New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frozen 2

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Frozen 2

I don't see a thread for this yet, but Frozen 2's teaser was released:

It seems to be a lot more action-y than I'd expected but I wouldn't say no to a Disney Princess Avengers.

And the animation is gorgeous.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Frozen 2

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    I don't see a thread for this yet, but Frozen 2's teaser was released:

It seems to be a lot more action-y than I'd expected but I wouldn't say no to a Disney Princess Avengers.

And the animation is gorgeous.
    I have three questions:

1. What is the plot? Like, I don't need a full-on explanation, but.... something would be nice. Cuz right now all I have is a bunch of them walking around and a few action scenes. Nice action scenes, I guess, but nothing of real substance.

2. Why is Elsa not ruling? She's the Queen, isn't she? So why does this trailer give me the impression that she isn't ruling? Or did she abdicate for Anna?

3. How did Anna draw Christoph's sword from that angle? Seriously that just looks...awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I have three questions:

1. What is the plot? Like, I don't need a full-on explanation, but.... something would be nice. Cuz right now all I have is a bunch of them walking around and a few action scenes. Nice action scenes, I guess, but nothing of real substance.

2. Why is Elsa not ruling? She's the Queen, isn't she? So why does this trailer give me the impression that she isn't ruling? Or did she abdicate for Anna?

3. How did Anna draw Christoph's sword from that angle? Seriously that just looks...awkward.
    I have no real answers to any of your questions, but I do have a theory for #1: They are going to look for their parents. The way Elsa kept charging at the ocean makes me think that they are going to try to cross it so they can try to find out what happened to them. Elsa is likely trying to find a way to quell the waves with her magic so she can save them if the ocean becomes to rough while they are sailing.

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

I'm sure all over the world there are people groaning about this. It was going to happen. I don't think any company could have a property that big on their table and not use it. I liked Frozen. I also don't have tiny people in my house forcing me to rewatch it 1000 times like I forced my parents with 101 dalmatians when I was a kid.

It looks like Elsa is doing what her parents should have been having her do all her life. Train to use her magic. Although there are probably safer ways than this. I can't tell exactly what's going on here. Pink heart shaped rings over fire... Is that Hans getting thrown into the air by a gust of wind? I can't seem to pause on a frame with his face. But that girl doesn't look like Anna. Our hero's from the first film appear to be traveling though the wilderness and there is a strong focus on it being autumn.

I'm not terribly familiar with the fairy tale Frozen was inspired from. I could comb through that for hints... or I could wildly and blindly speculate. Yeah that sounds fun. Ummmm... there are other kids with nature powers themed around the seasons. Maybe one of them accidentally apocalypsed the world just like Else did in the first movie and they are off trying to investigate since they have first hand experience.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    I have no real answers to any of your questions, but I do have a theory for #1: They are going to look for their parents. The way Elsa kept charging at the ocean makes me think that they are going to try to cross it so they can try to find out what happened to them. Elsa is likely trying to find a way to quell the waves with her magic so she can save them if the ocean becomes to rough while they are sailing.
    Elsa isn't equipped to do that and it looks like she's just training. Why? I have no clue as she was insanely powerful in the first movie, but freezing the ocean is a terrible idea in storm as you'd have to freeze so much water around you so as not to be crushed by moving ice that you'd freeze your ship in the process.

I mean, them finding their parents makes at least some sense, but they seem to just be wandering through the wilderness so I don't think thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    I'm sure all over the world there are people groaning about this. It was going to happen. I don't think any company could have a property that big on their table and not use it. I liked Frozen. I also don't have tiny people in my house forcing me to rewatch it 1000 times like I forced my parents with 101 dalmatians when I was a kid.

It looks like Elsa is doing what her parents should have been having her do all her life. Train to use her magic. Although there are probably safer ways than this. I can't tell exactly what's going on here. Pink heart shaped rings over fire... Is that Hans getting thrown into the air by a gust of wind? I can't seem to pause on a frame with his face. But that girl doesn't look like Anna. Our hero's from the first film appear to be traveling though the wilderness and there is a strong focus on it being autumn.

I'm not terribly familiar with the fairy tale Frozen was inspired from. I could comb through that for hints... or I could wildly and blindly speculate. Yeah that sounds fun. Ummmm... there are other kids with nature powers themed around the seasons. Maybe one of them accidentally apocalypsed the world just like Else did in the first movie and they are off trying to investigate since they have first hand experience.
    Its based on Hans Christen Andersen's Snow Queen story, but only very superficially, as there is no troll or magical mirror and those are kind of important.

Really there's just a bunch of random images with very little context. Also I don't like her training. It just feels...really specific. Like, why is running on water with ice something you're training for? Just freeze the bloody thing and walk on the walkway you just made. And refrain from doing it on a storm tossed ocean.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2019-02-13 at 08:53 PM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

So this sequel will come out 6 years or so after the first one. If you were 5 then you will be 11 now, so I think it is natural to have a little more action in it even if it remains a child musical.

Just like Avatar the Last Airbender came out in 2005 and had a 12 year old protagonist so when its sequel / spin-off came out in 2012 it had a 17 year old protagonist and Korra was 21 at the end of the show (2014), which is 9 years after Airbender came out and 12+9=21.

A similar principle happened with the Harry Potter books, but I do not like speaking of the dark side.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Just freeze the bloody thing and walk on the walkway you just made. And refrain from doing it on a storm tossed ocean.
    She tried that, turns out when you try that on a roiling sea instead of a placid harbor your walkway just gets dashed to pieces.

And isn't the point of training to push against your limits instead of consoling yourself that you can still do the same thing you always could? Putting aside the fact that in the first movie Elsa was an emotional wreck lashing out with her powers as a manifestation of that, while here she's practicing their conscious application.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

This is just a teaser. It just exists to generate buzz and get people talking. The actual plot won't be touched upon until the first full trailer is released.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So I saw Frozen through bit's and pieces, and never as a single coherent movie. Based on elements I am seeing in this movie, I may actually make time to watch this one.

I liked that training montage. It looked cool.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    She tried that, turns out when you try that on a roiling sea instead of a placid harbor your walkway just gets dashed to pieces.

And isn't the point of training to push against your limits instead of consoling yourself that you can still do the same thing you always could? Putting aside the fact that in the first movie Elsa was an emotional wreck lashing out with her powers as a manifestation of that, while here she's practicing their conscious application.
    That wasn't rolling, that was an active storm surf. My point about that is the fact that she isn't [ushing herself. Everything in that scene is like...10-20% of what she can do. Raw power was never Elsa's issue, control was, and she seemed to have that once she got her emotions under control if the tiny snow cloud is anything to go by.

Really her training should be trying to do little things, like freezing buckets of water without breaking them, because that would be her trying to learn fine control.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    This is just a teaser. It just exists to generate buzz and get people talking. The actual plot won't be touched upon until the first full trailer is released.
    I understand what a teaser is for, but what are we gonna talk about? How nice the autumn leaves look? (TBH they do look nice, but that isnt my point) Like, can I get a shot of the villain? That would generate a ton of buzz.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Huh.

Honestly, I saw Frozen and thought it was ok. Nothing I'd want to see again. I enjoyed the rather blatantly shooting down of love at first sight stories, but other than that not much I really found interesting, though it was competently made.

This, however, has me at least intrigued. It doesn't really look like the first movie did at all, and the animation on the ocean training montage is really good.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

...How did Anna draw Christoph's sword from that angle? Seriously that just looks...awkward.

No idea, but it looked really cool (and thank you @nightwyrm for sharing that trailer!).

I didn't see the first film, but this trailer worked on me, I want to see more!
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

A grimmer animated fantasy not infested by jokes would be wonderful and refreshing. I know the movie won't deliver that, but the illusion it paints here is nice.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

That wasn't rolling, that was an active storm surf. My point about that is the fact that she isn't [ushing herself. Everything in that scene is like...10-20% of what she can do. Raw power was never Elsa's issue, control was, and she seemed to have that once she got her emotions under control if the tiny snow cloud is anything to go by.

Really her training should be trying to do little things, like freezing buckets of water without breaking them, because that would be her trying to learn fine control.

I understand what a teaser is for, but what are we gonna talk about? How nice the autumn leaves look? (TBH they do look nice, but that isnt my point) Like, can I get a shot of the villain? That would generate a ton of buzz.
    Well them in the ring of fire that she uses her magic on SEEMS to imply that its going to be a villain/antagonist that uses fire magic. Which would make sense.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

I will note that in the original fairy tale, the heroine's travels are divided rather firmly into seasons, and "autumn" involves a spoiled bandit princess. I hope the curly-haired girl is the spoiled bandit princess, I could really use that in my life.

Also, I guess it's a plot point that Elsa needs to cross the sea without benefit of vessel. That's something to work with.
    Last edited by DomaDoma; 2019-02-14 at 06:14 AM.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Well them in the ring of fire that she uses her magic on SEEMS to imply that its going to be a villain/antagonist that uses fire magic. Which would make sense.
    Or its a magical event of some sort. I would assume its an act by the villain, but that scene doesnt prove it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by DomaDoma View Post
    I will note that in the original fairy tale, the heroine's travels are divided rather firmly into seasons, and "autumn" involves a spoiled bandit princess. I hope the curly-haired girl is the spoiled bandit princess, I could really use that in my life.

Also, I guess it's a plot point that Elsa needs to cross the sea without benefit of vessel. That's something to work with.
    Who is this curly haired person you're talking about? i'm just seeing Anna with differnt hair.

Where is that from?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Who is this curly haired person you're talking about? i'm just seeing Anna with differnt hair.

Where is that from?
    1:24 on the video

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

For those without access to YouTube:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by DomaDoma View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The snow-flake at the end of the trailer has 4 prongs each with a distinctly different mark/rune pattern on them. The same diamond-shaped/runed prongs feature heavily in the promotional material, at one point "raining" down around the bewildered-looking protagonists.

Since Elsa brought in endless winter and Frozen 2 seems to be going down the route of having a character attached to some kind of Autumn setting, I'm going to go out on a limb and expect that the "2 of 4" is significant and that we're going to meet 2 other girls, one for Spring and another for Summer, at some point.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-02-14 at 08:51 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    Ummmm... there are other kids with nature powers themed around the seasons. Maybe one of them accidentally apocalypsed the world just like Else did in the first movie and they are off trying to investigate since they have first hand experience.
    Frozen 2: This time, it's eternal autumn.

I can't wait until part 4 comes out.

My first reaction is that it looks very actionny. Sure, it's only a trailer, they only reflect what the producers want you to think about the movie, not what the director is making the movie about, but still, this looks more like How To Train Your Dragon than like Frozen. Now I love How To Train Your Dragon, and Moana, and Aladdin, and Brave, and Babar the Movie, and The Land Before Time, and any other adventure movie ever, I just like to think that the best parts about Frozen were the parts where they refrained from action. That's what sets the movie apart, its two main characters are to some extant quiet normal talkative indoors people, it's nice to have a movie with heroes like that.

But you know, even if this fails (for me) as a sequel to Frozen it could still be a very nice adventure movie in and of itself, so that's fine. Plus they might actually still pull off a faithful feeling sequel film if they go heavy on the adventury part of the action but lighter on the violence, and that describes this trailer pretty well.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-02-14 at 10:58 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Am I the only one who saw no Olaf and was happy about that?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Colossus in the Playground

I was just trying to wrap my ears around whatever the heck that music was supposed to be at 1:22 or so. That was just... odd. It sounded a bit like that kid who yodeled in walmart awhile back.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

23. - Top - End - #23

Looks promising. I wasn't too found of the first film, but I'd be cool with a serious, darker take on the sequel. It has a high fantasy feel to it, and no jokes in the trailer. Obviously I'd have to wait to see more before taking a definite stance.

Yeah. Where's the realism in this film series about ice magic, trolls, and a talking, animated snowman?

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

Someone fitted the Avengers theme over the trailer and it works surprisingly well:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I think they just released this as an emergency damage control after the general reaction to the horror that is the Alladin live-action trailler!
    Homebrew Stuff:

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I think they just released this as an emergency damage control after the general reaction to the horror that is the Alladin live-action trailler!
    So what will they do when the live action trailers for Dumbo and the Lion King come out?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hall View Post
    Am I the only one who saw no Olaf and was happy about that?
    Possibly, because I saw him. Also double checked while writing this, and he's in it twice. In the heart fire and on the cliff overlooking stuff.

Sorry to crush your dreams.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    So what will they do when the live action trailers for Dumbo and the Lion King come out?
    Tangled II and Moana II? Or maybe they are counting on those traillers being at least slightly better than the abomination that is Blue Will Smith.
    Homebrew Stuff:

29. - Top - End - #29

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    The actual Frozen 2 trailers instead of this teaser.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Bugbear in the Playground

I have three questions:

The moment where Anna is in a balcony with many creepy diomond looking things makes me belive they may go with the Goblin and evil mirror plot of the original book this movie was based on.

But I could be wrong.

Edit: This moment:

Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2019-02-14 at 01:56 PM.
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"