New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that the transformation Carrot went through seems to have such a short rate of use, but it was still cool to see nonetheless. One can only imagine what kind of havoc an entire island of people as strong as her all doing this at once would do to an opposing army.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not gonna lie, I'm a bit disappointed that the transformation Carrot went through seems to have such a short rate of use, but it was still cool to see nonetheless. One can only imagine what kind of havoc an entire island of people as strong as her all doing this at once would do to an opposing army.
    Not entire island - just the elites. The point of the chapter is, everyone can access it, but only those trained can do it properly. You don't want a full party of frienzed berserkers.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Zodiac, I'm disappointed, you drawing comparison to Chouji instead of wondering if we get a Fatgum effect.. Though this would be very strange.

Also, still hoping for that Sanji vs Soma vs Toriko vs Yakitate's Azuma Kazuma. It needs to be done to find the truly greatest chef in Manga!
    Though Sanji's plan working would be an amazing resolution to this arc.

BTW... That djinn power is still very strange. I can't believe I'm saying that...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Zodiac, I'm disappointed, you drawing comparison to Chouji instead of wondering if we get a Fatgum effect.. Though this would be very strange.

Also, still hoping for that Sanji vs Soma vs Toriko vs Yakitate's Azuma Kazuma. It needs to be done to find the truly greatest chef in Manga!
    Though Sanji's plan working would be an amazing resolution to this arc.

BTW... That djinn power is still very strange. I can't believe I'm saying that...
    I read that in a comment so that's what came to mind first!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Not entire island - just the elites. The point of the chapter is, everyone can access it, but only those trained can do it properly. You don't want a full party of frienzed berserkers.
    Its not like you need it anyway. The average battlepower of a mink is rather extreme, at least compared to a normal human.
    The forces of the mink managed to push back a force from one of the four emperors, lead by a Disaster with a 1 billion berry bounty. And that was without drawing upon a full moon.

I do agree, even here in OP its more than a little weird.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #486

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I do agree, even here in OP its more than a little weird.
    Which makes it all the funnier when Jinbei is just, 100% ramrod serious as possible, "Watch out for him. He has a genie".

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Thought crosses my mind.

The Gangster member of the worst generation that's working for Big Mom. (His name escapes me.) The one that ate the Castle-Castle fruit.

When he's shown catching The Strawhats and Ceaser on Zou, he threatens Ceaser with Shotgun shells ammo made with Seaprisum Stone.

Then when he doesn't have any, but Ceaser falls for the bluff, he DID have someone with a spear made with Seaprisum Stone.

Which was carried back into his castle, thing, deal, which means contact with him personally.

Shouldn't that mean the stone shuts down his powers as soon as that happens?
    "I Burn!"

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Thought crosses my mind.

The Gangster member of the worst generation that's working for Big Mom. (His name escapes me.) The one that ate the Castle-Castle fruit.

When he's shown catching The Strawhats and Ceaser on Zou, he threatens Ceaser with Shotgun shells ammo made with Seaprisum Stone.

Then when he doesn't have any, but Ceaser falls for the bluff, he DID have someone with a spear made with Seaprisum Stone.

Which was carried back into his castle, thing, deal, which means contact with him personally.

Shouldn't that mean the stone shuts down his powers as soon as that happens?

I feel like since it's not directly stabbing into him, it won't turn off his power. Though that's a good catch, yeah.

Also it's Capone. As in Al Capone, if you want a mnemonic for it.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

I could swear it was subbed some other way then that on the name, but ah well, not that important.

I was under the impression you had to make sure the stuff maintained a certain distance/never made direct contact with you, which was why Seaprisum Stone Cuffs work, but Smoker can still get away with using his weapon and his devil fruit powers since only the very tippy tip, at the opposite end of the weapon from the rest of him, was made of the stuff.

Which is why I thought it was Odd that Capone could invite it inside him using his Devil fruit power with out it shutting down his devil fruit power.

Also makes me wonder what would happen if that is the case if someone duped there way inside with a pair of cuffs tucked in a coat or something and then just dropped the things on the floor inside when his undivided attention wasn't on them.
    "I Burn!"

10. - Top - End - #490

Its direct contact. Iirc, in dressrosa, when luffy was trying to coordinate things from the arena, he kept getting overwrought and grabbing the bars which made him collapse with an "Oh yeah, I keep forgetting, seaprism stone" sort of reaction. That being said, the inside of his body is probably an exception because its basically a pocket universe. So long as it doesnt touch him going in or out, he would probably be ok. Also, His name is Capone Bege so the name used to refer to him alternates, hence confusion.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting. Bege is definitely how they were calling him out, so yeah, that's the confusion.

As for the stone, direct contact required is good to know. Though since the pocket universe IS still suppose to be part of the body, I do still wonder about that.
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #492

Interesting. Bege is definitely how they were calling him out, so yeah, that's the confusion.

As for the stone, direct contact required is good to know. Though since the pocket universe IS still suppose to be part of the body, I do still wonder about that.
    I forget which his first name is because Japan names. Capone Bege is his full name though, yes.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we solved that mystery with time still for you to go bargain with Dormammu.
    "I Burn!"

14. - Top - End - #494

Well, we solved that mystery with time still for you to go bargain with Dormammu.
    Look I'll go watch RWBY after work Metahuman I've had to go through a lot of **** lately I DREAM I WAS JERRY SEINFELD RECENTLY. MY LIFE IS KIND OF OUT OF CONTROL.

15. - Top - End - #495

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look I'll go watch RWBY after work Metahuman I've had to go through a lot of **** lately I DREAM I WAS JERRY SEINFELD RECENTLY. MY LIFE IS KIND OF OUT OF CONTROL.
    Freaking canadians. /shakes head On a more serious note, can someone fill me in on pudding and just what the ever loving heck is going on with her? I mean, my knowledge comes from the anime clips I watch on youtube, so as of right now, what I know is, she started off as this really sweet girl who didnt seem to mind luffy was devouring her house/business or whatever it was. Then I saw the clip where sanji over hears her mocking the ever loving carp out of him to some homies while he stands out in the rain trying to light a smoke. And she told luffy while he was imprisoned she planned to murder him. Just... what the heck man?! Im kinda getting whiplash here adjusting to her latest personality. Sweetie, female dog, homicidal maniac.

Also, geez Toei, think you could have been a bit MORE fanservicey when jinbe finally freed them? About dang time nami got herself a new outfit, I was about to start taking bets on how many more chapters it would be till she gave up and ran around naked. I thought I was back to watching high school of the dead for a minute there. Someone get that girl an outfit made from whatever luffys clothes are made of. Those outfits can survive anything.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

16. - Top - End - #496

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Freaking canadians. /shakes head On a more serious note, can someone fill me in on pudding and just what the ever loving heck is going on with her? I mean, my knowledge comes from the anime clips I watch on youtube, so as of right now, what I know is, she started off as this really sweet girl who didnt seem to mind luffy was devouring her house/business or whatever it was. Then I saw the clip where sanji over hears her mocking the ever loving carp out of him to some homies while he stands out in the rain trying to light a smoke. And she told luffy while he was imprisoned she planned to murder him. Just... what the heck man?! Im kinda getting whiplash here adjusting to her latest personality. Sweetie, female dog, homicidal maniac.

Also, geez Toei, think you could have been a bit MORE fanservicey when jinbe finally freed them? About dang time nami got herself a new outfit, I was about to start taking bets on how many more chapters it would be till she gave up and ran around naked. I thought I was back to watching high school of the dead for a minute there. Someone get that girl an outfit made from whatever luffys clothes are made of. Those outfits can survive anything.
    Okay so Pudding considers herself a freak because of her third eye and everyone in her family is ****ed up. She has a devil fruit that lets her take memories out of your head like rolls of film and edit it to her leisure via cutting and such. She's in love with Sanji but also wants to do it just as a trick to get her mom to love her but also she genuinely does love him and she's currently unsure how to handle this, flipping between tsundere hatelove and genuine "loves him so much she's exploding into actual fire it's making her so hot".

The reason for this is that when Sanji saw her third eye his only response was "...you have three really beautiful eyes". And it's like, the first time Sanji has genuinely shown or said a romantic, earnest, heartfelt thing. His eyes didn't become hearts, he didn't become all silly, he just genuinely meant "you're beautiful" in the most sincere way possible.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-12-24 at 11:58 AM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

1: Dormammu is a reference to Dr. Strange. He's one of Doctor Strange's biggest and longest standing and most formidable foes.

He was in the live action movie. The Climax was Strange forcing him to Bargain by locking the pair of them in an infinitely repeating time loop using one of The Infinity Stones.

Dr. Strange was also played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Who played Sherlock Holmes for several years on the BBC.

It was a double reference to marvel comics and Sherlock homes.

RWBY had nothing to do with it.

I haven't even gotten around to season 5 yet.

As for Jerry Seinfeld, have you considered maybe you just had a weird dream? Dreams are sorta reputed to be odd things that make little or no sense I've been told.
    "I Burn!"

18. - Top - End - #498

... ... ... ... ... ...

1: Dormammu is a reference to Dr. Strange. He's one of Doctor Strange's biggest and longest standing and most formidable foes.

He was in the live action movie. The Climax was Strange forcing him to Bargain by locking the pair of them in an infinitely repeating time loop using one of The Infinity Stones.

Dr. Strange was also played by Benedict Cumberbatch. Who played Sherlock Holmes for several years on the BBC.

It was a double reference to marvel comics and Sherlock homes.

RWBY had nothing to do with it.

I haven't even gotten around to season 5 yet.

As for Jerry Seinfeld, have you considered maybe you just had a weird dream? Dreams are sorta reputed to be odd things that make little or no sense I've been told.
    RWBY is my personal Dormammu and that was the joke, sorry about that. I know about it, don't worry.

I've had three weird dreams three nights in a row, actually. That was mostly an exaggeration for comedic effect.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

*Shurg* It's the holidays, your doing stuff that is disruptive to your normal routine on just about every level.

Weird dreams wouldn't be out of place.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, really? Come on, I know your critical of it but it's not THAT bad!
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #500

PirateGuy

I will say that as someone with a RWBY avatar you should probably get on Season 5.

In any case, back on topic, by no means is the anime good yet but Toei is slowly building back my trust with them fleshing out scenes that the manga just sort of skips past. The fight between Tamago and Pedro, Brook vs Big Mom, and I'm sure the same treatment will be given to some of the other fights that we've skipped the details of as well. Sure, the end result is the same, but it's nice to actually see the processes by which we got to those conclusions as well.

21. - Top - End - #501

Also, really? Come on, I know your critical of it but it's not THAT bad!
    To be fair that's mostly just a joke now. The series is currently in a "I wish it was better because some of this is Actually Good".

Anyway One Piece thread. I like thte new One Piece I like how Carrot looks with the hat pulled over her face it's a little cute.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

I'll get on season five once I have got my job situation sorted out.

Zodi: En, means it will be prime material for a remake in 20 years. Get heavy on animation now, in 20 years you can come in and do it better!

One Piece in general: Oh, I've rather enjoyed most of Zou. Jack's end was honestly not how I expected this to go down at all, going to look for the rest of the White Beards and forming more alliances with powerful combatants is VERY cool, and it looks like there actually going to DO something with the stupid kid! Seriously, voice of all things and the equivalent of a mythical Devil fruit, and it looks like he's going to have time to get his legs under him using BOTH of them before we see him again! And a LOT of the characters get something either funny or cute going on as this has played out.

Brook in particular was actually freaking hilarious a few times! And Chopper crushing on some of the girls was absolutely adorable. Law getting to snark it up at Zorro was VERY amusing, and I'm rather fond of most of the Zou characters we've actually gotten to do stuff with. Also, gotta love how much Carrot was impressed by "God Usopp, who has 8,000 followers!". (Seriously, is this going to be a running thing? That everywhere Usopp shows up someone get's wind of it and he winds up with even more followers? Cause, I gotta say that would be a freaking riot cause it's just about the same thing Buggy seems to have been up too!)
    "I Burn!"

23. - Top - End - #503

I know its not connected, but I just have to say im loving this fanfic im reading now, Stallion of the Line. Its a ranma/one piece cross and its awesome. Ranma and his crew have just faced off against croc and his baroque works gang. The basic gist of the story is, ranmas life sucks, he gets offered a chance to be reborn in various universes to help where the chosen champion of the setting has failed. In this case he is reborn as monkey d luffy. The story goes sort of off the rails as this luffy isnt a cheerful idiot so his different personality means he pulls in his crew in a different way. He also is training the hell out of everyone making them all much stronger much sooner.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, Carrot is simultaneously adorable and freaking evil looking when she's bribing people.

Also, Jack, I Call Hax! Your a freaking Devil Fruit user! Your at the bottom of the sea! HOW ARE YOU NOT DEAD?!

Edit:

*A few eps later.*

Ok, 1: The Vimsmoke set up freaking SCREAMS 70's or early 80's Toku Villains. I, am not the only one seeing this, right?

2: More importantly, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO LUFFY BEING IMMUNE TO POISON?!!!
    Last edited by Metahuman1; 2017-12-28 at 10:10 AM.
    "I Burn!"

25. - Top - End - #505

PirateGuy

To answer your questions in order:

We can see now that he has his mask off that Jack is actually a Fishman. He's still paralyzed under water, but at the very least he can still breathe.

Yes, although the case can also be made that they're a parody of Super Sentai.

That's still a thing, and in fact I'm pretty sure even gets mentioned at some point. Keep in mind, that poison he ingested is supposed to kill you almost instantly, so the fact that he's actually struggling against it is a miracle in and of itself brought along by his high resistance to poison now.

26. - Top - End - #506

When did he become immune? I know magellen beat him like a rented drum with poison, and there was that one scene where I have no clue it is placed in the series where, i want to say sanjis sister, sucks it out of him as he lays there nearly dead.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Surviving being drenched in Magellan's poison is what gives him a strong resistance (not total immunity). Thanks to that, he's able to resist Hyouzou's and Caesar's poisons and struggle against the fish.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    To answer your questions in order:

We can see now that he has his mask off that Jack is actually a Fishman. He's still paralyzed under water, but at the very least he can still breathe.

Yes, although the case can also be made that they're a parody of Super Sentai.

That's still a thing, and in fact I'm pretty sure even gets mentioned at some point. Keep in mind, that poison he ingested is supposed to kill you almost instantly, so the fact that he's actually struggling against it is a miracle in and of itself brought along by his high resistance to poison now.
    The Subs I had said immune to poison after Magellan.

Ah. Short scene, so, I missed that. Ok.

Super Sentai falls in the Toku Genera. Toku is short for Tokusatsu, a genera encompassing Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Garo, Ultraman and Metal Hero's. And I KNOW Oda is aware of all of them except perhaps Garo, and is a fan and likes to make Nods to at least Kamen Rider and Super Sentai. I mention it cause this however was blatant even for him. Even after Sniper King.
    "I Burn!"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: New chapter!
    Show
    I really like how this chapter gave each Strawhat members their own spotlight, although Jimbei and Brook clearly got the better ones. Jimbei's techniques are monster trio level, arguably even better than Sanji's feats so far. Brook is also pretty awesome, with his Nami save, antics, tricking Mama, and punking Zeus.

I'm guessing Brook gets a massive bounty raise a la God Usopp after this arc, mostly for his involvement with the Poneglyph and Big Mam's tea party crash.
    Last edited by ben-zayb; 2017-12-29 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I guess at long last the monster trio gets a new member. Because yes, Jimbei's feat of strenght does at the very least put him on line or above Sanji's. As the oldest and most experienced crew member he might even be an equal to Luffy without the higher level gears. And of course, at the sea he is going to be the strongest by far.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar