New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2017-05-31 at 09:31 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIII: Born Under a Certain Sign

Ah, the fresh air of a new thread.

So, something occurred to me. Are there any Khajiit citizens in any of the cities in Skyrim? Not counting the caravan members who happen to enter the cities sometimes. I cant seem to think of any.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    I believe that was partially dependent on when you got it... the low-level versions we're a bit more efficient than you could make with the spellmaker.

EDIT:
    New thread
    link

The lowest level version is equal to what you could make. The rest are terrible. The highest level ones even cost more than double.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Ah, the fresh air of a new thread.

So, something occurred to me. Are there any Khajiit citizens in any of the cities in Skyrim? Not counting the caravan members who happen to enter the cities sometimes. I cant seem to think of any.
    Not off the top of my head, no.

EDIT: J'Datharr works at the Windhelm Stables.

TBH, I am kinda disappointed in the lack of non-men children in Skyrim, too... I was half-tempted to start over AGAIN to play a Khajiit (as near as I can tell, the only race with abilities that can't be replicated through perks or other means), but the lack of Khajit children (and the amount I would have to re do) discouraged me.
    Last edited by LibraryOgre; 2017-05-31 at 10:29 AM.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Morrowind #7 is up!
    I hate teleportation. It's uncomfortable. You make the gestures, you can see the sparks rising around you, picking at you. Then the magic stretches you thin, and you have just enough time to wonder whether you might have cast the spell wrong, that only part of you will arrive at your destination, gasping like a beached fish. And I hate it because it's the most practical way to get around Morrowind. More practical than walking everywhere, anyway.

And now I find out that I can't even count on it getting me where I want to go on a regular basis. It was simple. Go to Marnassus, Punabi, Sulipund. Fight off the cliff racers on the way. (Stupidly aggressive bat-birds. What kind of hell-country is this, where you can't even walk down a road without fighting off thirty flying demons trying to eat your face?) Collect some Mage's guild fees, talk some other Ex-Telvanni into joining the Mage's guild. Pretty simple for a charming bard to appeal to them, had them eating out of my palm.

And then when I cast my Almsivi intervention to get back to Balmora for my report, I wound up at an entirely different temple. "Teleports you to the closest temple," my a**. Ald'Ruhn is way further out than Balmora, but guess where I landed?

I'd say that it's a lovely town, but I couldn't really say, since there was a dust storm practically the entire time I was there. What bits I managed to see amounted to homes in the same style as those dunmer ancestral tombs I've been busy robbing, plus a massive dome-shaped building up on the hill. The dome turned out to be a massive crab shell, which prompted all kinds of questions about what kind of monsters I needed to worry about in my travels. The local redoran council regarded me with suspicion, which I felt was completely unfair--after all, I'd only picked up the unattended gold in every house I'd been in.

The local Fighter's guild had no jobs for someone below Swordsman, but someone outside of the mage's guild asked me to go find his airship so he could get a magic amulet so he could pick up ladies. I agreed to find the airship, but privately I'm planning on taking the amulet for myself; after all, I don't need the help, but more is better, right?

Anyway. I'll probably grab a bed in the Mage's guild before asking around for jobs and making the long walk south. I have some business in Caldera that needs to be taken care of.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2017-05-31 at 10:57 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Is that the correct number? I could have sworn you'd already had a number 7.

Nope, just my brain broken I guess.

I think I was thinking of Finger being one of the good ones not the bad ones. Ah well.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-05-31 at 11:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    TBH, I am kinda disappointed in the lack of non-men children in Skyrim, too... I was half-tempted to start over AGAIN to play a Khajiit (as near as I can tell, the only race with abilities that can't be replicated through perks or other means), but the lack of Khajiit children (and the amount I would have to re do) discouraged me.
    I've noticed that what few mods there are to add beast children, the mods only add one each and they're all adoptable. No scattering of a few random kids here and there just for background like other children. No khajiit kids as part of the caravans, growing up into the trade...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I've been seeing a lot of updates for skywind, when is it set for release?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

The dome turned out to be a massive crab shell, which prompted all kinds of questions about what kind of monsters I needed to worry about in my travels.
    Don't worry, you'll never meet a living Emperor crab in the game.

Anyway. I'll probably grab a bed in the Mage's guild before asking around for jobs and making the long walk south.
    Since you've been using a Light spell, you might want to pick up Night Eye while you're in Ald'ruhn's Mage's Guildhall; in Morrowind, it's basically a better version of Light as Night Eye raises the ambient light level by the magnitude of the spell whereas Light makes the target into a light source which illuminates an area with a radius equal to the magnitude, and unlike in Oblivion you don't have to put up with a color filter while using it.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

If you're lucky you'll find a ring or amulet, so you don't have to keep casting it.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

Also make sure you use the right bed or it'll be a crime!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I've noticed that what few mods there are to add beast children, the mods only add one each and they're all adoptable. No scattering of a few random kids here and there just for background like other children. No khajiit kids as part of the caravans, growing up into the trade...
    There's this new mod, The Kids Are Alright, that says it 'adds over 20 new children and new children races...how many of them are Khajiit I'm unsure (there's at least 2 in one of the pictures). I considered using it but they all look a little too cute and anime-ish to fit in with my game so I stuck with RS children.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    There's this new mod, The Kids Are Alright, that says it 'adds over 20 new children and new children races...how many of them are Khajiit I'm unsure (there's at least 2 in one of the pictures). I considered using it but they all look a little too cute and anime-ish to fit in with my game so I stuck with RS children.
    Id probably go with "creepy doll faces" over "cute" but that's just me. Some of them look like they took from some adult female follower mods and little to no work making them look like actual children. Raises a few uncomfortable questions in my mind.
    I used to live in a world of terrible beauty, and then the beauty left.
    Dioxazine purple.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Magic powered Ice Machine Gun? I'll take two. And yet, it's still not so crazy fun as calling down lightning.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    There's Shavari, in Riften. Not particularly good representation for her species. And J'zargo in the College, if you count that as part of a city.

But now you mention it - no, it seems the khajiit race as a whole is exceptionally adventurous. There are the trade caravans, and quite a few khajiit you'll encounter in various dungeons, but almost none in the cities.
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Well, they do say that they are banned from Nord cities on accounts of the Nords thinking them to be thieves.

17. - Top - End - #17

Steepfall Burrow, Heartfire 11
    The last few days are... hazy. I remember reaching Dimhollow Crypt, and fighting through a group of vampires to reach what they were looking for, but then. Was it a woman? Yes, it was a woman, trapped in the crypt, she asked me to take her home, to a castle far out to the northwest. That's why I'm all the way out here. Was she a vampire? I think I remember that, but it's all patchy, like waking from a vivid dream. All I know for certain is I can't return to that castle.

I found a letter in my belongings, from Falk Firebeard, the steward of Solitude, asking me to return. It's a matter regarding the necromantic ritual I disrupted before. Maybe I can get my thoughts back in order while I head that way.

Solitude, Heartfire 12
    Firebeard told me that the spectre of Potema had indeed been summoned by the ritual I had disrupted, but left unbound. He asked me to speak with the local priest of Arkay to come up with a plan.

The plan was simple, I needed to fight through Potema's undead minions and recover her remains, to be consecrated and thus protected from necromancy. Potema was operating out of some old, sealed off catacombs in Solitude, which she ruled in life. She was a powerful necromancer, and a member of the old line of emperors, her political maneuverings as harmful as her magicks. Dawnbreaker in hand, I entered the catacombs where her minions broke through to attack the temple of the Imperial Cult.

Without physical form her power was limited, but still she was able to send many undead minions against me as I approached her sanctum. With Dawnbreaker's power their numbers were a liability, her strongest champion was rendered impotent when one of her lesser minions exploded into a burst of light that engulfed the room. She had already spent most of her power along with her minions when I had reached the chamber where her remains were interred. I banished her spectre back to whatever realm her kind inhabit after death and took her bones back to the Hall of the Dead, where the proper burial rites will make sure she never comes back again.

Falk thanked me, promising me no matter what side I supported in the wars that ravaged Skyrim that I was a hero of Solitude. He rewarded me with a powerful magic shield bearing the wolf-crest of the city.

Rannveig's Fast, Heartfire 13
    My journey back south took me through Cold Rock Pass. When I emerged, I discovered a nordic ruin, and around it were several ghosts. They attacked me on sight, protesting that they were being forced to do so as they did. Something very wrong was going on here. The spectres were soon dispelled by my magic sword, and I resolved to find what was doing this and end it.

I encountered a handful more spirits as I explored the ruin. When I rounded a corner into a large chamber, I saw a large, ornamented chest straight ahead. Realising that the ghosts seemed a lot more... modern than the ruins, I only smirked when I spotted the trapdoor.

Taking a side passage leading down, I found the source of the ghosts, a necromancer in his laboratory below the trap. I charged straight at him and ran him through with my scimitar, before striking off his head. he left a journal... it was sickening to read his delight in torturing the living and enslaving their souls. Good riddance.

The weather has turned particularly hostile. I don't think I'll be travelling far, not in the next couple of days at least.

Fort Dawnguard, Heartfire 16
    I returned to find Fort Dawnguard under attack by a small group of vampires. The hunters here killed them easily, but this is unlikely to be the last time. I told Isran what little I learned from my last expedition. he sees a great threat brewing, and has asked me to recruit two of his past associates into our organization. Sorine Jurard, an expert in dwarven machinery, investigating a site in The Reach, and Gunmar, a beast tamer, who could be anywhere in Skyrim.

The Reach, Heartfire 20
    I've located Jurard, in the middle of nowhere in the Reach. after I helped her find her lost gear she agreed to hear what Isran has to say. They apparently had quite the falling out in the past. I've heard nothing of Gunmar in my travels.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Re: Khajiit, their homeland is also on the opposite side of Tamriel.

I'd like to add Tsavani to the list, although given that she lives at the Thalmor Embassy she might not strictly count.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    Id probably go with "creepy doll faces" over "cute" but that's just me. Some of them look like they took from some adult female follower mods and little to no work making them look like actual children. Raises a few uncomfortable questions in my mind.
    Unfortunately, I think most child mods just look like creepy dolls. Feels like they just create a normal adult race, but shrink them down, enlarge the eyes and squish the face. I do like that the mod I linked changes the children to look more unique than RS children, but I dont like that some of the faces look a bit deformed (in an effort to look "cute" ), and how clean they look, especially that hair. I'm not sure Skyrim kids should look like they just stepped out of a shampoo commercial.

Really wish Dreamburrow released her(?) kids she made or overhauled. Unfortunately I can't even find the images for them anymore, I think they were taken down off the nexus. They were fantastic.

3DS friend code: 0748-2783-1667
    Mii name: Sajiri

Ruya avatar by me!
    My Tumblr (more active than Deviantart these days)
    My DeviantART
    (It's mostly old art)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sajiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    It's not a bad mod... like, great that it makes a good attempt at several different looking kids (weird that FO3 beats skyrim on varying the look of kids). I think a little dirt on their faces and clothes would fix the 'doll-like' issue. Kids get messy. I can see how the faces get creepy though. I think it's the eyes. They got the same weird stares and hard-colored eyes lacking eyelids as adults do.

Still, I'd give this a try.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, a problem of the face mods. And texture mods.

22. - Top - End - #22

Oblivion and Morrowind Game of the Year editions are on Sale on GOG. Morrowind includes Daggerfall and Arena, too.
    The Cranky Gamer

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

And it's the GOTY deluxe edition of Oblivion. Meaning it also includes the housing, Orrery, and Horse Armor, instead of the one that just had Knights and Shivering Isle.

24. - Top - End - #24

So, I've been playing Arena at work, because I have a ****TON of time. My Nord Bard is having some trouble, though.

What builds do y'all suggest?
    The Cranky Gamer

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Honestly I never got out of the opening dungeon. Even following a map.

Urgh. Okay, so... when I attempt to start a new Morrowind game, it throws up an error message and won't let me click on anything to get rid of it. Anyone know how to get through that? (Something about a function running to excess or something.)
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-06-03 at 11:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Urgh. Okay, so... when I attempt to start a new Morrowind game, it throws up an error message and won't let me click on anything to get rid of it. Anyone know how to get through that? (Something about a function running to excess or something.)
    Have you successfully started games on this install of Morrowind in the past? If yes, it sounds like something got corrupted, in which case you probably need to reinstall the game (you might try deleting old savegame files first, though I seem to recall savegame-related bugs popping up mostly with overwriting a specific save file repeatedly over the life of a character), or maybe you're having a mod issue (especially if your mod list has changed since the last time you played). If no, I'd consider running the game in a virtual PC, in compatibility mode, or with administrative privileges before messing around with mods or doing a reinstall.

Also, a dumb way which might get you past the error messages: hit 'escape' or 'enter' once (or several times). Sometimes the keyboard shortcuts work even when you can't normally click on things. Another dumb way is that sometimes bringing up the task manager and switching to the process/application, or stopping the process for the error message (if it's separate from the game), can push the system past the error. I suspect, though, that an error message claiming that a function is "running to excess" is indicative of a problem which would lead to the game crashing shortly even if you could get it past the error messages; "running to excess" sounds like an inescapable loop issue or an interrupt triggering too often.

27. - Top - End - #27

Raven Rock, Heartfire 24
    I've travelled across the water to Solstheim. I will admit, I felt some apprehension after last time, but I've heard a rumor that a Nord beast-tamer had travelled this way, and I have no better lead. It's late, so I've rented a room at the Retching Netch for the night.

Solstheim, Heartfire 25
    I awoke... somewhere else. I was carving at some half-finished stone monument. It felt like I was dreaming, and I assumed I was up until a robed man lashed me in the back with fire magic. He didn't have long to realise his mistake after that.

I found myself in inland Solstheim, near a old nord hall inhabited by small, goblin-like creatures. With broken Cyrodillic they asked me for help, and, hoping to find some clue as to what in the world just happened, I went along with it, recovering a lost beast and collecting some odd red grass, up until they asked me to help attack a camp of Nords. I balked at this, and decided to leave.

While looking for that grass I ran into Gunmar. He was hunting a bear that had killed some people, and after I helped bring it down he agreed to meet Isran. Another falling out. I guess Isran tends to push people away, I wonder how long this new Dawnguard can stay together in that case.

A dust storm has blown in. Much as I'd like to avoid camping out on this island, I can't keep going today. I hope I wake up where I go to sleep this time. This is worrying.

Solstheim, Heartfire 26
    Well, I woke up in my own camp, that's a good start. Whatever happened that night warrants further investigation, but for now I just want to leave. I should focus on my task at hand, anyway. I'll make my way back to Raven Rock, and back to Fort Dawnguard.

Fort Dawnguard, Heartfire 27
    Gunmar and Sorine have joined the Dawnguard, Gunmar is a smith, and is training battle-trolls. Sorine's an expert with crossbow mechanisms. But they weren't the only new arrivals at Fort Dawnguard. Serana was here. She explained her purpose in coming here: Her father, Harkon Volkihar, was obsessed with an obscure prophecy, one where vampires would control the Sun. She and her mother weren't keen on the idea, or rather with the open war with all of Tamriel, so they fled, taking key pieces relating to the prophecy with them. That's why Serana was trapped in a cave, and had a scroll, an Elder Scroll with her. She came here with it, too.

We need to understand that scroll. We can't read it ourselves, but a Moth Priest, who can, has been seen in Skyrim. We need to track him down. Serana is travelling with me. Not ideal, but she can't exactly stay in Fort Dawnguard. Isran might just kill her out of hand.

Dragon Bridge, Frostfall 2
    We took a meandering path across Skyrim, asking any likely person for leads regarding the Priest, taking on other work as we went. Eventually we found he was heading to Dragon Bridge. As we approached, we found a destroyed wagon. Examining the wreckage, this was our Moth Priest, and he was abducted to a nearby cave by Harkon's vampires. A trail of blood lead us to the place.

We crept in and observed the situation. An entire, crumbling fortress was hidden in this large cave. I could see our enemies were scattered and not great in number. Knowing this, I drew Dawnbreaker and charged. Thanks to Dawnbreaker's power, their resistance was minimal. A flash of light that consumed one of his minions robbed their leader of his power, so even he couldn't effectively fight back.

The lead vampire had trapped the Priest in a magical cell while he tried to enthrall him. He was close, the priest attacked us when we released him, but he soon broke free. Dexion Evicus is his name. He's going to travel to Fort Dawnguard to help us, and for his own safety.

Travelling with Serana has so far been entirely amicable. It still does make me uneasy, but we need her help, and there is no safe place for her to be, Volkihar's vampires are searching for her, and the scroll. More the scroll than her, it seems.

Fort Dawnguard, Frostfall 5
    We took a roundabout way back to Fort Dawnguard, following up a lead on a magic weapon along the way, so when we arrived Dexion was already here and prepared for the reading. Serana gave him her scroll. What he saw in it largely echoed what Serana told us of Harkon's prophecy.
    "Among the night's children, a dread lord will rise". In an age of strife, when dragons return to the realm of men, darkness will mingle with light and the night and day will be as one."
    But there was more. He saw a vision of the legendary bow of Auriel, and also learned that there was more to the prophecy, hidden in two more scrolls.
    Serana thinks her mother knows where the second scroll might be. But she has long gone into hiding. The parts of Castle Volkihar she used to frequent have been sealed off, so Serana thinks we can get in unseen, and look for a clue as to where she went.

Jurard and Gunmar told me of another former associate, Florentius Baenius, an eccentric priest of Arkay. They think we need his help, but of course he had an acrimonious split with Isran in the past. Nevertheless, Isran has agreed. He was last seen heading to an antiquarian dig site north of here. It's a heck of a lot closer than Castle Volkihar, so that will be our first stop along the way.

Ruunvald, Frostfall 6
    Well, that was altogether unpleasant. This was an excavation managed by the Vigilants of Stendarr, but they all fell under the thrall of an elf sorcerer. I had to fight my way through a dozen good men before I found the witch. When I felled her with my crossbow, her remaining thralls fell dead, so at least it seems those Vigilants were beyond saving.

Florentius was trapped in a cage. He still has his wits, such as they are, and has agreed to join the Dawnguard at the fort. Eccentric may be an understatement. With Jurard and Gunmar there he'll be fine, so we'll continue towards the northwest tomorrow.

Mzinchaleft, Frostfall 7
    We've stopped at Mzinchaleft, the dwarf ruin that Mjoll told me about, where she nearly died and lost her sword Grimsever. A group of bandits were camped outside and attacked as we approached, but we cut through them easily. We set up our own camp to rest and prepare before heading in. I've heard about these places, but never explored one myself. What I've heard is that they're full of sophisticated traps and other deadly machines. This is probably exaggerated, since people used to live here and who wants to live in a place where stumbling home after a big night means risking being shredded by whirling death traps, but I'll be sure to watch my step all the same.

Windpeak Inn, Frostfall 8
    That went well. There were still some bandits inside, apparently no one noticed the commotion outside or had any inclination to brave the cold. They were swept aside easily. The machines... I can't say I was expecting them to be ambulatory. Some moved like bugs, others stood like men but upon wheels instead of legs. Made of metal, so I chose to use my crossbow rather than ruin my blade. Quite effective, especially with the old dwarven ammunition that some of the machines used with crossbows of their own. The crossbow proved equally effective at slaying more of the pale goblins that are all to common under this land.

The final chamber held a final machine, this one shaped as a man and as tall as a giant. It looked fearsome, but it was an ungainly beast, and attacked with a breath of searing steam. It was riddled with crossbow bolts before I hit something important and it stopped moving. Serana took the brunt of it's breath, but recovered quickly. I found a magical two-handed sword in the same room, alongside a norse shield. I think this is Grimsever. I'll return it to Mjoll next time I'm heading back to the fort.

There was a way back to the surface nearby. We emerged with just enough daylight left to reach Dawnstar before night. We'll strike out west tomorrow, towards Solitude and Castle Volkihar.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't happen until I tried to add the Sound and Graphics Overhaul. Uninstalled it and deleted the folder. I'll reinstall and play without instead.

Aaaannnd Skyrim needs a reinstall. Can't start a new game with RAS, because it crashes after a minute or so with a Visual C++ error, and the vanilla start sees the carriage not only freak out by rolling over at speed, but at one point the entire thing rotated 360 degrees around the horse, and then unloaded us into one of the walls and prevented Lokir from being arrowed. At least it was amusing. (Can continue old games, but can't start new and I don't want to record any further than I already have because it's way too far ahead.)
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-06-03 at 08:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

The Winking Skeever, Frostfall 10
    After we broke camp, we approached the High Gate ruins, drawn by signs of recent fighting. Investigating, we found several more recently killed draugr before we caught up with the party responsible: Anska, a Nord wizard. She was here looking for a scroll that could prove her family's ancestry back to the ancient nord king Ysgramor. We assisted her in this endeavor, as she feared a Dragon Priest buried here might be too much for her to handle. Dawnbreaker put many undead draugr back to rest. The priest did prove a powerful foe when we met him in his chamber, I had to fall back after being battered by his magic, but Serana and Anska were able to hold their own while I recovered and then returned to finish the job with Dawnbreaker.

Anska found her scroll, and we parted ways amicably. We then travelled the rest of the way to Solitude without incident.

Castle Volkihar, Frostfall 11
    Meeko's gone. I lost track of him in the chaos of a fight and haven't seen him since. I don't hold high hopes for his survival. Goodbye boy. You were a good friend.

Serana and I... and Meeko reached Castle Volkihar and snuck around to the side entrance Serana told me about. Some lesser undead guarded the way, but were no real threat. We passed through the castle undercroft to reach the courtyard. It was trashed and overgrown. Serana was distressed by the sight, but was still able to notice the unusual state of the "moondial" centrepiece. Sure enough, we discovered it concealed a staircase. Serana and I began to make our way through the old, abandoned parts of the castle it led to when I realized Meeko was no longer with us. I checked back the way we came, but no sign.

Well, we made our way through the old halls. More undead, and gargoyles too, stood in our way, but nothing we couldn't handle. We found Serana's mother's chambers, and a hidden door opened to a secret laboratory. We need to search this place, but I'm exhausted and need to rest. Even though we're indoors with a burning fireplace, I think tonight is going to feel particularly cold.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's not a bad mod... like, great that it makes a good attempt at several different looking kids (weird that FO3 beats skyrim on varying the look of kids). I think a little dirt on their faces and clothes would fix the 'doll-like' issue. Kids get messy. I can see how the faces get creepy though. I think it's the eyes. They got the same weird stares and hard-colored eyes lacking eyelids as adults do.

Still, I'd give this a try.
    I mean, they could be worse.

They could all look like this graphical glitch I got a few years back.