure the chance is random, but it potentially lets you get both extra xp and virtually guarantees a one-hit-kill on the pacified guy.
    Also later ranks let you use them as disposable minions/shields.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

18. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

You need only regularly empty out your workbench into an adjacent container, to keep the salvage cap from cutting off your income. Plus settlers working salvage stations don't require additional defenses, like they would if you grew food with them, and you may as well have them doing something productive. Plus, scavenging stations aren't exclusive with water farms, and are quite cheap to build, only 3 wood and 2 steel, iirc. Finally, if you're a low-charisma character, like mine, you lose a fair amount of value when selling your wares and buying shipments.
    I actually prefer to just use Uncapped Settlement Surplus. It makes it so that your settlements don't have a ridiculous arbitrary cap on how much food, water, and scrap they can store.

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    So I've been watching a playthrough and... the pacify stuff seems really potent. Sure the chance is random, but it potentially lets you get both extra xp and virtually guarantees a one-hit-kill on the pacified guy.
    Also later ranks let you use them as disposable minions/shields.
    Eh, I still don't like them. They're too dependent on RNG for my tastes. IF you invest the points and perks in an otherwise useless level of charisma, and IF you're a higher level than the enemy, and IF you're using a gun, and IF you pass the check, then sure, it's fun and useful. But that's too many IF's for me to want to center a build around it. If anything, it's a "Sure, why not" after you've gotten pretty much everything else.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2017-06-08 at 05:00 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

You enjoy killing, don't you?

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

What playthrough?

The fun thing about the Cryojet, is that it's crazy good for slowing enemies, and then you can deal with it with whatever other weapon, either blades or guns or the like. Makes even Deathclaws stupid easy.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Link to the playthrough.
    I've enjoyed watching it so far, and it seems like it's less "has to be a gun not a plasma/laser weapon" and more "any weapon you can aim works" for the perk chain. The guy's been doing a charisma and stealth run primarily.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    I actually prefer to just use Uncapped Settlement Surplus. It makes it so that your settlements don't have a ridiculous arbitrary cap on how much food, water, and scrap they can store.
    Yeah, I'm currently doing a clean run, so no mods. I like Triaxx's idea of a vacuum hopper tho. I need to get that working.

One thing I discovered in my current play-through is that it's simply not safe to land vertibird near Hangman's Alley, having the 'bird drop you into a LZ full of angry super-mutants is a death-sentence. So I'm thinking I'm going to relocate my main HQ to the Castle, once I liberate it. Right now, I'm using Starlight Drive-in, which appears to be safe enough.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2017-06-08 at 06:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've been watching a playthrough and... the pacify stuff seems really potent. Sure the chance is random, but it potentially lets you get both extra xp and virtually guarantees a one-hit-kill on the pacified guy..
    I built around Wasteland Whisperer on my longest playthrough, and it's hilarious once you get the ability to order things to fight for you. "Hey, Super Mutant Suicider, stop chasing me and go give those guys over there a hug." The biggest annoyance I had with it was that the Incite range was half of the Pacify range.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

That's odd, I always end up dropped at the river side cross roads instead. Cambridge Polymer labs is an excellent nearby drop zone choice. It usually just requires crossing the river.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    I built around Wasteland Whisperer on my longest playthrough, and it's hilarious once you get the ability to order things to fight for you. "Hey, Super Mutant Suicider, stop chasing me and go give those guys over there a hug." The biggest annoyance I had with it was that the Incite range was half of the Pacify range.
    Well, I know what I'm going to do now for my newest run (another character for the DLCs).

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm currently doing a clean run, so no mods. I like Triaxx's idea of a vacuum hopper tho. I need to get that working.

One thing I discovered in my current play-through is that it's simply not safe to land vertibird near Hangman's Alley, having the 'bird drop you into a LZ full of angry super-mutants is a death-sentence. So I'm thinking I'm going to relocate my main HQ to the Castle, once I liberate it. Right now, I'm using Starlight Drive-in, which appears to be safe enough.
    I am still focusing mainly on Sanctuary and the Boathouse safehouse.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, does Mr Handy fuel do anything? I heard somewhere it buffs Codsworth's flamethrower?
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, does Mr Handy fuel do anything? I heard somewhere it buffs Codsworth's flamethrower?
    It becomes oil for crafting AFAIK

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Oh btw speaking of farming or getting money to buy shipments...
    Another thing is to take advantage of the loot respawn and go plunder a vault every 7 days. tend to have tons of rare stuff.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Oh btw speaking of farming or getting money to buy shipments...
    Another thing is to take advantage of the loot respawn and go plunder a vault every 7 days. tend to have tons of rare stuff.
    I've never found it worth my while to plunder a location without the added incentive of a quest for XP, personally. But then I tend to be insanely thorough in my cleaning out of locations, hence my regular use of vertibird signal grenades. Then again, I'm also not a very aggressive builder, my minimalist settlements are designed to keep me in the field as much as is feasible. That said, I really do want to get a vacuum hopper set up in my main settlement, so as to improve my quality of life.

The one thing I'll say in favor of a water purification plant, it's not mutually exclusive with scrap stations or farming. In light of this, what are peoples' designs for turret towers and other planned fortifications? I mostly just perch machine gun turrets on convenient rooftops.