Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXX: Imperium After Dark

So. Is there a realistic option for Daemons that aren't Smite-spamming mono-Tzeentch lists? Slaanesh seems to still suffer from troops made of tissue paper.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

2. - Top - End - #872

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    So. Is there a realistic option for Daemons that aren't Smite-spamming mono-Tzeentch lists? Slaanesh seems to still suffer from troops made of tissue paper.
    Plaguebearers are hugely durable and hold objectives well - AP and damage values mean nothing to them, and they ignore more than 50% of any wounds they suffer via 5++ and Disgustingly Resilient.

Daemon Princes are really good - they're fast and hit hard, and don't cost that many points (especially if you just give them claws). Astartes Daemon Princes can still have the Daemon and Nurgle keywords, but also give the relevant daemons reroll 1s to hit (which is very handy) and have the Heretic Astartes keyword which means they can use Warptime on themselves to first-turn charge anything that worries you.

Nurglings are pretty bad at everything, but they deploy close enough to charge, so if they have something you don't want shooting at your Seekers (say, a devastator squad or something) just give it some Nurglings - they'll take a couple turns to die and it stops them shooting the valuable stuff.

I'd say that Plaguebearers, Seekers, Princes, and some of whatever spice you want seems like a good core to a list. Seekers are super fast and put out a ton of attacks - good for chopping up hordes which are probably gonna be around quite a lot. Screamers are solid too. I haven't looked at most of the Khorne stuff but a bloodthirster is a pretty good source of high damage hits to take out anything particularly durable.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop XXX: Imperium After Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Khorne seems to be pretty good demonwise.

Heralds of Khorne and just plain scary, as they add +1 strength to any Khorne Demon unit within 6", meaing strength 6 demons on the charge (+1 from Unstoppable Ferocity)

Flesh Hounds are good as they provide you with some denying for psychic powers

Bloodletters are great due to the fact their swords have AP -3, and can cause damage 2 instead of 1 on a 6+

Skull Cannons are quite good as one of the few ranged weapons available to Khorne Demons, but can still put up a decent fight in melee

Personally I think Khorne Demons are a pretty viable option, due to their increased strength and attacks on the charge via Unstoppable Fury and their invulnerable saves to save them from shooting. If they can get into combat, which they are much more likely to achieve now, they're going to be a force to be reckoned with.
    Oodles of doodles of doodles of oodles

4. - Top - End - #874
    Troll in the Playground

Since snipers are so good this edition, is a vindicaire worth taking on its own?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Since snipers are so good this edition, is a vindicaire worth taking on its own?
    Yes. As long as you can put a cheap(ish) squad in front of him, so he can't be targeted by opposing Snipers.
    Steam Name: Cheesegear
    League of Legends Name: Cheesegear
    You can fight like a krogan or run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

6. - Top - End - #876

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Hits on a 2+, wounds on a 2+, AP -3, ignoring both cover and invul saves: all good.

But doing only D3 damage isn't great when characters can have up to 9 wounds, and he no longer does anything to stop command squads LoSir!-ing the damage onto a mook. Plus he lost the ability to pick-out special weapons or sergeants.

So he's good at picking off weaker characters without retinues (eg, non-deathstar builds), but against tougher ones or ones who brought friends he shouldn't be your only plan for character-killing.
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

PSA; The new Tactical Objectives cards fit in Magic: The Gathering-sized card slips. I don't know if this helps anyone.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; Today at 08:54 AM.
    Steam Name: Cheesegear
    League of Legends Name: Cheesegear
    You can fight like a krogan or run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

I'll have to order a vindicare from my FLGS, no way I'm paying $10 for shipping on a $32 model
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Bleuh, I dunno what army I want to start. I know I want to do something (haven't seriously started a new army in the 4 years I've been playing), but everything looks fun right now. A good problem to have, I guess.

10. - Top - End - #880

I think I'm going to build Ynnari for my main 8th edition army. They seem like an army that's both powerful and fluffy - a lot of Imperium stuff is awesome, but it's difficult to make an army that's both good and isn't a mashup of different factions. Also nobody in my local playgroup plays Eldar currently.