New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVIII: Is there anyone?

Main Room

"Egh, its how he decided. And no, this guy is new. You'll know when the Thing says hello, its voice sometimes sticks around, physically."

Sweetums turns his attention to the hooded man.

"No, I don't think we're arguing. After all, she can order me around."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The hooded man bows his head and says: Ah, I have misjudged the situation. I am the Riverman. Or Charon. Or He Who Wades. Or Fiend What Walks. It's been a while since my time among the mortals, I've lost track of the names.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #33

Main Room

"Truly? Surely a entity such as yourself must have had your fair share of worshipers and cultists vying for your favor. I am myself a warlock, so I know how attractive powerful entities such as yourself are. I am Tellysandra Mononobe, new member of AMEN, lieutenant of KABAL, the next big mercenary company in the nexus." SHe introduces herself, bowing her head in turn.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

I do have a city in Seaside, however I have no real priesthood. So who is your patron, or patrons as the case may be? replies The Riverman.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

5. - Top - End - #35

Main Room

"Patron, and it is a entity known as Murmus, a being of the sky rather than the sea. Though one of his aspects are storms, so that could be connected to seaside I suppose. However, I am sworn to only him, so I'm afraid I can't go around cheating with other entities."
    Tellysandra explains with a smile.

Murmus is in fact a demon lord, but demons had pretty bad press so Telly didn't go around telling people that part.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Murmas must indeed be selective if he only allows that his followers to worship only him. I've found that with the few mortals I've had dealings with that they should have a wider array of demonic hosts, so that when their time has come to pay their dues, there's less of a chance that they can actually pay up. This way is better for the host, in that they can request a different payment, be it servitude or a favor, from the sad mortal. There is actually quite an amusing anecdote about a farmer who requested my services, became a vampiric lord of an entire court, and when I asked him of his agreed payment he tried to kill me with his followers. Sadly for them though their lair was underwater, and I destroyed it with a minor tsunami. The farmer now runs a (what do you mortals call it?) fast food restaurant in my seaside residence. rambles Riverman. It is quite obvious that he hasn't spoken to mortals for a long time.

7. - Top - End - #37

Main Room

Tellysandra nods and smiles as the ferryman rambles on. So he knew that murmus was a demon? She shouldn't have expected less considering they probably all had tea every Sunday or something. "I am actually something of a high priest, or high priestess if you will, to my lord. Therefore, I have a special connection to him, which is why I can't, as you have observed, do it the usual way of a whole array of patrons. However, judging by your anecdote, it sounds like you need more intelligent followers, or at least less ambitious ones. Have you ever considered starting to gather followers in Skyside or even better, Riverside? Riverside is all build around the river of Syde which runs all the way to seaside. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to expand your reach there. I could even help you now that we belong to the same organization." The warlock offers.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

Your offer is most generous, but no. I am not a being to be worshiped, just a dealer of services. I help mortals get from one end of the river into another. Be that river literal, or metaphorical. One doesn't worship a therapist simply because he is doing his job correctly, or wait do you? Things have changed significantly, so my example might not be the best... ponders the Riverman.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-16 at 08:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Main Room

"I see, so why did you join up with AMEN then? They, like myself, have less lofty goals. Not all of us can feel fulfilled by something so simple. I myself, may it be a cliche, simply want to live the good life, whatever that might take. Life, as you know, is a son-of-a-bitch that you gotta grab by the throat to make it take you where you like to go." Tellysandra muses.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

While being a daemonic immortal lord of the seas, I cannot share your... drive to live. I exist, I serve a purpose. Lately, however, I started to lack a purpose. AMEN was the first location that I read in (what do you mortals call it?) phone book. Decided to give it whirl (see what I did there? Whirl, lord of the water? I'm not good at mortal humor, so it is alright if you did not get it) says the Riverman.

11. - Top - End - #41

Main Room

Tellysandra smiles in amusement, humor or puns was not common among demonic entities. "I see, but that of course brings up the question, what kind of purpose do you hope that AMEN will give you? See, I'm trying to figure out if we have some common interests here."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

I exist to serve. You were the first organization I came across. I will serve. Your organization also portends towards my daemonic side, so your goals will also serve towards my ultimate goal. Before you ask, no, I cannot tell you what that goal is, but you need not worry since the particulars of my plan will enact long after your death. Even if you live several thousand years, my plan will still enact long after your death. says The Riverman, kind of ominously actually.

13. - Top - End - #43

Main Room

Those outsiders and their ominous exposition, Tellysandra had simple learned to tune it out by now. "So you now simply incorporated AMEN's needs with your own, does that mean that you serve Zefir now? I'm asking since I have my own plans, and I could use some help."

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The Riverman pauses for a moment, but does answer: I have been known to assist more than mortal at a time. Do you have something in mind?

15. - Top - End - #45

Main Room

Tellysandra smiles. "Otherwise I wouldn't have asked. But first, I need to know what sort of things you can do while away from water. Do you prefer stealth or more straightforward methods of combat? I need to know as I'm planning a kidnapping."

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The Riverman considers, then says: Out of the waer I am one of the best magic users in the nexus, but stealth has never been my forte. However I can cast some sort of invisibility spell to shroud my appearance, and I can mask my aura of fear (as I am doing now).

17. - Top - End - #47

Main Room

Tellysandra shakes her head. "I'm afraid 'greatest spellcasters', doesn't tell me much as in the nexus spellcasters come in all sort of varieties. However, invisibility would be greatly useful I imagine and perhaps fear will also be useful, as it could subdue the victim." She considers. "I know where the victim lives, so it is only a matter of getting in and out with them."

18. - Top - End - #48

Main Room

It neds a bit until zefir comes out of his Office. He heads for the main room taking a look around.

(( Shadowcaller I have no idea how to start the riverside thing, if it is me we wait for.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

I would be willing to help, even if I can only provide transportation. Another factor you might wish to consider is my Cosmic Canoe. Unless the area is magically warded, I can row there in a matter of seconds.
    offers The Riverman.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-06-22 at 04:43 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

(I have an idea on how to start it if we need that then.)

Main Room

Sweetums goes to pick up the plate of fudge while El Cuervo hops into the main room, having taken this time to replace the feathers of its wings.

"Well, I guess...there was more...members here than...I thought."

21. - Top - End - #51

((Start it however you like. I got some free time now so I can actually post for the attack this weekend.))

[Main Room]

"Shouldn't be, I imagine it will just be grabbing the person and get back here. Of course, I need to ask, do you need a picture or something similar to be able to get there?" She asks.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

The Riverman chuckles a bit, and says: I have been rowing upon the river of time for as long as time has been a concept. All you must do is get on the Canoe, I will row, and we shall arrive there.

23. - Top - End - #53

[Main Room]

"So you can take me to a location that you don't even know? Well, go ahead then. Unless, of course, you need some sort of information." Tellysandra muses, smiling once again. "A name perhaps? Fettina is the name of the person, yet it is a common name so how would you know which Fettina I'm talking about?"

She is located in the Inside thread though, in a apartment complex.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Room

A pale white canoe appears directly behind The Riverman. In The Riverman's hands a white paddle is grasped where nothing was before. He climbs aboard the canoe, and extends his hand towards Tellysandra.

Banish your doubts. I am a god. My will is reality. Come aboard, sit down, and we shall claim the mortal soul of which you seek.

25. - Top - End - #55

Main Room

Tellysandra kept her poker face up, no matter what a entity did, it was important to just keep your expression neutral. They were just like everyone else, until they weren't. There was a time and place to play the reverence card and it wasn't now. She takes Charon's hand and gets on board. "Right, just remember that we're not trying to kill her here. We're attempting to capture her. So no lethal effects, understood?"

((The next post can be in the Inside thread. The location is controlled by Murkus so don't enter it until he posts.))

[Demon Temple - Aftermath]

Sargon did not fancy meeting Sadakhis right now, he could hear the guides angry grunts even outside the chamber they had taken residence in. Yet there was no reason delaying it, the door slid open and Sargon was greeted by a disaster. The magically reinforced floor and walls had several dents, and parts of the ceiling had even melted.

"You're being extremely childish." Sargon stated with a frown, considering how much of his people's craftsmanship the guide was ruining simply going into a temper tantrum.

But not even Sargon had expected Sadakhis to be squeezing his throat the very next moment, the great armor felt hot as it was squeezing out the life of him. "You dare?"

Three eyes of fire, blazing with hatred, were staring back at him for a moment before his defenses kicked in, pushing away the enraged guide. Yet it still caused Sargon to grasp for his throat, he hadn't needed to breath for centuries but it still hurt, his whole panicking as its oxygen supply was suddenly cut. It had to be the 'childish' part that enraged them so, only mortals carried children.

"If you compare me to those disgusting animals again, I will turn this temple into your tomb, king." Sadakhis roared, their metal body towering over even Sargon as he sank down on his knees.

"...calm yourself..." Sargon finally managed to say as he forced himself to look Sadakhis in the eyes again, he couldn't allow himself to show any fear right now.

Sadakhis gaze bore into his as their eyes met. The guide did not seem to be impressed. "Pathetic. You didn't even manage to save your own guide. This is was always the problem with your kind, no matter the gifts we gave you, you're still just mortals deep down. You are all so inferior to spirit. If Aegris just had rejected that filthy body this would never have happened, RAAAGHRH!!!"

The guide casually melted a part of the wall as they slammed their claw into it.

Sargon did not reply. Trying to argue right now would pointless, he simply kept staring back at the guide like they were a misbehaving child.

It took a moment, but it seemed to have some effect as Sadakhis didn't destroy more of the chamber. Instead, they turned their back to Sargon. "But I won't go down that way. I am still the pure might of my concept." They ranted as they started to walk back and fourth. "While we've lost a lot, my forces are still ready for a fight, and so are yours." Now the guides gaze focused on Sargon once again. "Aegris told me enough about your little schemes, if you want to prove your worth to the race, just keep sabotage their efforts while I make the final preparations. We're going to eradicate the very memory of that their pathetic 'culture' even existed, yes?"

Sargon rose up. "I will do what's best for my people, Soghv, as always. My forces will be at your command. That is all I came here to say, whatever happens, we will still follow the plan." He replied with a nod, if he played his cards right then this problem would go away too soon enough.

"Then go and make your preparations. We will stick with the plan." Sadakhis ordered, they had a lot to do...
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-06-23 at 03:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Meeting Room

Mr E stands at the holotable, setting up the information he has about the city of Riverside to get things ready for the upcoming attack upon it.

"This time, we are not going to be driven back so easily. I had the time to find the weakpoints and this time, this time the city will fall."

27. - Top - End - #57

Meeting Room

Guess Mr E is here because he wanted to tak to others?

"Do you know if any party in Riverside suspects our move?" Zefir says. "I think that was a major problem back then."

28. - Top - End - #58

Meeting Room

"No, not this time. Or at least they don't know the timing sir."

Mr E turns to face Zefir.

"Are you going to call the members and Sargon to plan out the attack? I think the time is right for it."

29. - Top - End - #59

Meeting Room

"Yes we should call the members." he says.
    "I see what's up with Sargon. Maybe he got to deal with the aftermactch of the attack." (I haven't read it all, but from what I read there was enogth so my char could know about it.)
    He will then go out to do so. Searching for sargon after he called the members.

AMENwide.

The speakers insside go on so everyone inside the base will hear him.

"Attention. Every member should meet at the Meeting Room immediatly. I repeat EVERY member should meet at the Meeting Room immediatly."

30. - Top - End - #60

Meeting Room

Sargon enters the meeting room, shortly followed by his two body guards. The demon king likely stands above the rest of the people in the room, being taller than most trucks. He is wearing a full-plate armor made of silver that covers most of his body, with only his hooves, wings and part of his skeletal face exposed. His helmet shaped as a crown to declare his royal status.

He is not currently carrying any weapons, but his body guards have that covered.

"Everything on our side is ready, I assume the attack against the MERC office in riverside will be carried out soon?"

A plotclone of Tellysandra is here as well, though she is keeping a much lower profile.