New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Question Published Adventures for Star Wars RPGs

I've often wondered how published adventures for the various Star Wars RPGs would look like, but I've never actually seen one myself. The West End Games RPG is widely considered of being single handedly responsible for the revival of Star Wars after the movies had ended and introducing new content to the setting that ended up growing into the Expanded Universe (and then reached back into the prequel movies). While I've seen the game and really like the mechanics, I'm not familair with any of the campaign material or any adventures they have released. I've played Saga Edition but don't even know about any adventures for that game, except for short ones in the appendices of various sourcebooks.

Anything out there that a fan of RPGs and Star Wars should be aware of?
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Published Adventures for Star Wars RPGs

I found this link many moons ago: I didn't use the adventures in the end but they looked good to me:

http://smallshinyobjects.ca/star-war...ce-adventures/

I play/run the FFG Star Wars games, so this site has been helpful:

http://thompsonpeters.com/eote/

I own the DarkStryder campaign for WEG Star Wars, but haven't played it: it's supposed to start well and end poorly. Still pretty legendary though.
    Last edited by JustIgnoreMe; 2017-05-25 at 01:10 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

I know WEG d6 had several, but I don't know where to find them. Wookiepedia has a pretty sizeable list, though

WotC's first Star Wars RPG had at least one "official" campaign path in the vein of D&D's Living Campaigns EDIT Living Force, that's what it was called, and there was a similar if less-supported one for SAGA called Dawn of Defiance, which you might have heard of. I've run it a couple of failed times and once successfully and it's a pretty solid adventure about proto-Rebels during the interquel era, although it's bare bones and contradictory enough (as a ten part, level 1-20 campaign written by like eight different people) that I did a lot of fleshing it out and stole a lot more from the old Wizards forums, myself. I'd recommend it, with a few tweaks.
    Last edited by Nerd-o-rama; 2017-05-26 at 01:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As mentioned WEG d6 has like dozens of adventures. I've used many of them for more than just Empire vs Rebels. I'm not sure about FFG, though I don't play that game much, to be quite honest.

Saga Edition has one adventure path, a 10 part module, as mentioned (Dawn of Defiance). It's decent enough, although I certainly wish we had more. There is a fan made one that is also a 10-part, level 1 through 20 adventure path - Dawn of Shadows. It was never finished by the author due to something serious coming up (I forget what it was, but there are some missing maps and other bits and bobs, nothing I haven't been able to work around).

Other than that, there is nothing, to my knowledge.
    GMing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Savage Worlds: Sky Blazers
    Star Wars Saga Edition: Heart of Corellia, Dawn of Shadows

Playing
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pathfinder: Illoria

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The WEG D6 version has the most published material to date, a lot of which can be found on D6holocron.com There are quite a few Adventures, some of which take place in movie locations such as "Crisis on Cloud City" and "Tatooine Manhunt", and a variety of all new locations and situations.

Splats (Galaxy Guides) usually have a few adventure ideas that you can flesh out as well...and there are plenty of those...
    "Sleeping late might not be a virtue, but it sure aint no vice. The old saw about the early bird and the worm just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed."

- L. Long

I think, therefore I get really, really annoyed at people who won't.

"A plucky band of renegade short-order cooks fighting the Empire with the power of cheap, delicious food and a side order of whup-ass."