New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    At least there's a plot-relevant Matoya in FFXIV as well, complete with a great new version of her music from FFI.

But they're gonna run out of FF characters soon it feels like. Maybe they'll expand to some of their other RPGs. Like Chrono Trigger, Valkyrie Profile or Xenogears.
    To be fair, Matoya was included in part because FFI cast needed a BLM who would be recognized by people who haven't played Mobius.

And as for running out of characters, that's why we're getting a FFXV event (introducing Noctis, basically Squall if he were also a poor little rich boy), and possibly a Type-0 event (debuting three new characters). JP also gets collabs, but we don't get those. We are, however, getting extremely minor characters (like Scott from FFII, Aria from FFIII, and Umaro from FFIV), as well as castmembers from expansion games (such as Ursula from FFIV:TAY and Shelke from FFVII:DoC).

So, yeah. If that's the barrel we're scraping, FFRK is definitely low on characters.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Record Keeper IX: Having Sworn to Whale, Must I Live My Life in Deb

Hey. I'm not complaining that Matoya was added. She does round out the I cast nicely. If anything I'm saying the opposite. She's a way stronger representative than what Nabaat is. Nabaat exists for like two major scenes where her primary job is to take of her glasses. If they wanted to include a new XIII character they could've gone with Daaj.

And as for scraping the barrels. Umaro is a fair addition. Umaro was playable in VI after all. And it looks like we're adding FFTA as a game series. A pity that it's added as a seperate realm for record synergy. It'd be just fine to keep it XII since they're all set in the same world but... ah well. At least that means we're finally getting Montblanc.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Hey. I'm not complaining that Matoya was added. She does round out the I cast nicely. If anything I'm saying the opposite. She's a way stronger representative than what Nabaat is. Nabaat exists for like two major scenes where her primary job is to take of her glasses. If they wanted to include a new XIII character they could've gone with Daaj.
    I was going to suggest that they added Nabaat because they wanted to give somebody in the XIII cast Witch abilities, but (1) they only gave Nabaat Witch 4, and (2) Serah is already a thing. So... Yeah. Nabaat is just an awkward character.

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    And as for scraping the barrels. Umaro is a fair addition. Umaro was playable in VI after all. And it looks like we're adding FFTA as a game series. A pity that it's added as a seperate realm for record synergy. It'd be just fine to keep it XII since they're all set in the same world but... ah well. At least that means we're finally getting Montblanc.
    "Playable" is a technicality here. Umaro was a hidden character you could add to your party, but you couldn't so much "play" him as you could "unleash" him. At least Gau could learn multiple rages, or spells; you have no control over Umaro, who only has two randomly-selected attacks (unless you add a relic). He also can't equip things (other than relics).

Which further complicates how he could be playable in FFRK. How exactly do you translate a complete lack of abilities and equipment options into a character? Well, apparently - and I kid you not - you give him hammers (makes sense), fists (sure), and thrown weapons (not a chance), and CMB 5 (sure), MNK 5 (maybe), and SHP 5 (Hells no).

At least Gogo (VI) is a useful hybrid - caster weapons and swords, BLM 5/WHM 5/CMB 5. He's a healthy mix of abilities, and thanks to using caster swords, he can be effective even while autoing. Also, Lifesiphon.

But Umaro? He's not even one of those [I]useful/I] MNKs who can mix with Celerity or something. He's a CMB MNK. With SHP, for no apparent reason.

As for FFTA, to be fair, if they separated FFT Ivalice from FFXII Ivalice, it stands to reason they'd also separate FFTA Ivalice from FFT Ivalice. It also means that, technically, we could get multiple versions of Montblanc. I mean, we have multiple Cids, and will have multiple Gogos. We could get multiple Montblancs.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

They haven't separated the gaiden games from the main game before though. And unlike FFT, the TA and TA2 worlds are quite explicitly set in the same world at the same time as the XII games. The same Montblanc shows up in all three games after all.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Lucky Draw for 10 characters currently lacking relics? Hmm, that's tricky just to find 'em without mining I and XI for them all. Mine, assuming it comes after extreme fest:

WoL: If it's after extreme fest, then this adds his holy chain into the mix. Wrathable HP stock and damage boost to a good element? Sign me up.
    Refia: Still the best physical fire damage source.
    Edward: So many boosts, and they come on a support chassis, so it's not like you need to worry about using your gauge for anything else.
    Strago: Mostly for the BSB, though a large RES boost can have uses.
    Cait Sith: Lots of debuff options here.
    Fujin: Can't go wrong with her, and that BSB is a monster.
    Selphie: It'd be nice to have some healing.
    Garnet: IX's been pretty good to me, but nothing for the heroine so far.
    Larsa: Yes, I like all his defensive options.
    T.G. Cid: Obviously.

IX event coming tomorrow: get ready for multiplayer soul cage! He hates you so much he will hit himself with fira, take damage, just so he can start blasting you with damage-cap breaking fire magic. Celes' BSB2 is a champ here. Its commands are ice/holy, so you're always hitting a weakness, and the ice puts his fire out.

6. - Top - End - #96

BardGuy

Nabaat is based on her FFXIII-2 appearance. Although she'll need Sadistic Surge whenever they get around to a new event.

I- I suppose the other promoted classes are fair game.

II- Scott is coming. Paul apparently has been playable in other spinoffs.

III still has the other temporary allies besides Desch and Aria/Alia.

IV- obviously can draw more After Years stuff in, plus the fiends.

V-the rest of the dawn warriors

VI- a lot of temporarily allies left in Banon, the Phantom Train ghost(s), Moogles, Biggs and Wedge. Siegfried and even Kappa have their fans as well.

VII- rest of the Turks

VIII- Chocobo World hype goes here. and of course PuPu.

IX- rest of Tantalus (Marcus just got announced the other day), Lani

X- blitzball players?

XI- still a ton of important NPCs and the like.

XII: Vossler, Reddas, a lot of temps and a few more PCs if they bother to do anything with Revenant Wings spinoff.

XIII- Gadot and Lebreau(Snow's allies), Caius.

XIV- there's still the other Scions.

FFT- still a ton of party members

Type-0 has had only one event so the rest of the cadets, Kurasame(and his adorable Tonberry), Joker.

FFTA+TA2, Luso, Adelle, Ritz, Shara, Babus, multiple Cids

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkdragoon View Post
    VI- a lot of temporarily allies left in Banon, the Phantom Train ghost(s), Moogles, Biggs and Wedge. Siegfried and even Kappa have their fans as well.
    If they add Banon, his RM had better be something like "increases healing done, but starts the battle blind".

XIII- Caius.
    Yes to this please.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

What I'd like to see are less useless new characters and more wardrobe records. Most of the games with sequels should have new looks for everybody, as well as the games where people change outfits and classes. Besides that... Esper Mode Terra? Foolproof Bandit Disguise Edgar? Reporter Disguise Yuffie? Don Corneo disguise Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith? Schoolgirl Uniform Selphie?

Theoretical Lucky Draw...

IV Paladin Cecil - my IV synergy is poor
    IV Rosa - ditto. I have a medica from the Wonder Twins, but it's old and I'd rather use Rosa anyway
    IV Rydia - poor synergy, and she seems to have some cool stuff

VIII Squall - I can't stand him as a character, but I need the synergy, and a big old ice OSB wouldn't go amiss either

IX Zidane - A fair number of my IX characters have relics, but besides Kuja I don't have a lot of raw power here.

X Wakka - My X synergy is great, but Wakka is the weak link. A weak link that I need to include to get Full Break
    X Auron - Not strictly necessary, but he's a cool dude, and he tauntaliates

XII Fran - Again, have a decent team here except for the lack of Support (could use a real medica for Penelo, but I've got one of her lamer relics so she's off the list)

XIV Y'shtola - She has a number of nice toys, none of which I have.

FFT TG Cid - Because Thunder God.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2017-06-14 at 10:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I was going to suggest that they added Nabaat because they wanted to give somebody in the XIII cast Witch abilities, but (1) they only gave Nabaat Witch 4, and (2) Serah is already a thing. So... Yeah. Nabaat is just an awkward character.

"Playable" is a technicality here. Umaro was a hidden character you could add to your party, but you couldn't so much "play" him as you could "unleash" him. At least Gau could learn multiple rages, or spells; you have no control over Umaro, who only has two randomly-selected attacks (unless you add a relic). He also can't equip things (other than relics).

Which further complicates how he could be playable in FFRK. How exactly do you translate a complete lack of abilities and equipment options into a character? Well, apparently - and I kid you not - you give him hammers (makes sense), fists (sure), and thrown weapons (not a chance), and CMB 5 (sure), MNK 5 (maybe), and SHP 5 (Hells no).

At least Gogo (VI) is a useful hybrid - caster weapons and swords, BLM 5/WHM 5/CMB 5. He's a healthy mix of abilities, and thanks to using caster swords, he can be effective even while autoing. Also, Lifesiphon.

But Umaro? He's not even one of those [I]useful/I] MNKs who can mix with Celerity or something. He's a CMB MNK. With SHP, for no apparent reason.

As for FFTA, to be fair, if they separated FFT Ivalice from FFXII Ivalice, it stands to reason they'd also separate FFTA Ivalice from FFT Ivalice. It also means that, technically, we could get multiple versions of Montblanc. I mean, we have multiple Cids, and will have multiple Gogos. We could get multiple Montblancs.
    In Umaro's case Shooter is a reference to when you have him equipped with the Berserker Ring relic, which causes him to occasionally fastball special party members that decidedly do not have adamantium skeletons or regenerative powers. Also: it resists fire. looking at his gear list he's got: Dagger, Hammer, Fist, Thrown, Light Armor, Bracer. Which largely fits him, though I would maybe add Axes to list, his only weapon is the Bone Club in game so... YMMV. He's nothing special, sure, but so are a lot of monks.

His burst is also... kinda bad
    7xAoE Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
    Attack-> "Throw Ally" Ally medium %MaxHP heal + Instant Cast 1
    Defend-> "Frozen Mist" 3xST Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, self ATK +30% / RES -30%

But he's also in company of Squall BSB2 and Ayame's BSB when it comes to EnIce bursts so this one's design is... well it's kinda all over the place, really.

Other characters:
    Looking at recent JP events and recently added charactes:
    FFVIII recently added Kiros and Ward to their JP cast
    FFVII now has Rude and Elena to nearly finish up the 4 turks (missing Tseng to my knowledge).
    FFIII added Aria the water priestess
    FFT's got Meliadoul now
    FFII has the second most bland named character after "Guy", "Scott"

this is in addition to Gogo(VI) & Umaro Red Mentionned.

FFX could have the LeBlanc Syndicate from FFX-2: LeBlanc, Ormi and Logos added. They've got Paine in there so why not more FFX-2? Well other then it being FFX-2 :P. FF Mystic Quest as part of the "beyond" realm with the likes of Benjamin, Phoebe, Tristram, Kaeli & Reuben sandwich, along with Captain Mac & "Old man on Cloud" as a potential ally characters.

Outfits:
    As long as we eventually get Sailor Suit Red XIII, I'm good.

10. - Top - End - #100

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by oxybe View Post
    In Umaro's case Shooter is a reference to when you have him equipped with the Berserker Ring relic, which causes him to occasionally fastball special party members that decidedly do not have adamantium skeletons or regenerative powers. Also: it resists fire. looking at his gear list he's got: Dagger, Hammer, Fist, Thrown, Light Armor, Bracer. Which largely fits him, though I would maybe add Axes to list, his only weapon is the Bone Club in game so... YMMV. He's nothing special, sure, but so are a lot of monks.

His burst is also... kinda bad
    7xAoE Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, EnIce, Burst Mode
    Attack-> "Throw Ally" Ally medium %MaxHP heal + Instant Cast 1
    Defend-> "Frozen Mist" 3xST Ice/Non-ele physical dmg, self ATK +30% / RES -30%

But he's also in company of Squall BSB2 and Ayame's BSB when it comes to EnIce bursts so this one's design is... well it's kinda all over the place, really.
    The burst is interesting if you spam command 1 over and over again, because instant cast is very nice. I don't know what the DPS would be on Orlandu's BSB commands, but it'd at least be worth a mathcraft.

It's sad that Umaro has a better skillset than Sabin, but at least Sabin's fire synergy will lead to him being good with the fire exploding fist skill when it comes out.

Other characters:
    Looking at recent JP events and recently added charactes:
    FFVIII recently added Kiros and Ward to their JP cast
    FFVII now has Rude and Elena to nearly finish up the 4 turks (missing Tseng to my knowledge).
    FFIII added Aria the water priestess
    FFT's got Meliadoul now
    FFII has the second most bland named character after "Guy", "Scott"

this is in addition to Gogo(VI) & Umaro Red Mentionned.

FFX could have the LeBlanc Syndicate from FFX-2: LeBlanc, Ormi and Logos added. They've got Paine in there so why not more FFX-2? Well other then it being FFX-2 :P. FF Mystic Quest as part of the "beyond" realm with the likes of Benjamin, Phoebe, Tristram, Kaeli & Reuben sandwich, along with Captain Mac & "Old man on Cloud" as a potential ally characters.
    IX is getting Marcus, and I think Barbariccia is coming to IV to join Rubicante, though they just introduced Ursula (earth monk, sneaky-good BSB). FFX-2, CC, and XIII-2 also have their own realms in the realm dungeons in JP, so more's coming for them.

Outfits:
    As long as we eventually get Sailor Suit Red XIII, I'm good.
    These are the records I really want. The fun ones. Gimme the X-2 Mascot dresspheres and Tonberry Paine.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Man, that Apoc!Proudclad is gritting my teeth.

I can arrive to Weak phase and survive the attacks relatively well, but the Bit's Laser x4 attack eventually gets me every time. I've gone through several iterations, each time keeping Ashe (EnLightning Burst means she can deal solid damage while healing herself), Vanille (Burst Medica, natch) and the Keeper (Wall, of course). I've used the Thunder God, Setzer (for his Debuff Burst), Onion Knight and even Gordon. I managed to get the farthest with a team of Ashe, Keeper, Setzer, Vanille and Onion Knight, with a Last Stand RW for good measure, but the limited uses of Last Stand make it off for me. That, and the pisspoor amount of damage I can muster. Half-tempted to drop Alphinaud and Deployment Tactics to use Proudclad's weapons against it, but at the cost of damage mitigation (Power Breakdown can only take you so far, and the reason I managed to survive that long was because I was essentially stacking three debuffs - Power Breakdown, ATK/MAG from Setzer's entry, and ATK/DEF from Setzer's Command 1); not to mention Alphi won't do that much damage. That, or supercharge Ashe to hit damage cap by having Alphi's Deployment Tactics as RW and going for Krile or Papy for Sheepmode. Feel I could do it with a team of Ashe, Keeper, Setzer, Vanille and Krile or Papy for Sheepmode shenanigans, though I'll need to use one of them as secondary healer in order to survive the barrage of attacks.

As for the "Empty Hands" LD I mentioned (and Oxy linked), here's my choice of characters:
    1. Cecil, Paladin (FFIV): Can you believe I still don't have an SB for him? He has done everything relying on his (arguably good) default SB, and nothing else. One of the reasons I got pissed at the Player's Choice draw was that, while I missed the chance for Terra's Overstrike, I didn't even get Paladin Force as a consolation prize.
    2. Ingus (FFIII): The only member of Onion's Layers that lacks an SB, and it's part of the Tanking Trifecta (Seifer's Damage Redirection Tanking, Golbez' Bubble Tanking, and either Gilgamesh's or Ingus' Reta-Tanking). He feels kinda lonely, actually.
    3. Barret (FFVII): I had him originally as a party member, but he got displaced when...well, he got nothing to his name. Anything would be fine, honestly, though his Burst would be awesome.
    4. Red XIII (FFVII): I really need a good Supporter for FFVII, and he's the best of the bunch because his Burst provides a solid buff, Major Regen, and debuff commands. Certainly not as good as having a Dancer (i.e. Cait Sith), but he does fine nonetheless. He can cover up the debuff slot against single-target enemies.
    5. Steiner (FFIX): I originally had him as part of my A-Team, being a pretty solid tank with Spellblade skills, but he has been largely forgotten because he has no Soul Breaks.
    6. Beatrix (FFIX): Oh, and Beatrix pretty much replaced Steiner, but she also lacks an SB. Particularly her pretty awesome Burst, which combines Tanking with Imperil Holy; a must for Team Holy, though Edward is a good enabler.
    7. Eiko (FFIX): I prefer her over Garnet, but the RNGods think that I should use Garnet a whole lot more, so I got three relics for the latter, and none for the former. And I really like that Crit-boosting Burst Medica, which happens to offer ST Physical Blink, making her one of the better choices. Oh, and also, her Ultra is pretty spiffy.
    8. Sazh (FFXIII): Same thing as Barret and Red XIII combined; I like the character, and I need a good Support for the realm, and he does both nicely. He's one of the better buffers around, and no slouch at debuffing either.
    9. Cid Raines (FFXIII): Mostly because of his Burst, but really - he does XIII casting worthwhile even without it. His Burst would crown his worthiness.
    10. Reno (FFVII): Similar to Raines, but he's pretty cool nonetheless. His Burst is weird, but enjoyable...and I don't really mind how it works, just that it could help him be anything other than a Shellga provider.

Honorable Mentions: Balthier (he was part of my A-Team, but he was set aside by other, better characters; the only reason he's not on the list is because I chose Ras Algethi for him in Keeper's Choice I, so he has a Soul Break to him), Ayame (not that I'd use her that much, but I'd like her Burst just because it reminds me of the SaGa series...mmm, Beautiful Three...), Rosa (she has her first Medica, and...that's it. I planned to have her as my main healer, but she's no longer even in consideration: Lenna and Vanille have replaced her so badly, it's not even fun. She still has a +MND Bow I use every now and then, though...), Sarah (could use a Medica for those rare moments where there's FFI/Mobius events), Minwu (ditto for FFII), Arc (ditto for FFIII, but he already has a solid Super SB, so he can't qualify).
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

12. - Top - End - #102

After much S/L ing I managed to master both Proudclad fights but man was he not-fun. My insane damage Lightning team happened to also have good healing options. Eiko USB as a RW was the deciding factor for me. Last stand is a god-send against 4x attacks as all are processed before KO is checked, so when he focused fire on one of my people they'd survive from last stand and could re-summon the RW if RNG was kind.

4/5 runs he'd use 4x Laser focus firing two of Shantoto, Rapha or Garnet and then immediately hit us with the def ignoring AoE.

Proudclad makes me nostalgic for the Mandragoras.

For my Empty Hands LD:

1. Mayatoya (I): I lack mage relics for FF1 and while a healer relic is probably better, Mayatoya's elemental spread is potentially very useful.
    2. Firion (II): I wanted to make sure I got at least one shiny Disco in here and Firion's BSB is another chase worthy relic. I also lack II synergy.
    3. Rosa (IV): I was torn between Rosa for Medica purposes and Golbez for Darkness purposes but I went with Rosa. Her relics are solid, if not top shelf, and seem a nice fit for the LD that's shaping up here.
    4. Celes (VI): I still have no form of Runic and it would be one of the better SSB relics I could work into this somehow.
    5. Seifer (VIII): Here was the darkness user I went with instead of Golbez. His relics might not be top shelf, and honestly I'm not chasing them anyomre, but his Burst is exactly what I'd like to see from a LD - an interesting mechanic for Niche fights that I wouldn't normally pull for but would love to have.
    6. Tidus (X): If it was after the debut of her USB I'd have Rikku on here because she's also an empty hands contender, but where possible I'd want chances for Discos and Tidus's Disco is a great stat stick.
    7. Ayame (XI): I have cutting trigger and lulu's hairpin, but I need a third Ice user so here is where I can sneak in a victory for team ice.
    8. Vaan (XII): I want his burst mostly.
    9. Cid Raines (XIII): Its a very hotly desired relic and my team dark is a bit weak currently. Also since the only Cid relic I have is Orlandu's Burst, I needed to have a Cid on the list somewhere.
    10: Ovelia (FFT): I love FFT and still lack a solid medica.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

IV- obviously can draw more After Years stuff in, plus the fiends.
    Playing as a full party of the fiends would be hilarious.

X- blitzball players?
    Dona and Barthello. Isaru and his guardians.

XIV- there's still the other Scions.
    Not to mention all the Heavensward characters. Ysayle, ESTINENNNNNNN, Aymeric, Lucia. And the likes of Nero. Gaius. Alisae.

FFT- still a ton of party members
    Meliadoul is coming. But there's Beowulf, Reis, Worker 8, Byblos...and then of course your enemies. Elmdor, Balk, Vormav, Kletian, etc.

Though there is also the other problem that a lot of the games are basically at the very end in terms of dungeons. FF8 and FFV are in their final dungeons after all.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

14. - Top - End - #104

The FFIX event is here and I've still yet to clear either the U or AP forms of the XIII MP fight (due to not having had time with a good connection). will be trying them later.

I did my 100 gem pull on this banner and am now glad I didn't nominate Vivi for my empty hands LD above since I pulled his new burst (Fire-Ice-Lightning +Mag/Res up entry, tri element command 1 and mag/def bargain with fire/NE on command 2. He's going to be interesting vs. Soul Cage.

Angelsong is here but I'm not yet ready to make it, I don't think I currently have a team comp where I could fit it in.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

So I've mastered the Proudclad Jump Start.

Turns out all you need to do is rock it like a hurricane.

And by hurricane I mean abuse the Wind element.

Zidane - Mug Bloodlust R2, Dash & Slash R3 - World Traveller - Meo Twister, Storm Impulse
    Fang - Lightning Dive R1, Armour Break R4 - Pride of Figaro - Megaflare
    Luneth - Dark Bargain R2, Sky High R1 - Spear of Gran Pulse - Heavenly Gust, Eternal Wind
    Tyro - Power Breakdown R3, full Break R4 - Secrets of the Qu - Sentinel Grimoire
    Eiko - Curaja R4, Protectga R2 - Cetra's Destiny - Prayer of the Lost
    RW : Ramza - Shout

First round was zidane shouting, fang starting to stack the imperils, luneth self-buffing with dark bargain, tyro setting up wall and eiko protectga.

After that Fang stacked 2 more Megaflares (this actually caused the boss to become vulnerable to wind), Zidane MB'd, Luneth kept DB'ing, Tyro Full&Power broke the boss and Eiko tries spamming her Prayer.

At this point Zidane & Luneth (who were wearing Wind+ armours each) used their respective EnWind, Storm Impulse & Eternal Wind, then proceeded to throw max damage OSB after max damage OSB at the boss, while Fang Lightning dove for those medal conditions. In the end, with Tyro and Eiko dead, the boss was taken out by an expedient Dash & Slash rather then a showy OSB.

End result? 2 medals lost as Tyro and Eiko fell victim to the bits and the boss's AoEs and a much less stressful fight then expected.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Well. 100 gem on the IX banner netted me Rusty's Gold Armor. Which is his Legend Materia relic.

Opportunity Strikes: Small chance to temporarily lower the target's fire resistance a small amount when using spellblade abilities.

Um, I guess it'd be good for a fire party...? If I had any other relic of his. In any case, Synergy armor for IX, which is much needed.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-06-15 at 10:49 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

I think what frustrates me is that the LM from his armour doesn't play off the use of his BSB commands, which are Combat rather the Spellblade (which is funny because it's clearly modeled after steiner & vivi's elemental swordbros techniques) multi-hitting ST/AoE fire attacks.

It's still nice and you can build off it by using Fira/Firaga Strike and the Fire TwinStrike then lead into the BSB. But Agrias has the same small imperil from using knight abilities and her BSB commands are, unsurprisingly, from the knight school, so once online she can fuel her own meter gain

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

I think what frustrates me is that the LM from his armour doesn't play off the use of his BSB commands, which are Combat rather the Spellblade (which is funny because it's clearly modeled after steiner & vivi's elemental swordbros techniques) multi-hitting ST/AoE fire attacks.

It's still nice and you can build off it by using Fira/Firaga Strike and the Fire TwinStrike then lead into the BSB. But Agrias has the same small imperil from using knight abilities and her BSB commands are, unsurprisingly, from the knight school, so once online she can fuel her own meter gain
    Yeah, his stuff is basically designed to pair with Vivi (who is Fire-focused as well) as per their combos in the original game. It's why, for example, he has an SSB with Imperil Fire. Basically, this is designed to allow you to Imperil even without his Tin Armor, or Imperil even more with it. Yes, it would have been better if his BSB commands were SPB instead of CMB, but even without that you can give him Fire SPBs to warm up (pun intended) with Imperils before unloading his BSB and attendant commands.

I think that while some of these LMs make SB and BSB use more awesome, others just give the character a useful perk irrespective of SB access. This one falls into that latter category.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

As an FYI: FFIX keeps proving best girl FF realm

Reddit just made me realize the D99 Alexandria Castle Dungeon is 3 rounds and 6 stamina total. My brain never really looked at this. At 31356 XP per round and a bit above 600xp for SB mastery this doesn't sound like much, but the end result is about 16.5k XP per stamina.

You want to easily level? Here is easy leveling.

For comparison:TueSundaily is ~240k per round, or 6k per stamina. this is 2.5x better then sundaily.

It's like running sundaily twice over.

BONUS: The bandersnatches give a bunch of extra XP (one pair got me over 40k) and Greater Orb drops. Note these guys can make you fall asleep and like to use magic, so sleep resistant accessories are preferred carry.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-06-17 at 05:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Woot. Full Throttle Mastered!

Seriously, that was such a pain. I tried first with my mage team. Ashe's OSB hit for almost cap damage, even without her BSB for En-lightning, thanks to four layers of mag boosts (Faith, VoF, Yuna's Tenets of the Fayth and Shantotto's Primordial Elements). Shantotto also provided solid damage with her BSB. Unfortunately, none of them had the raw defense to survive for long. And I had to use Stoneskin for the match to get past the first opening volleys so I couldn't provide Guts.

Swapped it out with a physical team. TGCid, Ramza, Celes, Luneth with Y'sh on heals. Cid's OSB dealt less damage than Ashe, but they had enough defense that I could swap out SS with History's Truth. The quick-cast allowed me to get off all three OSBs. Coupled with Luneth's Lightning Dive and Celes's Thundering Twinstrike I managed to eke out a victory with just Cid and Luneth left standing.

Seriously. That fight is the worst. THE WORST.

21. - Top - End - #111

My connection keeps dying when I try to get a group for the MP AP fight so I'm gonna need to solo it. I don't yet know what team I'm going to use but I'm sure it will involve Mythril boosts.

I'm currently leaning on the idea of going full Mage with Healers + Alphinaud and Edea.

If I take Penelo (Dances/Burst), Y'shtola (Wall/Burst,heals/wrath), Relm(Burst, heals),Alphinaud(Radiant Shield/Burst), and Edea(Inagural Parade, Burst) and throw a couple mythril boosts on there I think I can bring this puppy down.

I really want those 4* Vitality motes. I've had three teams where I'm sure I'd win where I got D/Cd randomly and many more times when I simply couldn't connect to the MP servers at all (The game would start D/Cing randomly if I pushed MP in the raid set up).

Edit: Spent two mythril but got "Expert" because his final rush brought down 3/5 of my people so I lost many medals. Not sure I can Master it on my own so I'll just have to call that a win and move on.

Edea was doing a solid 4.5kx6 most rounds between her bargain, gear, Deployment Tactics and a Ley Lines RW.
    Alphinaud's Radiant Shield brought the boss down after Y'sthola, Edea and himself were squashed but the turtle-brontosaurus hybrid.

Relm and Penelo were holding on for dear life with their medica SBs while it hit itself over and over again.
    Last edited by SuperPanda; 2017-06-17 at 11:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Storytime!!
    Show
    -- Eden, Highway --

Vanille: I got 'e bad feelin' 'bough this.
    Onion: We've got those bad feelings every time Master Tyro takes us to one of these expeditions. We often end up winning.
    Vanille: No. I 'ahve...I should ough said I 'ahve bad mem'ries 'bough this.
    Tyro: Most people have. It's a thing. So as long as we beat whoever gets in front of us, you got nothing to worry about. Besides, we got Lord Orlandeau with us!
    Orlandeau: Rest safe knowing, lass, that I share your worries; yet, consider your worst enemy to be fear, and not circumstance. Confront that fear, and you shalt emerge victorious.
    Edward: It's easy to say that, milord. I have heard many a battle go wrong for being too fearless.
    Orlandeau: Your Highness, 'tis not lack of fear what I speak. It is confronting that fear, conquering it, using prudence as a weapon.
    Vanille: So, we goh 'e coward an' someone who's way too confiden' on the same team as. Go team.
    Tyro: Gentlemen, our healer.
    Vanille: Yea, I'm the party Medic; I ken also go as a Rav'jah, buh tha' Paradigm's nah gonna work, aye?
    Onion: What's a "Rav'jah"? Sounds wrong.
    Edward: A "Ravager", as the word says, ravages. It burns, pillages the land, leaving naught in its wake. To think you as such, miss Vanille, is quite worrisome...
    Vanille: I wosn't sayin' tha'...mostly, I wos sayin' tha' I'm good a' magic.
    Orlandeau: I take then you spoke of being a Black Mage? Pardon us, but the ways of your land are mysterious even to me.
    Tyro: Yeah...see, Vanille has the power to change her fighting style almost immediately. However, she specializes in White and Black Magic, as well as debuffing powers.
    Vanille: Aye - Medic, Rav'jah and Sabot'uh.
    Edward: You'd dare sabotage our expedition!?
    *Vanille groans*
    Onion: Well, those kinds of names give that idea, miss Vanille.
    Orlandeau: You cannot hope that we understand the underlying meaning behind those terms. Such as I do not expect you understand the titles I hold. The title, "Sword Saint", can be quite confusing to some.
    Edward: Of course not! In some cultures, a "sword saint" is given to a master swordsman whose exploits reach legend, to the point of being immortalized by the people. The serene expression of these legendary warriors and the reaches of their exploits earns them that title. I can't understand why would that seem so confusing...
    Vanille: ...Is 'e really thah dense?
    Orlandeau: As long as you understand my point, lass, it stands.
    Edward: Well...who is our opponent now? I shall compose a brave tale from our exploits!
    *Turbines flare!*
    Tyro: Never too late!
    Onion: Get ready, you guys! ...Whoa, that thing's big!
    *Edward hides!*
    Edward: I shall see your exploits as I stand from a safe spot! Yes, a safe spot!
    Onion: ...Coward.
    Edward: I shall have you know, that discretion is the better part of valor!
    Orlandeau: Had you an instrument, perhaps it would be also tactical. You wield a knife, though. That is cowardice, your Highness.
    Vanille: Well, 'least tha old coo' 'as some spine an'na sharp tongue.
    Orlandeau: I take you measure the sharpness of my tongue from the cuts yours do in your mouth?
    Vanille: ...Why does th' old soldiah has to insull with such soph'stication?
    Tyro: His accent?
    Orlandeau: And a heap of respectful banter. Now, to arms, comrades! Not even a gigantic mechanical siege engine shall make us yield, if we fight with determination!
    Onion: Alright! I wanna kick some ass already!
    Tyro: Well, at least we got someone enthusiast... But hey, so do I!
    Edward: Wonderful... Spoken like a true leader, milord.
    Orlandeau: I was a general in my world, once.
    Edward: Care to tell why you are not now?
    Orlandeau: That will be a story for another time. En garde!!
    *The Proudclad appears!!*
    ????: We can trust the pawns no more than the fal'Cie who move them. Humanity's fate rests in its own hands!
    Vanille: Oi.
    Tyro: What's wrong?
    Vanille: I know tha' voice. An' tha' mahchina. Do not leh it release its Limiters! Else, it'll become even more pow'rful!
    Edward: Well...it's certainly big. Draconic, I wouldst say.
    *The Proudclad attacks*
    Edward: GAAAH! Of all people, me!
    Vanille: ...Don't tell me 'e kennae stand 'e hih...
    Edward: It is your task, miss, to ensure our safety with your White Magics!
    Vanille: Yeah!? And wot's yours!?
    Edward: Well...to provide support, that is!
    Onion: Wasn't she supposed to be nice? I heard from mister Sazh that she was nice...
    Vanille: I'm nice when I wanneh, and this ain' the time!
    Tyro: I especially heard she's super-nice to miss Fang...
    Vanille: She's the lehst survivah o' my tribe ahn' I did somethin' really wron' to 'er, so I expect ye stop with yah gossip an' focus on the fight! By Barthandelus' grace, I kennae imagine wee-lads bein' so gossipy...
    Onion: Alright, alright, sorry!
    Tyro: Sorry, sorry! She's almost as scary as miss Terra!
    Onion: Or miss Quistis when she's giving her lessons! So glad she doesn't have her whips around anymore...
    Tyro: Or princess Lenna...I mean, she's gotta be hurt that she got pretty much replaced!
    Vanille: *with red glowing eyes* Wough. Did. Oi. Say. 'Bough. GOSSIP!?
    Tyro and Onion: Sorry, miss Vanille!
    *Random laser attack!*
    Tyro: OUCH! Hey, that smarts!
    Vanille: Um...that wasn' on 'is fuselage. Eh...guys? Big probl'm ovah 'ere.
    Orlandeau: Steel your defenses!
    Vanille: ...Right! Switch to Synergist paradigm!
    *Vanille switches into Synergist!*
    Vanille: This barriah maye lass less than usual, buh it'll do.
    *Vanille casts Protectga!*
    Onion: ...Um, how does she cast White Magic without an incantation?
    Tyro: It's a flair thing, I've heard. Miss Selphie also does that. Maybe they use Para-Magic like the SeeD?
    Edward: I...I shall not remain behind! Taste cold steel, metal fiend!
    *Edward makes a pitiful strike that hinders the power of the Proudclad!*
    Vanille: Hoo wee! Such a mighty blow! *slow clap*
    Edward: Thank you, miss. *bows*
    Onion: Uh...I think that was sarcasm.
    Tyro: Yep. Definitely sarcasm.
    Orlandeau: The lass certainly was not praising you, your Highness.
    Edward: I take the praise even if it hides venom!
    *Orlandeau defends*
    Vanille: Well...at lease the sc'redy-cah did somethin'...
    *The Proudclad attacks!*
    Vanille: YEOWCH! Me and my bi'h mouth!
    Tyro: Don't worry! I'm going at the rescue! Grand Aegis!
    *Tyro begins the incantation for the Sentinel's Grimoire magic!*
    Onion: I'm not gonna stay behind! Take this!
    *Onion Knight damages the Proudclad's weapons, armor, and even magic resistance!*
    Vanille: Are you competin' fah the world's worse Sabot'uh? I reckon I gotta teach ye mates how to do ih!
    *Random laser attack!*
    Orlandeau: NNGH!
    Vanille: ...Tha' was a lucky shoh, y' know...
    *Tyro casts the Sentinel's Grimoire incantation!*
    Onion: Did you see that!? The contraption flying around him is also attacking! Try to target it as well!
    Tyro: Good idea!
    Vanille: Act'lly, bad idea. Tha' thin' moves fahster then the eye can see. You'll nevah geh it. Jes' focus on the bih machina, an' we'll be fine.
    *Orlandeau remains defending*
    Vanille: ...I think I have to do everythin' 'ere, thehn...
    *Vanille switches into Medic paradigm!*
    *Vanille casts Curaja on Edward*
    Edward: A thousand thanks, miss.
    Vanille: It's...nothin', really. Jes' doin' my job. Now, if you did yours...
    *Edward makes a dent in the Proudclad's armor!*
    Vanille: ...I take my word back. Tha' was prod'ctive and weak a' the same time. I refuse to believe jes' how tha' kehn be achieved.
    Edward: Just providing the support I claim, miss.
    Vanille: Y' know wha'? I'll keep my tongue roll'd an' focus on healin'. For the sake of my san'ty.
    Onion: Taste this! Raiton: Ikazuchi!
    *Onion Knight casts Swift Bolt!*
    Vanille: Fin'lly! 'Bough time you mates did somethin' worthy!
    *Tyro attacks with Lifesiphon*
    *The Proudclad attacks!*
    Vanille: GGGH! ...Well, tha' ain' so bad, now do as? Bi'h bloke bayr'ly did a den'!
    Tyro: (What's the deal with her accent? First master Alphinaud, and now this?)
    *Orlandeau strikes with a THUNDERING pair of strikes!*
    Orlandeau: I presume you shall claim that as worthless now, lass?
    Vanille: I...tayke tha' back, suh.
    *The flying bit attacks with a laser!*
    Tyro: OUCH! You meanie!
    Edward: Fear not, friends! Endure, and victory shall be sure!
    Vanille: Well, meh'be if you did somethin' more than piss-poor jabs a' the machina, we could bee' i' quickah!
    Edward: I feel I must remind you that my assault on its weapons has made your job somewhat easier, no?
    Vanille: Nah like ya know i', mate!
    Edward: Of course I do! Give me a potion, and I shall share it with the party so that everyone can--
    Vanille: An' why in bloody Chaos di'n you said tha' already, you big lug!?
    Tyro: We carry no Potions, sadly. Except Lord Larsa. He seems to always carry one.
    Onion: And miss Rikku, but hers improves our combat skills.
    Vanille: I sweah, I dunno which kid is worse: the academy kid, the kid in tiny ammah, or Hope the whinah.
    *Edward weakens the Proudclad's weaponry with a knife strike*
    Edward: Huzzah! You shall NOT harm my friends, ere I so live!
    *Onion Knight casts Swift Bolt*
    *The Proudclad makes a laser barrage attack!*
    Everyone: GUUH!
    Tyro: Hey! What's that all about hitting everyone at once!
    Onion: Medic!
    Vanille: Oh, brothah...
    *Vanille casts Curaja on Tyro*
    *Tyro attacks with Lifesiphon*
    *Bit laser attack!*
    Tyro: Wh-what's the big idea, you big meanie! Point that to someone your...I mean, someone bigger!
    Edward: I recommend the one in the cape, mostly. No offense, milord.
    Orlandeau: None taken. Those attacks are nothing against me. Now...
    *Orlandeau attempts to strike the Bit in a flash of lightning!*
    *The attack misses!*
    Orlandeau: ...Such reflexes! But, how can that machine be faster than lightning?
    Vanille: Claire said the same thin', suh.
    Tyro: Claire? Who's that?
    Onion: Yeah, we know no one called "Claire"...
    Vanille: She calls hahself "Lightnin'" now, mates.
    Tyro: Oh! But wait; wasn't she mister Cloud's alternate universe female counterpart?
    Onion: I heard she's mister Cloud from another universe after wearing a magic cursed girdle that makes girls from boys!
    Vanille: Ha! Now ain' tha' good fuh a laaj!
    Tyro: (By the Crystals! It's like she holds her saliva in her jaw!)
    *The Proudclad attacks with a rain of lasers!*
    Everyone: GWOOOH!
    Vanille: Oi! Stop tha', you...!
    Tyro: Quick! Invoke the power of the Roaming Warrior! That should help us!
    Vanille: (Tho', I can feel the powah of life abough to flow from within me... Should I...?)
    *Vanille calls upon the Roaming Warrior*
    Alt!Eiko: You wanna piece of my pals? You're not gonna get it! Madeen! Protect them!
    *Alt!Eiko summons Madeen!*
    *Madeen roars! She protects the party!*
    Vanille: Wha' a strainge Eidolon! Oi, kid, wha's his name?
    Eiko: It's a she! And her name's Madeen!
    Vanille: Oh...so it's like Sazh's Breenhilduh! Well, nah exac'ly, I reckon, buh...
    *Everyone is healed!*
    Edward: I feel refreshed! Go forth now, friends, and take this monster down!
    Vanille: Could you shuh yah mou'h fuh an instann'!? You drivin' me crazy wi'h yah ceaseless bantah!
    Onion: *whispering* Master Tyro, is she having a...umm..."see-sure"? Why is she talking so weird?
    Tyro: Must be her accent. Like master Alphinaud, remember? Come to think about it...miss Fang also talks that way...
    Onion: Well...in any case... *shouts* Take this!
    *Onion Knight makes a Full Break on the Proudclad*
    ????: Watch it! This thing is not insured by the Cocoon government!
    *Edward dents the Proudclad's armor!*
    ????: I'm warning you!
    *Bit laser attack!*
    *The Proudclad makes another laser barrage!*
    Everyone: OUCH!
    Orlandeau: Cease your assault, or I shall be forced to unleash my mastery of the blade!
    *Vanille casts Curaja on Edward*
    Vanille: Oh...? Tha' was nah you' mows' pow'ful attack, then?
    Orlandeau: It's most certainly not, lass.
    *Bit laser attack*
    Onion: YOWCH! Why is that thing attacking us so fast!?
    Tyro: I think it's getting serious! Everyone, we have to take it down, quick!
    Edward: I believe I have a tale that shall aid us. May I regale you with it?
    Vanille: You gonna singin' now? In the miss of battle?
    Edward: 'Tis a tale of conquering adversity, milady! Hear such, and be inspired to defeat this adversity, as his highness Lord Cecil and his entourage defeated the Dark Elf in the Lodestone Cave!
    Tyro: Long story short; he's gonna do the same thing Ramza does when we bring him around.
    Orlandeau: You underestimate the power of inspiration, master Tyro. Your Highness, regale us with your tale and let your music inspire us to victory!
    Edward: Thank you, milord. *clears throat*
    Onion: Hey! I can help too!
    Edward: How, if I may ask?
    Onion: I can plead the Crystals for power!
    Edward; Wondrous! Then, let the light of the Crystals guide my voice!
    *Edward draws the Lamia Harp and a small flower bouquet*
    Vanille: Oh, brothah...
    Edward: *voice magnified* Testing, testing...one, two; one, two...yeeees! Good! Now, heed my tale, stalwart allies!
    *Onion Knight invokes the power of the Crystals!*

Edward: Mine health, it failed; mine strength, it waned
    Adven, ture took, its toll
    Crystal, in siege; lay tall, my liege
    Sir Ce, cil, of, Baron.
    As we, departed; 'fore he, I asked
    "Wilt thee, thou take, this twig?"
    Souls HASTED, they left; no WASTED, time spent
    Carrying, a whis, perweed.
    Lode made, metal; a test-of, mettle
    Yet on, they move, forward.
    May wood, and stone, and would, some bone
    Protect, from harm, as ward?
    Forsooth, the light; from booth, shone bright
    The sto, len Earth, Crystal!
    Shadows, behind; how low, unkind
    Dark Elf, stood front, most vile!
    The lode, made steel, a load, 'gainst will
    Heroes, disadvantaged
    But spell, 'twas avail; they fell, no fail
    One to one 'til the end.
    Mine heart, despair; this can't, be fair!
    Friends, no; you can-not fail!
    Feeling, gravely; took lute, barely
    And thus, I sang, this song...

Sing, Whisperweed!

*Edward pulls off the most awesome face-melting solo you've ever heard, period!*

Tyro: ...
    Onion: ...
    Vanille: ...
    ????: ...
    Orlandeau: Say no word of this to young Ramza, aye?
    *Tyro and Onion Knight nod...wait...are they headbanging?"
    Tyro: LET'S DO THIS!!
    *Tyro attacks with Lifesiphon!*
    Orlandeau: Still...this is our chance. Taste the sword of a blademaster!
    *Orlandeau crushes the Proudclad in blindingly fast, masterful Swordplay!*
    *The Proudclad kneels!*
    ????: What!? Why did this struck so strongly!?

*Echoes from the distance!*
    Chorus: DISPEL, THE, SHADOWS!!
    Edward: Darkness, will fail; you shan't, prevail!
    The light, will pierce, thee forth!

Orlandeau: I see...! He has cursed the enemy with weakness to the power of Holy!
    Vanille: Well, I'll be... I'll nevah insull the cheerleadah again.
    Edward: 'Tis BARD, milady; not one who leads cheers.
    Orlandeau: Long ago I learned to never underestimate the Bard. This is proof of why.
    Onion: Take this!
    *Onion Knight makes a flurry of staff swings!*
    Vanille: (Well...now I hold, 'cause these bogans'll make tha' mate mad!)

Chorus: ARMOR WON'T PROTECT YOU!
    Edward: Can't hide, can't leave; abide, and live
    This bane, ful me, lody!

*Edward weakens the Proudclad's armor even further! Plus it hurts the pilot!*

????: Enough! Limiters Released!
    *The Proudclad releases its limiters!*
    *Bit makes four attacks!*
    Tyro: OOF!
    Orlandeau: URRGH!
    Edward: NGAAH!
    Vanille: KYAAH!
    *The Proudclad unleashes a barrage of missiles!*
    Everyone: UOOOOOOAAAAH!!
    Tyro: I feel...I'm gonna...die...
    Vanille: Nah on my watch!
    *Vanille immediately draws everyone into a livid dream!*
    *Vanille casts Curaga on all party members at once!*
    Orlandeau: Prepare to taste my steel!
    *Orlandeau shows his deft Steely Swordplay!*

Chorus: FADE, AGGRESSION!
    Edward: This song, a balm; for wrongs, to calm
    A soo, thing lullaby...

*Edward guilt-trips the Proudclad's pilot into a psychic seizure, and weakens all of the Proudclad's weaponry even further!*

Onion: ORAORAORAORAORA!!
    *Onion Knight delivers another flurry of smacks!*
    Tyro: Hmm...I won't let everyone perish! I call upon the goddess Cosmos to usher us with her blessing!
    *Tyro invokes the Warder's Apocrypha!*
    *Random Bit Laser attacks! Wait, are they actually random!?*
    Edward: OOOH! AAAH!
    Vanille: UUUH! GAAH!
    *The Proudclad fires a Plasma Beam at Orlandeau!*
    Orlandeau: KZZZHT! ...Fortunately lightning cannot truly harm me!
    Vanille: I'll teach 'im a lesson!
    *Vanille attacks with a barrage of holy attacks!*
    Onion: MUDAMUDAMUDA...psyche!
    *Onion Knight swiftly crushes the Proudclad's weapons and defenses again!*
    Edward: Continue forth with the assault! This thing shall not vanquish us!
    *Edward attempts to disable the Proudclad's weapons!*
    *Random Bit Laser attacks!*
    Tyro: OUCH! YOWCH!
    Onion: YIKES! OUCHIE!
    Vanille: Stop hurtin' me mates, you big mackie!
    *Vanille goes for another barrage of attacks!*
    *The Proudclad unleashes a salvo of missiles!*
    Vanille: OW!
    Orlandeau: HUMPH!
    Tyro: AIEEE!
    Onion: YIPES!
    Tyro: This thing is unrelenting!
    Orlandeau: It must be going desperate! Do not falter now, when we are so close to victory!
    *Orlandeau makes another show of his Steely Swordplay!*
    Edward: I share your sentiment, milord!
    *Edward dents the Proudclad's armor again!*
    ????: You leave me no choice in this!
    *The Proudclad unleashes an Oneiric Maelstrom...whatever that is...*
    Everyone: GYAAAAH!!
    *Everyone barely survives by the grit of their teeth!*
    Edward: Stand tall! We cannot falter in this moment, so close to triumph!
    *Edward and Onion Knight resume their song and light show!*
    Vanille: Watch ou'h!
    Tyro: Not on MY Watch!
    *Tyro distracts the Proudclad with a warning shot!*
    Tyro: DENIED!
    Vanille: We migh' have a chaince!
    *Vanille summons Alt!Eiko again*
    Orlandeau: This ends now!
    *Orlandeau dashes into the Proudclad's cockpit and strikes!*
    *Bit lasers attack!*
    Tyro: OUCH!
    Vanille: OI!
    Edward: NNGH!
    Onion: HEY!
    Orlandeau: Your foul trickery will not make my allies yield! I shall end you with swift strokes of my flashing blade!
    *Orlandeau delivers a master class of Swordplay inside the Proudclad's cockpit!*
    Orlandeau: Beware! The pilot is reacting!
    Tyro: Not if I don't allow it!
    *Tyro strikes the Proudclad's cockpit with a warning shot!*
    Tyro: Denied!
    Edward: I shall show the true power of music! Prepare!
    *Edward alternates between his Soothing Lullaby and his Baneful Melody!*
    Onion: Miss Vanille! You ready?
    Vanille: ...Ready fuh wha'?
    Onion: To end this! I have an idea!
    Vanille: ...Whatevah finishes this... I heah.
    Onion: Good! Lord Orlandeau, can you mimic the strategy used by sir Steiner and Master Vivi?
    Orlandeau: I have but seldomly seen it, but I gather the gist of it. Attempt so.
    Onion: Awesome! Well, get ready!
    Orlandeau: I was born ready!
    Onion: Raiton! Ikazuchi!
    *Onion casts Swift Bolt at Orlandeau!*
    Orlandeau: To mine blade!
    *Orlandeau...absorbs Ninja Magic? How come?*
    Orlandeau: CHEEEESTO!!!
    *Orlandeau delivers a lightning-fast sword strike!*
    Onion: Miss Vanille! Now!
    *Vanille draws the Proudclad and Orlandeau into the dream world!*
    Vanille: I shall use my powah creativ'ly! Use it well, m'lord!
    *Vanille unleashes a barrage of holy attacks!*
    Edward: And now, the finale!
    *Edward intensifies the music!*
    Orlandeau: See why I am called the THUNDER GOD!!!
    *Orlandeau executes all his Holy Sword, Dark Sword and Unyielding Blade Techniques in quick succession, drawing from the power of Vanille's holy blasts!*
    ????: Wha...what is this!? This is...impossible!!!
    Orlandeau: To a god, nothing is impossible...
    *The Proudclad explodes, in perfect timing with Edward's last riff!*
    *Dust cloud forms!!*
    Vanille: ...Wha' in bloody Chaos was all tha'!? Is the mackie down!?
    *Dust settles*
    *Orlandeau does a superhero landing, followed by a power walk while sheathing his sword*
    Orlandeau: Well...will you question my timing and prowess again, lass?
    Edward: (Good heavens! And to think I was witness to this marvelous tale! Oh Anna, my muse; I can feel you near! Inspire me, so that I may make justice to my fellows!)
    Tyro: Yay! We won!
    Onion: We did it! Woo-hoo!!
    Vanille: Ya know? You nah half-bad, mates. (Hones'ly? They terrifyin'...)

-- Royal Academy, Room of Portals --

Onion: That...was...awesome!
    *Ashe, Ramza, Setzer and Fang are around*
    Ashe: So, you guys having fun?
    Onion: Sorry we couldn't take you, miss Ashe! But, we actually managed to do it! Thanks to master Edward, actually!
    Edward: 'Twas nothing, sir Onion. I merely stood behind, singing. I certainly did nothing to help.
    Ramza: (And now, not even my song aids. How low have I fallen...)
    Setzer: Give a praise to Fortuna, gentlemen. And lady, of course. Only Lady Luck could have ensured your victory.
    Tyro: Not our skill?
    Setzer: ...Lady Luck favors the bold. And the skilled. But she is fickle. Sometimes, that is not enough. That is why I live my live in a gamble - if you fail, it was because fortune wasn't on your side.
    Onion: Alright! But...how? Do I make a prayer, or just say it aloud?
    Setzer: Engage in games of luck. That is how you favor her.
    Fang: You ain' pullin' 'em inno gamblin', now do you mate?
    Setzer: Life is a gamble, my dear. And a game of luck doesn't always require betting. Though...if you don't bet, how do you expect to feel the thrill of winning?
    Fang: They are still too youn' fuh that, gamblah. Vanille! How fehr you, my sheila?
    Vanille: Oh! It was amazin', Faan'! Mastah Edwaad san' a real movin' ballad, an' the youn' kids did they all! But, tha' man ovah thehr...he's a foahs to be reckon'd!
    Fang: I beh ye dazzl'd them wi' yeh pos'tive attitude, yeah?
    Vanille: Of coahse! Always tellin' them nevah to give up, an' to stand tall as, Faan'!

*Fang and Vanille start to move away*

Tyro: ...
    Onion: ...
    Edward: ...certainly the lass likes to spin tales...
    Tyro: What a f***ing hypocrite!
    Ashe: Language! Also...is it me, or are those two a thing...?

Finally! After several grueling attempts, I managed to beat the Proudclad yesterday! Took me until today to write up the storytime, mostly because of Vanille's accent (man, it's a pain to try to mimic a proper Aussie accent! Ignoring "g's" at the end of a "-ng" word, completely replacing R sounds, and so forth. It feels like a fake accent, but it's a way to distinguish her. The other was actually making a fair attempt at a ballad for Edward.

Speaking of which...I feel kinda smug, that I managed to beat one of the toughest Apoc+ bosses so far with none other than the Spoony Bard. Edward really hit all the right notes (pun intended), what with stacking debuffs, imperil Holy, an Attack boost that stacked with Onion's own (and supercharged Orlandeau), and two extra Breakdowns for good measure: the Proudclad did less than 800 damage almost every time. Coupled with Orlandeau's and Onion's Bursts, they granted incredible flexibility in just about every conceivable way. They really stacked to pack some punch, particularly Orlandeau's Burst opener which did somewhere around 50k - 60k points of damage. Took me a sweet while to prepare, but at the end, I snatched victory from the grasp of the machine.

Spoiler: Party compo
    Show
    Keeper, lv. 86; Goddess Tribute, Keeper's Frock Coat, Gauntlets (IV); Dismissal R4, Lifesiphon R3; Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Orlandeau, lv. 99; Ragnarok (FFT), Gaffgarion's Shell, Goddess' Earrings; Thundering Twinstrike R2, Powerchain R3; One-Eyed General
    Onion Knight, lv. 99; Eternal Staff, Crystal Mail, General's Belt; Full Break R3, Swift Bolt R5; Battleforged
    Edward, lv. 80; Keepsake Knife, Silver Bangle, Cid's Boots; Power Breakdown R4, Armor Breakdown R4; Ace Striker
    Vanille, lv. 82; Misteltainn, Witch's Hat, Angel Brooch; Curaja R4, Protectga R2; Knight's Charge
    RW: Eiko (Guardian Mog)

The key here, as I said, was the Spoony Bard. Edward's Burst offered three great things: first, stacking debuffs, which allowed me to reduce the Proudclad's damage to a bare minimum while dealing tons of damage, as I stacked 4 different Attack and Defense debuffs (Power Breakdown + Full Break + Edward's Soothing Melody + Orlandeau's Steely Swordplay for Attack; Armor Breakdown + Full Break + Edward's Baneful Melody + Orlandeau's Steely Swordplay for Defense); second, boosting Attack, which made Edward AND Orlandeau reach soft Attack cap, and third being imperil Holy increasing the damage from Orlandeau's Burst AND Edward's Burst Commands, ending up with 5k - 6k damage per hit per each attack they made. The synergy from Orlandeau's own Burst (Holy/Dark element entry, Burst Command 1 deals Holy damage and 4 hits each + ATK/DEF debuff) meant each one maximized the other. With Orlandeau wielding a +Holy weapon, it was only a matter of time (and retrying) to beat it.

Of course, it helped that Vanille's Burst is an instant-cast Curaja medica, because with a MND boost (the same one the Burst entry offers), Vanille healed for 5k just from the entry alone. Follow that with Eiko giving everyone Last Stand, and I managed to survive Ultimate Retaliatory Strike just with that, preparing the team for incoming heals.

A shame that I couldn't do more, though I did beat and mastered Adamanchelid today. All I need is to do the A+!Turtle and snatch the rewards, while leaving Jump Start for later. I'll see if the same team works, but the problem lies in that JS ruins my timing...
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

23. - Top - End - #113

Panda: I've been farming the U+ version for mote drops, and I've been really fond of this setup. Something similar may work for the Apocalypse version.

Edea: Memento Mori, Chain Blizzaga (BSB)
    Tyro: Full Break, Affliction Break (wall)
    Minfilia: P Breakdown, Protectga (last stand SSB)
    Beatrix: Lifesiphon, Shellga (mBlink SSB)
    Vanille: Curaja, Curada
    RW: OK

The key is that offloading both Proshellgas from the white mage makes it much easier to recover from the damage+dispel into trample sequence. It's a bit of a low damage setup, but Edea hits hard enough to make up for it. In the U+, at least.
    Merlin the Tuna

24. - Top - End - #114

Chimera

I couldn't take down the turtle. I tried soloing, but that final rush where he drops 3 ultimate tramples was too much. It's so finicky- I didn't get Warder's apocrypha up in time in my final attempt, so in comes half the party being confused, frantic rushes to reapply guts over those 3 ultimate tramples, and then, the finale, getting disconnected after he takes 3 turns in a row. Normally MP's better to me than this.

Anyway, maintenance on Tuesday, hopefully we'll see fest banners and the total number of lucky draws we get there.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

So I'm on vacation for the next few days! Hooray!

U!Atomos was taken out by standard Physical ATeam: Vaan, OK, Fran, Tyro & Eiko. Nothing of note other then if you bring a dark mage, hey, he dooms you so Dark Zone starts pre-buffed!

U++!DracoZombie was CM'd with great ease via the all-star team of:
    Zidane - Mug Bloodlust R2, Lifesiphon R4 - Battleforged - Stellar Circle 5
    Beatrix - Draw Fire R3, Shellga R2 - Lionheart - Knight Protector
    Steiner - Firaga Strike R3, Saint Cross R3 - Knight's Charge - Knight's Honour
    Quina - Full Break R4, Wrath R5 - Ace Striker - Pumpkin Head
    Eiko - Curaja R4, Protectga R2 - Dr.Mog - Prayer of the Lost
    RW: Shout

I had to save/load once as the boss decided pretty early on to pummel the team with it's AoE lightning followed by a single target lightning on Steiner, killing him before Eiko could heal up. Second try had more basic attacks done, so Bea just tanked those and laughed. Once Steiner & Beatrix came online, it was game over for the boss, seeing as both were equipped with some Elemental+ gear: A SteinCalibur+ & Force Shield+++ for Beatrix and Enhancer & Red Armlet for Steiner. Zidane had his Vest & Rune Tooth, but Wind damage was less in vogue for this fight.

Jumpstart Fight... well it was Wind Team Wins. If you want to see my strategy, look at how I dealt with the the Proudclad, only this time assume better RS gear. Spam Fang's Gigaflare to increase it's wind weakness even more, have Zidane & Luneth EnWind and OSB spam, Tyro Walls+Fullbreak for defense & conditions, Eiko BSB cures the party and crit boosts. Fight over.

Hooray Wind team! Keep on proving your awesomeness.

The Ruin+ was done in by the same Wind Team. I had all the same tools, just moved around some RMs and abilities around a bit. Eiko died at the end of the fight, but it was a pretty easy win with no medals lost.

MP U+ Went well. Vaan + Fran debuffed everything in sight while other people did the heavy lifting.

MP Apoc... is on hold until I can find a team. All things considered though, I may just try to solo it later.

EDIT: done with the Apocalypse. Turns out the odd pair of Beatrix and Yuffie was just what the team needed. Bea imperil'd the boss for our team's Raines and Agriases to deal as much damage as possible, as well as attracting the odd attack. Yuffie and her BSB kept the boss's "on fire" time to a minimum, as she danced and debuffed him. Girl earned a MCIII in my eyes and I have a few to spare.
    Last edited by oxybe; 2017-06-19 at 08:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Well, DeNA did it again. There goes 50 Mythril down the drain on a non-fest banner, and for the most insane of reasons.

Apparently, the next event is the FFVI event, which has sweet stuff like Celes BSB2 (no, I'm not saying that sarcastically, since it's a Runic-enabling Burst with greater strength, even if Celes gets a second Burst before Terra), Leo's Burst (for cool and true tanking potential), Strago's Burst (yay, team Water!), and Mog's Burst (aka, most heartwrenching Burst ever). However, just as not recommended, I'm chasing just for ONE. SINGLE. RELIC.

In case you're eagle-eyed, there's only ONE relic for Terra, and that's her Legend Materia relic. You know, the kind of relics that you wouldn't want to get, unless they're super-good, just because they're not SBs and they're considered the busts? Yeah, that one. On the other hand, there's only one dupe on Banner 2, so it's not that bad. Of course, it's gonna be real bad if I don't get what I want, and worse if you consider that a dupe and a bust are possible, and that getting both would be so crushingly disappointing, but it's one of the few chances for an LM relic other than DU Lucky Draws.

That leaves me with around 100 Mythril for the fest Lucky Draw banners, plus whatever I can scrounge for. On the bright side, if there's a "Women of the Hour" LD with Terra on it, that's chance #2 for her Legend Materia relic, provided the event comes before it.

I don't do Mythril sacrifices lightly. I expect to be rewarded, one way or another.
    On Lawful Good:

27. - Top - End - #117

Thanks for the Advice Merlin, sadly I saw it after the event closed.

I got expert on the fight using my Radiant Shield build. I had tons of healing along with Edea and Alph throwing out damage - but by far most of my damage came from the turtle himself. The problem was keeping Last Stand up towards the end - a few unlucky turns at the end really tanked that run. I got a few MP attempts and nothing that ended well.

On the brighter side the IX Jump Start was a chump after Poudclad. If the Jump Start fights continue with this reward pattern I'll be pretty happy. 30 5* motes and 40 4* motes per event will slowly build up to very happy record spheres without needing to panic every time I see a chance at green motes.

My team was: Zack (BSB), Alph (SSB/BSB), Cloud (OSB), Y'sh (BSB/Wall), Tyro (BSB/Wall).

My IX gear while heavily mage is better than XIII by a lot too which helps. This looks like another 20% weak fight because I stacked 3 imperils without seeing full weakness. Still once I had boosts up (Shout RW, deployment tactics and hailstorm), rebuffs (full break + Tyro command 2) and triple imperil - Cloud finished the fight with a Max damage finishing touch.

My wind team has Cloud for spike damage while my Lightning team was very sustained damage oriented - Garnet double casting onto the chain was fun though. That did OSB level damage from a bsb command (8000x5 x 2)

Edit:
    With two Jump Starts down I'm more hyped than before for Legend Materia and Legend Diving - I just can't make up my mind for a physical Dive side (i've already started investing in Y'sthola and my current heavy hitters seriously favor mages).
    Last edited by SuperPanda; 2017-06-19 at 03:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Has anyone actually gotten any Fire Orbs from the daily orb dungeon? I'm unsure if I've had the worst luck, or if 10 Earth Orbs in a row is a hint that there may be something wrong with the dungeon drop table.

I should specify, I'm talking specifically about the Major Orbs. I've gotten Greaters and Regular Fire Orbs but no Majors.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2017-06-19 at 09:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

I recently ran low-to out of major earth orbs from honing Gaia cross, Meteor Crush, chain Stoney's, and chain bioga... as a result mondaily only drops major fire orbs for me.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

And both Ark and Full Throttle Ark are down. Exploitable Wind vulnerability for the win(d)!

... I'm not apologizing.

My team for Full Throttle:
    • Luneth: Eternal Wind BSB, skills are irrelevant. Scholar's Boon.
    • Bartz: Aerora Strike, Tornado Strike, Hand of the Crystals OSB. Love's Wake.
    • Zidane: Stellar Circle 5 BSB and Meo Twister OSB, your argument is invalid. Truthseeker.
    • Ramza: Magic Breakdown, Full Break, Shout SSB. Flower of the Sea.
    • Y'shtola: Ultra Cure, Shellga, Stoneskin II SB. Healer's Prayer II.
    • RW: Y'shtola (Asylum).

The only change for regular Ark was that, instead of damage boosters, I gave fast-SB chargers (Dr. Mog and Mako for Ramza and Y'shtola, Knight's Charge, Ace Striker, etc. for the rest).

Get Shout and wall up immediately, because this guy can hit with his heavy attacks within a round or two, and you want the Hastega and defensive buffs. Get Zidane's BSB up ASAP (but after Shout), because (1) Imperil Wind, and (2) Power and Armor Breakdown commands. Save Luneth's BSB until after Zidane's to maximize effectiveness. When Luneth's BSB recharges, trigger it immediately to take advantage of his existing En-Wind. Seriously, eight En-Winded Wind hits against an Imperil Winded enemy, dealing at-or-near damage cap each, that's a satisfying chunk of damage. Save Zidane's and Bartz's OSBs until the boss is around half health, they basically just knock him down. It's obscene.

This was so much more gratifying than the last one.