New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    In some ways, yes. But that means that we might get our first Legend Materia, and - amazingly - they might not belong to Cloud. The XIII event, in addition to debuting Jihl Nabaat, gives us LM relics for Lightning and Cid Raines on banner 1, and Snow and Vanille on banner 2. (Banner 1 also features Lightning's USB with her EX Mode, Flash, which boosts her ATK and gives her Quick Cast 1 after using a Lightning ability.) Now, Legend Materia relics were actually supposed to debut, if memory serves, in the upcoming VI event, and I think LMs proper would have debuted before that - but we're skipping all that crap. Which means that, assuming they follow the JP banners, our first taste of LMs will include LM relics - which, if I understand correctly, lets you avoid the hassle of having to fully RD to unlock LMs.

So... Yeah. This will be something to... Watch.

Plus side, if they're holding off on EXTREME Fest, then maybe - just maybe, but I won't hold my breath - they'll include LM relics when it rolls around.
    Yep. Legend Materia relics grant the proper character access to the LM regardless, though you might have to be lv. 50 to equip them. They're mastered like regular SBs and grant +10 to a stat on mastery. In terms of power, they're usually in-between the first legend materia and the second gained from diving.

Lightning's USB is awkward because of Lightning's skillset. It's not just quickcast, it's Thunder God speed. Her problem is she doesn't have many good lightning attacks unless you dive her to spellblade 5* or have her BSB2. If you just have her USB, you're best served to save her gauges and spam the USB over and over again, maybe even with an entrust bot.

I do think they'll unlock the legend materia system for us post-maintenance and toss us some 5* motes to work with, and they'll unlock dives with the events as normal.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

The MP for the V event wasn't too bad all told. I managed to grab two good teams in a row and knock him down.

I focused on supporting and healing bringing Yshtola with wall, burst, and Aetherial pulse. Both times someone else threw down wall so I threw down the SSB. Before MP I thought that SSB was lame, but it really has started to shine. My second was Penelo with dances and her burst. Her Danae out out was pitiful compared to the Cid Raines, Papalymo, and Terras I met but a solid poke now and then between medicas and dances kept my mind sky high while also handing out some damage.

I did wind up with good groups overall and on the harder run we had someone take care of dispelling the regen (ignored it on the easier run). I certainly didn't feel like the MVP in any of the fights but neither did I think i was failing to earn my keep.

Actually had a harder time against a boss in an elite dungeon from a few events back (Tiamat IX). Though having Steiner and Zidane mash it to death with squall burst-2 was very rewarding.

Edit: legen dive hype!

I've found harder difficulties favor a certain amount of defensive play and Yshtola remains one of, if not, my best healer - so I'm tempted to invest in her right off the bat. I have been hoarding my 4* motes so the real payoff from legend dives is that I'll finally use some of them (though I don't think they get any more common in the foreseeable future). I'm also excited for full throttle dungeons.
    Last edited by SuperPanda; 2017-06-07 at 10:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh them legend dive hype.

I've got Vaan all ready and Fran's missing a handful of Dexterity motes. Which I would have if i could've gotten a MP team to do the FFXII Apocalypse garden weeds.

EDIT: Did my DU pull. 2/11, both dupes: Lambent Hat & Venetian Shield.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-06-08 at 01:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Haven't even tried teintainia Apoc yet - I'm still trying to think up my team composition.

The variety of breakdowns needed screams Faris with wrath access - can add on sapphire shot for water medals.

The holy weakness calls out to Agrias, Ceodore, and Cecil. This might be the fight where Cecil cedes his seat on team holy to Ceodore. Alternately WoL with life siphon and his OSB. Need to check all three for spear use.

Yshtola remains almost certain as a healer but with Faris using wrath to keep her burst and ultra up I might need penelo as well.

Thinking of trying it with:
    Agrias: burst/enholy super - guard bringer and Gaia cross.

Ceodore: life siphon, saints cross, burst.

Faris: ultra/burst - wrath, sapphire shot

Yshtola- wall, shellga, curaja

Penelo - protectga, multi break, burst.

Rw: onion.

This should give me enough heals, debuff, and mitigation to stand a chance.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Maintenance is now in session.

Now we wait.

6. - Top - End - #36

Yeah, I got twintania down to an invisible life bar when wall failed, my team wiped to a counter and then servers went offline.

Will be an interesting one to watch updates for.

7. - Top - End - #37

RedWizardGuy

My last few pulls:

Celerity LD: 2/11 - Zidane's BSB and T.G.Cid's SSB.

Update LD: 2/11 - Ovelia's Lambert Hat and Thancred's Teko (dupe).

Wind team is looking great, with Zidane, Zack and Freya's Bursts. Lambert hat is worse Vanille's USB, and ThunderGod's sword isn't that hot in comparison with Lighting's USB - or other Holy users as Ceodore and Firion.

Still have the WM and Summoner's LD pending.

At least, with the event order changed, I will have enough time to get mythril for Mog's Relic.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2017-06-08 at 06:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

And maintenance is done! Guess what we have?

First off, Nightmare Relic Draw! It is not a Lucky Draw, so I, for one, will not be pulling, but it exists.

Second, Legend Materia are officially a thing, as are Legend Dives! Here is a quick list of LMs (from diving, not from LM relics). Remember that, unlike RMs, LMs are unique to that character, so only invest your precious motes in characters you intend to use!

Third, and you're going to love this - you will have, in your box, 25 of each 5-star mote, 50 of each 4-star mote, and 50 of each 3-star mote. They also snuck a mythril in among your regular gifts as an apology for a stamina issue. Enjoy that!

The announcements list who has initial LM access, so scroll through that to see whether you're going to start diving or hold off.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Well Legend Materia certainly seem awesome. Now if only I could more reliably get 4* and 5* motes of any kind. I've never had any luck trying the 4* mote dungeons.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I will say I really don't like the Legend system. First off, they didn't give enough to reach even one unlock (Cloud was close enough to maxing out that I was able to get him there, but there were insufficient 5* motes to get to the materia). Given how much a royal pain in the ass 4* motes are to get (rarely available and only through absurdly difficult bosses), not to mention the skill motes, this will be worse on a scale I dread to imagine.

What does that mean? From now on, there will be a hole in the user interface that will be nearly impossible to fill, and that hole will just sit there like a lead balloon.

On the other hand, my Cloud has a base attack of 299, utterly dwarfing his rivals of Onion Knight (260), Orlandeau (249), and Zidane (243). Ouch.

Also, finally got enough mythril to get the other two lucky draws. White mage was kind to me, update was disappointing.

White Mage: Sarah's Light Robe (Burst), Ovelia's Mage's Staff (Burst), Penelo's Hermes' Suit (Ultra)
    Update: Papalymo's Stardust Rod (Super)
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2017-06-08 at 09:34 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

11. - Top - End - #41

Chimera

Legend Materia (and 4* motes) get a little easier now with the advent of Full Throttle (or as we're calling them, Jump Start) battles. These are added to every event with the U/U++/A+. The rules for these fights are:

• Beat the A+ boss for the event, usually with the exact same stats as in the regular event
    • Your party start with 3 full SB gauges, as well as a set ATB level, usually 50%
    • You can't gain or transfer SB at all, only use it.

These are generally very easy, because you have a lot of SB to work with, and the bosses don't get an adjustment to compensate most of the time (and when they do, it's a little more HP that doesn't balance out being able to start in nova mode). Beating these rewards 40 4* motes and 30 5* motes of a single type. Additionally, they're balancing the legend mote requirements better than the 4* motes, so no more "everyone requires all the vitality motes".
    Legend dives are a pretty large jump in power, netting ~1000 HP and a lot of stat boosts, so even partial dives are a big boost- my keeper's already up 15 attack and 15 magic from the first little bit I spent on him.

12. - Top - End - #42

Did the DU lucky and landed Lenna's USB and Rapha's BSB. Both are pretty nice pieces, though I've got more lightning than I can use at this point. Going to have to see how Lenna's does in practice - it doesn't heal as much as a good medica, but that's a nicertain buff. I have her mace of Zeus, so I could open with the USB and use her real medica for healing.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

And Reddit is pretty much done datamining dates. So let's discuss that for a moment.

First of all, we're now expecting EXTREME Fest to start on Saturday, June 24. Which means you have the upcoming XIII event, the following IX event, and the first part of the VI event, to build up a mythril cache. Note that the Fest also overlaps with the XII event, which is another source of mythril. We're also expecting an orbfest, which means bonus mythril there, too, and the Zenith of Crisis / Mired in Crisis boss event, which means more bonus mythril. Stock up, is the takeaway here.

Which leads us to the second point - upcoming dates. Here is a list of upcoming events by date. Here is a list of banners from upcoming events, by date. Yes, many of these include LMRs (Legend Materia Relics). Yes, some of those LMRs actually have some pretty useful and non-generic boosts.

Lastly, a third point - Awakening Cloud. The long-awaited VII event with Cloud's long-awaited game-breaking USB will drop on July 4, after EXTREME Fest has concluded. For those of you who don't yet know why Cloud's USB is considered obscene, here's the quick and dirty: In addition to its damage effect, Cloud's USB gives him Crit=100% and 15 seconds of EX Mode: Soldier. Soldier gives Cloud a damage boost, and allows all PHY abilities to break the damage cap, a la OSBs. So he's guaranteed crits with every hit, and can overflow damage. Couple that with a strong source of multi-hit damage and he basically explodes everything forever.

Yeah. It's a bit popular.

So, save up your mythril, and don't despair if you can't seem to crack those motes yet.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Legend Materia (and 4* motes) get a little easier now with the advent of Full Throttle (or as we're calling them, Jump Start) battles. These are added to every event with the U/U++/A+. The rules for these fights are:

• Beat the A+ boss for the event, usually with the exact same stats as in the regular event
    • Your party start with 3 full SB gauges, as well as a set ATB level, usually 50%
    • You can't gain or transfer SB at all, only use it.

These are generally very easy, because you have a lot of SB to work with, and the bosses don't get an adjustment to compensate most of the time (and when they do, it's a little more HP that doesn't balance out being able to start in nova mode). Beating these rewards 40 4* motes and 30 5* motes of a single type. Additionally, they're balancing the legend mote requirements better than the 4* motes, so no more "everyone requires all the vitality motes".
    Legend dives are a pretty large jump in power, netting ~1000 HP and a lot of stat boosts, so even partial dives are a big boost- my keeper's already up 15 attack and 15 magic from the first little bit I spent on him.
    Which mission is the A+ boss? Is that the level 220 one? Because if that's the case I'm more frustrated than before.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

@ Calemyr
    Yeah, the current topmost difficulty weekly ones, D220, are the Apoca+

Now that my excitement has died down, those 4star motes were just what I needed. Both me and Fran thanks you DeNA. Gonna wait for at least 32 of each before i start upgrading characters so I can at least get their first LM though

Also: Eiko still cannot be dived and still no bard motes. Yet. FFRKCentral does indicate that there is a hint in the codes that Angelsong is coming on June 10th, so we may get both sooner then later. Not hype train levels of excitement, but maybe hype kiddie train at the mall?

Also also: As Red Fel noted, Cloud USB is nuts, but it turns the nuttyness up to 15 in the Jump Start fights with the right party setup.

As an example I'll use a wind team: Fang (ImpWind BSB), Luneth (EnWind BSB), Zidane (EnWind SSB), Quina (boostga SSB, BSB is fullbreak & has atk/def and mag/res debuff commands), Aerith (BSB medica).

Normally I would have Fang lifesiphon a few times, ImpWind, then proceed to build meter to keep the imperil up. During this time Luneth and Zidane are lifesiphoning to prepare their own EnWinds then proceed to Com1/SliceNDice respectively to gain a second bar and unleash their respective OSBs while maintaining good damage. Quina would probably unleash my RW of choice and proceed to use their BSB or frog drop as needed for the fight. Aerith heals and ProShellga.

But in a post-Cloud USB during a Full Throttle? On the normal weekly apocalypse fight, using that party:

Fang: BSB x3, three imperil winds in a row are now stacked
    Luneth (with OSB spear & Cid's wind goggles): RW Cloud : BSB (8hits+EnWind) > BSB > BSB
    Zidane (with his vest): RW Cloud : SSB (8hits+EnWind) > SSB > SSB
    Quina: Frog Drop > Burst > Armour Breakdown > Com 1
    Aerith: Heal? Will the boss last long enough for 3 Medica Bursts to be relevant?

EnElement+SB in an environment where the boss is weak vs the element, you're under a raw damage boost+guaranteed crits aura, have a 50% atk boost, have elemental damage boosting gear & RMs (we'll say Bart's Wind x1.3 and Tyro's Weakness x1.3 on Luneth and Zidane respectvely) AND you ignore the 9999 damage cap? Each of those hits will hurt a lot.

This is why the SB is called a game changer: it allows you to stack buffs you would normally stop at a certain point because of the damage cap. It also works on any other element, I just used wind since it's my most prominent element, if you have a physical holy team, bring down divine punishment on the pitiable fools.

But if you can beat the apocalypse+ fight, the Full Throttle is more of a victory lap then anything, IMO.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I'm very much leaning towards not pulling for it and just RW the thing instead after some consideration.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-06-08 at 03:22 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    And Reddit is pretty much done datamining dates. So let's discuss that for a moment.

First of all, we're now expecting EXTREME Fest to start on Saturday, June 24. Which means you have the upcoming XIII event, the following IX event, and the first part of the VI event, to build up a mythril cache. Note that the Fest also overlaps with the XII event, which is another source of mythril. We're also expecting an orbfest, which means bonus mythril there, too, and the Zenith of Crisis / Mired in Crisis boss event, which means more bonus mythril. Stock up, is the takeaway here.

Which leads us to the second point - upcoming dates. Here is a list of upcoming events by date. Here is a list of banners from upcoming events, by date. Yes, many of these include LMRs (Legend Materia Relics). Yes, some of those LMRs actually have some pretty useful and non-generic boosts.

Lastly, a third point - Awakening Cloud. The long-awaited VII event with Cloud's long-awaited game-breaking USB will drop on July 4, after EXTREME Fest has concluded. For those of you who don't yet know why Cloud's USB is considered obscene, here's the quick and dirty: In addition to its damage effect, Cloud's USB gives him Crit=100% and 15 seconds of EX Mode: Soldier. Soldier gives Cloud a damage boost, and allows all PHY abilities to break the damage cap, a la OSBs. So he's guaranteed crits with every hit, and can overflow damage. Couple that with a strong source of multi-hit damage and he basically explodes everything forever.

Yeah. It's a bit popular.

So, save up your mythril, and don't despair if you can't seem to crack those motes yet.
    holy hell. I've been wondering why peeps have been so excited for Clouds USB. I think you just convinced me to skip all of Extreme FEst and blow 200-250 mythril chasing after Clouds USB instead.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    holy hell. I've been wondering why peeps have been so excited for Clouds USB. I think you just convinced me to skip all of Extreme FEst and blow 200-250 mythril chasing after Clouds USB instead.
    To be fair, as Oxy points out, you could just RW the thing. I would.

There's also the small matter of the fact that the Lucky Draws aren't over yet. We're still apparently expecting three more - one of Imperils, one of Medicas, and one of BSBs. (Remember this trio?) The dates haven't been datamined, but we expect them before EXTREME Fest drops, so that's something to consider.

Here is a quick list of the first banner, Imperils. They include:
    • Fire: Galuf's, Locke's, and Thancred's BSBs, and Steiner's and Balthier's SSBs
    • Ice: Laguna's SSB
    • Lightning: Laguna's, Garnet's, and Lightning's BSBs, and Desch's, Cid (IV)'s, and Fran's SSBs
    • Water: Kimahri's and Rikku's BSBs
    • Wind: Zack's, Zidane's, and Fang's BSBs, and Faris' SSB
    • Earth: Guy's and Yang's SSBs
    • Holy: Edward's, Beatrix's, and Agrias' BSBs, and Leo's and Cid Raines' SSBs
    • Dark: Exdeath's, Kuja's, Seymour's, and Gabranth's BSBs (and possibly Jihl's), and Fusoya's, Rufus', and Edea's SSBs
    • Bio: Edgar's SSB

That's 19 BSBs, 15 SSBs, which is a pretty solid balance. It's legitimately hard for me; I want to be able to skip these banners, but there are some really quality choices here (as well as a few older models). And I have about... Three of the relics listed.

Well, if it's half price, I'm pulling, I guess.

18. - Top - End - #48

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Don't chase it. The banner itself is really good and is worth a pull or two, but Cloud USB isn't like wall, where not bringing it is a significant handicap. It's nice to have natively because then you can legend dive Cloud and get doublecast combat for double omega drives. It's nice to RW so long as you gear your party around those ~6 turns of massive damage you'll get out of it. On the whole, though, I've preferred to ignore it and just RW wall with a plain, balanced team for most hard fights.

There's some more great stuff coming up, so don't blow all your mythril: Celes BSB2 (runic plus lots of self-boosting), Rikku USB (hastega, proshellga, Atk/Mag + 30%, on a character with dancer 5 and thief/machinist/shooter 5), along with the smorgasbord of quality from the Fest. Sadly, Cecil and Gilgamesh's USBs aren't great, but Terra's is extremely powerful.

A little further down the road, Edge's USB and later Shadow's will establish them as near competitors to Cloud USB in terms of damage output, crazy as that may sound. Cloud's still better, but Edge/Shadow can at least enter the conversation. Those USBs add a "chase mode", where you get a free attack every time you use a ninja skill of a certain element, water for Edge, dark for Shadow. Combined with the ninja skills released in their respective events, you can get a scenario where they're dropping SSB-level damage every single turn before accounting for en-elements or weakness, and doing so at Thunder God mode speeds.

19. - Top - End - #49

Did an ill-advised pull on the XIII-1 banner (what can I say, I was distracted by all the shiny new stuff and Raines BSB.) Got Serah's SSB2, which at least gives me an in-realm hastega and magic boost, and Nabaats outfit, which... is a thing, I guess.

I suspect I'm going to be missing that mithril later.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

20. - Top - End - #50

I'm just about back to 300 mythril as the news of 3 more lucky draws and Extreme Fest is tickling my brain.

On the one side, I really really want Terra's and Cecil's EX mode Ultras. Okay, I know Cecil's EX mode ultra is "meh" overall - especially with Agrias on team holy so that she's using Sentinel and he's not - but the fanboy is strong with IV. Terra's looks awesome. There's plenty in Extreme Fest I'm likely to chase.

I also want LM relics for my A team members but those will be hard to hunt so I'll be trying to adjust my plans.

Speaking of LMs, I was bummed with I got Y'sthola as close to her first LM as I did without getting it but on the other hand was super happy with the bonus stats in Legend Dives. I'm currently trying to decide who gets the other set of 5* motes for the physical side dive.

Of everyone currently available I want to dive
    Maria, Terra, Y'sthola, Shantoto, Cecil, and Agrias (but they all compete for at least one mote type and Y'sthola won the contest).
    On the other side there is: Ramza, Reifa, and Bartz (Though Faris would be on that if she was available).

Bartz has a valuable LM2 but currently only plays A list on Eart and Water teams (Earth has gotten strong recently while Water is still weaker). Reifa is on my already strong Fire team with her burst but her LM 2 looks weak. Ramza lacks Shout so his "Buff duration +" Would really allow me to keep his Ultra up while using Chant or Tailwind to help take pressure off the healer when his bar fills. If I had Shout he'd be a sure thing.

Looking at it from a 4* mote perspective: Reifa get Ninja access which could be useful with her thrown weapons access and my Cardinal +++, but I can't really imagine many times I'd need her going Ninja over Monk with her BSB, Fire's Within, and Lifebane access.
    Bartz and Ramza and just stat boosts. I think I'm waiting for Faris for the moment.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been scrounging up mythril myself, don't worry. With all these lucky draws my head's been in quite a tizzy trying to figure out how to save up mythril for ExtremeFest banner 4 AND the lucky draws. thankfully I'm finally catching up to my spreadsheet's mythril total(which i've updated to mid-july) after finishing all the normal dungeons.

So speaking of a middle of a month, let's awkwardly segway into Extremefest (obligatory reddit link) which happens to fall on the 24th, two weeks from now, because that's technically somewheres in the middle of this month. I said awkward segway, i give awkward segway.

I'm expecting ~45 mythril between here and extremefest's banner 1(which excludes the FFXIII event mythril).

During this event in JP (which was during Christmas/New Years for context), there was also ~44 mithril given out between a minigame(9), a producer's gift(10) and new year's login bonus(25). If we're going to get anything similar... can't say because of the context it was given in.

The orbfest phase should give out 20mythril unless i'm forgetting a stage on each phase, which would not be out of character for me. I'm a forgetful man.

Zenith of Crisis Countdown event has 9 bosses, 7 of which grant mythril and all grant 5 and/or 4 star motes, crystals and major orbs, as well as a 6star accessory

FFXV special dungeon. 1 level of normal & elite difficulty where you can get noctis, his MC1-MC3 and 2 mythril

outside of the mythril granting stuff, Rebirth Dungeons are older Ultimate+/++ bosses (D160/D180) cranked up to Apocalypse level (D200). no mythril from these guys, but lots of motes.

Hall of Transcendence. Nemesis 2: Nemesis Harder: With a Vengence: Judgement Day... and Knuckles. Didn't beat him the last time? try again.

Now, this is where the imperil, medica & BSB draws Red Fel spoke of were initially from. Hopefully we'll get these at half price, as well as the OSB only draw. You read that right, JP had a OSB only draw during this event.

There were also three "new years" gem-only draws and I doubt we'll get them. I don't remember seeing anything in the datamined stuff that would indicate we could get them or a summer equivalent.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Small thing to point out: there's a rumor in Reddit of a special draw that costs only 5 Mythril (no idea if it's a 100-gemmer/5 Mythril, OR simply 5 Mythril), that essentially GUARANTEES an Overstrike. No Ultra, no Burst, no Chain, but only Overstrikes. The rumor goes that it'll appear sometime in ExtremeFest.

Given that 5 Mythril should be easy to get, this is a stupendous opportunity to get a free 6* relic, though it's probable that you have no control over what is it. You, of course, know where I'm going.. I'm gonna let my Odin figurine do the honors, sitting under my Xenogears copy, since it's full of Comic-Con luck. Or just do it while rubbing my phone on the Xenogears copy. While showering it with my two sets of new dice. It's either I get the Overstrike(s) I want, or those dice become the best Player dice ever. Oh, and with the second opening song of Shin Mazinger Z: The Impact on the background. Because f--- yeah that's an awesome song!
    Also - it's most likely that we won't get the New Years' equivalent Mythril bonus, given that we already have the 50 free Mythril tucked in (gee, we've been showered with Mythril these days - anyone would think we're spoiled, given that JPN doesn't have that many Lucky Draws...). The minigame bonus might have been given already with Keeper's High Jump, so there's only the 10 free Mythril from the producers. Though that might get replaced with today's surprise?

Speaking of today's surprise: dataminers found that June 10 has something related to one of the things Redditors and other Record Keepers have been asking for - the Bard content. Specifically, the Angelsong skill and Eiko's Record Materia, which we don't have currently. Nothing mentioned about Mog or Kefka, or items for them, but this is something long expected.

Now, if we could only get Unholy Blitz and the SaGa-related abilities, I''d be a happy camper. Plus maybe the Noel summon (since Romancing SaGa 2 was released on the US fully translated, after all), or an equivalent (Mateus?) because we definitely lack another Ice summon.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKee...c_draw_thread/

This is the OSB only (so no Ultra or Chains, just Overflows) draw Oskar and me mentioned. Reading the comments it does seem like it was a 5 mythril pull.

24. - Top - End - #54

RedWizardGuy

Did the Summoner LD, got Garnet's Ramuh's Staff BSB 2. That's great! Finally I can be comfortable with my lighting team. Atk/Mag Buff along , a OSB, Fran bringing Imperil and Reverse wall, TGCid SSB. Also helps with Mage teams quite a bit, as a backup healer.

White Mage LD is a no go. But since I already got a relic or two for every dedicated White Mage except FF I Sarah, it's a easy sacrifice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I just got FFRK. My main character is one shotting everything thanks to a weapon he got from a chest. Is this normal?

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    I just got FFRK. My main character is one shotting everything thanks to a weapon he got from a chest. Is this normal?
    Welcome to FFRK, then!

In the early game, yeah, your auto-attack is going to be solid against pretty much anything that's not a boss. That's pretty normal.

That said, soon enough, you're going to want to be able to outfit your team with relics. Also, if by "main character" you mean the Keeper (aka Tyro unless you renamed him), you're going to find other characters who do whatever you need to a lot better than he does. He's the definition of "Jack of all trades, master of none."

27. - Top - End - #57

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Hey, welcome! Yep, that's normal. The tutorial draw always rewards you a 5* weapon, either a Danjuro, Zantetsuken, or Blitz Sword. They're good stat sticks, but eventually you'll want to get character-specific soul break weapons. And it just so happens that this is a very good time for those! Normally it takes 50 mythril to roll for 11 pieces of gear on a banner, but we do regularly get 25-mythril "lucky draws". If you head over to the relic draw section, you'll find that there are currently 7 banners available for that! You can get a huge leg up on the game by pulling once on all 7, if you can scrounge up the mythril. If not, I'd recommend this order:

Spoiler: Lucky Draw suggestion
    Show

1. Support: support relics tend to apply stat buffs and debuffs, which are extremely valuable against 95% of the game's content.
    2. White Mage: Unlike most FF games, you can't multi-target your cure skills. This banner gives you lots of chances at AoE heals.
    3. Summoning: Lots of Medicas here, plus some pretty powerful offensive options too.
    4. Realm Dungeon Lucky Draw: Gives you a shot at relics from V, VIII, XIV, and Tactics. The last 3 realms have some serious grand prizes in there.
    5. Celerity: There's some good utility here, and the pool of characters covered in this banner is pretty good.
    6. Black Mage: The bulk of the stuff here is about dealing damage. Dealing damage is important! It's valuable! But it's easier to find ways to deal damage than to get the utility that will shift battles in your favor.
    7. Combat: Combat users are everywhere, and as a result, there are a lot of old or outdated relics here. There's great stuff in it too, but the hit/miss ratio's pretty high compared to the other stuff.

Other than that, magic/power breakdown, protect/shellga, and ruinga are your best friends starting out, and good luck!

Beat the Torment CM today. I still have no BSBs for V, and it got a little dicey at the end. Krile did the majority of the damage with R3 Bahamut and R2 Vali. Gilgamesh tauntaliated to the bosses and dropped two faithful companions on them (I'm never going to use his OSB, I suspect), and Exdeath finished the stragglers off with meltdown.

28. - Top - End - #58

With the recent upgrades my III team has gotten I re-challenged more Ahirman CM. I remember when this came out he hit hard enough through wall that my A team was barely hanging on. This time around he just melted before me.

The recent set of lucky draws gave me luneth's bsb and arc's bsb (and before that lucky draws and a 100 gem had given me Desch's imperil SSB and Onionflow.

Damage wise with no boosts on Luneth but +fire gear and meteor crush on Reifa she was still hitting above his weight class. Luneth's chance to stun played seriously to my favor and Arc's SSB (Aniversary LD) kept physical damage shut down. Leaving me free to mitigate magic down to easily managed levels.

When I first faced it it felt like what the new Apcalypse fights feel like now. This time it didn't even feel like an ultimate.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

They announced Jump Start battles. Observations:

1. No mention of prereqs to unlock. Does it open separately from the normal event, or does it, as mentioned upthread, require you to fully complete the event fights first?

2. Did someone forget to translate the images on the announcement? Don't recall noticing that happening before. And what's the dungeon called in Japanese? Normally my Katakana can ballpark when it's loanwords from English, but for that first image I'm getting something like "Furusuro-toru Dungeon" though the first word might be Furusuro*shi*toru or Furusuro*tsu*toru. I'll admit, in that block style I have difficulty differentiating between shi, tsu, and the small tsu glottal stop thing that I'm sure has a proper name.

Probably just too used to seeing Katakana used for English loanwords, and trying to map sounds to the wrong language.

30. - Top - End - #60

In JP, they're known as Full Throttle dungeons, so you're pretty close. And also, the Global name is way less fun.
    Merlin the Tuna