New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Ghostfoot's Red Hand of Doom - Shaaran Onslaught (IC)

Alison

"How do you guys want to play this?" Alison asks as Tigga crouches in the undergrowth, surveying the keep with a swishing tail.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Bard eyes the castle, "That'd be a good spot to hold up if I were going to raid the surrounding area, if so, probably a fair amount in there. I'd say best course of action is to scout it out, see the numbers, patrols and who and what is in there. Then, we can ambush any patrols, hit and run, and reduce their numbers, no sense in storming a place like that, not knowing whats in there."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Gadrella

"Or..." Gadrella says boisterously, and clearly without much of that sense Bard was talking about, "I can cast haste now, and we can start kicking down doors and slaughtering them before they can put their pants on."
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2018-09-29 at 09:05 AM.
    If I could play dungeons & dragons with only four books: MM I, DMG, PHB, & ToB
    Dragon Shaman Handbook. Fighter Fix.
    Camel's Handbook

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Bard looks at her, mouth open, "did you hear a word I said?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Gadrella

"You want to wait around for one of us to die of old age before doing anything." Gadreela says, "Goblin's sleep during the day. That's why they see so well at night. Let's just rush em'. I'm hoping they have something to drink in there, some hair of the dog for this hangover."

She looks at Bard for a second before adding, "Alright, alright. Scout. I'll take a nap for an hour or so."
    Last edited by Jopustopin; 2018-09-29 at 11:41 AM.
    Camel's Handbook

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dacre

A reconnoiter before charging in madly would be best. However, I am... not stealthy,” Dacre said, a bit of hinted chagrin in his tone.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Temur-dai

Temur-dai laughed at Gadreela’s comments. "I love your enthusiasm, Sister, but I think we have a better chance at total victory with some recon. Makes the slaughter more certain. And you may get lucky and we could get caught!

Which is a possibility with me helping!”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let’s do this!
    Status
    AC 14 (19 vs AOO; 15 vs all else) (FF 12, Touch 10) / HPs: 38
    F +5 R +5 W +4 / Initiative +1 / Move 30'
    Whirling Frenzy 1/1; Str Domain 1/1; Turn undead 4/4
    Spot/Listen/Search +5; KS A/P/R +5 (H/D +3); Ride +12
    Spells (3 / 2+1) detect magic, create water, mending; identify, identify, enlarge person
    Effects: none
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Bard moves forward stealthily, creeping alongside the path. It's a 5-minute hike up towards the ruined keep, but it takes him more like 15 minutes due to his care. On the way he takes the opportunity to check for signs of passing. Numerous humanoid boot prints are visible in the dirt path along with prints from several large clawed wolf-like beasts, surely more of the patrols encountered previously.

Scouting closer he observes the keep itself. The old structure is in very poor repair. The gatehouse is partially collapsed, as is a section of wall to the south. A small wooden shack sits next to the remains of a long-abandoned weed-choked garden in front of the keep. The walls surrounding the keep are about fifteen feet high, with a two-storey tower looming in the southwest corner of the courtyard within. Large boulders lie strewn amid the ruins of the gatehouse towers, and a giant-sized humanoid skeleton slumps amid the ruins of the northern one. The rotted remains of two sets of large wooden gates lie in a heap on the ground in the entranceway.

A thin plume of smoke rises from within the ground floor of the keep, near the base of the southwest tower.

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Spot DC10
    Bard (1d20+9)[26]

Survival DC10
    Bard (1d20+8)[27]

9. - Top - End - #189

Dacre

With a flick of the wrist, Dacre readies his summon monster I wand for a quick distraction - if needed.
    Plot Hooks. Campaigns and Encounters - an aid for DMs in a hurry. A resource for all to enjoy! (Now archived)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Bard settles in, after seeing the tracks, and with Gadreela napping, he's hoping to catch some movement of the castle, he had some information, but not a whole lot, that hut looked interesting, but he knew patience was a virtue.

Spoiler
    Show

Stay put and observe for about an hour
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Bard settles in to observe. As dusk falls and darkness settles over the surrounding forest you wait and watch. Occasional muffled shouting and barking is faintly heard from deep within the fort but nothing he can clearly make out, and there are no signs of sentries or patrols.

With the darkness deepening an eerie flickering greenish-yellow light is visible through the windows and shattered walls of the ruined second storey tower in the southwest corner.

Spoiler: Listen
    Show
    Bard (1d20+9)[14]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing the strange light, and no forthcoming patrols, he sighs, it was what it was. The barking sounds didn't bode well however.

He moved as silently as he could back to the group, coo-cooing like a night-owl when he though he was close as they discussed before he left.

Once back, he explains what he saw, including the eery light, and the sounds.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently - (1d20+12)[22]
    Hide - (1d20+12)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Alison

"So what do we reckon? Straight in?" Alison asks the group.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't like the sound of those dogs....or wolves, or whatever they were...Maybe we draw them out, use the forest to our advantage?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Gadreela

Snoring quietly the young wizard continues her (very long at this point) nap.
    Camel's Handbook

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    "I don't like the sound of those dogs....or wolves, or whatever they were...Maybe we draw them out, use the forest to our advantage?"
    "That's a good plan. I think we'd be good at that," Alison comments after sharing a momentary glance with Tigga.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Bard nods, smiling, "Ok, we'll pick out a spot to ambush them, away from the fort, and then I'll draw them out and run like hell, once they're in the kill zone, you guys hit em with all you got. A good spell that entangles might do great, we move behind them and the fort, we pick off who we can, then retreat?" he starts making a crude map of the area, and with Haseid's help, chooses a good spot for an ambush.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

18. - Top - End - #198

Dacre

"I can summon small creatures to aid the charade. Where would you like them?"

Dacre points to his summoning wand in case his Vaasan accent made him indecipherable.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Thinking for a moment "Maybe they would be a better distraction? Can any of them fly? I'm not sure how much faster I am than a pack of dogs, if at all."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

20. - Top - End - #200

Dacre

"I could conjure up some heavenly owls or hell crows, whatever your philosophy prefers."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Bard thinks, owls weren't terribly known to be 'annoying creatures' or 'dangerous foes' that the goblinoids would follow if seen.

"Those a good, but anything that the goblins will follow? Maybe a stag or something? They might be hungry." he shrugs his shoulders, "Else, I guess I'll yell at them, and run like the wind, if we pick a good path before hand, I should be able to run full out."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

22. - Top - End - #202

Dacre

"Hmmm... well I could make a dog-sized rat, or a beetle about the size of a horse?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"That's good, do we have anything to get their attention to it? Maybe a horn, or a spell?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Temur-dai

Temur-dai nodded at the ambush idea. "Agreed that we draw them out. Hopefully whatever animal you summon will attract the dogs. Unfortunately Inhave no horn. But I’ll be ready to smash our foes!

When do you want to wake up our dear Sister?”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    TD is ready to wreck some hobs!
    Status
    AC 14 (19 vs AOO; 15 vs all else) (FF 12, Touch 10) / HPs: 38
    F +5 R +5 W +4 / Initiative +1 / Move 30'
    Whirling Frenzy 1/1; Str Domain 1/1; Turn undead 4/4
    Spot/Listen/Search +5; KS A/P/R +5 (H/D +3); Ride +12
    Spells (3 / 2+1) detect magic, create water, mending; identify, identify, enlarge person
    Effects: none
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

25. - Top - End - #205

Dacre

"I can bring for a giant beetle from the Seven Heavens. When you are ready..."

Dacre readies the wand to summon a celestial giant fire beetle.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"OK then, let's get into our places, and we'll see if we can get their attention."
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A