New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Debt?

Welcome to the NINTH thread of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!

For those of you just joining us, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a free-to-play freemium game for mobile devices. Like many similar games, the main goal is to collect and power up 16-bit versions of characters from Final Fantasy games 1 through XIV (including sequels such as Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy IV: the After Years or the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII), as well as some spin-offs (World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics) and even a collaboration with another Final Fantasy mobile game (Final Fantasy Mobius). You then train up your characters, get equipment for them, acquire abilities, and battle through dungeons that retell the plot of various Final Fantasy games.

If you're only just starting out, it's a game that requires patience but rewards it. Realm Dungeons provide a fixed stream of characters, resources, and challenges, and roughly once per week are supplemented by unique Event Dungeons that highlight a particular game in the franchise. If you've caught up on that, Daily Dungeons provide a rotating smorgasboard of farming opportunities, and the deadly Nightmare Dungeons, Mote Dungeons and Torment Dungeons open periodically for the boldest challengers. While it'll take some time to catch up to long-time players, the rewards from past events recur frequently, and in some ways you're even coming out ahead thanks to the better gear opportunities available nowadays!

Equipment is based off of a lottery powered by the game's free currency (Mythril) or real money (Gems), though these days it's a fairly generous one. The game is completely playable without paying a cent, with a steady stream of opportunities for free-to-play players and gambling addicts alike. And crucially, no characters are trapped behind a paywall. It's a game that's simple enough to pick up and enjoy, but with tons of ongoing content and challenges to keep you playing and Final Fantasy nostalgia packed into every bit.

Happy hunting!

Spoiler: Playgrounder's Friend Codes
    Show
    danzibr: b5bU
    Greg_S: fr4D
    Maryring: SfTe
    Merlin the Tuna: HdxF
    Morbis Meh: Qxp6
    Oxybe: Hw6d
    Red Fel: ofdd
    Slayn82: uEoY
    SlyGuyMcFly: Sgv2
    spectralphoenix:HwW2
    Starwulf: GUtu
    SuperPanda: 3Lkv
    Hunter Noventa: Bwbo
    T.G. Oskar: Gm7h

FFRK Subreddit
    The Great PDF of Overwhelming Knowledge
    Upcoming Events
    Oxybe's Spreadsheet of Planning
    Skyfire's Record Dive Database
    Enlir's Database

Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Post for mark and to suggest adding a useful link to the main post: the roaming warrior search site https://www.ffrkcentral.com/roamingwarriors/search

I've found it rather useful anyhow.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

And this link to the FFRK Character Encyclopedia.

Also, mm, new thread smell.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I've got one LD left (need 14 more Mythril to get it). Not sure what to think of my draws thus far. The ones I really needed (Support/Celerity) were a bust, but I still got some gems out of it.

Summoner - Rinoa's Twin Viper (Overstrike), Aerith's Wizer Rod (Burst), Seymour's Robes (Super)
    Support - Edward's Lamia Harp (Burst)
    Celerity - Thancred's Air Knives (Super)
    Combat - Sephiroth's Chirijiraden (Overstrike), Luneth's Gungnir (Burst)
    Black Mage - Terra's Blood Sword (Overstrike, duplicate), Cid Rayne's Metamorphosis Claws (Burst)
    White Mage - We'll see in three days.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Not sure what to think of my draws thus far. The ones I really needed (Support/Celerity) were a bust, but I still got some gems out of it.

[...]

Black Mage - Terra's Blood Sword (Overstrike, duplicate), Cid Rayne's Metamorphosis Claws (Burst)
    Ahem. You got three Overstrikes thus far, one of them a dupe (and in particular the one I'm hounding for), and not only that, you got the best Mage Burst in the entire game at the moment, plus three more bursts (a great Imperil Holy/Buff/Debuff one, albeit on a sucky character, and a superb En-Wind one on a great character, alongside Aerith's early Burst Medica), and you're not sure about what to think of your draws so far? If I had gotten ijust your BLM Draw, I would have said that spending 150 Mythril on them all was worthwhile (even when you got Mama's Boy's OverCompensation SB). I got 0 6* from the draw, Celerity was so-so and WHM was super-pathetic (1/11, and a dupe to boot).

I know you acknowledged "some gems", but that's an understatement.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Ahem. You got three Overstrikes thus far, one of them a dupe (and in particular the one I'm hounding for), and not only that, you got the best Mage Burst in the entire game at the moment, plus three more bursts (a great Imperil Holy/Buff/Debuff one, albeit on a sucky character, and a superb En-Wind one on a great character, alongside Aerith's early Burst Medica), and you're not sure about what to think of your draws so far? If I had gotten ijust your BLM Draw, I would have said that spending 150 Mythril on them all was worthwhile (even when you got Mama's Boy's OverCompensation SB). I got 0 6* from the draw, Celerity was so-so and WHM was super-pathetic (1/11, and a dupe to boot).

I know you acknowledged "some gems", but that's an understatement.
    Yeah. You have a very good point. I got some kickass gear. The problem I have is that while I have a number of sweet toys, they're all for the same roles: mages and fighters. A lot of DPS, some solid healing, and very little of anything else. Which works very well up until the edge of the game. Nightmare dungeons, Ultimate+, 4 star mote bosses, and the last half dozen elite dungeons I have left. I'm not even going to touch Torment. I've just not been able to get a leg up on them. I was really hoping I could overcome it if I could round my party out, but what I got bolstered where I was already strong rather than filling in where I am woefully deficient. A 6th DPS Overstrike isn't much of an improvement, as I can't really bring it to bear, but a support Ultra would have been a game changer. Which is a really pathetic thing to complain about, I know. Insultingly so, I am beginning to realize. So... uh... I apologize for showing the poor form to whine about my good fortune.

That and I was grateful to see the second Blood Sword. Terra's always been my favorite, but Rinoa seems to be the RNG's pet. It's satisfying to see Terra get one up on her rival, now sporting the single best mage weapon I have access to.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done surprisingly well on the LDs. I've pulled on 5 of the banners and currently sitting nicely at 15/55

Support - Skipped for now. I have Quina & Fran bursts already. Other prizes are on there but i'm waffling
    Summon - Rydia's Sleipnir's Tail, Alph's Veil of the Wiyu (dupe) Arc's White Mage robe(Dupe)
    Combat - Luneth's Dragon Lance, WoL's Excalibur, Garland's Soul Render & Ject's Sin Fang
    Celerity - Rikku Burst & Tyro's Last Judgement Grimoire!
    Black - Exdeath's Enuo's Scourge
    White - Yuna's Full Metal Staff, Ovelia's Lambent hat, Selphie's Crescent Wish, Beatrix's Force Shield (dupe) & Arc's White Mage Robe(dupe)

Obviously the 2 OSBs are big main prizes, alongside Rydia's burst, but Ovelia & Selphie Medicas are welcomed addition to the team.

The Force Shield was also a nice surprise, as it's now my 3rd and I'm able to safely 8star it, unlike the arc robes which are some of my few native 5star armours for FFIII.

I'm also starting to think MP hates me. At least 3 times i got close to beating Apoca!Sorcs and it drops the connection, making me fail it. It was never the most stable, mind you, but these last two-three weeks it's been really aggravating as i've been playing it on my desktop (whereas on my phone MP simply doesn't work, period) where i can at least boast a decent internet connection.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yay new thread.

First thing: I'm glad my suggestion for thread title amused at least one other. I too had the image of Zidane checking out Garnet's ... wallet.

Second thing: The flurry of LDs were kind to me. Only one thing in them is one I can say I was eager to see (and even then I was more eager to see it in someone else's pull than I was in my own) - but alot of it was good for me.

Combat: Ceodore Burst, Luneth Burst, Paine Burst
    Summoner: Terra OSB, Reynn Burst
    Celerity: Locke SSB dupe.
    Support: Wakka Burst, Sazh Burst
    White Mage: Arc Burst, Kuja Endark SSB
    Black Mage: Keeper SSB, Terra SSB1

So, 150 mythril for 12 relics, 1 dupe, 2 stat bumps, and the rest potentially useful. Terra's OSB put her back on team fire after Krile briefly usurped her position there. Ceodore's Burst is one I'm still not sure how I'll use. Paine's Burst open's team Water up to being a real possibility. Reynn's Burst was a big bump for team Ice. The rest of the bursts will boost their CMs and Kuja might wind up my second dedicated member of team dark. I'm very happy.

I did not gem pull on V-2 because I wasn't all that interested in anything and I've decided to start conserving my gems a bit until I actually want stuff.

I am not planning to pull for Ultra-Cloud despite the hype.

I am looking forward to Legend Materia though.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Halfling in the Playground

So I've got about 14 mithril right now and have only pulled on Combat and Black magic LDs. I was going to pull on the Celerity LD for one more futile attempt at TGC OSB, but then found out Cloud USB banner is coming up. Think we'll get enough mithril so I can pull on both or should I just save for a (just as futile) pull on Cloud USB? Also, is there info on a Lucky Draw for the upcoming DU?

Edit: I should note that I'm aware that Cloud USB is probably better as a RW, but a lot of the stuff on that banner also looks good.
    Last edited by Wayac; 2017-06-05 at 05:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

What's funny about this thread is that the title is too long for the top of our posts, and now we all live in Deb. Poor Deb.

I passed on all the Lucky Draws, saving my mythril for Extreme Fest.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Well, we now know that future titles should be shorter. (I'm thinking the next one should be "Guardians Should Whale, Not Think.")

In other news, maintenance announcement was made today. Maintenance will be later in the week.

Here's the odd thing. We're expecting the DU tomorrow, 6/6. But maintenance is scheduled for Thursday, 6/8. This means either (1) the DU will precede maintenance, which suggests that EXTREME Fest will follow, or (2) the DU will be put off until after maintenance, which is what frequently happens, and EXTREME Fest will happen whenever it does.

Here are some things Redditors are anticipating after this maintenance:
    • Translations of events, including Zenith of Crisis (boss rushes), FFXIV (Noctis), FFI/Mobius (Meia)
    • Translations of Full Throttle and possibly Rebirth dungeons
    • Translations of Legend Materia and Legend Relics

What Reddit doesn't seem sure of is when we'll get EXTREME Fest. Maybe it will drop alongside Zenith of Crisis (which may or may not include Awakening Cloud), maybe it will be pushed off later. But we'll know after this Thursday, because whatever comes through maintenance will get datamined pretty quickly.

In other news, fricking Gogo. First, something about the U++ you need to understand. Unlike past Gogos, the imitation game isn't merely "Do nothing for a few turns, then the fight starts." It's an optional thing, hard in its own way but easier in others. Here's how it works. You will need four abilities - Firaga, Holy, Flare, and Meteor. Two of those are things you should probably have by now; the other two are a waste. You may use no abilities other than these. That includes buffs (e.g. Shellga), heals, or even the Defend command - if you take any action other than one of those, he will fully heal himself and you get a more suitably hard U++ fight. In some ways, this is harder than a regular fight - you need to fire off your mimic spells immediately, can't buff, and can't heal. Plus side, if you use all four abilities correctly and survive, you're done; you've mimicked and won the fight. You only need each one once, too.

If you don't go the mimic route, he's a typically tough U++. Bring DEF boosts as well as RES boosts, because he will periodically just straight-up smack you. Bring an instant-heal if you can, because Maelstrom can drop allies to 1 HP, which is basically a death sentence. Also, he frequently Hastes (and Counter Hastes) himself, and if you don't get rid of that ASAP, the hurt will accumulate fast.

Ironically, my V team is both over-equipped and under-powered. I say over-equipped because they have a ton of synergy gear, plenty of SBs, and three OSB/USBs to bring to this fight. I say under-powered because I don't have even a single BSB for my V team, so my ability uses are finite and frustrating.

Time to keep plugging away.

EDIT: And my very next fight I knock him down. The secret was OK BSB RW. This kept Krile firing solid pewpew, while Gil used Banishing Strike and everyone else brought their maximum firepower. One medal lost to actions taken, one to damage taken, mastery and CM get.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2017-06-05 at 09:16 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

12. - Top - End - #12

On the one hand - I just shattered my copy of firaga - on the other I think I have the orbs for r1 flare and holy (and might even keep holy afterwards). I'm low on earth orbs at the moment so I'm unlikely to try hitting gogo's mimic party but having exdeath, krile, and Lenna should have enough ability spread to cover the spells needed - bartz with a draw magic materia and RS armor should be able to tank most of the ST abilities - put a magic blink on the meteor caster to survive the ape and that should cover the CM - I'm pretty sure the victory medals require full team though which means an A team battle afterwards. - not sure which I'll do.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPanda View Post
    On the one hand - I just shattered my copy of firaga - on the other I think I have the orbs for r1 flare and holy (and might even keep holy afterwards). I'm low on earth orbs at the moment so I'm unlikely to try hitting gogo's mimic party but having exdeath, krile, and Lenna should have enough ability spread to cover the spells needed - bartz with a draw magic materia and RS armor should be able to tank most of the ST abilities - put a magic blink on the meteor caster to survive the ape and that should cover the CM - I'm pretty sure the victory medals require full team though which means an A team battle afterwards. - not sure which I'll do.
    It's not worth crafting R1s of the 5* spells just for the CM. It's 3 dark orbs, and as useful as dark orbs are, you can score that on one lucky Friday.

Beat Gogo CM-style myself. Sheepsong and Power of the void provided enough boosting, as well as a handy res boost to cut ~300 damage off of his meteors. If you have instant KO resist you can ignore maelstrom, and from there he's just an annoying AoE spammer. I don't have any V BSBs or non-shared medicas, and brought 4 lv. 80s and a 65 Gogo to the fight. Didn't have a ton of trouble with it.

Sadly, Twintania doesn't have an Odin-sized vulnerability in this version, but stacking magic breaks will make short work of him. I decided to try a no-wall run:

• Ramza: Shout and breakdowns
    • Vaan: Ark Blast
    • Eiko: Physical team's best friend
    • Agrias: BSB to get medals, Cleansing Strike to null his defense
    • Kimahri: Imperil Water plus some handy backup healing from BSB command 1

RW: Fujin BSB

Did I hit the debuff cap? Oh yeah. Ultimate Gigaflare hit for about 1400 damage, everything else was half that except for the physicals- an unlucky counter took out Ramza, so I had to do the last 40% sans shout. Definitely the easiest A+ so far.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    What's funny about this thread is that the title is too long for the top of our posts, and now we all live in Deb. Poor Deb.
    Oh man, I didn't even notice that. I'll be tickled every time I see that for the next 50 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    In other news, fricking Gogo. ... Plus side, if you use all four abilities correctly and survive, you're done; you've mimicked and won the fight.
    That's actually not the case! This time around, passing the mimic gimmick gives him lower stats (particularly SPD) and a somewhat easier AI script. It's... not even close to worth the effort, as far as I can tell.

Also arguably not worth the effort? Using MP for Apoc+ Omniscient. Your mileage may vary depending on your FF5 synergy and fire elemental SBs, but his damage output is obscene in MP. Grand Cross prevents some of his nuisance spells - Slows early on and counters in late phases - but his Ultimate -ga spells will absolutely light you up unless you've got full mitigation up (Wall, Shellga, MAG breakdown, full break) and they'll still hit pretty hard unless you sneak another layer or two in there. He felt much more manageable in SP, though admittedly adding Terra's en-fire on top of her OSB means I was pretty well equipped for this one.
    Merlin the Tuna

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Heads-up for all of you waiting for the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw.

It seems FFRKCentral has revealed the DU Lucky Draw news, and it claims that the relics are those before 5/9 of this year. In short - there's a small chance we might not get the relics from the current V event OR the previous VIII event. So, if you were hoping for Axis Blade, be on your watch because you might not get it in this draw.

On the other hand: we're getting the Dungeon Update today, so there's that. Prepare for maintenance on Thursday, to see if we get ExtremeFest or not. Also, Reddit is claiming that the next event will be another FF Mobius collab, this time with Meia. Still no Bard motes or Eiko Record Spheres for you guys.
    On Lawful Good:

16. - Top - End - #16

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    Heads-up for all of you waiting for the Dungeon Update Lucky Draw.

It seems FFRKCentral has revealed the DU Lucky Draw news, and it claims that the relics are those before 5/9 of this year. In short - there's a small chance we might not get the relics from the current V event OR the previous VIII event. So, if you were hoping for Axis Blade, be on your watch because you might not get it in this draw.

On the other hand: we're getting the Dungeon Update today, so there's that. Prepare for maintenance on Thursday, to see if we get ExtremeFest or not. Also, Reddit is claiming that the next event will be another FF Mobius collab, this time with Meia. Still no Bard motes or Eiko Record Spheres for you guys.
    I figured they'd push Cloud back to fest, as it's just one banner and a short mini-event anyway. The maintenance has to introduce legend spheres because the upcoming VI event brings up both LMR (legend materia relics) and Full Throttle event fights, which yield 4* and 5* motes. Hooray for legend spheres!

The best part of legend spheres is that they seem to have learned from a lot of the record spheres' mistakes. If you want 5* motes, you'll need to beat full throttle fights instead of MP fights. FT fights from events are really easy and FT battles recur with realm events too: so if you can't beat FT Chadarnook this time (he is very strict about enforcing his gimmick), you can wait until the Umaro/Gogo event and try again. FT torments also recur, so the only missable 5* motes come from the revenge dungeons, of which there have only been two instances so far in JP.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Well, LD is up! Time to pull, because if it's half price, I'm pulling!

Survey says: 3/11!

Raijin's Staff! Great BSB! Already have it.

Zell's Crystal Glove! So-so SSB. Already have it.

Gaffgarion's Shell! Admittedly, pretty useful - 4-hit Dark/NE AoE with party Ether. Not bad. And it's synergy armor, which is a plus.

Still... Not my best pull.

18. - Top - End - #18

DU LD is up, my wife is out of town so I'm expecting a bad pull.

2/11 1 rainbow and 1 disco
    Marach SSB - likely not to get used since my T team is alread strong with Rapha's bsb and SSB- still maybe if I really need to mage a T cm.

Gilgaflow! While I know it isn't the best overflow it compliments my V team well and gives me a reason to triple break Gilgamesh.

Also I imagine the party banter when using it goes like this:
    Krile: grandpa!
    Ghost Galuf (from Krile's bsb): Earth
    Krile: Fire
    Bartz: Wind
    Lenna: water
    Faris: ...
    Bartz: Faris?
    Faris: I am not saying it.
    Lenna: come on, you gotta.
    Faris: its way too pretty princess.
    Krile: please?
    Faris: I'm not using that power.
    Bartz: well use something, if we can't call captain crystal we're done for.
    Faris: (drawing power from her long coat): Badass!
    Gilgamesh: honestly that's the only one I needed.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

2/11.

Y'shtola (my main healer, actually): Protect, Shell, Major Regen. Not a bad tool to have in the bag.

RAIJIN Cid: BSB. Since I already have the OSB? Awesome!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Dungeon Update has arrived, and so does its LD banner! Lemme see what I get...

2/11, 2 rainbows, no THUNDER GOD SWORD disco ball.

• Thancred's Air Kni...wait, a dupe!? FML.
    • Rapha's Cypress Pole! Another Burst for the FFT, and the companion Burst for the Galthena siblings. I already got Marach's on the BLM Lucky Draw, so Rapha gets to join in the fun! It's supposedly one of the better Bursts, since it provides a huge Magic buff and self-healing, but no En-Lightning, which is a minus.

While the Lucky Draw DOES have the recent FFV/FFVIII equipment (Lenna's Dress, Axis Blade, etc.), I didn't got anything from V OR VIII, which is a real shame because VIII still needs some support. Tactics? Not that much. I mean, other than Delita, everybody there has an SB, and an astounding amount of Bursts: there's 8 characters already released (Ramza, Agrias, Delita, Ovelia, Gaffy, Rapha, Marach, and THUNDER GOD Orlandeau), and I got Bursts for half of them (the latter 4), not to mention about 3 relics per character for the other three (Shout, Tailwind and Hail of Stones for Ramza; Holy Knight's Charge, Cleansing Strike and Holy Blade for Agrias; Aegis, Divine Ward and Princess' Prayer for Ovelia), so it's either a Burst or a SB Overload for 7 of the 8 released characters (and Gaffy is one SB short of SB Overload WITH Burst, so...)

That also makes Team Lightning sorta interesting - Ashe as main damage dealer, Rapha as buffing support, Marach as debuffing support, and all three two out of three have a reliable self-healing option (Burst Commands for Ashe; Dire Heal for Marach; Rapha's Burst Command 1 heals much like Gaffy's Burst Command 2). Still need an Imperil Lightning Burst for Team Lightning shenanigans...

Still, if it means something: I always found good use for the Galthena siblings. Marach, why in heathenly tarnation did you forgot to get Bard 4/5?
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2017-06-06 at 09:40 PM.
    On Lawful Good:

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Woot! No disco ball, but I went 3/11, and got my first damn relic for Squall, and it's pretty much his best one I believe, his Axis Blade!!!! Hell yeah :). Seems like my luck is getting a bit better, last draw I got the weapon for the dude in II that has Last Stand, and now I get Squall's Axis Blade.

Other two items were both SSB's, the one just further cements Faris place in my permanent party, I do believe I now have all of her relics, or at least damn close to it(USB(Phantom), BSSB(Beryl Serpent), SSB(Faris Bracer, her Serpents Gale, just got), SB(Sea Lords Broadside). Not sure if I'm missing anything else, but she's literally a one woman debuffing/wrecking machine now). The other was also V, Kriles Beast Killer, which is pretty useless, as I don't even have Krile leveled, nor do I even remember who he/she is, LOL.

Edit: Ya know, thinking about it, I think Cloud may have just had his place saved in the permanent party by Faris, as Squall's BSB could have allowed him to challenge Cloud for supremacy, but Faris SSB is an imperil wind, and I have Clouds OSB Finishing Touch which is wind damage.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-06-06 at 09:48 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Best pull in a while. Went 3/11 - 1 disco, 2 rainbows.

Sasuke's Blade
    Ehrgeiz
    Titan's Glove

So the big ticket winner is obviously Ramza's USB. Combined with his Shout, he's going to be a very nice buff character.

Zell's Ehrgeiz is useless as I have his BSB so that was a dud.

Galuf's Titan's Glove is a nice little SSB for V, and gives me another stat stick there, albeit a limited use one.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

My pull:

2/11 Come on FFVIII ice relics!

1 Disco, 1 rainbow

Disco = Agrias OSB
    Rainbow = Krile's BSB

Well well. FFT didn't need the help (but I'm not going to look an OSB in the mouth!), but Krile's BSB makes her a solid fixture on Team Fire or a mage meta team.

Darn good pull.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

24. - Top - End - #24

2/11 for me, and a big win at that! Rafa's BSB is a great party support tool with a MAG/DEF bargain built in, and maybe most importantly she's my first remotely relevant lightning-elemental SB. It's not an en-element, but it's still plenty handy. And for number two, it's Faris USB! Maybe a little bit late since I've already 100%'d the Torment dungeon, but it's great and for a great character (who I already sphere'd a bunch for said Torment dungeon). After a relative whiff on the Support LD, this is a great bit of catch up.

I will say that my collection of 6* items is kinda weird, though. Gilgamesh's OSB spear is the closest thing to "normal", and even that's a fairly non-portable weapon type. But after that, I've got Terra's MAG Sword, Tyro's robe, Kain's heavy armor, and Faris's coat. I would not have expected having more 6* armor than weapons.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-06-06 at 10:56 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

25. - Top - End - #25

Re: Rapha burst - it is awesome!

+ Mag/Res (stacks with most buffs). Command two aoe + bargain. Command 1 4xhit + cura.

Rapha herself has dance options, white magic, black magic, and witch which is awesome.

With those buffs and something like onion burst, or Garnet burst 2) she's hitting really darn hard already. If you do what I do and slap penelo burst on there too it gets obscene (near cap on all hits plus ~ 2000 hp heal). I also slap Shantoto's chain in there to be as obnoxiously powerful as I can.

Now if you are just comparing her and her brother in a vacuum he might win out burst wise. They compliment each other well, buff and debuff to maximize the pain you put out while minimizing the pain the enemy can put out. She's still darn useful though. Her off healing won't replace a full time healer but it will give you precious breathing room without loosing dps.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as I put the mythril down for the Support banner (1/11 - Barret's Heavy Vulcan, BTW, which is slightly worse then my Exeter/11 pull on the FFVIII banner by virtue that only Barret can naturally uses these as it requires tyro to amputate his hand on every equip. Others then Irvine can at least use the gun), they now have a DU earlier then you normally have them.

Gosh dangit DeNA! Let me save my mythril for a while. Now i'm going to have to grind for my 25 mythril. at least dungeons are half off.

That being out of the way Ult++ Gogo was... something? I don't have flare or meteor and i refuse to make them. Which meant a few S/Ls were needed before I could get the whole party sans tyro to defend from potential 9999 damage (which is what his holy & flare were doing) while wall was coming up, once that was done it was a quick shellga then proceed to break him and coast the rest of the fight as Tyro kept him unhasted via Banishing Strike.

Gogo failed to mimic the awesomeness of:
    Vaan - Mug Bloodlust R2, Lifesiphon R4 - Ace Striker - Ark Blast
    OK - Wrath R5, Full Charge R3 - Battleforged - Vessel of Fate
    Fran - Wrath R5, Full Break R4 - Knight's Charge - Gaze of the Void
    Tyro - Banishing Strike R3, Protectga R2 - DrMog - Sentinel Grimoire
    Eiko - Curaja R4, Shellga R2 - Mako Might - Prayer of the Lost
    RW - Ramza : Shout

Apoca!Twintania was a bit different. Actually went in mixed team for this one as I needed Tyro to run Banishing Strike & Sapphire Shot for medal conditions. Pretty easy once if you've got good magic mitigation as in the later stages he just spams AoE stuff, either through actions or counters.

Thankfully, in both cases my Physical ATeam is rather adept at breaking a boss' stats.

Twintania got trounced by:
    Vaan - Mug Bloodlust R2, Lifesiphon R4 - Ace Striker - Ark Blast
    OK - Wrath R5, Protectga R2 - Battleforged - Vessel of Fate
    Fran - Wrath R5, Full Break R4 - Knight's Charge - Gaze of the Void
    Tyro - Banishing Strike R3, Sapphire Shot R2 - DrMog - Sentinel Grimoire
    Eiko - Curaja R4, Shellga R2 - Mako Might - Prayer of the Lost
    RW - Ramza : Shout

So yeah, only a minor alteration needed for twintania in that OK took over Protectga duty and ran a full mage setup and spammed his Com2 under his own magic buff for about 11.5k per use. nothing special, but he was consistent. Tyro did less then usual that fight by only using Sentinel Grimoire while putting out token damage. At least VS Gogo he kept the famed mimic unhasted.

Have not tried the Omnicient fight yet. not looking forward to it though. mostly due to how unreliable MP has been to me lately.

EDIT: MP was actually very agreeable with me it seems and the fight went off without a hitch. Tyro+OK on a Dancer & offensive mage setup worked in our favour as the team of complete randos also had a Sheepsong and Metamorphosis on board to boost the OSB Terra who just tore up the boss's last phase.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-06-07 at 06:24 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Oh I guess I'll give the DU LD a chance. 1 Rainbow, 1 Disco...

Well, that's not disappointing at all. I got Selphie's USB which is pretty sweet, and Mustadio's SSB which isn't bad at all, considering my general lack of firearms.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #28

Chimera

According to Reddit, our next event will skip a few weeks and jump to the Jihl Nabaat XIII event. This is going to be unpleasant.

The A+ for this event is Proudclad, and it is brutal. It's a physical-only boss with 3 parts, each of which have their own attacks. Being physical-only means breaks are less effective unless you can stack them heavily. When you drop the main body to 40%, it goes nuts and starts spamming piercing attacks against you until one side is dead. But I haven't mentioned the worst part yet.

Only the body is targetable. The bits, which spend weak phase blasting you with ~2K piercing attacks, cannot be targeted. So no dances or SB breakdowns can touch them, and since their attacks pierce, there's no reducing their damage.

In JP, what you could do is bring your strongest lightning attacks, RW Cloud USB, and try to blitz it down from 50% in 2-3 turns. That's how I did it with Lightning USB; my second cast did 20K per hit x 10 hits. We won't have Cloud USB to balance it out, though. Hopefully they make the bits targetable, because otherwise it's going to be brutal.

Oh yeah, 2/11 on the LD. Rafa's SSB (whee, a hastega for Tactics) and my third copy of Exdeath's armor.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 2017-06-07 at 10:01 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    According to Reddit, our next event will skip a few weeks and jump to the Jihl Nabaat XIII event. This is going to be unpleasant.
    In some ways, yes. But that means that we might get our first Legend Materia, and - amazingly - they might not belong to Cloud. The XIII event, in addition to debuting Jihl Nabaat, gives us LM relics for Lightning and Cid Raines on banner 1, and Snow and Vanille on banner 2. (Banner 1 also features Lightning's USB with her EX Mode, Flash, which boosts her ATK and gives her Quick Cast 1 after using a Lightning ability.) Now, Legend Materia relics were actually supposed to debut, if memory serves, in the upcoming VI event, and I think LMs proper would have debuted before that - but we're skipping all that crap. Which means that, assuming they follow the JP banners, our first taste of LMs will include LM relics - which, if I understand correctly, lets you avoid the hassle of having to fully RD to unlock LMs.

So... Yeah. This will be something to... Watch.

Plus side, if they're holding off on EXTREME Fest, then maybe - just maybe, but I won't hold my breath - they'll include LM relics when it rolls around.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

This lucky draw is confusing. Now, I get three rainbows. And they're Shout, Asylum and Sword of Saints.

The problem? They're all dupes!