New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls XIII: Born Under a Certain Sign

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    Not to mention Jiub in Dawnguard.
    Forgot about him, my bad. Sheogorath: never played Shivering Isles, but to my mind the guy is an immortal Daedra even if someone else took over the role, and of course immortal characters will tend to show up again. Shadowmere is the same sort of thing--he's an immortal spirit thing. Neloth and Lucien Lachance I don't remember from the earlier games, so I'll take the word of the thread they're holdovers.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Forgot about him, my bad. Sheogorath: never played Shivering Isles, but to my mind the guy is an immortal Daedra even if someone else took over the role, and of course immortal characters will tend to show up again. Shadowmere is the same sort of thing--he's an immortal spirit thing. Neloth and Lucien Lachance I don't remember from the earlier games, so I'll take the word of the thread they're holdovers.
    A primer on him: en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Neloth
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lucien is the guy who recruits you into the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. Neloth is a mage from Morrowind. House Telvanni.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

4. - Top - End - #634
    Bugbear in the Playground

Master Neloth is the Telvanni Lord of Tel Naga, the great Telvanni tower of Sadrith Mora in Morrowind.

Lucien Lachance is the Speaker of the Black Hand who recruits you into the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion. Lucien Lachance, together with Antoinetta Marie (another member of Lucien's chapter of the Dark Brotherhood), may also be an obscure reference to a pair of notes which can be found in Bloodmoon, one of which was written by "Antoinette" to inform "Borogon" that "Jacques" had hidden some treasure in the Fjell ice cave and that "Lucian" had already been informed, and the other of which was written by "Jacques" to "Lucian" and indicates that Lucian (and Jacques) would be in Cyrodiil in what might be presumed to be the near future.

5. - Top - End - #635

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Lucien Lachance is the Speaker of the Black Hand who recruits you into the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion.
    Given I stopped playing Oblivion around the time I hit level 20 because I was sick of the broken level scaling system, probably not surprising I never met the guy.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Given I stopped playing Oblivion around the time I hit level 20 because I was sick of the broken level scaling system, probably not surprising I never met the guy.
    You managed to make it to level 20 without murdering anybody? dang.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

I've made it even farther, it's just a matter of it not being fun.

Of courses if you toss in Obscuro's, even vanilla leveling is 'fixed'.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ogre in the Playground

I simply wouldn't play OB without OOO.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by veti View Post
    Is there any history of ES characters doing that? Apart from gods (and daedric princes) the only examples I can think of are Master Neloth and, possibly, Ma'iq the Liar, though come to think of it he probably is some kind of daedric prince...
    A convenient list.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    !!! Nice! I'd forgotten about Dervenin. And a number of the rest I didn't realize were cameos! I am a little surprised they included the Daedric Princes but didn't include the Ideal Masters (though I guess the latter could easily be different individuals and just the same...race/species/whatever they would be when they're all giant crystals).

11. - Top - End - #641
    Orc in the Playground

Speaking of characters turning up in sequels, are there any cameos from Oblivion that happen in Beyond Skyrim: Bruma?

If you can, I'd love an answer without too many spoilers; I'm guessing no-one that appears would be alive, but I guess there were a few Mer around the Bruma area who COULD still be alive.
    Tales from the Trashcan

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

The more I play with Ordinator and Apocalypse the more I find to love. Ordinator has a perk that makes all novice spells cost nothing. This includes things such as Waterstride and Longstride from Apocalypse. Meaning I can sprint along the waterways of Skyrim with no risk of being eaten by slaughterfish. Or turn myself into a permanently active flamethrower.

On the other hand, Power of the Master lets you cast self-targeting spells on summons, such as turning my Flame Atronach into a mobile candlelight. Which is hilarious.
    Last edited by Triaxx; 2017-08-20 at 06:49 AM.
    I am trying out LPing. Check out my channel here: Triaxx2

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

Headcanon: Hermaeus Mora got the knowledge from the Chief, but the telvanni wizard was right in a way. The knowledge was largely useless to him because neither he nor his servants could use it.

Alternate Headcanon: Mora was after the knowledge because that's what he does rather than to acquire more power.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Alternate Headcanon: Mora was after the knowledge because that's what he does rather than to acquire more power.
    I thought that was pretty much the official canon. Mora is all about secrets, so anything that's kept from him becomes obsessively interesting to him for that reason alone, regardless of such tawdry questions as "utility".
    "None of us likes to be hated, none of us likes to be shunned. A natural result of these conditions is, that we consciously or unconsciously pay more attention to tuning our opinions to our neighbor’s pitch and preserving his approval than we do to examining the opinions searchingly and seeing to it that they are right and sound." - Mark Twain

15. - Top - End - #645

BlackDragon

Yeah, I agree. Mora doesn't care what anyone knows or what utility their knowledge has, so long as he also has that knowledge. Heck, I'm sure you could keep your mom's secret apple pie recipe from him and he'd be willing to kill you to get it.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh wow. Dragon's Priest Mask combos with Master of Arms so good. Pulled out the top four equipment of my graveyard onto the Master. Having them all doubled onto the Gardener of Swords was just gravy. And the opponent just summoned Alduin to mess up my field, too.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2017-08-21 at 06:29 PM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I agree. Mora doesn't care what anyone knows or what utility their knowledge has, so long as he also has that knowledge. Heck, I'm sure you could keep your mom's secret apple pie recipe from him and he'd be willing to kill you to get it.
    I wonder if Mora pursues fanfiction with such intensity?

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Even Daedric Princes have at least a little good sense.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Firbolg in the Playground

He's only into tentacle fanfiction.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

20. - Top - End - #650

The tentacled mass hovered over Camilla's bed, quietly oozing as it stared at her. It'd loomed there for ten minutes already, ever since she blew the candle out and realized that it wasn't normal darkness in the corner. Lucan steadfastly refused to wake from his sleep, and something told her the sleep was more than natural. She whimpered, pulled the sheets closer to her chin, and demanded, "What is it you want?"

"Do you recall your opus,
    The Red Mountain of Passion?" The words were in her mind without apparently ever passing her ears. They oozed into her consciousness like the polished prattle of a conman with an easy mark.

Camilla sat up. "The Nerevarine/Dagoth Ur shipfic? Yeah, but things have been hectic, and Lucan won't stop fussing about the lost claw. I haven't had time to write."

"It has been two years since your last update."

"...I know."

"You left on a cliff hanger."

"I'm sorry."

"You WILL finish. Tomorrow, my servant will arrive and fix your problems with the claw. In exchange..."

Camilla gulped. "I understand."

And with that, Hermaeus Mora was gone.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2017-08-21 at 10:34 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

21. - Top - End - #651

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    The tentacled mass hovered over Camilla's bed, quietly oozing as it stared at her. It'd loomed there for ten minutes already, ever since she blew the candle out and realized that it wasn't normal darkness in the corner. Lucan steadfastly refused to wake from his sleep, and something told her the sleep was more than natural. She whimpered, pulled the sheets closer to her chin, and demanded, "What is it you want?"

The Red Mountain of Passion?" The words were in her mind without apparently ever passing her ears. They oozed into her consciousness like the polished prattle of a conman with an easy mark.

Camilla sat up. "The Nerevarine/Dagoth Ur shipfic? Yeah, but things have been hectic, and Lucan won't stop fussing about the lost claw. I haven't had time to write."

"...I know."

"I'm sorry."

"You WILL finish. Tomorrow, my servant will arrive and fix your problems with the claw. In exchange..."

That's why she's so anxious for something to be done when you walk in--she's afraid that the servant of Mora won't be coming and she doesn't want to suffer the consequences of crossing...whatever it is she saw and "heard."

Excellent.
    Last edited by Temotei; 2017-08-21 at 11:33 PM.
    Homebrew
    Please feel free to PM me any thoughts on my homebrew (or comment in the thread if it's not too old).

22. - Top - End - #652
    Troll in the Playground

"...I know."

"I'm sorry."

Now some things begin to make sense. Like the real use of the bend will shout, what Mora meant when he said "Miraak would have found a way to get me what I want", the wording of the black books, and why Miraak wanted out...
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2017-08-21 at 11:52 PM.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

The tentacled mass...
    This would be a definite candidate for liking posts if we had that ability.
    Last edited by Caelestion; 2017-08-22 at 03:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #654

Now some things begin to make sense. Like the real use of the bend will shout, what Mora meant when he said "Miraak would have found a way to get me what I want", the wording of the black books, and why Miraak wanted out...
    hello yes I'd like to sign on for fifteen seasons of this

Miraak is the one who, when he hears an agonized bellow from Mora's room, knows exactly how long he has left before Mora bursts in ranting about what one writer or another did in their latest story. Mora will read all kinds of fanfiction, but he eats and breathes shipping. He often asks potential heroes about their ship choices, and will casually destroy any who aren't smart enough to also favor the OTP.

(Incidentally, a loading screen in Skyrim tells us that since dragon breath attacks are words, a dragon battle is a fierce verbal debate. What they don't tell us is what the dragons are arguing about. Early humans watched these battles in awe and built an entire religion around them. The dragons are only too glad to be in a new age because it means nobody ever needs to know that an entire cult was based on one dragon not liking another's shipping choices.)

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestion View Post
    This would be a definite candidate for liking posts if we had that ability.
    Oh, sure, write a few paragraphs for every LP episode to almost no comment, but it's the little dribble ficlet I wrote when I should have been restocking the fridges that gets the like. Still, thanks.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2017-08-22 at 04:44 AM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone knows that you do your best work when you're actually being paid to do real work. :p
    Last edited by Caelestion; 2017-08-22 at 05:26 AM.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

"...I know."

"I'm sorry."

Oh, bravo. That's worth a cookie, at least.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    Oh wow. Dragon's Priest Mask combos with Master of Arms so good. Pulled out the top four equipment of my graveyard onto the Master. Having them all doubled onto the Gardener of Swords was just gravy. And the opponent just summoned Alduin to mess up my field, too.
    What kind of deck are you running Dragon Priest Mask in? I was toying around with the idea of running it as a 1 or 2-of in an Item Sorcerer deck, but I'm not confident it'd be worth it.
    Add me on Steam!
    Steam ID: tfblackdrop

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #658

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdrop View Post
    What kind of deck are you running Dragon Priest Mask in? I was toying around with the idea of running it as a 1 or 2-of in an Item Sorcerer deck, but I'm not confident it'd be worth it.
    Probably a variant of Item Sorcerer. Something like this, though I'm not sure of exact lists because it's so rare to face in ranked past rank 5 that I've never seen the full deck in play.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #659
    Ogre in the Playground

"...I know."

"I'm sorry."

Second that this needs a like/cookie. I don't like Hermaeus Mora; he's callous and he murdered that old Skaal fellow for giving him the info he wanted (seriously Mora! That is not how you get the mortals to bring you new knowledge!). But I've read enough good fanfics that stopped halfway through that if he went and haunted fanfiction writers until they finished their work, I might be willing to reconsider that stance.

EDIT: And now I'm wondering if Writer's Block could be a sort of Daedra roaming Apocrypha and what it would look like. o.o
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2017-08-22 at 04:44 PM.

30. - Top - End - #660
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdrop View Post
    I don't, actually. Got it randomly off of Battlemage's Onslaught. Which I have been exceptionally happy with as a singleton in my Item Battlemage.
    Last edited by tonberrian; 2017-08-23 at 12:24 AM.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.