Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 476
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Wasnt the breakout exposed pretty publicly during marineford? I mean, all of a sudden you had another hundred random pirates show up, most of whom were in black and white striped PRISON outfits. And at least a few of them HAD to be known to be locked up in impel down at the time. And considering they had cameras everywhere specifically to use the execution as a publicity stunt word had to have gotten out about that much at least.
    Actually, im pretty sure noone outside of the WG knowns for certain who are locked in Impel Down. The whole point of that place is to make people vanish. And that you suddenly have a huge group of people in prison uniforms are quite easily explained as either a prison break from somewhere else, or a prison-themed pirate crew.

    But other than that, heh, I wonder if the average person ever questions bounties then. I mean, luffy shot up from a 30 mil nobody to 300 mill pretty quickly. You would think at least some random people would wonder why since they never hear about him doing anything. I also cant help but wonder what this means long term for the series. As you said, the WG sits on the press very harshly and spreads its own version of events. But luffy is making waves in a LOT of places, where they quickly discover for themselves just how full of garbage the press is when they see luffys victory given to random marine officers instead. What happens when a half dozen kingdoms get together and go, "Hey, we all got saved by the same guy the military is lying about."
    Remember they dont have the internet. They only got the news paper to spread the official WG-sanctioned version of the story. That means its to start with really unlike for a dozen kingdoms to meet up. And even more unusual for them to confess something as embaresing as being saved by a pirate.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    So, that leaves one question only:

    Dead, or pulling a Pell?

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Spoiler
    Show

    Im going to say dead. We have had people die on us before now. And with his strongly reduced lifespan i think it was heavily enough implied that he wont make it.

    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Kato's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Yeah, not sure how this will go.. But at least dogtooth looks more and more fun.
    "What's done is done."

    Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah he's definitely dead. Still, intense, and some nice jokes from Pero. The candyman isn't quite as sweet as you'd expect.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Spoiler
    Show
    Pedro's dead for sure; this is almost certainly going to be Carrot's motivation to be a permanent member of the crew. Also, Big Mom's in the last panel, apparently halfway covered with water from the explosion. She's obviously going to live, but this is probably the first time such a high-level devil fruit user has been seriously been threatened by water so far.

    Minor predictions going on from this:

    The pumpkin-headed homie from last chapter contains Pedro's soul, which is why he had such a strong reaction to it; this may have ramifications in the future, given we don't know exactly how homie-souls work in relation to their original owners.

    We're going to see what one of the more extravagant islands looks like without one of the various food-based devil fruits in the army backing it up. (Given that we've seen both Streusen and Perospero forming architecture, at the least, this probably is a common usage for some of their powers.)

    Perospero isn't going to die from the explosion, but will be severely punished for both suspecting Opera outright lying about the Straw Hats and his own lies. There's obviously going to be some kind of clearing house after this gigantic mess in the Big Mom pirates. We know she's kicked out one of her commanders for losing once, so Cracker is likely screwed, and so we will likely know who's the third/forth most powerful of her children outright after the dust settles here and replacements are appointed. With most of the 'second rung' members of the crew having been introduced and trounced, the next time they show up in full force will likely be entirely staffed by the family's 'monsters' introduced at the wedding and the Commanders.

    During whatever period of time it takes for the family to recover, all the alliances-by-marriage are called in and the next time the Big Mom Pirates show up it will include all the of it's subordinate crews deemed suitable by BM to be directly allied to her.

    One of Opera's identical brothers will get his devil fruit; we've seen two of them using haki and he apparently wasn't capable of it, so whoever gets it will likely be more competent. If I had to guess, it would be Counter, as he has the most complex design and got choked out by Luffy, and as such has a probable reason to keep showing up in the future. Also, there's sometimes a tiny girl on his shoulder, which is a weird character design aspect for someone not otherwise important. In addition, we might also see the reason why the family has so many devil fruit users in the first place due to his death allowing for exposition (large palace garden?).

    (Mostly unimportant) Amande is going to be shown as having married into the family, possibly to one of the 'monsters'.

    (Also unimportant) Compote's devil fruit will also be shown to be the mechanism behind the family having so many devil fruit users, as she's able to create fruit suitable to becoming devil fruits on demand. She might also fight like a scaled-down version of her mother, strength wise.

    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-01 at 03:54 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Pedro's dead or soon to be but Carrot isn't going to join the crew. For a lot of reasons but the biggest one being Jinbe. Jinbe is joining the crew after this arc and it wouldn't make sense for two people to join at the same time from a narrative perspective. Just doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The pumpkin-headed homie from last chapter contains Pedro's soul, which is why he had such a strong reaction to it; this may have ramifications in the future, given we don't know exactly how homie-souls work in relation to their original owners. - We know how homies work. They were explained in great detail.

    We're going to see what one of the more extravagant islands looks like without one of the various food-based devil fruits in the army backing it up. (Given that we've seen both Streusen and Perospero forming architecture, at the least, this probably is a common usage for some of their powers.) - Considering Sanji and co are off to bake a cake in another city? This isn't so much a prediction as what we know is going to happen.

    Perospero isn't going to die from the explosion, but will be severely punished for both suspecting Opera outright lying about the Straw Hats and his own lies. There's obviously going to be some kind of clearing house after this gigantic mess in the Big Mom pirates. We know she's kicked out one of her commanders for losing once, so Cracker is likely screwed, and so we will likely know who's the third/forth most powerful of her children outright after the dust settles here and replacements are appointed. With most of the 'second rung' members of the crew having been introduced and trounced, the next time they show up in full force will likely be entirely staffed by the family's 'monsters' introduced at the wedding and the Commanders. - Firstly, it wasn't Perospero who thought Opera was lying. It was Mont-d'Or. Secondly, Big Mom outright says she'll kill Perospero if he was lying. Not just punish. More importantly, we don't see BM just...reappointing people to empty positions. No one took over the Sweet Commander role of Snack and he was beaten a while ago. Or Cracker who was beat not so long ago.

    During whatever period of time it takes for the family to recover, all the alliances-by-marriage are called in and the next time the Big Mom Pirates show up it will include all the of it's subordinate crews deemed suitable by BM to be directly allied to her. - If we get a rematch that is. I personally doubt we will.

    One of Opera's identical brothers will get his devil fruit; we've seen two of them using haki and he apparently wasn't capable of it, so whoever gets it will likely be more competent. If I had to guess, it would be Counter, as he has the most complex design and got choked out by Luffy, and as such has a probable reason to keep showing up in the future. Also, there's sometimes a tiny girl on his shoulder, which is a weird character design aspect for someone not otherwise important. In addition, we might also see the reason why the family has so many devil fruit users in the first place due to his death allowing for exposition (large palace garden?). - Oda makes people look great even if they're background. There's no way he cloud flesh out everyone at the wedding with the time he's allotted himself with the series and there's certainly no reason to think they're just going to recycle a Devil Fruit.

    (Mostly unimportant) Amande is going to be shown as having married into the family, possibly to one of the 'monsters'. - Amande is already a part of the Family. She's the Minister of Nuts.

    (Also unimportant) Compote's devil fruit will also be shown to be the mechanism behind the family having so many devil fruit users, as she's able to create fruit suitable to becoming devil fruits on demand. She might also fight like a scaled-down version of her mother, strength wise. - Any fruit can become a Devil Fruit. It transforms the nearest fruit of the same kind to the Devil Fruit.

    Answers in bold.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-09-01 at 04:57 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Pedro's dead or soon to be but Carrot isn't going to join the crew. For a lot of reasons but the biggest one being Jinbe. Jinbe is joining the crew after this arc and it wouldn't make sense for two people to join at the same time from a narrative perspective. Just doesn't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the pro-Carrot camp, with this new... incentive, she'll end up being who joins the crew at Wano, where the relationship with the Minks to the Mokomo Dukedom will likely be one of the things in focus. We haven't seen a tragic backstory for her yet because this is her tragic backstory; factoring in her likely being shaken after this is all said and done, some moping up until a certain point in Wano, and the possibility of getting Monet's fruit, there's a likely


    Answers given in bold

    Spoiler
    Show
    We know how homies work. They were explained in great detail.

    Except there's absolutely nothing about the relationship between a living person and a homie that's using their lifespan/soul, except with Big Mom's 'special' homies. The specific pumpkin homie saying his name was a wierd scene that got a strange reaction from him, so speculation isn't unreasonable.


    Considering Sanji and co are off to bake a cake in another city? This isn't so much a prediction as what we know is going to happen.

    A magic carpet ride through a crumbling chocolate city would be good scenery, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

    Firstly, it wasn't Perospero who thought Opera was lying. It was Mont-d'Or.

    Whoops.

    Secondly, Big Mom outright says she'll kill Perospero if he was lying. Not just punish. More importantly, we don't see BM just...reappointing people to empty positions. No one took over the Sweet Commander role of Snack and he was beaten a while ago. Or Cracker who was beat not so long ago.

    Whether or not she acts on her most extreme urges are likely tied to her current mood; given that she doesn't remember killing one of her children in a hunger-based rage and Persopero (her eldest son) bothered to lie at all to control her, it's likely that whatever she's thinking right would be a blank memory when she's fed. With him being injured by the explosion, if not dead, there's no way for him to deal with the fact that there is no cake avaliable.

    As for the commanders, three major subordinates is the apparent average in most fleshed-out crews; Whitebeard had Marco, Jozu, and Vista, for example, Kaido has three Calamities, and the Donquixote Pirates had Trebol, Diamante, and Pica. A rather organized crew with only two direct subordinates under a rather hands-off leader would be rather odd. Also, it's not actually clear or not if Big Mom knows about Cracker being defeated outright.


    If we get a rematch that is. I personally doubt we will.

    I personally have no doubt we will. Most of the fights up until the tea party itself have been against upper-mid level members, like Randolph and Tamago and Opera, who were powerful but not exceptional. We get a glimpse of the most powerful individuals at the Tea Party, and are beaten back by the Gemna, but obviously not defeated. Given how this arc will end, I'd suppose there'll be a full-fledged Yonko raid party with the family's heavy hitter's coming after the Straw Hats some time after they escape, which likely wouldn't include said defeated fodder.


    Oda makes people look great even if they're background. There's no way he cloud flesh out everyone at the wedding with the time he's allotted himself with the series and there's certainly no reason to think they're just going to recycle a Devil Fruit.

    The topic of 'devil fruit spawning' is a long-running thread in the series that hasn't come up yet except in brief mentions; if it's going to show up, it'll be relevant to the story. Monet's fruit is usually the one that is identified as being likely to spawn on the Sunny, but this could also be a more low-key method of it coming into relevance.

    Amande is already a part of the Family. She's the Minister of Nuts.

    She's specifically not called 'Charlotte Amade', though, which would be a break from every other introduced member of the family; she's also introduced in the cake ingredient-gathering with several other Big Mom Pirates underlings. There's absolutely no reason for her not to be named as a member of the family unless she's specifically not one. If she's one of those who married into it, then there would be more then just Capone around who's a actual example of a 'loyal' individual who the Big Mom's gained the loyalty of.

    Any fruit can become a Devil Fruit. It transforms the nearest fruit of the same kind to the Devil Fruit.

    And Compote's introduced as the oldest daughter of a family apparently brimming with devil fruit users with a hat full of fruit. Again, speculation, but fun speculation.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    On the pro-Carrot camp, with this new... incentive, she'll end up being who joins the crew at Wano, where the relationship with the Minks to the Mokomo Dukedom will likely be one of the things in focus. We haven't seen a tragic backstory for her yet because this is her tragic backstory; factoring in her likely being shaken after this is all said and done, some moping up until a certain point in Wano, and the possibility of getting Monet's fruit, there's a likely


    Answers given in bold

    Spoiler
    Show
    We know how homies work. They were explained in great detail.

    Except there's absolutely nothing about the relationship between a living person and a homie that's using their lifespan/soul, except with Big Mom's 'special' homies. The specific pumpkin homie saying his name was a wierd scene that got a strange reaction from him, so speculation isn't unreasonable.


    Considering Sanji and co are off to bake a cake in another city? This isn't so much a prediction as what we know is going to happen.

    A magic carpet ride through a crumbling chocolate city would be good scenery, but I wouldn't say it's guaranteed.

    Firstly, it wasn't Perospero who thought Opera was lying. It was Mont-d'Or.

    Whoops.

    Secondly, Big Mom outright says she'll kill Perospero if he was lying. Not just punish. More importantly, we don't see BM just...reappointing people to empty positions. No one took over the Sweet Commander role of Snack and he was beaten a while ago. Or Cracker who was beat not so long ago.

    Whether or not she acts on her most extreme urges are likely tied to her current mood; given that she doesn't remember killing one of her children in a hunger-based rage and Persopero (her eldest son) bothered to lie at all to control her, it's likely that whatever she's thinking right would be a blank memory when she's fed. With him being injured by the explosion, if not dead, there's no way for him to deal with the fact that there is no cake avaliable.

    As for the commanders, three major subordinates is the apparent average in most fleshed-out crews; Whitebeard had Marco, Jozu, and Vista, for example, Kaido has three Calamities, and the Donquixote Pirates had Trebol, Diamante, and Pica. A rather organized crew with only two direct subordinates under a rather hands-off leader would be rather odd. Also, it's not actually clear or not if Big Mom knows about Cracker being defeated outright.


    If we get a rematch that is. I personally doubt we will.

    I personally have no doubt we will. Most of the fights up until the tea party itself have been against upper-mid level members, like Randolph and Tamago and Opera, who were powerful but not exceptional. We get a glimpse of the most powerful individuals at the Tea Party, and are beaten back by the Gemna, but obviously not defeated. Given how this arc will end, I'd suppose there'll be a full-fledged Yonko raid party with the family's heavy hitter's coming after the Straw Hats some time after they escape, which likely wouldn't include said defeated fodder.


    Oda makes people look great even if they're background. There's no way he cloud flesh out everyone at the wedding with the time he's allotted himself with the series and there's certainly no reason to think they're just going to recycle a Devil Fruit.

    The topic of 'devil fruit spawning' is a long-running thread in the series that hasn't come up yet except in brief mentions; if it's going to show up, it'll be relevant to the story. Monet's fruit is usually the one that is identified as being likely to spawn on the Sunny, but this could also be a more low-key method of it coming into relevance.

    Amande is already a part of the Family. She's the Minister of Nuts.

    She's specifically not called 'Charlotte Amade', though, which would be a break from every other introduced member of the family; she's also introduced in the cake ingredient-gathering with several other Big Mom Pirates underlings. There's absolutely no reason for her not to be named as a member of the family unless she's specifically not one. If she's one of those who married into it, then there would be more then just Capone around who's a actual example of a 'loyal' individual who the Big Mom's gained the loyalty of.

    Any fruit can become a Devil Fruit. It transforms the nearest fruit of the same kind to the Devil Fruit.

    And Compote's introduced as the oldest daughter of a family apparently brimming with devil fruit users with a hat full of fruit. Again, speculation, but fun speculation.
    I...yeah. You've gone so far off into theory-land there's nothing for me to say. Bringing up Monet and her fruit...what? There's so much here that is just actively known combined with utter nonsense like the Strawhats getting Monet's Fruit because....total randomness. Who'd eat it? Carrot? The person who won't be joining the crew? Right. You're near writing fanfiction here. Actually, you're just writing fanfiction.

    One small thing though. The Doffy Familly had FOUR commanders. There are FOUR suites in a deck of cards. Trebol, Pica, VERGO and Diamante. Clubs, Spades, HEART and Diamonds. Vergo was the second Corazon. Big Mom also had Four Sweet Commanders. Cracker, Katakuri, Snack and Smoothie. Kaido has three DISASTERS. Not Calamities. Whitebeard doesn't have just three. He had 16. SIXTEEN. Divisions within his fleet and that's not including his Allied Pirate forces.

    Your info is...lacking. On top of the nonsense fan theories.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-09-01 at 06:42 AM.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dalinale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2015

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    I...yeah. You've gone so far off into theory-land there's nothing for me to say. Bringing up Monet and her fruit...what? There's so much here that is just actively known combined with utter nonsense like the Strawhats getting Monet's Fruit because....total randomness. Who'd eat it? Carrot? The person who won't be joining the crew? Right. You're near writing fanfiction here. Actually, you're just writing fanfiction.
    The snow bunny theory is arguably one of best-backed theories that I think currently exists; the devil fruit that shows up on the island where devil fruits are explored more thoroughly following said devil fruit rules and ending up in the hands of the Straw Hats makes general sense. In addition, we've seen that devil-fruit hunting is one of Blackbeard's goals vi Jesus Burgess, and as such the concept is probably important in general, so chances of it popping up in the story can't really be discounted.

    Big Mom also had Four Sweet Commanders. Cracker, Katakuri, Snack and Smoothie. Kaido has three DISASTERS. Not Calamities. Whitebeard doesn't have just three. He had 16. SIXTEEN. Divisions within his fleet and that's not including his Allied Pirate forces.
    There were Sweet Commanders, and three are left by the time we actually get to the island they're on. Kaido has three main subordinates outright, and the term for his underlings has been translated as both Disaster and Calamity, in case you didn't know. Whitebeard had sixteen division commanders, but the only three with actual significant screen time were the three that I had previously mentioned. I'm not sure why this is a point of issue; 'three main subordinates and a leader' is one of the biggest running threads in the story; heck, the Arlong Pirates followed it.

    One small thing though. The Doffy Familly had FOUR commanders. There are FOUR suites in a deck of cards. Trebol, Pica, VERGO and Diamante. Clubs, Spades, HEART and Diamonds. Vergo was the second Corazon,
    I omitted Vergo because, first and foremost, he was clearly 'separate' from the rest in sheer personal power, serving as more as a direct emissary then just a actual subordinate. While he was a commander on paper, he wasn't replaced by the time of Dressrosa, and was treated as a far greater threat then any of the other commanders, and ultimately served as more of a arc boss then as a underling, thematically.
    Last edited by Dalinale; 2017-09-01 at 07:03 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    The snow bunny theory is arguably one of best-backed theories that I think currently exists; the devil fruit that shows up on the island where devil fruits are explored more thoroughly following said devil fruit rules and ending up in the hands of the Straw Hats makes general sense. In addition, we've seen that devil-fruit hunting is one of Blackbeard's goals vi Jesus Burgess, and as such the concept is probably important in general, so chances of it popping up in the story can't really be discounted.
    Yes it can. It can be discounted. It can be discounted because we've already been told and shown (through the Mera Mera and the Axolotl Zoan) how a Devil Fruit transfers. We don't need it reienforced because it's already been shown as a major plot device. And recently. As for the "Snow Rabbit Theory being one of the best backed"....no. A pile of conjecture on top of really shoddy filling in the blanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    There were Sweet Commanders, and three are left by the time we actually get to the island they're on. Kaido has three main subordinates outright, and the term for his underlings has been translated as both Disaster and Calamity, in case you didn't know. Whitebeard had sixteen division commanders, but the only three with actual significant screen time were the three that I had previously mentioned. I'm not sure why this is a point of issue; 'three main subordinates and a leader' is one of the biggest running threads in the story; heck, the Arlong Pirates followed it.
    The proper translation, as shown by Toei, is Disaster. There are three Sweet Commanders currently. There were four before. Whitebeard's 16 Divisions were shown fairly prominently throughout the War at Marineford but that doesn't matter. You're cherry picking and taking what you want to support your theory. The Yonko don't seem to have three top people on average. It's demonstrable that they don't. Ignoring the presented evidence to back your theories only goes to show that your other pet theories have holes in them for similar reasons. I don't have the time or desire to go through each and poke holes through them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinale View Post
    I omitted Vergo because, first and foremost, he was clearly 'separate' from the rest in sheer personal power, serving as more as a direct emissary then just a actual subordinate. While he was a commander on paper, he wasn't replaced by the time of Dressrosa, and was treated as a far greater threat then any of the other commanders, and ultimately served as more of a arc boss then as a underling, thematically.
    Hey! More cherry picking and selective editing to support your argument. That's cool.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Yes it can. It can be discounted. It can be discounted because we've already been told and shown (through the Mera Mera and the Axolotl Zoan) how a Devil Fruit transfers. We don't need it reienforced because it's already been shown as a major plot device. And recently. As for the "Snow Rabbit Theory being one of the best backed"....no. A pile of conjecture on top of really shoddy filling in the blanks.
    Omg yeah.. that.. theory.. is a bunch of "what if"'s piled up on of each other. There isnt actually any sort of hard evidence to support it. There isnt even any sort of soft evidence.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Omg yeah.. that.. theory.. is a bunch of "what if"'s piled up on of each other. There isnt actually any sort of hard evidence to support it. There isnt even any sort of soft evidence.
    That's how pretty much every fan theory goes as far as I've seen.

    Monet is going to be a Straw Hat (even though she's dead as a door nail) because she was reading an astronomy book and the Straw Hats need to go to space because that's where Raftel is (it isn't) and Enel is in space.

    Carrot is a rabbit. The Yuki Yuki no Mi had rabbits in a single attack (forget for a moment that Oda uses a lot of folklore and mythology for attacks and inspiration and Yuki Usagi is totally a thing in Japan and they look just like the attack). Carrot is going to get the Yuki Yuki no Mi and join the Straw Hats.

    Blackbeard is going to get the strongest of each Devil Fruit Class because he's Cerberus.

    Zoro is going to leave the Strawhats and join Kaido.


    The list goes on and on.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    That cerberus one is at least potentially possible, since we have no idea why Blackbeard can hold more than one fruit.

    I still think it's that his black hole just absorbs the fruit itself, so he's actually got a limited store of that energy that he can release.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That cerberus one is at least potentially possible, since we have no idea why Blackbeard can hold more than one fruit.
    He has an atypical body structure.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    He has an atypical body structure.
    This means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. What does it mean?


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Probably on a chair.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    He has an atypical body structure.
    To be fair, while the whole Cerberus thing is as old and unlikely as time, there's no way that an offhand comment about "atypical body structure" is the only explanation we'll ever have on the subject. That would be a plot hole huge enough to make Tite Kubo proud. So I'd say is fine to theorize.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, not sure how this will go.. But at least dogtooth looks more and more fun.
    Why are people still calling him Dogtooth. That was just a placeholder until we got his real name.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Why are people still calling him Dogtooth. That was just a placeholder until we got his real name.
    No it's not. His name is Katakuriko, which is potato starch, which comes from the Dogtooth plant. Dogtooth is...not a WRONG translation, just an alternative one. It's also easier to remember than Katakuriko.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    No it's not. His name is Katakuriko, which is potato starch, which comes from the Dogtooth plant. Dogtooth is...not a WRONG translation, just an alternative one. It's also easier to remember than Katakuriko.
    This is also wrong. It's Katakuri. Offical Toei translation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hrobar View Post
    To be fair, while the whole Cerberus thing is as old and unlikely as time, there's no way that an offhand comment about "atypical body structure" is the only explanation we'll ever have on the subject. That would be a plot hole huge enough to make Tite Kubo proud. So I'd say is fine to theorize.
    I never said it wouldn't be explained. I'm sure it will be. That's just the extent of the explanation we've got at the moment.
    Last edited by Razade; 2017-09-11 at 03:20 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    No it's not. His name is Katakuriko, which is potato starch, which comes from the Dogtooth plant. Dogtooth is...not a WRONG translation, just an alternative one. It's also easier to remember than Katakuriko.
    We don't translate proper names into something else. It would be like someone having the name Charlotte and us calling them Free Man instead of their actual name.

    The only place he was ever called Dogtooth was in unofficial fantranslations because they didn't know what his name was supposed to be. Everything official calls him Katakuri.

    It would be like us still calling Dabura "Doubler" because that's what he was called in the fansubs.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2017-09-11 at 06:53 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    This is also wrong. It's Katakuri. Offical Toei translation.



    I never said it wouldn't be explained. I'm sure it will be. That's just the extent of the explanation we've got at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    We don't translate proper names into something else. It would be like someone having the name Charlotte and us calling them Free Man instead of their actual name.

    The only place he was ever called Dogtooth was in unofficial fantranslations because they didn't know what his name was supposed to be. Everything official calls him Katakuri.

    It would be like us still calling Dabura "Doubler" because that's what he was called in the fansubs.
    Good point for both of those, I should of looked up the official source instead of the fan wiki. My bad!


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PirateGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2013

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Might I bring up the point that Dogtooth just sounds cool? It sticks in the mind and is easy to remember.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Sep 2014

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Good point for both of those, I should of looked up the official source instead of the fan wiki. My bad!
    It's listed as Katakuri on the wiki as well.

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Might I bring up the point that Dogtooth just sounds cool? It sticks in the mind and is easy to remember.
    Yeah, Dogtooth is the only Big Mom Crew member i can actually recall the name off.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Traab's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    right behind you

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Here comes Traab with his random one piece questions!!!! Back at enis lobby, Lucci is acknowledged as the strongest member of cipher pol, but where does he rank overall in the power structure of the navy? Im just curious about how big a deal it was that luffy beat him at the time or if it all is just glossed over by the fact that they raided and wrecked enis lobby and the people the straw hats beat didnt really specifically factor into it.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Here comes Traab with his random one piece questions!!!! Back at enis lobby, Lucci is acknowledged as the strongest member of cipher pol, but where does he rank overall in the power structure of the navy? Im just curious about how big a deal it was that luffy beat him at the time or if it all is just glossed over by the fact that they raided and wrecked enis lobby and the people the straw hats beat didnt really specifically factor into it.
    It's a Very Big Deal, but not the biggest deal. It's like if he beat one of the Sweet Commanders or something. He didn't beat the Elite Four he beat the second last gym battle, to use Pokemon terms.


    Sly Zodi by Cuthalion. It's time to do a crime.
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August.

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's a Very Big Deal, but not the biggest deal. It's like if he beat one of the Sweet Commanders or something. He didn't beat the Elite Four he beat the second last gym battle, to use Pokemon terms.
    Remember in one piece physical might is not directly tied to status. Look at the Celestial Dragons, they outrank any member of the Marines including the Admiralty But they're obviously far weaker than most pirates.

    Lucci had and has a rather high military ranking but that just gave him authority, in terms of physical power he was far below most Vice Admirals. Remember Lucci was far stronger than his own commander.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lord_khaine's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    I would say the Celestrial Dragons and Spamdam are the exceptions that proves the rule. In more cases than not there is a very direct link between how powerfull a person is, and how much authorithy they have.

    And i disagree about where your placing Rob Lucci. We dont of course have any direct comparisons, except how much he managed to wreck Luffy before he was stopped. But it did take gear 3, and it still came down to a flip of the coin. So i would say if you want to be certain to beat him, then you need at least an admiral.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground
     
    PirateCaptain

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    material & internet plane
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

    Aren't Sabaody Archipelago, Impel Down, Amazon Lily, and Marineford War enough to give an idea just how strong or weak Luffy was, even at gear 3?

    I doubt a Yonkou Commander like Jozu or even a Shichibukai like Jimbei or Croc would have much difficulty with Lucci, combatwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •