New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVIII: Is there anyone?

Meeting Room

El Cuervo perches on its chair, watching while Mr E stands by the holotable currently showing a map of the city of Riverside.

"Our men are ready for that yes. I merely thought it would best for us to come up with a combined strategy for the fall of the city. With your leave Mister Zefir, may I present the plan for our forces?"

2. - Top - End - #62

Meeting Room

With Sargon in the meeting room Zefir won't leave.

"Sargon it sounds like you want to have the Merc attack befor the real attack starts, did I get that right?"
    To MrE he says. "Carry on."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #63

Meeting Room

"Indeed, and at the same time we're going to destroy the hunters hall in Eastside and the police station in Northside. This will weaken Riverside's defenses, leaving them vulnerable for the attack that will follow soon after. The idea is that we must pose as a invincible force before we offer them a chance to surrender. I'd prefer the city's infrastructure to remain as intact as possible should it fall into our hands." Sargon explains.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-03 at 05:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Meeting Room

"Alright then So, keeping that objective in mind, there are some other strongholds in the city that would be needed to deal with. One of the most pressing of these is the Lotus Gardens, given that is the center of power of the city's leader, a goddess. So because we would need get her to admit defeat to obtain victory, and the number of people capable of doing is limited, I suggest that we should increase our odds of beating her by damming the river, giving the Riverman more room to work with and limiting the defenders ability to consolidate themselves."

E presses a few buttons adjusting the image of the city, a line covers the blue line of the river flowing. A number of yellow circles also are drawn.

"These are other strongholds that we would need to put pressure on. Light's Heart, the old City Hall, the estate owned by an 'Empress', Malechenar Castle, and one of the most dangerous, Evolution Industries' buildings. I want volunteers to help lead those strike groups and those who will act as general pressure on the city itself. Go with what would best suit you, the more focus that you can do for the task the more efficient it will be."

5. - Top - End - #65

Meeting Room

"Hmm." Zefir says to Sargon. "We can't wait to long with that then. If they get enougth time they might call in support from outside. I would rather like it if the attack goes directly after we destroy these locations."

He then listens to Mr. E

"So if we attack MERC, hunters hal and the police it seems like one side will be missing. I would suggest to add something there, too. It will work in our favor."

6. - Top - End - #66

Meeting Room

"Yes, of all these strongholds light's heart must be taken out as quickly as possible. They know far too much about our strategies and weapons to be allowed to aid the city's defenses. I was going to take care of them myself, but that would mean I would have to divide our forces between East- and Northside." He looks over the image of the city. "The idea was that AMEN would focus on westside while my forces gate into the northen- and eastern parts of the city when we attack. The gating routes would be around lights heart and Malechenar castle." The demon king gestures at locations around the two strongholds. "Therefore, we would separate them from the rest of the city, and hopefully destroy them before the defenders even realize what is happening. An alternative would be to simply attempt to wipe out the fortress with a infernal attack, but I am worried that they might be able to defend against that." Sargon pauses.

"To clarify, this is an infernal." He gestures into the air, making a small blue image of a golem appear above the holographic city. "We gate them in above cities and let them fall where they do most damage. "We have some other prototypes, but the principle is the same. I was considering dropping them on lights heart and on Malechenar, and then attack the other strongholds while the city's defenders are busy dealing with them. We've yet to use them in the nexus as we've wanted to keep the technology hidden, preventing anyone from developing defenses against it.

Sargon then gestures at eastside.
    "As for Lotus gardens, I simply figured that part of the city would simply surrender once we taken over everything else. The way I understand it, this 'goddess' is strongest in the garden itself. If she goes outside its limits, she is weakened. That is true to a good number of 'gods'. Therefore, we won't fight on her turf, instead we will force her out of it if she wishes to aid the rest of the city, which she likely won't do as her priority is her own people and she won't leave them defenseless. Simply have a few minions poking around at the borders should be enough to keep her out of our hair, and if not, then at least she won't be as powerful as she is within her domain.

Evolution industries is more difficult to deal with, as I suspect that conventional tactics would likely fail. Perhaps simply bombing it with an prototype infernal would do. However, Westside is your territory, and you have more experience with dealing with them so feel free to propose better ideas."

He then points at southside. "Now, southside I did not want to get involved with, but if you have any ideas for it, I'd be glad to hear them."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-06 at 03:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Meeting Room

"Southside is a bit Tricky." Zefir says. "From what I heared it got two greater factions and a lot smaller once. There is still one person I would like to see dead."
    Zefir starts to make a mad face but he shakes his ehad to stay calm.
    "As for Evolution industries, I could help there, too. I still got the sheep squad, but that would need my attention so someone else would need to lead the MERC attack."

8. - Top - End - #68

Meeting Room

"I have something...that might be...able for that. ..I do have...agents to act...for me. I...can send a...number of them...that will be...to cripple that...location."

El Cuervo speaks while Mr E works the holotable to reflect the plan being set forth.

"Perhaps we could use Southside as a test for the project Sweetums was working on. From what he told me, its ready for a proving."

9. - Top - End - #69

Meeting Room

"I was going to simply offer Southside parts of East- and Westside in return for them doing nothing during the war. Of course, that only includes the largest faction. Not the smaller ones which I intended to help eradicate after the war." Sargon rubs his forehead. "As for evolution industires, I expect it to be one of the most difficult targets in the entire city, so make sure to have a concise plan how to deal with it. Their technology is so advanced that they could do pretty much anything, especially if that teleknetic mage gets involved.

Explain to me this project, though. I need to know all the details, including this 'god' of yours. Charon, was it?"
    The demon king looks skeptical.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-12 at 03:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

Meeting Room

Not much to add here. Zefirs player doesn#t really know Sweetums project while Zefir should at elast know of it.

11. - Top - End - #71

Meeting Room

Mr E pushs a button on the table, bring up a subimage on the holotable, that of what could be described as an army of orcs.

"Gathering an army. That was the project that Sweetums was working, it took a while for him to round enough troops up to have something worthwhile but now we have that.

As for trying to keep DC out of this, one of our best opinions is to set a distraction for him elsewhere. We don't have much of things that we can move from the base to deal with him."

12. - Top - End - #72

Meeting Room

"An army? An army of what exactly? I wasn't aware that AMEN had anything but these... 'humans'." Sargon remarks.

13. - Top - End - #73

Meeting Room

((Sorry I have no idea what Sweetums or E did. I can't tell anything as a player. so skip me for now.))

"Is there something we could lure him?" Zefir says. "Is there another part of Evolution Industry we could attack?"

((Still skipable))

14. - Top - End - #74

Meeting Room

(Sorry Zefir, this was something I had an idea for a while back and forgot about for months. It slipped my mind that I didn't mention it earlier.)

"Its an army of orcs, a race that enjoys destruction and misery being inflicted upon those lesser than themselves. Treacherous but with an inventive mind they tend to make good soldiers for those who have the right morals and ambitions.

As for luring in out, there is a set of Evolution Industry buildings in Inside, the tricky part there would be having a force strong enough to hold his attention for the time needed without weakening us too much in Riverside."

15. - Top - End - #75

Meeting Room

"I wouldn't want him to be there at all to be frank." Sargon remarks. "The less factions there, the better. I say we don't provoke him at all and wait for him to show up. If we simply attack the factions, and ignore civilians, there will be less of a chance for him to intervene. As I understand it, he doesn't particularly care for any of the factions of Riverside judging by a few statements about them taking weak actions against you during your last invasion. So I say we simply don't provoke him, just leave him be until he actually shows up. Then you can employ something which isn't a big army against him. A lone sniper would be far more effective in taking out a powerful individual like that." The demon king suggests. "Either way, when will you be ready to start the invasion?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-07-18 at 05:35 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

Meeting Room

"I understand what you mean, but this guy is tought." Zefir says. "I only know a few people that can fight on par with him."

17. - Top - End - #77

Meeting Room

"Well, that will work as a plan of attack. It shouldn't take more than a few days before we can strike at the three targets before the war."

Mr E sets the image, a map of planned death and destruction on the city of Riverside.

18. - Top - End - #78

Meeting Room

Sargon frowns, raising his hand. "Tone down the death and destruction aspect, that won't work here. Though there will certainly be a lot less of the city once we're done. But good, we'll strike in three days then." ((Not Real Life days)) He raises to his full length. "My people will be ready, make sure yours are."

19. - Top - End - #79

[Another Time, Another Main Room]

And here Tellysandra, Tina and Charon arrives.
    "Pull her into my room, I need to make some preparations for her." Tellysandra orders as she moves towards her room.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kharon follows.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

21. - Top - End - #81

Meeting Room

To Mr. E.

"Make all preperations needed and keep me up to date."

To the other AMEN members that might be here.

"You heared it. three days. get yourself ready. Grab gear and stuff you need for that fight."

22. - Top - End - #82

Meeting Room

Mr E salutes Zefir.

"As you command."

El Cuervo gets out of its chair and hops its out of the meeting room, heading for its ritual room to get ready.

23. - Top - End - #83

Meeting Room

Sargon turns around to leave, his two guards trailing after him like loyal dogs. But then he suddenly stops and turns around. "Yes, one last thing. Try to avoid civilian causalities. This will be far easier without them." He reminds them before disappearing out the door and the base.

[Another Time, Another Main Room]

Tina will be taken into the warlocks humble abode then. It is really not much to speak of consider she just moved in and haven't been able to put her personal touch on it, but she had set up some manacles on the wall. That's a normal thing to do, right?

"Lock her up." Tellysandra orders, gesturing at the chains. "I shall interrogate her, alone."

24. - Top - End - #84

Meeting Room

"We knew. Last thing we want is that parties outside of Riverside pop up." Zefir says and then turns to leave.
    "E! Follow me. I got something to talk with you."

25. - Top - End - #85

Meeting Room

"Alright sir."

Mr E turns to follow after Zefir, a bit nervous for failing to keep his boss up with some of the plans going on.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Another Main Room

Kharon obliges, whispering in Tina's ear: If you had come willingly, the pain you are about to experience would have probably been a great deal less.

He then leaves. On his canoe. Going somewhere.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground

Fettina has thankfully either exhausted herself or fainted from distress by this point, but she hangs limply from Charon's grip. There is an involuntary, unconscious shudder when he whispers his chilling reproach. Then she and Tellysandra are left to the strange woman's devices.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Meeting Room

"Alright sir."

Mr E turns to follow after Zefir, a bit nervous for failing to keep his boss up with some of the plans going on.
    Zefir's Office

Zefir will lead Mr. E here. A room Zefir knows.

"I am disapointed." He starts. "You kept such informations away from me. For what reason?"

((OOC: Did Zefir ask E a bit befor about siler or Dragonbone ? Thought we talked about that the other day.))

29. - Top - End - #89

Zefir's Office

Mr E rubs the back of his neck, reviewing his opinions.

"I forgot sir. I was originally just the intelligent agent, not the primary manager of the henchmen. So when the people in charge of that left, I had to take their duties on as well, and with the plans for the attack I was so busy that I didn't remember about it until Sweetums reported back in."

Mr E shudders, he knows that the cost of this sort of failure is pain, the lasting kind.

(They talked about it when the temple first floated over to AMEN, before the alliance and there might have been a fight.)

30. - Top - End - #90

Zefir's Office

Zefir eyes him as he speaks.
    "I see." he says. "Still this doesn't please me at all. You didn't told me that there has been someone watching over the henchman before. And remember I was also involved in taking care of them by reciving the plans from the other base."
    He stands up and walks around in the room. As he goes on he sounds like a director talking to a sudent that was send to him for punishment.
    "I understand if you haven't seen me as a leader, yet. I might go for some punishment, if that will make things clear, but I won't. You made your job mostly right and the comming war will need us in best state."
    Mr. E is not of the hook yet. Sad for Zefir there are no people in AMEN he could put a little trust in. Will it need a fight like Gordon and Illophen had to make his position clear? It's to late now and there are barly any members.

"So, Mr E what do you think about the plan and the demons? And how far is the collection we talked about?"